Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 PM #1
-BassGod-

ANS sniper pump quality?

looking to get a sniper pump don't care about the price and want to get it with a cool anno because the regular grey is boring. I just want to know:

•what's the quality of the custom anno I'm not sure who does it or how durable it is. that's what I'd like to know thanks.
-BassGod- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2013, 11:08 PM #2
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is playing at Living Legends VII
incognito-z owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
incognito-z is for the Gunfight
incognito-z posts videos on PbNation
incognito-z supports Pev's Paintball
incognito-z is Legendary
incognito-z supports DLX Technology
Not sure about those specific guns, but I've heard bad things about ANS anno.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:02 AM #3
-BassGod-

like what?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:36 AM #4
private_silver
Fire and Forget.

private_silver is an NCPA player
private_silver plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by -BassGod- View Post
like what?
Would also like to know, as they send them out to be done, its not done by them.
Crossfire 68/45 w/ Stealth
private_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:08 PM #5
-BassGod-

well I don't really care who does the anno I just want to know if it's good quality or not I don't sell guns often so I like my annos to last awhile
Old 02-02-2013, 06:04 PM #6
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is playing at Living Legends VII
incognito-z owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
incognito-z is for the Gunfight
incognito-z posts videos on PbNation
incognito-z supports Pev's Paintball
incognito-z is Legendary
incognito-z supports DLX Technology
I've heard of custom annoed Luxes (through ANS) leaking and such (the anno wasn't done properly + caused the gun to leak) where they refused to refund the money. There's a thread somewhere around here....
Old 02-02-2013, 06:34 PM #7
soccerstud_2009
I LIKE TURTLES

soccerstud_2009 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerstud_2009 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
soccerstud_2009 plays in the APPA D4 division
I had an etek 3 and an axe that were ans anno jobs and they were top notch and flawless.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:07 PM #8
dtpbmasta
F.A.T.E

dtpbmasta owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
dtpbmasta owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
dtpbmasta owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
dtpbmasta plays in the APPA beginner division
When it comes to ans buying exclusive is roulette I bought a gog envy lime and it leaked bad and they didnt want to help. So did I learn no cause I bought a DP G4 and the horror story I can tell you on that lol so ita a try if you dare.

Tippmann A-5 Digi Camo, Hammerhead Barrel Kit, Python Feedneck.
dtpbmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 PM #9
-BassGod-

well all I really want is a cool colored sniper pump and the only place that has them is ans. there's very few nice looking ones on pb but there just the regular grey which I'm so so about.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:30 PM #10
PALMER77

PALMER77 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PALMER77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PALMER77 plays in the APPA beginner division
PALMER77 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
got mine at paitball gateway also has custom snipers, love mine
PALMER77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:52 PM #11
-BassGod-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALMER77 View Post
got mine at paitball gateway also has custom snipers, love mine
I just looked them up and I like what I see especially the gold sniper pump. does it have a good quality anno?
Old 02-03-2013, 02:54 AM #12
PatrickWRX
Ipswich Unwanted

PatrickWRX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PatrickWRX has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I got an Axe Pro from ANS about a year ago with their anno job. Absolutely terrible - The redline did not match the body, despite their specific claim that it would. The color was inconsistent/splotchy. And it was reassembled poorly. Would not recommend.
PatrickWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:58 AM #13
tekniqu3
I sling paint.

tekniqu3 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tekniqu3 plays in the APPA D5 division
tekniqu3 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
tekniqu3 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Do not compare ans snipers with pbgateways custom. There custom snipers blow any stock sniper out of the water. Custom spring job pump stoke smooth as butter.
tekniqu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:00 PM #14
minimag03

has been a member for 10 years
minimag03 is an NCPA player
If price isn't a problem you should buy a CCM marker instead of the Sniper. They can give ya a cool ano as well. The CCM pumps are top quality that Empire cannot match on a mass produced scale. Plus they have been building and tweaking the sniper design for years. Some would argue that they perfected it.

Last edited by minimag03 : 02-04-2013 at 03:04 PM.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 AM #15
soccerstud_2009
I LIKE TURTLES

soccerstud_2009 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerstud_2009 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
soccerstud_2009 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03
If price isn't a problem you should buy a CCM marker instead of the Sniper. They can give ya a cool ano as well. The CCM pumps are top quality that Empire cannot match on a mass produced scale. Plus they have been building and tweaking the sniper design for years. Some would argue that they perfected it.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:40 AM #16
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
If that's the case. One of my players has a CCM 6.5 Living Legends IV very limited edition that he wants to trade straight up for a Empire Sniper.

On the anno note. I have a couple of Axes custom colors from ANS that I am trying to get right for customers because the tolerances are now off.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:34 AM #17
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by -BassGod- View Post
looking to get a sniper pump don't care about the price and want to get it with a cool anno because the regular grey is boring. I just want to know:

•what's the quality of the custom anno I'm not sure who does it or how durable it is. that's what I'd like to know thanks.
Do Not, I repeat DO NOT buy custom anno'd guns from ANS Gear. I have seen 2 Axe's come into our shop where the part that valve release button was deformed and would no longer hold the spring mechanism and one where the manifold was damaged and would no longer seal. ANS already has on their site that you have to go to the manufacturer for anything warranty related and custom anno's usually void any and all warranties out there.

I would go to the paintball gateway site and talk to them first about their policy on custom anno'd guns before you buy it. Paintball Gateway has been around a lot longer then ANS Gear and have a better rep for customer service by far.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 AM #18
SKI008

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss33 View Post
If that's the case. One of my players has a CCM 6.5 Living Legends IV very limited edition that he wants to trade straight up for a Empire Sniper.
Your friend is an absolute idiot or he can't set his gun up right. Snipers are nice guns, especially for a first pump but a properly set up CCM blows them out of the water.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 AM #19
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss33 View Post
That's very odd considering the Sniper's performance is laughable compared to CCM markers, at least in stock configuration. Snipers have MUCH heavier hammer springs than any pump CCM has ever produced, which leads to heavier pump stroke and slower auto-trigger. Their hammer is an inferior design compared to CCMs. It's a little too light and isn't long enough for a half-blocked gun. Empire also added orings to their bolt, which increases drag and is hard on detents. CCM offers such tight tolerances that the lack of orings don't cause any blow back and their pump stroke is buttery smooth. And to top it all off, Empire couldn't even make the pump guide out of stainless steel. Those guides will be showing aluminum in a few years, further compromising the pump stroke.

Empire did a good job at putting a gun together that people would be attracted to. It's a decent deal with the barrel kit as well. However, it's still no CCM. Empire does offer a great warranty, but CCM is also known as a leader in customer service. You friend must have odd tastes because I'd bet that 90% of people would take the S6.5 over the Sniper. I'd be interested in buying him a Sniper if he still wants to trade the S6.5 for one.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:57 AM #20
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
Your friend is an absolute idiot or he can't set his gun up right. Snipers are nice guns, especially for a first pump but a properly set up CCM blows them out of the water.
Or, it could be that we are a Empire Team? And with tweaking and proper setup the Empire can be almost as sweet as the CCM. The Empire barrel kit is much better then the 6.5 but other then that yes the CCM is fantastic. Empire did a great job coming out with a high end pump for a very good price point. CCM is fantastic and you get what you pay for.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 PM #21
-BassGod-

where can I find ccm markers online?