rawwwwwr

has been a member for 10 years
is danny dokter still alive???
i pm'ed him and emailed but no reply
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2005, 01:33 PM #44
ChrisH763

Re: The Ghillie Suit Guide

[quote] TOTAL MELTATION INTO THE GROUND... You want to blend in with the FOREST FLOOR.

QUOTE]
Old 06-03-2005, 01:40 PM #45
ChrisH763

Wink

i like the choice of wording

ive made probably close to 7 or 8 ghillies now, and like he said they dont make you invisible...you have to have experience at stalking and be just plain sneaky...id say dont even make one until you have the skills to properly put one to use, and one thing to consider is the patience stalking takes...you are going to get hot, sweaty,& itchy...so you must have patience, and be a calm person...and another thing is a headpiece may cause your mask to fog up so i'd advise getting a mask with a fan in it, sometimes with a lot of heat and sweat thermal lenses just dont cut it, they also restrict your peripheral vision, so it takes practice at getting used to using all of your senses to stalk
Old 06-10-2005, 06:36 PM #46
Vismund Cygnus

Is there a way to make a gillie poncho or cloak? I think that would work better for me. Is there any winter gillie suits? I think they would be really cool.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:32 PM #47
Foot

http://www.geocities.com/stalker217/ghillie/

There is a good site for making ghillie suits/ponchos
Old 07-08-2005, 02:20 PM #48
Hanestyle

props to the ghille

they are cool for the woods baller (me and my friends ) dont let the speedballers give anyone....you know. Speed ball is fun but dont knock us recballers. I must say, though, that it is fun to spot the orange and yellow jersey and hot pink gun at 300 yards though.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:07 PM #49
xoopiter-jeff

Can some one repost the pics that the first poster made?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 07-29-2005, 12:17 AM #50
nwestpballer
RugbyDept.com

I found and easy way to make a ghillie by making a "poncho" out of 3/4" fish netting and then using strands of cammo yarn to cover the back and the arms. I haven't got a chance to try it out yet, but i'm hopefully going to a scenario in september so i'll post pics if I get any.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:26 AM #51
barnz19

i have a good idea, on your shoulders and head, under the ghillie have a tight netting. that way you can adapt during the game.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:46 PM #52
Mr.Dirt

here is a website fo all you rec ballers
Old 10-06-2005, 07:41 AM #53
snyiper

nwestpballer Be careful with yarn as it gets wet or damp it may loose the 3 d effect. I think Ill try a Poncho should be ready by spring if I start now.. Plus Im older and slower than you younger guys!!
Glenn
Old 10-06-2005, 06:16 PM #54
Aslan
Tippmann Slayer

Post Check it out

I like to play recball and woodsball so wenever I get a gun that is shiny, I give it a decent camo paintjob. It takes some time to get it to look right, but it works. I also custom paint my hoppers and masks. I have a Prodigy as a back-up marker currently and it's WAAAY too shiny. But I didn't feel like painting it because it looks too nice as it is. So I bought a guille kit and made a guille gun rag for it. The second link in my sig shows the marker with the gun rag on it.

That hardest part about using it is just getting it attached to your marker so that none of the moving parts catch it. I'll probably have an easier time putting it on my mag with no external parts moving (awesome technology).

I was thinking of making a guille vest or headpiece. But I get sooo hot when I play in the spring and summer...I'd never end up wearing it. I have a nice woodland camo long-sleeve shirt that I never wear just because I get too hot. I can't even paint my arms because I sweat so much that it just makes a mess.

For my mask, what I did to make it more camoflaged is not only give it a little paint job, but also buy a woodland camo headwrap and then cut it in the back (otherwise it isn't big enought to wrap around the mask). I then tie it to opposite sides of the mask to keep it on. It does restrict the peripheal vision a tad...especially if it starts moving around...but the mesh is see through so it doesn't totally restrict it.

I agree that you shouldn't use a guille suit and expect to be invisible. You definitely have to learn how to be stealthy and use tactics.

Lesson 1: Be patient. Unlike speedball, you don't need to just fly forward off the break. Know the field...know the boundries. The boundries can be you friend (with your back to the boundry, there's nobody behind you). Try and work your way around the opponent or to their flank. Use the camo to move around and not be seen. But be patient. There's no use using a guille suit to get to a good position on your opponent only to fire at him to soon and give away your position. No matter how good your guille suit is, once your enemy knows where you are, it's somewhat useless. Remember that the goal of paintball is not only to kill everyone else, but also not to get killed yourself. Let the anxious 10 year olds with their Ions go up to the front and kill each other...get in a good position...then start taking out the survivors.

I'm not advocating hiding...paintball can get very boring if you're laying under a guille blanket for 15 minutes. Just don't move too fast...don't give away your position to early...be patient...and make your shots count.

And even if you make a really bad guille suit or gun rag...or even if you just wear a camo outfit...ANYTHING HELPS. All you need in most cases is to have just enough camo that the enemy won't catch you out of the corner of his eye. Don't expect to be invisible. Unless you're a special ops marine...you don't need to be invisible. Use camo/guille to just give you a slight advantage. Like I said, I have the gun rag and a camo mask...camo head to toe...but I wear a short sleeved shirt so my arms are totally visible. I would rather be comfortable than invisible. I have camo mesh gloves which are really nice because tehy breathe well and at least keep your hand somewhat camoflaged.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:26 PM #55
ruger

hey!

im gonna get either a wgp tactical trilogy or an olive green prostock.
could someone tell me the strengths/weaknesses of the guns, and which would be more suited for being a sniper.I really am looking at the accuracy and how far they shoot.

someone on here said to cut camo burlap into 6 by 1 inch strips and liquid nail them onto a bdu.i want to do that, but could someone show me a picture of this.

Thanx!
Old 11-18-2005, 10:52 PM #56
Emenresu

do you guys think i could sell a ghillie suit i made but isnt quite finished yet? And for how much? ill get a pic a little later
Old 11-28-2005, 02:56 PM #57
jester_s1

They've got this new 3D camo in the stores now (new to me at least) that looks like it has leaves glued all over it. I don't imagine it's as good as as ghillie, but it would be much easier to move around in. Anybody know where I could get some of those synthetic leaves to glue onto a regular outfit?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:48 PM #58
Rob Zombie

ok.

hey, chris#763 what do you mean by "the skills to properly put one to use"? I have a friend in the army, should I ask him about some stuff? also, wheres a good place to get ghillie suites? I'm looking for one for spring one for summer one for fall and one for winter.thanx,
Old 12-28-2005, 11:34 PM #59
Great Lakes Player

Ghillies work great if they are constructed right. And MAKE SURE TO FIREPROOF THEM. There was another death recently by someone wearing a ghillie. Not a nice thing to happen. And ya, there are winter ghillies, but a good set of straight white camo works just as well. If you go that route, try to find whites made from nylon. They don't get heavy like the cotton ones when wet. Burlap is what I always use....I have made them from Jute fabric, but they don't seem to "weather" the same as the burlap suits do.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:31 AM #60
dcardena
@ngry_inch

test
Old 03-17-2006, 10:57 AM #61
paintballforlife2009

Those things are for noobs..and woodsballers of course..i think they are gay as hell...some dude came up with a suit on and he got hit at least 8 times..didnt call out..when the game was over he shook his suit and all of them came out...what a ***...
Old 04-01-2006, 07:37 PM #62
evosniper5

Ghillie Suits rock

Anybody who says ghillie suits are a waste of time is rediculous. For a speed baller... Yeah, you would have to be a complete moron to wear one cuz of thier size and weight, but in the woods, playing rec ball, they are worth thier weight in gold. I can't even count how many guys have fallen victim to my spotter and i while playing rec ball because of our very effective ghillie suits. We can usually let guys walk within 20 feet of us and let them walk right by and shoot them in the back. One good tip on making them. Don't waste the time with sewing fabric on. Just buy some burlap, cut it into the thin strips, and apply it to you suit with a hot glue gun. Takes a fraction of the time to use the hot glue gun over sewing.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:18 AM #63
SilentMarksman

Just remeber, strapping on a ghille suit isn't gonna make you invisible. You have to use your environment. Shadows work very well, and underbrush is a good snipers hide. Try to see through the enemy's eyes, what do you thin you would look liek from that angle.

Stay away from buildings, bunkers, ect. The human eye is drawn to objects and contrast.
Closed Thread