Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2013, 03:40 PM #1
SirSolo

spyder E99 weird problem

I have an old spyder E99 I have only used it 7 times over the course of 7 years so it's old. I have always kept it clean and well oiled. Now this past weekend I took it to the field and it will not fire over 210 fps?????I changed the spring same problem. I changed ALL the o rings same problem. i even used compressed air instead of co2 and that time it would sputter and wouldn't have enough pressure to recock... The gun repair guys at the shop were even stumped!maybe the veterans over here can help. One of the vuys mentioned the barell was warped is that possible?
SirSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2013, 05:08 PM #2
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Opteron-O3 supports Ninja Paintball
Hmm... that's strange.

By any chance does your marker have a regulator on it? If so turn up the pressure.
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:01 PM #3
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
ferret15 supports Ninja Paintball
Honestly not to knock tech shops, but they have been known to forget their roots with all these new guns.

Striker o-ring is most likely your culprit. First it needs to be the red o-ring, if its any other color its almost 99% your problem. Second is make sure it is oiled. The lower tube can use a dow 55 if you have, but any paintball oil is good.

Can you confirm these 2 things first?

Also: the e99 or the e99 avant doesn't come with the spyder bottomline reg. So unless one found its way on we should be looking at a standard spyder. Sir solo, if you're unsure just upload some pictures and we could tell you.

"Originally posted by E99_Curt: Shouldn't you be busy making a marker?
"
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:12 PM #4
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

He claimed he had oiled and clean properly so I had ruled those out. It sputters so yet it couple be an improper seal of the striker or the spring is catching on the bolt pin. Also check the valve and make sure its in correctly. The bolt too. Many things it couple be even something so simple.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:52 AM #5
SirSolo

From the Looks

All the o rings have been replaced, but from the looks the striker o ring looks a little too small to be on there maybe i am wrong, it is the RED O-Ring that is on there though. Manuel states it needs to be a different size one than the other red's.

I have taken it apart again i feel i may have missed a few things. for one the valve body has two different colored O-Rings and one of them is dry and brittle. From the picture you can see I broke it trying to get it off. those will both be replaced with fresh ones.

there also seems to be a Striker Buffer in between the striker and valve body...i don't know how no one in the shop caught this, I also don't know how I didn't catch this. not only that! I had two as you can see in the picture there is one black one on the spring and one blue one that was sitting in front of the value body. between the the valve body and striker...

i think it is clear where the problem was coming from...would you agree?

i will naturally be fixing all of this and as soon as i do i will report back, if you see anything else in the photos that looks like it needs fixing don't hesitate to shout it out.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:12 AM #6
‹GOD›
PMGWC Council

There shouldn't be anything between the valve and the striker. That's almost definitely your problem.
‹GOD› is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:20 AM #7
Omitica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ‹GOD› View Post
There shouldn't be anything between the valve and the striker. That's almost definitely your problem.
Omitica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:38 AM #8
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

It also looks like your rear valve o ring is broken. I'm sure you noticed when you took it apart lol
Old 01-29-2013, 09:10 AM #9
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

The blue buffer doesnt come with the gun. I have no clue what brand of shim that might be but definatly get rid of it. The black one behind the striker comes with the marker. It should be fine but not needed if you still have trouble after getting rid of the blue one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron-O3 View Post
It also looks like your rear valve o ring is broken. I'm sure you noticed when you took it apart lol
Also switch the orings on the valve so the clear one is forward and the black is on the striker/exhaust side. Should you use co2 youll find out why really quick.

"

Last edited by ferret15 : 01-29-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:47 AM #10
SirSolo

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH. the stupid extra washer you guys pointed out WAS indeed the problem. took it to the field this past weekend and it is now shooting at a consistent 290...a little high but it was accurate and i tore my friends up.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 AM #11
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Glad to hear
Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 PM #12
SPYDRMN22
Private Labels Only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSolo View Post
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH. the stupid extra washer you guys pointed out WAS indeed the problem. took it to the field this past weekend and it is now shooting at a consistent 290...a little high but it was accurate and i tore my friends up.
Nice!, and also only use gun oil not Dow as Dow will cause drag on the striker not to mention collect alot more dirt and debris.

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
SPYDRMN22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:52 PM #13
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYDRMN22 View Post
Nice!, and also only use gun oil not Dow as Dow will cause drag on the striker not to mention collect alot more dirt and debris.
I just want to add, use paintball oil only. On the o-ring itself, the bolt should be dry. The striker on the other hand you have more free play. Officially it says do the same, but many of us find that a nice coat of dow 55 works wonders. I personally have been using lurker lube since it works as a dow 55. Always has been a smoother cycle for the guys running LP spyder.

"
Old 02-05-2013, 09:40 PM #14
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
I just want to add, use paintball oil only. On the o-ring itself, the bolt should be dry. The striker on the other hand you have more free play. Officially it says do the same, but many of us find that a nice coat of dow 55 works wonders. I personally have been using lurker lube since it works as a dow 55. Always has been a smoother cycle for the guys running LP spyder.
Agreed. I prefer dow55 over paintball oil
Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM #15
nerdcore
Radical!

nerdcore is a top reviewer
nerdcore is Legendary
Man, that E99 brings back memories. Had a black one when i first started. Good times. Actually kind of miss it.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:51 PM #16
Mqz16

Spyder e99

My spyder e99 shoot 5times at the same time and stops and I have to recock it and when I shoot it again it keeps shooting by itself when I pull the trigger once?
Mqz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:42 PM #17
Vidalecent

Vidalecent has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sounds like a bad striker o ring. Replace it and try again.
Vidalecent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:11 PM #18
nenkitsune

I loved my E-99 avant. I was really getting a lot of work done to it to make a spimmy. It's gone though T_T

That black buffer behind the striker, is actually needed. I found that out the hard way. If you have any sort of forced fed hopper, it'll double feed and chop almost every single time (mine was actually puking out paint balls like, 5 at a time with my qloader) that buffer keeps the bolt from cycling too far back, which can cause nasty double feeds and chops. I cant believe how NEW that guns looks. Not a mark on it.

Spyder E-99 Avant (out of commission/spimmifying)
Kingman EM-1: Kapp Bushmaster V/A, Bumper mod, Modded stock bolt, Tboarded (ver a), WGP Ergo reg

My Feedback
nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote