Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-06-2013, 02:29 AM #1
Ojshattuck

Bob Long Marq 7 Stolen?

So I had a buddy pick this bob long marq 7 up for 225 bucks and I was wondering how great the chance of this gun being stolen is? The seller said its super common for players to leave their equipment at a field after a tourney and I was wondering how common this really is for idiots to leave a 700 dollar setup unattended.
Ojshattuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 AM #2
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bump_Pitch supports Ninja Paintball
It's not likely, older high End markers go for cheap like that all the time. Even though they still shoot great, they are prices down to a mid/low end marker
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:55 AM #3
gamer565
Read the manual!!

has been a member for 10 years
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
gamer565 supports Ninja Paintball
Marq 7 don't cost $700 now days, what he paid is about the going price.
gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 AM #4
eforce
Factory PB

eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojshattuck View Post
So I had a buddy pick this bob long marq 7 up for 225 bucks and I was wondering how great the chance of this gun being stolen is? The seller said its super common for players to leave their equipment at a field after a tourney and I was wondering how common this really is for idiots to leave a 700 dollar setup unattended.
It's not common at all for a marker to be left behind at a field, especially after a tournament where more experienced players are present. That statement alone would be a deal breaker for me.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:40 AM #5
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The seller told you that people steal stuff all the time so don't worry about it? That didn't tip you off at all?
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 AM #6
Ojshattuck

I wasn't the one that bought it. If it was me I wouldn't have. But my buddy really wanted it so he bought it. The seller also said that he played on a team and it was his old tourney gun (supposedly) and he needed the money. This kid was stoned off his butt in a super rich area so I wouldn't be surprised if he is just a stupid little rich kid that is selling stuff his parents bought him, for cheap.
Ojshattuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:50 PM #7
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
I've never seen anyone leave a gun behind at a tournament lol. Gogs, squeegies, clothing, shoes......maybe the odd hopper. Never a gun. Most tournament players treat their guns like gold.

That being said, the price was pretty much bang on. If he's really worried he could post a thread for anyone who may have had a gun stolen. They could describe it and give him the serial number. Keep an ear open for any locals who lost a gun, you never know.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:34 PM #8
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
I've seen people leave egos behind before, rotors, tanks, etc. It happens
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 PM #9
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
I've seen people leave egos behind before, rotors, tanks, etc. It happens
At which time the person who finds it gives it to the field owner for when the owner does come back looking for it they can get it back. No, this guy found it, thought it might have been left behind(or the owner may have had to make several trips to his car which often happens when a team is packing up to leave), then pocketed it and took off.

That is theft
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:58 PM #10
SKI008

plays in the NXL
$225 is about what a stock Marq 7 is worth, maybe a tad on the low side but not by much.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 PM #11
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Hint for all new tournament players here. Always pack your gun away FIRST. Soft goods are easy to replace......guns can be expensive . If you have to make more than one trip to the car.........your gun goes FIRST lol. Smelly clothes are last.

It's sad to say but there are plenty of people just waiting to steal that pretty gun of your's if it's left unattended. Leave nothing unattended unless you want to lose it. Team groupies are always a bonus in this regard! lol.

I was at an event once where some girl stole a dudes gun for her boyfriend. A kid saw it and told his father. My god about 40 people swarmed that BF's van. I thought he was going to die. Funny thing is he apparently didn't know what she did since he welcomed the lynch mob to search his bag. I guess the GF wanted it to be a surprise. He truly turned white when the gun was found in his bag lol.

Trust nobody!

Last edited by MstrKey : 01-07-2013 at 11:13 PM.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM #12
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Hint for all new tournament players here. Always pack your gun away FIRST. Soft goods are easy to replace......guns can be expensive . If you have to make more than one trip to the car.........your gun goes FIRST lol. Smelly clothes are last.

It's sad to say but there are plenty of people just waiting to steal that pretty gun of your's if it's left unattended. Leave nothing unattended unless you want to lose it. Team groupies are always a bonus in this regard! lol.

I was at an event once where some girl stole a dudes gun for her boyfriend. A kid saw it and told his father. My god about 40 people swarmed that BF's van. I thought he was going to die. Funny thing is he apparently didn't know what she did since he welcomed the lynch mod to search his bag. I guess the GF wanted it to be a surprise. He truly turned white when the gun was found in his bag lol.

Trust nobody!
another good idea, is to always leave somebody with your stuff. If you're with a team, it's not too hard to do.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 PM #13
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
At which time the person who finds it gives it to the field owner for when the owner does come back looking for it they can get it back. No, this guy found it, thought it might have been left behind(or the owner may have had to make several trips to his car which often happens when a team is packing up to leave), then pocketed it and took off.

That is theft
I've seen some guys leave full setups behind before at our field. Never called again. Probably rich people. I remember one time a guy left a rotor behind and this one kid took it, and could have gotten in big trouble, but the owner let him off for it and just made him return it
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 PM #14
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
I've seen some guys leave full setups behind before at our field. Never called again. Probably rich people. I remember one time a guy left a rotor behind and this one kid took it, and could have gotten in big trouble, but the owner let him off for it and just made him return it
It doesn't matter how rich you are, leaving behind a setup worth hundreds of dollars is something no sane person would do. Probably better off though, someone that dumb has no business operating a firearm.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 PM #15
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
It doesn't matter how rich you are, leaving behind a setup worth hundreds of dollars is something no sane person would do. Probably better off though, someone that dumb has no business operating a firearm.
True that lol.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:24 PM #16
rexisme

rexisme supports DLX Technology
This reason is exactly why if I am with other people, someone stays with our stuff while we're packing up or not playing.

If I am alone, this is the very reason I take things that are expensive and not being used back to my locked car.