Old 11-06-2012, 06:16 PM #2
C-Kidder

C-Kidder owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C-Kidder supports Team VICIOUS
C-Kidder supports DLX Technology
C-Kidder owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
this should probably be in the VS forum but....

spire is 100% better in every way it feeds smoother it has never jammed with anything I have thrown in there and I have thrown some pretty damn oval paintballs in there.
It has setting that you can adjust to your gun and is still just as durable as the rotor. Not to mention its lighter also.
C-Kidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:31 PM #3
DLeonetti55

DLeonetti55 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DLeonetti55 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DLeonetti55 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
spire. its lighter, has a smaller profile, holds more paint, doesnt jam EVER, has an easier disassembly, and easier to clean. personally i think it looks better too
#583 Vypr GSL
Hector's Outdoor Haven <3
DLeonetti55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:49 PM #4
C-Kidder

i agree it looks amazing!!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 PM #5
bcrguy

has been a member for 10 years
i have never had any real problems with my rotor. i want to try the spire but i just cant justify shelling out the cash just to try it. the reason i like my rotor is that it is simple push on push off, when its on the light stays on (unlike my old halo), it uses 3 AA batteries (i use rechargeables in both my rotors) and aside from the tension screw there is really nothing to adjust. iv had a rotor for almost 3 years now and have only had a jamming issue once and that was because i hadn't recharged the batteries in awhile.

at the end of the day it is entirely your choice i cant convince you to get or not to get either one but here is my experience.
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:11 PM #6
theVicious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrguy View Post
i have never had any real problems with my rotor. i want to try the spire but i just cant justify shelling out the cash just to try it. the reason i like my rotor is that it is simple push on push off, when its on the light stays on (unlike my old halo), it uses 3 AA batteries (i use rechargeables in both my rotors) and aside from the tension screw there is really nothing to adjust. iv had a rotor for almost 3 years now and have only had a jamming issue once and that was because i hadn't recharged the batteries in awhile.

at the end of the day it is entirely your choice i cant convince you to get or not to get either one but here is my experience.

Rotor is great. Haven't used the spire, but I've never been disappointed with the rotor. I've had two V3s for several years now, one of them has nearly 200 cases through it. Both have been great and I feel no need to purchase anything else.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:03 AM #7
jsnp8nt
Gathering Storm

jsnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jsnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jsnp8nt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jsnp8nt has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
They are equal in my opinion.
I like the look of the rotor (which I own).
The spire has better features.
#9 of 19 PBX LV1
Lime Spire 260
Lime PBX 68/4500 a tank w/Ninja Reg
Visit www.pbbomb.com for the #1 field in Chicagoland
Proudly Sponsored by Virtue
http://www.virtuepb.com
jsnp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:50 AM #8
C-Kidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by theVicious1 View Post

Rotor is great. Haven't used the spire, but I've never been disappointed with the rotor. I've had two V3s for several years now, one of them has nearly 200 cases through it. Both have been great and I feel no need to purchase anything else.
You need to try the spire simple as that.... Then you can tell him what the better hopper is.. Spire all the way

Quote:

First off the spire is 1 button push on/off like the rotor so not sure where your going with that....

Adjusting things like the settings on the spire gives the ability to improve your hopper to your gun and play style something you can't do with a rotor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnp8nt View Post
They are equal in my opinion.
I like the look of the rotor (which I own).
The spire has better features.
Do you own both? Go try the spire and you will not say that they are equal...
Spire loads constantly faster, is lighter then the rotor, has user adjustable settings to get it working perfect on your gun if it isn't already out of the box, holds slightly more paint and holds the paint on top of the drive cone without having to shake the last few balls around to get them to go down, smaller profile. The list goes on and on.... I pulled mine out of the box liked it more then my rotor to start and then the more I have used it the more I like it. I own a z2 a rotor and a spire and the spire is leaps and bounds better then both. Just my opinion but at least I've been able to test it out and get a good feel for it.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:50 PM #9
DeViLs_SouL

I use a Rotor + Seed
and NEVER have to worry about my loader.... I wanted to try the Spire... but as someone said, I cant justify the expense....

Rotor + Seed is just the perfect loader
DeViLs_SouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:46 PM #10
joker12187

joker12187 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
joker12187 plays in the MiLP
joker12187 supports Team VICIOUS
ive owned both..(had my rotor stolen in a trade) the rotor is very durable, holds up well...its a hoss....it wont break, unless your a total idiot...the spire is the same way, plus, its also lighter...their both real good hoppers...your going to have more jamming with the rotor over the spire, but you can find good used rotors for like $100...spires on the other hand, are around the $180 mark (dont hold me to it..) in the end...its just personall preference really...
R.I.P. SPC John Rodriguez - Operation Spartan Shield - 20170112
Memento Mori
joker12187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:58 PM #11
C-Kidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker12187 View Post
ive owned both..(had my rotor stolen in a trade) the rotor is very durable, holds up well...its a hoss....it wont break, unless your a total idiot...the spire is the same way, plus, its also lighter...their both real good hoppers...your going to have more jamming with the rotor over the spire, but you can find good used rotors for like $100...spires on the other hand, are around the $180 mark (dont hold me to it..) in the end...its just personall preference really...
Spires are about 150ish used.... and that's only because the market isn't flooded with them like old v1 v2 rotors...

PS. after buying a rotor and putting seed kit in it you can pay for a spire for the same price.

NO competition.... Still waiting for a real counter to how the rotor is better in anyway besides being able to find a used one cheaper. Jam's = missed shots and lost games... Spires do not jam PERIOD....If it will fit in the breach of your gun your spire will load it.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 PM #12
theVicious1

Wow, is the fanboy trying to justify his purchase? I'm sure the spire is a great loader, but you sound ridiculous. The rotor is a great loader. The halo and vlocity are still great loaders. It's fine your happy with your purchase, but it doesn't make the spire the only game in town. My rotor feeds any paint I buy, does it at 36bps, will not break, is easy to clean, doesn't need programming, and will run for a whole year on 3 AA batteries. I see no need to change, those features meet my needs for a loader. If I had a spire I probably wouldn't have a need to change to a rotor, likewise with the z2.

Now you get to respond with more one-sided ranting while I go play paintball. Cheers.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:58 PM #13
C-Kidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by theVicious1 View Post
Wow, is the fanboy trying to justify his purchase? I'm sure the spire is a great loader, but you sound ridiculous. The rotor is a great loader. The halo and vlocity are still great loaders. It's fine your happy with your purchase, but it doesn't make the spire the only game in town. My rotor feeds any paint I buy, does it at 36bps, will not break, is easy to clean, doesn't need programming, and will run for a whole year on 3 AA batteries. I see no need to change, those features meet my needs for a loader. If I had a spire I probably wouldn't have a need to change to a rotor, likewise with the z2.

Now you get to respond with more one-sided ranting while I go play paintball. Cheers.
I'm sure you play paintball in the middle of the night.
Hahahaha ignorant kid...... You try sticking that rotor on any gun and make a video of you shooting over 22 bps.
The rotor is slow, they lie about the feed speed and everybody knows that don't try and bash me because you can't afford to buy and test out a new product.
The biggest fail on rotors is they jam I have had mine jam I've seen more then one pro's rotor jam and multiple local rotor jam. I play tournys and missing a lane or a shot your posted on because of your rotor jamming and then losing games because of equipment failure isn't acceptable and once lots of people start to buy them you will see lots of more people talking positive about the spire like me so get used to it. Yet to see a single spire jam pro or not...
Old 11-13-2012, 07:54 AM #14
bcrguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Kidder View Post
You need to try the spire simple as that.... Then you can tell him what the better hopper is.. Spire all the way

First off the spire is 1 button push on/off like the rotor so not sure where your going with that....

Adjusting things like the settings on the spire gives the ability to improve your hopper to your gun and play style something you can't do with a rotor.

Do you own both? Go try the spire and you will not say that they are equal...
Spire loads constantly faster, is lighter then the rotor, has user adjustable settings to get it working perfect on your gun if it isn't already out of the box, holds slightly more paint and holds the paint on top of the drive cone without having to shake the last few balls around to get them to go down, smaller profile. The list goes on and on.... I pulled mine out of the box liked it more then my rotor to start and then the more I have used it the more I like it. I own a z2 a rotor and a spire and the spire is leaps and bounds better then both. Just my opinion but at least I've been able to test it out and get a good feel for it.
i was simply stating why i like the rotor over previous loaders i have used, i did say that i had not used the spire so i have no idea how its run. just because some us dont own both dosent mean we can say why we like the one we have.

and i dont think the guy actually meant he was playing ball right that second but lets face it you could plat at midnight indoors. your the arrogant one c.
Citrus Connection #88
Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 AM #15
bushhog750

bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I own both and like both. I'm lucky enough to own a rotor that has never jammed on me. I personally shoot the spire every weekend now since purchasing it. I like it more cause its lighter and quieter than my rotor. But the only thing I dont like is how if I tilt my gun sideways to much while being low on paint it wont feed. But that really just comes down to reloading sooner. Over all I like my spire better. But both are great loaders and one would need to play with both to make their own opinion. My opinion is spire for the win.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:51 AM #16
Dep
its paintball.settle down

Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dep supports Shocker RSX
Dep supports Ninja Paintball
The spire is the best hopper made and is going to be extremely hard to top.
It doesnt jam. The rotor does. The lid is huge making it hard to drop paint. And the spire holds more paint with a tighter profile.

The rotor has better colors. Hopefully virtue does the same
Dep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 PM #17
taulce1
Juston Taul Photography

I can't say anything about the rotor because I dont have one.

What I can say is that the spire has been an awesome rotor since day 1 for me. No jams at all. None. I was at the field last weekend and we found some almost tear shaped paintballs. They were really bad. The spire fed them. It was almost comical.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:25 PM #18
C-Kidder

Quote:
and i dont think the guy actually meant he was playing ball right that second but lets face it you could plat at midnight indoors. your the arrogant one c.
Are you serious?? Stop trying to argue with me when your clearly wrong. Please send me the info or website of a single indoor paintball place that stays open past 12 oclock. I've herd of one and they do it once a year so don't try and play some technicality **** on me. You are showing how completely ignorant of a moron you are, I know what the kid was meaning to say but without it typed properly I read it how it was written.

Last edited by C-Kidder : 11-13-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:18 PM #19
Dep
its paintball.settle down

Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dep supports Shocker RSX
Dep supports Ninja Paintball
Fiighttt!!!
Dep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:30 PM #20
taulce1
Juston Taul Photography

I'm getting some popcorn...
Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 PM #21
bcrguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Kidder

Are you serious?? Stop trying to argue with me when your clearly wrong. Please send me the info or website of a single indoor paintball place that stays open past 12 oclock. I've herd of one and they do it once a year so don't try and play some technicality **** on me. You are showing how completely ignorant of a moron you are, I know what the kid was meaning to say but without it typed properly I read it how it was written.
How am I clearly wrong? With voicing my opinions and experience?

I knew a place which would stay open till midnight during the week if you we're there to play. They have since closed down but I do know other fields that will rent early/late for team practices. However It's not on their websites or advertised.

How am I an ignorant moron? I really don't see anywhere in my posts in which that could be said.

Everyone in this thread is here simply to provide their opinions of the two loaders not to prove ones superior.
Citrus Connection #88