Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-19-2008, 02:34 PM #1
n0tverycreative
Monkey With A Gun...Dog

has been a member for 10 years
Shawn Walker's Reponds!

Was on Pbreserve and *********.

********* contacted Shawn Walker - now of the RPL and manager of Camp Pendleton Paintball Park - to respond to various claims found in the court records of the Pacific Paintball LLC (NPPL, XPSL, PB2ZX, Xtreme Paintball Fields, Camp Pendleton Paintball). Specifically, those allegations claim that Walker misappropriated "not less than" a total of $110,885.00 through the use of corporate funds for various personal expenses, such as airline tickets, car rentals, equipment purchases and also alleges that he or associates "hacked into" the Camp Pendleton Paintball Park website in order to obtain information and to re-direct traffic to a new website under his management.

The internet forums PBNation here, P8ntballer here, other forums and blogs have been giving Walker a pretty rough ride over the past week or so - many essentially saying that they believe the allegations and many holding him personally accountable for the bankruptcy.

Mr. Walker was asked by ********* to respond to these allegations in general as well as to the specific claims. His response, reproduced in its entirety, is below:

Statement from Shawn Walker

As the paperwork has now been officially filed for the bankruptcy of Pacific Paintball and its related companies some accusations within the paperwork have been made against me.

I want to first be very clear that these accusations are just that, accusations. There is no verdict of guilt or even proof of information but rather just un-based claims. The bankruptcy document filed was created from and behalf of Pacific Paintball. There is no legal precedent that shows these as statement of fact and shouldn�t be interpreted that way.

That being said, I don't write this to change people's minds or convince people to believe one thing or the other. I actually find it a bit comical that I am such a hot topic for discussion. I only present another side of the story. As there are always two sides of the story I encourage everyone to weigh the information accordingly and form whatever opinion they want.

Directly, I will say again. I did not steal from the company nor did I cause the company to become bankrupt.

The reality of the financial situation of the company was my personal money and credit was intertwined within all aspects of the business. When I was let go it was like a divorce and we had to un tangle all the pieces. My lawyers were working with Pacific's lawyers to accomplish this before the bankruptcy. When someone asks if I paid for some personal expenses with company money, the direct answer is yes I did because the "company money" was actually my personal money (my personal credit card) that wasn't being reimbursed by the company

Here are a few counter facts to directly dispute the claims made in the BK doc.

1) To the claim I spent company money for personal expenses. In reality I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars of my personal money to operate Pacific Paintball. Over 200k alone on one of my personal credit cards. 90% of all the plane tickets we booked were on my personal card. Sometimes I was reimbursed from the company for these expenses, sometimes I was not. The last 3 months I was working for the company I had racked up over 30k of event expenses on my personal credit card that were never reimbursed to me. Sometimes records weren't kept perfectly but our Controller had direct access to my personal credit card account and paid bills directly to that account.
2) Most of all accounts and loans the company opened were in my name. Since the company didn't have any credit I had to secure these accounts. Car leases for other employees, equipment accounts, cell phone accounts, venue contracts, etc. etc. Because of the BK I am now forced to either pay off these company expenses myself or suffer the consequences on my personal credit history.
3) To the claim I over compensated myself for car and health reimbursements. How is this possible? I didn�t set up the Health care plans; someone else did with the approval of the investors. Same with the car reimbursement. How could I over reimburse myself when the checks were coming from our Controller and approved by the investors and CEO?
4) To the claim I somehow "hacked" into the Camp Pendleton website. I did nothing of the sort. I created a new website and hired the company that built the first website for CP to create a similar website for me. It has to look similar because all pricing had to stay the same as per my contract with the base. I made a new logo and am using that new logo on the site. In fact, since I have been operating the park I have had to honor reservations that were made even though deposits were paid to Pacific and I will see none of that money.

I have talked to many people that are owed money from Pacific Paintball. The way I understand it when a Trustee is assigned he/she will determine how to liquidate the assets and then how to pay the outstanding creditors.

I plan to submit the money the company owes me to the Trustee just like the dozens of others.

In the end there is one basic reality that everyone needs to understand. Pacific Paintball went bankrupt. Nothing said by me or others will change that. No one person caused the multi-million dollar company to fail. It was a perfect storm of multiple inputs that ultimately did the company in. For those that care about our industry, it's time to move on and start working on what we can do to be part of the solution not the problem. There are many quality regional leagues across the nation and one quality national league in the PSP. Support those leagues and show your support for our sport.

I am always willing to talk to anyone and answer any questions people may have. I have nothing to hide from. I am working hard to help turn this industry around.

Last edited by Pump Scout : 12-19-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2008, 02:34 PM #2
Iceboy

Thanks for the info, this has already been posted a few times.

Your username says it all
Old 12-19-2008, 02:35 PM #3
The Monkey Man

woahzers.....good or bad?
Old 12-19-2008, 02:36 PM #4
c0rkythegreat
<3

Shawn Walker = Failure. Period.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:36 PM #5
jerz_pn0y
Mini #844

jerz_pn0y helped look for balloons
jerz_pn0y owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jerz_pn0y owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
throw the book at him. hahah.

Rocking the Ego, DM, and Mini
Jersey Authority FC 89
Old 12-19-2008, 02:40 PM #6
c0rkythegreat
<3

LOL in other words, he indirectly said " yes I did spend the company's money, but it was my personal money as well".

Old 12-19-2008, 02:44 PM #7
bildo69
Chillin with kites

umm dont know what to say, he could be telling the truth or he could be making up a lot of bull to cover his assets. but i dont really care at this point.

X-Ball all the way

MIDWEST LOVE
Old 12-19-2008, 02:45 PM #8
ALmaniac336
OU

ALmaniac336 plays in the PSP
ALmaniac336 is an NCPA player
ALmaniac336 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
he fails at everything he does and the rpl will go down the ****ter just as his career has.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:54 PM #9
Bolter
MK Storm

Bolter supports Team VICIOUS
With respect, racking up credit cards does not make it that you are spending your money. You are spending credit with a bank.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:56 PM #10
Adrenaline-Junkie
Hells Yeah!

Im pretty sure there arent just accusations against him. As stated in the other thread you cant just make empty accusations with whats going w/o consequences.

WTB Gun/Parts/Gear List
Old 12-19-2008, 03:04 PM #11
ALmaniac336
OU

ALmaniac336 plays in the PSP
ALmaniac336 is an NCPA player
ALmaniac336 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline-Junkie View Post
Im pretty sure there arent just accusations against him. As stated in the other thread you cant just make empty accusations with whats going w/o consequences.
Yeah. I could accuse him of doing the right thing and actually making the nppl better. but we all know thats not true.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:06 PM #12
HKARMYBALLER

HKARMYBALLER plays in the APPA D4 division
pure fail.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:06 PM #13
DamagedProto

Shawn Walker's Response

Shawn Walker Responds to Claims of Misappropriation of Funds in Pacific Bankruptcy Filings
By Staff
Dec 18, 2008, 06:58

********* contacted Shawn Walker - now of the RPL and manager of Camp Pendleton Paintball Park - to respond to various claims found in the court records of the Pacific Paintball LLC (NPPL, XPSL, PB2ZX, Xtreme Paintball Fields, Camp Pendleton Paintball). Specifically, those allegations claim that Walker misappropriated "not less than" a total of $110,885.00 through the use of corporate funds for various personal expenses, such as airline tickets, car rentals, equipment purchases and also alleges that he or associates "hacked into" the Camp Pendleton Paintball Park website in order to obtain information and to re-direct traffic to a new website under his management.

The internet forums PBNation here, P8ntballer here, other forums and blogs have been giving Walker a pretty rough ride over the past week or so - many essentially saying that they believe the allegations and many holding him personally accountable for the bankruptcy.

Mr. Walker was asked by ********* to respond to these allegations in general as well as to the specific claims. His response, reproduced in its entirety, is below:

Statement from Shawn Walker

As the paperwork has now been officially filed for the bankruptcy of Pacific Paintball and its related companies some accusations within the paperwork have been made against me.

I want to first be very clear that these accusations are just that, accusations. There is no verdict of guilt or even proof of information but rather just un-based claims. The bankruptcy document filed was created from and behalf of Pacific Paintball. There is no legal precedent that shows these as statement of fact and shouldn�t be interpreted that way.

That being said, I don't write this to change people's minds or convince people to believe one thing or the other. I actually find it a bit comical that I am such a hot topic for discussion. I only present another side of the story. As there are always two sides of the story I encourage everyone to weigh the information accordingly and form whatever opinion they want.

Directly, I will say again. I did not steal from the company nor did I cause the company to become bankrupt.

The reality of the financial situation of the company was my personal money and credit was intertwined within all aspects of the business. When I was let go it was like a divorce and we had to un tangle all the pieces. My lawyers were working with Pacific's lawyers to accomplish this before the bankruptcy. When someone asks if I paid for some personal expenses with company money, the direct answer is yes I did because the "company money" was actually my personal money (my personal credit card) that wasn't being reimbursed by the company

Here are a few counter facts to directly dispute the claims made in the BK doc.

1) To the claim I spent company money for personal expenses. In reality I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars of my personal money to operate Pacific Paintball. Over 200k alone on one of my personal credit cards. 90% of all the plane tickets we booked were on my personal card. Sometimes I was reimbursed from the company for these expenses, sometimes I was not. The last 3 months I was working for the company I had racked up over 30k of event expenses on my personal credit card that were never reimbursed to me. Sometimes records weren't kept perfectly but our Controller had direct access to my personal credit card account and paid bills directly to that account.
2) Most of all accounts and loans the company opened were in my name. Since the company didn't have any credit I had to secure these accounts. Car leases for other employees, equipment accounts, cell phone accounts, venue contracts, etc. etc. Because of the BK I am now forced to either pay off these company expenses myself or suffer the consequences on my personal credit history.
3) To the claim I over compensated myself for car and health reimbursements. How is this possible? I didn�t set up the Health care plans; someone else did with the approval of the investors. Same with the car reimbursement. How could I over reimburse myself when the checks were coming from our Controller and approved by the investors and CEO?
4) To the claim I somehow "hacked" into the Camp Pendleton website. I did nothing of the sort. I created a new website and hired the company that built the first website for CP to create a similar website for me. It has to look similar because all pricing had to stay the same as per my contract with the base. I made a new logo and am using that new logo on the site. In fact, since I have been operating the park I have had to honor reservations that were made even though deposits were paid to Pacific and I will see none of that money.

I have talked to many people that are owed money from Pacific Paintball. The way I understand it when a Trustee is assigned he/she will determine how to liquidate the assets and then how to pay the outstanding creditors.

I plan to submit the money the company owes me to the Trustee just like the dozens of others.

In the end there is one basic reality that everyone needs to understand. Pacific Paintball went bankrupt. Nothing said by me or others will change that. No one person caused the multi-million dollar company to fail. It was a perfect storm of multiple inputs that ultimately did the company in. For those that care about our industry, it's time to move on and start working on what we can do to be part of the solution not the problem. There are many quality regional leagues across the nation and one quality national league in the PSP. Support those leagues and show your support for our sport.

I am always willing to talk to anyone and answer any questions people may have. I have nothing to hide from. I am working hard to help turn this industry around.

I can be contacted at shawn@***********
Old 12-19-2008, 06:10 PM #14
mdpaintball

mdpaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
. hm.
XSV Fan #1781

+302/-0 Ebay feedback
+2/-0 PBNation Feedback
Old 12-19-2008, 06:12 PM #15
Cegasaturn
It's a Cute Little Bunny!

Well written response
Old 12-19-2008, 06:18 PM #16
DamagedProto

ehhh... how can he say he finds this comical? we just lost the nppl, a great national competition.

also... the employees dont lie
Old 12-19-2008, 06:18 PM #17
solidius89
THE NONNIE

There are always three sides to every story:
What side1 says.
What side2 says.
And, most important, what the truth says.

We will just have to wait until the truth, whether it be from the courts or where ever, says, if and when it comes out.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:23 PM #18
DamagedProto

well obviously if you've been fired and you're getting sued by your own employer, it explains a lot to me already. i'm not picking sides. but come on r. kelly we all saw the video, you can't win.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:30 PM #19
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl is a founding member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
"I wasn't stealing, all the money was mine anyway!"

Right.

- Chris

Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
Old 12-20-2008, 10:54 AM #20
Team Enigma p8ball

" For those that care about our industry, it's time to move on and start working on what we can do to be part of the solution not the problem. There are many quality regional leagues across the nation and one quality national league in the PSP. Support those leagues and show your support for our sport."

I will do just that and play in the WCPPL. I like the way Mike Hingeman answers questions straight with no BS and the general ideal of paintball for players. Thanks for stepping up Mike!
Old 12-20-2008, 05:27 PM #21
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
he also stole their Email database and flat out lies about using it yet everyone who was registered with the nppl seems to have gotten an email.

He says that the email addresses are from his current sponsors, funny thing is the email address I registered to the nppl hasn't been used for any other registrations. yet he won't tell me how he got it.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback