Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-04-2015, 04:16 PM #1
robinhood1143

Perspective Business Owners and PE

I read in another thread where someone wanted to start a field that some people suggested that they attend Paintball Extravaganza. But, I'm wondering if you have to be a Paintball Business BEFORE being able to attend.

Are there New/Perspective Business Owner sessions to help (or scare) people with starting a paintball business?

Just curious, I'm not in any position to start one. Was wondering how PE might handle this.
Montneel Icon Z-1 (SNs: 1044, 3159, 10801)
robinhood1143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2015, 08:58 PM #2
GatSplat

has been a member for 10 years
So one is - if you don't have a field, how did you get into the field owners only section on this forum? And secondly if someone can show they are pretty legit, they should be able to get in. Like, haven't ordered yet, but set up dealerships with vendors, have tax id number, business license, llc filings, lease for property.. etc.. Just enough paper to show that you are actually trying to start, and not just a kid that wants to walk around and try to get dealer costs on items.

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 03:42 PM #3
woda

woda owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Larry - this forum is not locked in any way shape or form. So while it is titled 'Field/Store owners' anyone can browse and post.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:49 PM #4
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by woda View Post
Larry - this forum is not locked in any way shape or form. So while it is titled 'Field/Store owners' anyone can browse and post.
Oh yea! I was getting in confused with the other one... I was asking the folks from PE the same question as Robin Hood was, and so that's what I passed on there... Hopefully, we can get some real serious future owners in that can take advantage of the information that is there that I wish I would have had before I opened my doors.!

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:20 PM #5
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
7paintball supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSplat View Post
Oh yea! I was getting in confused with the other one... I was asking the folks from PE the same question as Robin Hood was, and so that's what I passed on there... Hopefully, we can get some real serious future owners in that can take advantage of the information that is there that I wish I would have had before I opened my doors.!
That info would have been amazing!
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:35 AM #6
lefty007

Annual Supporting Member
lefty007 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
If you are not sure, send a message or email or call Rick www.pb-events.com.
He's the one that can answer the question.
Canada
lefty007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:02 AM #7
woda

woda owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
If you have these: have tax id number, business license, llc filings. You should be able to register for the event. My business partner and I attended in 2010 before we even had a location picked out for the field, but had the above documents.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:17 PM #8
rchard
Paintball Extravaganza

rchard donated to help Peyton Trent
rchard supports Pev's Paintball
Opening a Store or Field

Read Larry's response. This is absolutely correct. We have a few people attend the event each year that either have or in the process of opening a paintball store or field. Do they have a paintball business? No. Are they a potential customer? Probably a lot more than some of the people that store and field owners bring in under the term employee. We as for documents that help substaniate that it is a serious indertaking. Zoning Permits, Property purchase, Building permits, coomunication with attorney, setting up industry accounts. We look at many things before approving the attendance. What better customer for one of the distributors than someone looking for product to hang on wall, looking for a paintball supplier, looking to buy rental equipment etc.

A lot better than Joe the Field Owner bringing one of his friends, calling him an employee, having the person take a tech class and then push the product on Ebay and on top of that get exposed to wholesale product pricing! And that helps the industry how??

We can use due diligence in checking new or start up businesses and checking out if a business is a bonifide business through many ways - but to substantiate an employee we have to trust the business owner.

That is the response from Paintball Extravaganza!

On a positive note: Due to some of the industry changes over the last year we have seen a reduction in actual exhibit space for the 2015 but are seeing the same number of actual exhbitors at the show. If business registrations keep pace with previous years we are also looking at an increase of business registrations for the event. Currently: Exhibitors from 10 Countries and Businesses from over 20 Countries.

Not too late to get your business registered. The paintball industrys "can't miss event of the year"!

rchard is offline   Reply With Quote