Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-19-2009, 06:36 PM #1
phil_spionowner

wow, its been along time.

hey guys. ive been a member for 3 years i believe. i dont know. but i havent been on in FOREVER it seems like.

i havent played like i used to.

can you guys catch me up on some Paintball news?

THANKS
phil_spionowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2009, 06:41 PM #2
ianhd22
Arme

has been a member for 10 years
ianhd22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ianhd22 is for the Gunfight
ollie is playing on iron men smartparts made the luxe and this vid is epic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d7_J...eature=related

and nppl isn't here any more xballs the new thing

HK hater
ianhd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:46 PM #3
phil_spionowner

i knew ollie was on Iron Men. i heard that JT and dynasty wasnt together. what happened to NPPL? and are there any paintball tournaments on ESPN?
Old 07-19-2009, 10:22 PM #4
SD-G-force
what's paintball again?

SD-G-force has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
isnt there a paintball news section?
SD-G-force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:55 AM #5
bradman156

welcome back =p
Old 07-20-2009, 12:56 AM #6
spiderdevil98
man the harpoons!

no there isnt a pb news sections, maybe we should get one

I fight for MACDEV
DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
spiderdevil98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:05 AM #7
phil_spionowner

sorry if this is wrong section. i was just wandering what all has been happening. what all new equip. is out.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:52 AM #8
osckey123
Definition of Class

osckey123 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
osckey123 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Smart parts created another company called DLX TEchnologies. They created the Luxe which is a gun that utilizes air through the grip frame technology which means no macrolines. This design is similar but much more refined than the automags of yesterday. Smart Parts also brought back the Impulse which was just recently released.

Dye continues their DM/PM brands respectively although they have not made any more Proto markers that are priced as high as the DM series markers. They have made Proto markers to be competitively(sp?) priced in the lower hundreds. The DM series markers continue to be launched in the 1,000+ price range. Apart from these differences, Proto and Dye brand soft goods are both quality products. Another thing to note is that Dye launched their own line of hoppers called the Rotor which so far has been praised for its sleek design and small size.

Philadelphia Americans have launched themselves back up in the NXL to become a major contender for the series title.

Millenium Series is still around in Europe.

Planet Eclipse made an enclosed bolt gun called the geo which was sort of new for them. They continue to launch current versions of the Ego brand every year.

NPPL filed bankruptcy due to poor management of funds and accumulation of severe debt after they pre-payed all the employees for the Buffalo event, last year I believe, and were later forced to call off the event due to the hurricane situation that year meaning they lost all that money. Shortly thereafter, they announced their intentions to file for bankruptcy. I don't know what became of Shane Wright.

After the NPPL failed, the United States Paintball League (USPL) was formed and pretty much filled in the gaping hole left by the NPPL's absence.

PSP continues to run events. They recently announced the movement of the World Cup to the Fantasy of Flight complex in Kissimmee(sp?) Florida which is right next door to Orlando. The PSP made this decision due to the fact that their was always a large Martial Arts Tournament at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex the same week as World Cup which put unneccessary strain on the attenders and players of the World Cup event.

PSP also lowered the BPS rate of fire on all guns to 10 BPS for most divisional play. Although, the PROs use a slightly higher rate of fire (I think 12 bps).

The National College Paintball Association (NCPA), which hosts large tournaments for colleges to compete in, announced recently that their latest tournament will be televised. The show has already started with its first episode having aired this past Sunday. The show is aired on Fox College Sports Channel which is abbreviated FCS. Check your local listings or the NCPA website and thread on this site for times and dates.

This give you a vague idea of what's currently happening in paintball and the past major events that have recently changed the industry. Much of it is the same though; new products every year from the paintball industry.

God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called
QUE VIVA ESPANA! LOS CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO DESDE 7/11/2010!
"Originally posted by xfactor6911: How dare you question my ****ing knowing of naval submarines."
osckey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:32 PM #9
ianhd22
Arme

nope paintball is not on espn any more jt is in like europ or something now nppl went bank rupt and i bleve that ecileps ( cant spell) will to soon they have been giveing away to much of their gear

HK hater
Old 07-21-2009, 04:35 PM #10
ianhd22
Arme

oh and idk if you know DP dangrous power they came out with like 3 new guns and theres a new gun from planet the geo and a new eteck

HK hater