I need a username
Shark Bait - Rawrrz

I need a username supports Team VICIOUS
I need a username has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I need a username has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I need a username has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I need a username supports DLX Technology
Announcers?

I wanted to start this off by saying I did have fun watching this tournament on the live stream and I thank the NPPL for offering a free live stream. I did have a problem with the announcers though. None of them had much experience, if any experience, commentating on live gameplay. Now obviously nobody is born with experience but you should have a solid commentator up there with these newbies helping them to announce and commentate the games. They would mute their mics after most everything they said which led to annoying clicking noises constantly, they would confuse themselves every game with whose playing (Which was difficult because of the game rotations) and when they didnt mute their mics there would be conversations going on in the backgrounds which we were forced to listen to. There also seemed to be bickering between a few of them at certain points with their mics on which we had to listen to and I even heard them stereotyping certain races and countries at certain points. I understand commentating is hard and these people took time out of their weekends to help with this live stream but cmon if you're going to step up to the plate and try to fill a big spot as the commentator of a live stream I think you should try to be as professional as possible and have someone with experience up there to back you up. Those are my thoughts... anyone else care to comment?
I need a username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2012, 07:07 PM #2
jonboy01 (Banned)

jonboy01 plays in the PSP
jonboy01 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jonboy01 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't know if they were the same commentators as the ones at the event, but whoever was the MC at the event should never be able to MC at an NPPL event again. The sexual comments about the Saporro and Hooter girls were completely unnecessary as there were kids all around the event. I love me some Hooters girls, but when a parent gets drug out there to see something their kid is so enthusiastic about and all they hear is trashy talk about women and sexual references, the parent probably won't want their kid anywhere near our sport. That was literally the only complaint about the event, it was completely terrible.
jonboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:08 PM #3
Swizz
Sniper

Swizz is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Swizz plays in the APPA D2 division
PSP was 10x better! To be honest that wasn't just the announcers fault. They needed better back up and also this format is tough to follow.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:24 PM #4
I need a username
Shark Bait - Rawrrz

They totally needed backup and we could hear the MC through the stream and i agree it was bad
Old 04-01-2012, 07:31 PM #5
Funkagenda

everyone around me was getting disgruntled by the event MC/announcer

im 1/16th japanese and the stereotypical asian voices he was making while promoting Sapporo beer offended me.

he wouldnt stop talking. i know his job was to talk on the mic, but he was just spilling out rubbish the entire time and there wasnt a thing he said that i enjoyed.

get todd back. or ashton kutcher.
Funkagenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:43 PM #6
kyle53pntball
I'm more legit than you?

kyle53pntball plays in the PSP
kyle53pntball helped look for balloons
kyle53pntball plays in the APPA D4 division
I agree with the live MC. He talked so loud and said the dumbest ****.

I wasn't offended by the sexual remarks, but I understand and know that some people were.

In all, he was dumb and they need a new one.

kyle53pntball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:00 PM #7
jonboy01 (Banned)

I wasn't offended by any of it personally, but I'm looking out for those in which it would affend
Old 04-01-2012, 08:08 PM #8
I need a username
Shark Bait - Rawrrz

The live streams were immitating canadiens and australians among other, imitating accents and stereotypical phrases those people use. As for the live mc I mean surf city is one of the most public events, being on the beach where walkups can hear everything your saying so why say stupid **** that can offend people
Old 04-01-2012, 08:09 PM #9
kyle53pntball
I'm more legit than you?

kyle53pntball plays in the PSP
kyle53pntball helped look for balloons
kyle53pntball plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy01
I wasn't offended by any of it personally, but I'm looking out for those in which it would affend
Yeah I'm the same way.

Were you there live to hear the idiot? lol

kyle53pntball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:12 PM #10
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
it was extremely immature for what they were doing. they really need to get their whole webcast reorganized for next event. not have it be down all day, mics always work, dont have the same angle on the carwash the WHOLE stream while everything is happening on the dorrito side. they need the PSP crew to do it.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:27 PM #11
Infinity Kid
Lonely Island

Infinity Kid has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Infinity Kid supports DLX Technology
Infinity Kid supports DLX Technology
Infinity Kid supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
it was extremely immature for what they were doing. they really need to get their whole webcast reorganized for next event. not have it be down all day, mics always work, dont have the same angle on the carwash the WHOLE stream while everything is happening on the dorrito side. they need the PSP crew to do it.
Infinity Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:30 PM #12
SPECTRE-Striker
Brendan Lane

SPECTRE-Striker is playing at Living Legends VII
SPECTRE-Striker owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SPECTRE-Striker supports Sherwood Forest
SPECTRE-Striker plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
PSP was 10x better!
It is
SPECTRE-Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:38 PM #13
jonboy01 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle53pntball View Post
Yeah I'm the same way.

Were you there live to hear the idiot? lol
Yes lol
Old 04-01-2012, 08:38 PM #14
I need a username
Shark Bait - Rawrrz

Im so spoiled from listening to my man mr. marshall commentating that I wasnt sure if the stream was that bad or if im just used to the best but im pretty sure it was pretty bad
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM #15
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a username View Post
Im so spoiled from listening to my man mr. marshall commentating that I wasnt sure if the stream was that bad or if im just used to the best but im pretty sure it was pretty bad
didnt marshall stop broadcasting with nppl? but the guy who called the 50 wedges the wings non stop was starting to bug me
Old 04-01-2012, 08:51 PM #16
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

bigfootguy2002 is a Supporting Member
bigfootguy2002 plays in the PSP
bigfootguy2002 plays in the MiLP
bigfootguy2002 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy01 View Post
I don't know if they were the same commentators as the ones at the event, but whoever was the MC at the event should never be able to MC at an NPPL event again. The sexual comments about the Saporro and Hooter girls were completely unnecessary as there were kids all around the event. I love me some Hooters girls, but when a parent gets drug out there to see something their kid is so enthusiastic about and all they hear is trashy talk about women and sexual references, the parent probably won't want their kid anywhere near our sport. That was literally the only complaint about the event, it was completely terrible.
I'm confident that the announcers you heard online were the same ones we heard live. They were ignorant and unacceptable, to go as far as to single out a female attendee and basically say "I'd hit it" in front of everyone, among other outrages. NPPL, please look into finding a different crew of announcers...
-HKBigWill

(205) 837-4177
bigfootguy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:05 PM #17
Brules
MFCEO

Brules is Boss
The guys doing the finals were muuuuch better than anyone else all weekend.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:15 PM #18
xxinvision

xxinvision plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
xxinvision plays in the APPA D4 division
The announcer that was doing the live commentary was ****ing annoying. Everything everyone has said so far is true and it got quite ridiculous.
If I hear one more thing about Sapparo I'm going to shoot my face off with a shotgun.
The Comeback Kids
xxinvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:16 PM #19
First There89
Triple OG

First There89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
First There89 is for the Gunfight
First There89 posts videos on PbNation
First There89 plays in the APPA D5 division
First There89 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I was not at the event nor did I watch the webcast because everytime I did try to watch it was ****ed up somehow so I gave up.....but all you guys saying that the MC's were stereotyping and using other voices to copy other people I think that isnt that bad. I mean comeon people mock and make fun of each other all the time.....and ive heard it on PSP's webcast where they try to impersonate an aussie and such. I think SOME people need to just gain a little thicker skin depending on what was said and how vulgar it was..................again I WAS NOT AT THE EVENT OR HEAR THE COMMENTS SO IF THEY WERE REALLY THAT BAD THEN ILL TAKE YOUR WORD AND DISREGARD MY POST....but about singling out the girl I do think that if its suppose to be a family event they are loosing business now....but then again think about how they have the bikini pageant type thing at chicago. EVERYONE likes to see hot girls and some people who are more confident will actually say it but on a mic? not recommended unless your a DJ at a strip club.

JT PROFLEX( WHITE BOTTOMS, SCARFACE THEMED) AND SLY PROFITS RETINA LIMITED EDITION https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3783456

MISC ITEMS FOR SALE https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post74742100

AIR SYSTEM FOR SALE: https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3781972
First There89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:22 PM #20
I need a username
Shark Bait - Rawrrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by First There89 View Post
I was not at the event nor did I watch the webcast because everytime I did try to watch it was ****ed up somehow so I gave up.....but all you guys saying that the MC's were stereotyping and using other voices to copy other people I think that isnt that bad. I mean comeon people mock and make fun of each other all the time.....and ive heard it on PSP's webcast where they try to impersonate an aussie and such. I think SOME people need to just gain a little thicker skin depending on what was said and how vulgar it was..................again I WAS NOT AT THE EVENT OR HEAR THE COMMENTS SO IF THEY WERE REALLY THAT BAD THEN ILL TAKE YOUR WORD AND DISREGARD MY POST....but about singling out the girl I do think that if its suppose to be a family event they are loosing business now....but then again think about how they have the bikini pageant type thing at chicago. EVERYONE likes to see hot girls and some people who are more confident will actually say it but on a mic? not recommended unless your a DJ at a strip club.
I agree with what your saying, but as someone hoping for paintball to grow as a sport and reach a new level having commentators stereotype and make unnacceptable comments is bad. None of the comments were TOO rude or TOO offensive but why does it have to be rude or offensive at all?
Old 04-01-2012, 11:06 PM #21
RhinoGBA5
RUFIO

RhinoGBA5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RhinoGBA5 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy01 View Post

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing, I saw so many little kids at the event. The announcers went on for about 20 minutes about girls in bikinis and staring at this girls boobs the whole time. To me that doesn't really help grow the sport to the younger generation.

" Is it wrong to be strong?......... You be the judge"
RhinoGBA5 is offline   Reply With Quote