Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 PM #1618
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
He's posted some pictures of the new workshop over on customcockers. It sounds like he'll be up and running soon, although I'm sure he'll have a decent amount of projects to finish before taking any new ones on.

http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...gress-pictures
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 PM #1619
SoulCoffin
Fat Baller

my project has been in limbo over at DC for about two years now...
Old 01-05-2013, 10:55 AM #1620
laxpro69

If anybody has one to sell (project or complete) shoot me a message, looking to pick one up.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 PM #1621
phantommaggot

Shame about the milling. I went ahead and had mine done just in case this happened. Turns out there is no point in me finishing it -_-...

If it comes down to it, and I cant sell it before I have the money to finish it, I'm gonna end up with a tray/asa combo and a UL frame. Or maybe a drone frame, possibly a fierce frame if I can find one.

ACID does amazing work, but it seems like hes always busy.

Here's a question, Who can do the polish and deburring ETC on my body? Or does the anodizer cover that?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:29 PM #1622
TheePsycho
Sadist

TheePsycho is a Supporting Member
TheePsycho is playing at Living Legends VII
Usually the anodizer can do the polishing. You could always do the polishing yourself as its not hard.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 PM #1623
phantommaggot

LOL, its more of a time thing for me.
Anyone using a etek frame? there are auroua etek frames on ebay right now for 19 bucks
Old 01-05-2013, 07:49 PM #1624
TheePsycho
Sadist

As long as you make a tray you can use any frame. The only tray that anyone has made a frame for was that ego tray so far.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:26 PM #1625
phantommaggot

That's where I'm at. If I finish it the way I'd like I'd have to throw WAY too much money at it. But it would look soo good if I had a tray/asa that matched the body and flowed with the gun, then stuck a UL frame or something on it. The hard part at that point would be finding a way to tie the tray into my body milling. Specially the way tony did it. I have ideas but I'd need someone that was good at using whatever program to get it right.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:47 PM #1626
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

If you're looking to use a UL frame, the PMR ones can be modded to fit without using a tray. Also, Mark may still be selling that Elia frame he posted up.

As far as Acid Customs always being busy, that tends to be the case for any good machinist willing to do custom paintball work.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:21 PM #1627
phantommaggot

PMR will fit without a tray?
I already figured if I got a UL I'd get a pmr and cut the ring off the front but I thought I'd still need a tray. My thought on it was to make the tray so the UL frame goes up into it just a little. Maybe have the tray swoop down towards the asa (since the asa would be part of the tray) so with the frame slightly inside the tray it would look a little more modern and ... meant for the gun lol. Also, when anodized it might give the illusion of being a single piece.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:36 PM #1628
TheePsycho
Sadist

I think one of the dm3 frames would be nice on one of these.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:06 PM #1629
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantommaggot View Post
PMR will fit without a tray?

Yes, I have one that uses a UTB. DOAT also did one using a cyborg/droid board and did a phenomenal with it. If I were to redo mine I would definitely be coping him. If you're looking from one I have an unmodified one I'd be willing to part with (pm me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOfAllThings View Post
Figured I'd show a few updated pictures of mine since I started working on it again. Ditched the borg frame, got a good deal on a PMR UL. Still using the borg board though. Rewired the screen so that it's down where the buttons would be on a UL. Rewired the batter clips, and micro switch, but it all fits, just barely. Had to mill out the frame just a tad under the grip to get the board to fit. Using an Acid Customs viking trigger I had laying around, still completely adjustable in every direction. Pretty happy with how it went. I'm thinking next I'm going to do something with the back of the bolt tube cut... maybe curve it a bit, the straight angle doesn't seem to match the gun.

Also, keep in mind this was all done on a manual mill, so it's not quite as fancy as some of the cnc'd guns out there. Also... I am very much not a machinist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOfAllThings View Post
It's the borg/droid tadao yakuza board. You have to desolder the micro switch and battery terminals and solder on some wires to run to a microswitch and 9v clip. Then the screen is meant to be plugged into the board, so you just unplug it, and run wires from the plugs of the board to the screen where ever you want the screen to be. You also need to mill out a section of the frame to get your board to fit in there. Also, I dremeled the inside of the grip a little bit too. So... it's not too hard, but you definitely need to know how to solder pretty well, and need to mill or dremel the frame slightly. I can probably get some better shots of how I did it the next time I take it apart if people are interested.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 PM #1630
phantommaggot

I just may, Will it work with the normal UL board?
Is the back screw in the factory hole. Man I'm pumped all of a sudden LOL.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:23 AM #1631
Enfamous13

I probably used a tadao cyborg board. Any other board with a screen would be too tall and have to be chopped.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:32 PM #1632
phantommaggot

I pm'd skinnyfatguy a couple times im sure.. just waiting
In the mean time.. trying to get my stupidbolt done..

Someone made me a good offer on my project but then decided he'd wait till next month.. I see that falling through.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 PM #1633
TheePsycho
Sadist

Let me guess D3adpool from McB.

You would need to use a tadao cyborg board if you wanted to retain the screen as there really isn't enough room. It would be nice if the one universal board that was posted on automags.org would come to light as that would be a nice board to use.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:56 PM #1634
phantommaggot

Ya, i saw the borg board. I Don't really care if it has a screen or not.. Just that it is somewhat simple and works (kind of why i like the borg frame)
However, that ul frame is pretty hot mounted there.

As far as who made the offer.. IDK who it was, came to my email.
It seemed sketchy though.. So I'll wait n see.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:53 PM #1635
TheePsycho
Sadist

You need a swirl milled javelin for that body.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:55 PM #1636
phantommaggot

Ya, it would look good. Haven't seen one of those in a hot minute though.

Thing about javelins, if they don't have the coating, they are just loud barrels IMO. One would be neat if it was heavily ported from the middle up like an armson stealth or SSR.

I haven't really decided what to do about a barrel for this marker should I get to that point. Could always have a javelin bored for inserts and ported I guess. Javelins are full of AKA goodness and would fit an OE build.. they just aren't my favorite barrel and I'm probably not gonna have a completely OE build anyways. I have a pipe kit here that I love and a sly kit. They would both be a bit more useful with a smaller set of backs.

Wonder if my evil pipe backs are thick enough in the middle to freak bore....
I also like the empire sniper kit because of the back design.

Its funny, I cant really make myself want any newer markers. Even if I sold this I would just want to build a ICD gun. UL framed FS8 or something. Maybe a complete promaster build up with the LP ram and all that. Everything I like about paintball markers exists... just in separate pieces on separate markers lol. And usually on older ones that aren't made anymore.

Honestly, I don't think there is a single brand new marker I would buy. Maybe an invasion or a proton. I wish ICD was still making markers. A modern freestyle or bushmaster would probably be a pretty legit marker.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 PM #1637
Enfamous13

New markers bore me. I've resisted the temptation to pick up one of the many milled vikings that have gone up with the remote hope that I would get my ehms finished.

Is it just me or do javelins have some of the worst boring ever? Mine are dull, I was expecting a finish like a lapco. Thinking of taking a flexhone to one of mine.

I sent an email awhile ago. I wasn't working then so I don't think I made an offer.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:50 PM #1638
phantommaggot

The new markers that don't bore me are usually never made because the 'patent' holders are greedy pieces of ****.. IMO...

For example.. The AEDES. Doesn't kee own the patent for the MQ now? I'm pretty sure the guys at DW patented the bolt. Maybe if my evil M sells I'll just build an AEDES. Get a bolt made, have an extrusion milled. use a PM5 UL frame. The hard part there would be finding a merlin sized MQ valve

BUT I'd have less in it than a M I bet -_-. Bolt would be the hard part IMO.

As far as javelins go, I've messed with a few. But they were all the off the shelf coated ones. Even the one that was on my excalibur. They shot fine, just loud as hell. Maybe the coating makes them look less honed?

I'm really into sanchez race barrels. Specially the first runs the spiral porting.