DuckWalk

DuckWalk has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Looks awesome like the innovative cone drive
DuckWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:59 PM #24
JRizEJ6

has been a member for 10 years
JRizEJ6 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
any companies going to have speed feeds out and available at nppl vegas?
JRizEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:24 PM #25
NeCanes
TBO

NeCanes plays in the PSP
NeCanes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NeCanes plays in the APPA D4 division
NeCanes is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
you can easily mod a epic speed feed to fit.
stock epic

modded epic

modded epic installed
i cut off the small pronts on the top section but you dont have too.

you dont have to do this either but I did just because im anal like that and wanted the speed feed to sit flush. I also had an extra one incase i screwed it up.

Last edited by NeCanes : 09-26-2012 at 03:47 PM.
NeCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:02 PM #26
Oneofthemuppets
2k8 stuck in a 2k11

Oneofthemuppets owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Oneofthemuppets owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The only problem I have had with mine is that the tab that holds the lid shut snapped off, so I guess it is time to buy a speed feed.
Oneofthemuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:04 PM #27
VPB-ChristianW
Virtue Paintball

VPB-ChristianW works for a Paintball manufacturer
VPB-ChristianW donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneofthemuppets View Post
The only problem I have had with mine is that the tab that holds the lid shut snapped off, so I guess it is time to buy a speed feed.
Wow! Really!? Give the office a call... 631-617-5347

facebook.com/virtuepb.us
VPB-ChristianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:26 PM #28
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

UNDRPRVLGD_V2 works for a Paintball manufacturer
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D1 division
I cant wait to get one of these

UNDR Industries

-(UNDR)-

Last edited by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 : 09-26-2012 at 05:33 PM.
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 PM #29
f8al
POWERHOUSE REGS

f8al works for a Paintball manufacturer
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeCanes View Post
you can easily mod a epic speed feed to fit.
stock epic
[IMG]http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/aaron_fraher/0799977D-A5CB-471B-A753-6CE8375415F9-1605-00000116EB4E3FA8.jpg[IMG]

modded epic
[IMG]http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/aaron_fraher/4653C0FA-5A16-4CFD-BF59-0207304900BE-1605-00000116E8E921D8.jpg[IMG]

modded epic installed
i cut off the small pronts on the top section but you dont have too.
[IMG]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg21/scaled.php?server=21&filename=spiretop.jpg&res=lan ding[IMG]

you dont have to do this either but I did just because im anal like that and wanted the speed feed to sit flush. I also had an extra one incase i screwed it up.
[IMG]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg836/scaled.php?server=836&filename=myspiretop.jpg&res= landing[IMG]

[IMG]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3829/spireg.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg571/scaled.php?server=571&filename=spire2.jpg&res=land ing[IMG]
To piggy back on NeCanes posts (some of those pics look familiar.... ) here is a video I made for people that were not fully grasping the concept on putting the Epic/Exalt/Spine on a Spire.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:34 AM #30
olegodo
more cake!

olegodo supports Cereal Killerz 2
Small reball test.
Dm12, psp. Bps unknown.
First half just reballs, second half worst case scenario

olegodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:38 AM #31
Oiva

Oiva posts videos on PbNation
Oiva has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegodo View Post
Small reball test.
Dm12, psp. Bps unknown.
First half just reballs, second half worst case scenario

Awesome movie!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:03 AM #32
MurderFX

I finally got around to playing with my Spire (only took taking some vacation time and a semi-rainy day)...

I'm actually really really loving this thing.

I'll start by saying who I am. I'm a huge fan of Virtue products. I have Virtue boards in all but 2 of my Dyes (DM4 and DM5 are chipped, DM6/7/8/9 all redefined, DM7/10 and NT10 have OLEDs. one DM7 and NT11 are stock boards, for now) and Virtue boards in various other markers including Angels (G7 and A1), Shocker (RL with RL board), and Marq 6.

As one can kind of tell, I love Dye products as well.

For hoppers, I have about every hopper that has been made at one point in paintball... Or have had... My favorite hoppers currently out are the Prophecy and second the Rotor followed by the Halo V35. My favorite hoppers ever are the Prophecy and the OG Revys.

My first impression on the Spire was 'holy over packaged!'... But hey the clear box package does look sweet.

The feel and fit and finish on the Spire are good. Feels somewhere in between the Prophecy and the Rotor... which is a good thing IMO. IMO the rotor is over built and heavy. The Spire feels built strong yet feels a little lighter in hand (totally forget to weigh it ). I love the simple strip down of the Spire, about as easy as the Rotor. I didn't really like the screws for the lower tray but honestly I don't care. It would make a 100% disassemble a little longer then a Prophecy but again, I don't really care.

On to testing. I brought a variety of my markers. From ultra fast things to super duper quiet. All were chronoed at 275fps for each test.

I used a variety of paint from some All Stars that are well aged (with a broken ball or two in them), to 3 year old Anarchy that is still stellar, to reballs. I brought 2 field chronos with me.

Paint test (Used Spire, Prophecy and Rotor with Virtue board and virtue soft paddles as these are IMO the best 3 loaders).

Broken all stars (@ 0.682 bore size with some being as large as 0.689): The spire and prophecy loaded and never jammed. The rotor would occasionally jam when fully loaded with 160 paintballs. After the first 50-60 were shot, never jammed.

Anarchy (0.684 bore size): All 3 loaders never jammed.

Reballs (0.682 bore size): The spire and prophecy never jammed. I new better then to load the rotor, but I did anyway. Couldn't feed more then 1 shot...

Speed tests (sustained rates = average on chrono, max rates are the max bps shown on the chrono):
NT10 w/Virtue OLED: Did this test first to ensure my chronos and the board settings were accurate and acceptable between the board and chronos. Test 1: 12.5bps full auto. All 3 loaders feed fine and chronos and board are all within 0.1bps. Test 2: 15bps full auto. All 3 loaders feed fine and all ran 14.9-15.0bps. Test 3: 17bps full auto. The prophecy and spire both shot an indicated 17bps, the rotor shot an indicated 16.7bps sustained rate with max of 17bps. Hindsight is saying this is where the Rotor is starting to not handle the speed. Test 4: 22bps full auto: The spire and prophecy both shot rates of 22bps on chrono and marker. The Rotor showed max rate of 21.2 on marker and chrono, sustained rate shown on chrono as 19.8.

Here's where I switched markers to first my Cyborg RX. Uncapped showed the rotor feed 20.1bps, Spire sustained 24.2bps, Prophecy sustained 24.3bps.

Next I grabbed my MQ2 SR. Sustained rates: Rotor feed 20.0bps, Spire feed 25.6bps (WOW!), and Prophecy feed 24.9bps. Max rates: rotor 22.4, spire 31.2, prophecy 35.6.

Finally grabbed a chrono cheater marker lol, 05 Black Magic with PE E2 and adjusted the trigger to bounce like mad. Why? Because it's faster then sin itself. Sustained rate (keep in mind this is semi-auto setup to bounce): Rotor 18.6, Spire 24.2, Prophecy 24.8. Max rate (again - this is setup to bounce and the chrono takes the fastest 2 back-to-back balls for the max rate): Rotor 23.1, Spire 35.2, Prophecy 38.2.

A few comments, all these results are about what I've seen in the past. I feel the prophecy and rotor were feeding maybe 1bps slower then in the past but whatever, close enough.

Sound/sensing test: I used 3 markers for this, 05 black magic CCM pump, 05 Prostock mechanical with tons of Belsales goodies setup to run low pressure (180psi) that is super duper quiet, MacDev Droid, and DM7, again super quiet...

For this test, it's pointless to test the rotor so it is shelved.

The Prophecy has always had a problem 'hearing' these 4 without the sound sensitivity cranked so I set it to 3 for the test. It heard the DM7, Droid and Black magic just fine. Once it didn't hear the Prostock.

The spire in stock settings indicated and loaded each marker...

Overall I'm really loving the Spire. Not sure if it has taken over the #1 spot from my Prophecy yet... but it's close and has moved in front of the Rotor to my #2 spot. I truly love the rotor and love that most kids love them so I'm not having to put together prophecies at the field, but IMO it still has too many issues with small paintballs and reballs to make it my favorite.

Oklahoma D-Day 2012 - German Army - Join the fun
MurderFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:20 PM #33
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
I don't know about anybody else but Mine runs indefinitely with standby mode turned off.From reading the print media the loader should stop spinning once it detects the amount of resistance from the full stack.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:43 PM #34
BARBdaMan
Doesn't roll on Shabbos..

BARBdaMan is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderFX View Post
I finally got around to playing with my Spire (only took taking some vacation time and a semi-rainy day)...

I'm actually really really loving this thing.

I'll start by saying who I am. I'm a huge fan of Virtue products. I have Virtue boards in all but 2 of my Dyes (DM4 and DM5 are chipped, DM6/7/8/9 all redefined, DM7/10 and NT10 have OLEDs. one DM7 and NT11 are stock boards, for now) and Virtue boards in various other markers including Angels (G7 and A1), Shocker (RL with RL board), and Marq 6.

As one can kind of tell, I love Dye products as well.

For hoppers, I have about every hopper that has been made at one point in paintball... Or have had... My favorite hoppers currently out are the Prophecy and second the Rotor followed by the Halo V35. My favorite hoppers ever are the Prophecy and the OG Revys.

My first impression on the Spire was 'holy over packaged!'... But hey the clear box package does look sweet.

The feel and fit and finish on the Spire are good. Feels somewhere in between the Prophecy and the Rotor... which is a good thing IMO. IMO the rotor is over built and heavy. The Spire feels built strong yet feels a little lighter in hand (totally forget to weigh it ). I love the simple strip down of the Spire, about as easy as the Rotor. I didn't really like the screws for the lower tray but honestly I don't care. It would make a 100% disassemble a little longer then a Prophecy but again, I don't really care.

On to testing. I brought a variety of my markers. From ultra fast things to super duper quiet. All were chronoed at 275fps for each test.

I used a variety of paint from some All Stars that are well aged (with a broken ball or two in them), to 3 year old Anarchy that is still stellar, to reballs. I brought 2 field chronos with me.

Paint test (Used Spire, Prophecy and Rotor with Virtue board and virtue soft paddles as these are IMO the best 3 loaders).

Broken all stars (@ 0.682 bore size with some being as large as 0.689): The spire and prophecy loaded and never jammed. The rotor would occasionally jam when fully loaded with 160 paintballs. After the first 50-60 were shot, never jammed.

Anarchy (0.684 bore size): All 3 loaders never jammed.

Reballs (0.682 bore size): The spire and prophecy never jammed. I new better then to load the rotor, but I did anyway. Couldn't feed more then 1 shot...

Speed tests (sustained rates = average on chrono, max rates are the max bps shown on the chrono):
NT10 w/Virtue OLED: Did this test first to ensure my chronos and the board settings were accurate and acceptable between the board and chronos. Test 1: 12.5bps full auto. All 3 loaders feed fine and chronos and board are all within 0.1bps. Test 2: 15bps full auto. All 3 loaders feed fine and all ran 14.9-15.0bps. Test 3: 17bps full auto. The prophecy and spire both shot an indicated 17bps, the rotor shot an indicated 16.7bps sustained rate with max of 17bps. Hindsight is saying this is where the Rotor is starting to not handle the speed. Test 4: 22bps full auto: The spire and prophecy both shot rates of 22bps on chrono and marker. The Rotor showed max rate of 21.2 on marker and chrono, sustained rate shown on chrono as 19.8.

Here's where I switched markers to first my Cyborg RX. Uncapped showed the rotor feed 20.1bps, Spire sustained 24.2bps, Prophecy sustained 24.3bps.

Next I grabbed my MQ2 SR. Sustained rates: Rotor feed 20.0bps, Spire feed 25.6bps (WOW!), and Prophecy feed 24.9bps. Max rates: rotor 22.4, spire 31.2, prophecy 35.6.

Finally grabbed a chrono cheater marker lol, 05 Black Magic with PE E2 and adjusted the trigger to bounce like mad. Why? Because it's faster then sin itself. Sustained rate (keep in mind this is semi-auto setup to bounce): Rotor 18.6, Spire 24.2, Prophecy 24.8. Max rate (again - this is setup to bounce and the chrono takes the fastest 2 back-to-back balls for the max rate): Rotor 23.1, Spire 35.2, Prophecy 38.2.

A few comments, all these results are about what I've seen in the past. I feel the prophecy and rotor were feeding maybe 1bps slower then in the past but whatever, close enough.

Sound/sensing test: I used 3 markers for this, 05 black magic CCM pump, 05 Prostock mechanical with tons of Belsales goodies setup to run low pressure (180psi) that is super duper quiet, MacDev Droid, and DM7, again super quiet...

For this test, it's pointless to test the rotor so it is shelved.

The Prophecy has always had a problem 'hearing' these 4 without the sound sensitivity cranked so I set it to 3 for the test. It heard the DM7, Droid and Black magic just fine. Once it didn't hear the Prostock.

The spire in stock settings indicated and loaded each marker...

Overall I'm really loving the Spire. Not sure if it has taken over the #1 spot from my Prophecy yet... but it's close and has moved in front of the Rotor to my #2 spot. I truly love the rotor and love that most kids love them so I'm not having to put together prophecies at the field, but IMO it still has too many issues with small paintballs and reballs to make it my favorite.
Truly remarkable in depth review!
BARBdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:02 PM #35
Xal
Red Text

Xal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Xal owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Xal posts videos on PbNation
Xal has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal is attending Decay of Nations VI
I was wondering if anyone had a problem with the spire when it has around less than 50 balls left in it not feeding. I noticed that the "ramp" isn't that high up so it doesn't always feed properly. I would have to tilt my gun back so the balls in front fall back to the feeder so i can shoot again. Was just wondering if anyone else had this problem or if I was just having an unlucky couple of days using it?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 PM #36
MurderFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xal View Post
I was wondering if anyone had a problem with the spire when it has around less than 50 balls left in it not feeding. I noticed that the "ramp" isn't that high up so it doesn't always feed properly. I would have to tilt my gun back so the balls in front fall back to the feeder so i can shoot again. Was just wondering if anyone else had this problem or if I was just having an unlucky couple of days using it?
/things that never happen with an original Revy... lol

I did notice it but it's no different then a prophecy IMO... And it's no different then a Rotor when pointed slightly upwards... Until loaders are going to get tall again, I feel this will always be a slight issue as the designers need to keep the floors fairly flat to lower the overall height. I'm not complaining, it's one of those evil necessities to facilitate lower profiles.

Oklahoma D-Day 2012 - German Army - Join the fun
MurderFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:50 PM #37
Xal
Red Text

Xal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Xal owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Xal posts videos on PbNation
Xal has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal is attending Decay of Nations VI
i just noticed it happening a lot more often with the spire than with the rotor, but i never got a jam once so i've been pretty satisfied overall with how it performed. still plan on waiting till after world cup to decide on a new loader
Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 AM #38
C-LO21

C-LO21 supports Shocker RSX
C-LO21 supports Ninja Paintball
Waiting till Cup. Looks great though
Old 09-28-2012, 01:28 PM #39
Spy 1
Aruba Bandits

Spy 1 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Spy 1 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Just got mine wednesday but did not try it out yet looking forward to it

Team Blazed & Confused
Sponsors: Planet Ecplise, BonusballKING
R.I.P Juan Carlos Henao Jaramillo you will be missed but not forgotten (Diablero)
R.I.P Rob Kerr (Bloodangel13)

Facebook
Spy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:13 PM #40
jgill07

jgill07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jgill07 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer231 View Post
I don't know about anybody else but Mine runs indefinitely with standby mode turned off.From reading the print media the loader should stop spinning once it detects the amount of resistance from the full stack.
Happened to me too. Prolly low batteries. I put in new batteries and it stopped. Some of the last posts in the old thread indicated when it gets low battery, the sensors lose ability to "see" the balls. Weird thing is, my "old" batteries were still pretty new, so IDK if this thing sucks battery life or if the eyes need the batteries to be mid-level to full for it to work best. And I was using energy paintball batteries, so it wasnt a battery quality issue either.
Thx to the generous support of CC Paintball, the RPL, Camp Pendleton Paintball Park
https://www.facebook.com/SoCalStealth
jgill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:22 PM #41
BARBdaMan
Doesn't roll on Shabbos..

BARBdaMan is a Supporting Member
I love the spire. It is the most consistent loader I own and now the only loader I choose to own.

However, I cannot speak on the crown. I literally have to shake my loader in order to get the paintballs to fall into the loader. When I try to make the fingers more flexible by bending them as if paintballs were falling past them, they inevitably rip.

Virture, I am so let down. I will NOT pay for a new crown design, when the first one didn't work. This is the most I've ever paid for a loader and for the most part I am more than satisfied, but to hear that you will give me a discount on the redesigned crown feed? No, I should be offered a replacement and a apology.

Otherwise, great loader.
BARBdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:07 PM #42
Exhopek

Exhopek owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Exhopek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exhopek supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARBdaMan View Post
I love the spire. It is the most consistent loader I own and now the only loader I choose to own.

However, I cannot speak on the crown. I literally have to shake my loader in order to get the paintballs to fall into the loader. When I try to make the fingers more flexible by bending them as if paintballs were falling past them, they inevitably rip.

Virture, I am so let down. I will NOT pay for a new crown design, when the first one didn't work. This is the most I've ever paid for a loader and for the most part I am more than satisfied, but to hear that you will give me a discount on the redesigned crown feed? No, I should be offered a replacement and a apology.

Otherwise, great loader.

Let me give you the answer virtue gave me when I presented this problem. "You have a preference issue, there is nothing wrong with the crown speedfeed".

I spent the twenty bucks for a SPINE rotor speedfeed to fix the "preference" problem and its working fine now.

Regina Regulators
Exhopek is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.