Community Focus

Old 12-22-2008, 07:21 PM #64
calvman
Clickety screeeee

calvman is a Moderator
calvman is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
calvman is playing at Living Legends VII
Hey guys. I don't know how long I can last posting in my basement. Anyone else notice it's freaking cold outside?

The wife and I are getting a treadmill this Xmas. Time to lose some of this extra weight. Anyone have any suggestions? So far I've been looking at the Sole F80.

"Always buy the biggest bottle."

ASM|macroline guy|BPP|DAB Photo|Inception|Powered by EXALT
calvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2008, 07:52 PM #65
jjdustr340
My son will bunker you.

jjdustr340 is a Moderator
jjdustr340 is a Supporting Member
jjdustr340 posts videos on PbNation
jjdustr340 supports our troops
jjdustr340 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by vs3 guy View Post
Lol. Anything I can do to my Wrath trigger to make it more walkable besides the magnet?
Grind the top of the trigger down to make sure it's not rubbing on the LP hose or eye wires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvman View Post
Hey guys. I don't know how long I can last posting in my basement. Anyone else notice it's freaking cold outside?

The wife and I are getting a treadmill this Xmas. Time to lose some of this extra weight. Anyone have any suggestions? So far I've been looking at the Sole F80.
Blah....running. I vowed to never run again once I sat down and figured out that I ran over 5000 miles while I was in the Army.
jjdustr340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:56 PM #66
calvman
Clickety screeeee

calvman is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdustr340 View Post
Blah....running. I vowed to never run again once I sat down and figured out that I ran over 5000 miles while I was in the Army.
I need to do something! Dieting isn't going to drop me any weight.

BTW, that's a really, really long run.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:05 PM #67
jjdustr340
My son will bunker you.

jjdustr340 is Legendary
Quote:

BTW, that's a really, really long run.
Haha...a long run indeed.

You don't dring pop or other sugary drinks do you? You'd be amazed at how many people, including myself, have lost weight by simply switching to Crystal Light.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:10 PM #68
calvman
Clickety screeeee

calvman is a Moderator
Quote:
Haha...a long run indeed.

You don't dring pop or other sugary drinks do you? You'd be amazed at how many people, including myself, have lost weight by simply switching to Crystal Light.
I did that a while ago. Lately, I've been slipping. I need to get strict about it again. I drink one sugary drink in about 2 days. It's the cookies and other goodies around during the holidays that's really killing me.

There's a regional chocolate place that sells something called sponge candy. It's like a crunchy Three Musketeers bar. We always get some during Xmas...for the guests.

It would be good for me to get some exercise, still. I hate going outside in the cold weather. So if I'm not exercising indoors, I'm not exercising at all during the winter.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:13 PM #69
Liquid_pjear
Playing naked!

It all depends on how much you are want to spend and how much you will be using it. The bowflex treadmill was highly reviewed last I looked and it should be similarly priced to the Sole. If you want to spend more and plan to really spend a lot of time on it then Landice and SportsArt make pretty nice machines. The Sole is a pretty good unit from what I hear though. Just dont be like my mother and buy a damn mail order treadmill, what a POS.

So you wanna have a little competition to see who can lose the most weight by the end of march? I love a little friendly competition it really get me going lol.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:14 PM #70
Liquid_pjear
Playing naked!

Quote:
Lift weights!
Old 12-22-2008, 08:17 PM #71
jjdustr340
My son will bunker you.

jjdustr340 is Legendary
I'm always hoping to gain weight myself. No matter how much size I put on from working out, it's never enough.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:21 PM #72
Liquid_pjear
Playing naked!

Quote:
I'm always hoping to gain weight myself. No matter how much size I put on from working out, it's never enough.
I have a friend who cant put on weight to save his life. He lifted with me for a couple of months and just got skinnier lol, though more defined. I try to tell him to eat constantly but he just cant seem to take in enough calories.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:26 PM #73
calvman
Clickety screeeee

calvman is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_pjear View Post
It all depends on how much you are want to spend and how much you will be using it. The bowflex treadmill was highly reviewed last I looked and it should be similarly priced to the Sole. If you want to spend more and plan to really spend a lot of time on it then Landice and SportsArt make pretty nice machines. The Sole is a pretty good unit from what I hear though. Just dont be like my mother and buy a damn mail order treadmill, what a POS.
I've read that anything under $1k and you're buying something that's going to break on you if you plan on actually using it. There were a couple of nice ones for around 1500. Sole, Smooth, and Precore were all positively reviewed. The Nordictrac was also liked with the only exception that the warranty was a bit light in comparison. Still, it was worth considering as it was cheaper than the others. All in all, I don't expect my wife and I to be dissatisfied with any of them. It's not like we're Olympic athletes or super picky. We just want something to do during the winter when it's dark and crappy out, especially after the boy is in bed.

Quote:

So you wanna have a little competition to see who can lose the most weight by the end of march? I love a little friendly competition it really get me going lol.
Hehe. I have a feeling that you'd blow me away in this competition.

Quote:
Lift weights!
I have a few dumbbells. A couple of 20s and various single other weights. I should do more push ups and what not except my elbows make this really nasty cracking/popping sound when I do push ups.

Quote:
You can have some of mine. I've got plenty to spare.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:26 PM #74
calvman
Clickety screeeee

calvman is a Moderator
Quote:
I have a friend who cant put on weight to save his life. He lifted with me for a couple of months and just got skinnier lol, though more defined. I try to tell him to eat constantly but he just cant seem to take in enough calories.
Tell him not to sweat it. He'll out live us all.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:38 PM #75
Liquid_pjear
Playing naked!

Quote:
Tell him not to sweat it. He'll out live us all.
Nah he smokes like a chimney and drinks like a fish, i always quip that his cells are so busy trying to clean out the alcohol and nicotine that he burns ten times the calories that a normal person does.

You are right anything around that range should do just fine for normal use.

You can do a lot of exercises with 20lb dumbells. You might also look into a heavy bag, you can get a nice one for about $100 and if you can get into it its a lot of fun. I like to go out in my garage and put on some angsty music and kick the **** out of mine. Its like exercise but a lot more fun.

I hope I would win, I have been making all these lifestyle changes for the last few months. I hope that they will make some difference. I wanna get in notcieably better shape by spring break because we are riding 5 hours to spring break and iron-*** rides hurt less if you have less ***, or at least less resting on your *** lol.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:39 PM #76
jjdustr340
My son will bunker you.

jjdustr340 is Legendary
My problem is, I just can't seem to break that 200 lb mark. I try and try, but I can't hit it.
Closest I've been is 192.

Now keep in mind, I'm only 5'8" with a 32-34 inch waist.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:50 PM #77
Liquid_pjear
Playing naked!

Quote:
My problem is, I just can't seem to break that 200 lb mark. I try and try, but I can't hit it.

What method do you use to try and bulk up? Do you bulk and cut? 5'8" and 200 is a hard mark to hit and be healthy. I had a buddy who did it, he had a 52" chest and a 32" waist if memory serves. He always had problems with definition in certain areas though. He couldn't seem to cut down to the point he had decent abs.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:32 PM #78
calvman
Clickety screeeee

calvman is a Moderator
Quote:
Nah he smokes like a chimney and drinks like a fish, i always quip that his cells are so busy trying to clean out the alcohol and nicotine that he burns ten times the calories that a normal person does.

You are right anything around that range should do just fine for normal use.

You can do a lot of exercises with 20lb dumbells. You might also look into a heavy bag, you can get a nice one for about $100 and if you can get into it its a lot of fun. I like to go out in my garage and put on some angsty music and kick the <del>****</del> out of mine. Its like exercise but a lot more fun.

I hope I would win, I have been making all these lifestyle changes for the last few months. I hope that they will make some difference. I wanna get in notcieably better shape by spring break because we are riding 5 hours to spring break and iron-<del>***</del> rides hurt less if you have less <del>***</del>, or at least less resting on your <del>***</del> lol.
Now that you mention it, we do have a heavy bag that's sitting in the basement doing nothing. The trouble is that the only real place I could set it up is in the garage, and it's colder than my fridge in there.

Quote:

Damn. I'd be plenty pleased with that.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:38 PM #79
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

AirSin2000 supports Team VICIOUS
AirSin2000 posts videos on PbNation
AirSin2000 supports Empire
Quote:
Im the same way. I've weighed pretty much the same weight for the last 5-6 years now. If you really want to build muscle, try out swim and water polo.
AirSin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:27 PM #80
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

I have a lot of trouble gaining weight. I'm lifting and eating like crazy to try and get it up, but from how much I play basketball and just be active it cancels out. I'm about 5'10" 135lbs. Haha I'm just a skinny little guy.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

XBL GT: KimJung Is BOSS
paintball_KIA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:32 PM #81
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_KIA4 View Post
I have a lot of trouble gaining weight. I'm lifting and eating like crazy to try and get it up, but from how much I play basketball and just be active it cancels out. I'm about 5'10" 135lbs. Haha I'm just a skinny little guy.
I'm seriously like the same height and weight.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:43 PM #82
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Haha nice. Then you feel my pain of not being able to gain much? I actually used to be about 170 but it was fat. And that was freshman and half of last year when I was about 5'6 to 5'8. I thinned out and got taller, now just can't gain it back in muscle.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

Old 12-22-2008, 11:45 PM #83
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

I know your pain alright.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:04 AM #84
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Luckily, your not still in school and have to deal with sports. Sucks being that short on a bball court.