Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 08:32 PM #1492
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
****ty would they at least get their money back?

Our registry was a crock. It didn't prevent any crime, cost a **** ton of money and in the wrong hands it's a shopping list. Don't get me wrong, I agree with licensing, I agree with some restrictions within reason but they will more than likely go too far.

Please, don't let them turn your country into Canada, or worse. I detest our gun laws and I know you guys are way more passionate about it than I am. Stand up and defend your right to bear arms before it's too late.

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2012, 08:58 PM #1493
l-Poder-l
-_-

l-Poder-l donated to help Peyton Trent
l-Poder-l helped look for balloons
l-Poder-l is playing at Living Legends III
l-Poder-l is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFreak875 View Post
****ty would they at least get their money back?

Our registry was a crock. It didn't prevent any crime, cost a **** ton of money and in the wrong hands it's a shopping list. Don't get me wrong, I agree with licensing, I agree with some restrictions within reason but they will more than likely go too far.

Please, don't let them turn your country into Canada, or worse. I detest our gun laws and I know you guys are way more passionate about it than I am. Stand up and defend your right to bear arms before it's too late.
If the gun shop gets their money back the customer should. But that's going to be a store by store basis.

The finestien bill will not pass in its current form, but I can see them banning 30 round mags, and "evil features". I've written my congressmen Almost every day, I have no idea if it does anything, but they know if they vote yes on any bill that restricts the rights of gun owners they will not revive my vote next election cycle.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 AM #1494
Rockmastermike

Quote:
Originally Posted by l-Poder-l View Post
If the gun shop gets their money back the customer should. But that's going to be a store by store basis.

The finestien bill will not pass in its current form, but I can see them banning 30 round mags, and "evil features". I've written my congressmen Almost every day, I have no idea if it does anything, but they know if they vote yes on any bill that restricts the rights of gun owners they will not revive my vote next election cycle.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:44 AM #1495
Disarmer
Gig 'em

Disarmer helped look for balloons
Disarmer is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Disarmer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Disarmer is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by heysueskreesto2 View Post
Lolbanned til 1/1 for a racist comment. Typical.
That's pretty hilarious considering how hard I tried to get banned in here a while back for racism
Old 12-30-2012, 08:19 AM #1496
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

Quote:

If you're fast on the reload, you can carry 3 10 round mags and do the same damage. 30 shots is 30 shots, that 2 second reload won't make a difference. What needs to happen more than anything is better screening of potential owners to prevent the psychos from legally obtaining guns. Aside from that, there are already sufficient regulations in place. Maybe limiting the amount of ammo you can purchase at any one time, but that's debatable.

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Old 12-30-2012, 10:50 AM #1497
Rockmastermike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disarmer View Post
That's pretty hilarious considering how hard I tried to get banned in here a while back for racism
I was in ST.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:50 PM #1498
Disarmer
Gig 'em

Disarmer helped look for balloons
Disarmer is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Disarmer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Disarmer is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ah yeah, that'll do it. I just wanted to prove that nobody monitored this thread anymore outside of the occasional Kolder visit. I was correct.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:04 PM #1499
Rockmastermike

Kolder doesn't even come here anymore. Spug may post once in each OT, but that's it.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:31 PM #1500
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

This forum needs new modzis

Old 12-30-2012, 03:33 PM #1501
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:

If you're fast on the reload, you can carry 3 10 round mags and do the same damage. 30 shots is 30 shots, that 2 second reload won't make a difference. What needs to happen more than anything is better screening of potential owners to prevent the psychos from legally obtaining guns. Aside from that, there are already sufficient regulations in place. Maybe limiting the amount of ammo you can purchase at any one time, but that's debatable.

The only thing is we need to make it so anyone can do a NICS check, not just dealers (as far as guns go). We should be making it easier to either get help, or make others get help. Currently we don't help people that are insane until they have committed a crime, and typically it's only bad ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmastermike View Post
Kolder doesn't even come here anymore. Spug may post once in each OT, but that's it.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:35 PM #1502
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

Quote:
The only thing is we need to make it so anyone can do a NICS check, not just dealers (as far as guns go). We should be making it easier to either get help, or make others get help. Currently we don't help people that are insane until they have committed a crime, and typically it's only bad ones.
I agree, but people need to want help for themselves and want to help others. That is the true hurdle here. Many people either don't know they need help, or if they do they don't want it. On the other side, people don't care about others as much as they should. Even with all those programs in place, people may not have the desire to use them.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:53 PM #1503
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:

I agree, but people need to want help for themselves and want to help others. That is the true hurdle here. Many people either don't know they need help, or if they do they don't want it. On the other side, people don't care about others as much as they should. Even with all those programs in place, people may not have the desire to use them.
No. Like, unless a person voluntarily places themselves in an institution there is no way to get a person help unless they commit a crime. And even then they have to be found guilty on grounds of insanity I believe.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:23 PM #1504
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

Here we can have people committed. I don't know exactly what the circumstances have to be for that to happen but it's possible

Old 12-30-2012, 08:03 PM #1505
Rockmastermike

Our system is ****ed up, and it has been for a long time.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 PM #1506
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:
Here we can have people committed. I don't know exactly what the circumstances have to be for that to happen but it's possible

There is like 2 things Canadia does better than the US. You should gloat while you can.

Quote:
Our system is ****ed up, and it has been for a long time.
Yup.

Also, my mother is a crafting supply hoarder.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM #1507
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

Healthcare is one, what's the other?

I guess that isn't the strangest thing to hoard, at least it has a use. You ever watch those shows about hoarders? ****'s ****ed

Old 12-30-2012, 09:41 PM #1508
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:
Healthcare is one, what's the other?

I guess that isn't the strangest thing to hoard, at least it has a use. You ever watch those shows about hoarders? ****'s ****ed
Well, I don't know if the entire thing is better, but specifically being able to get the mental health they need is better.

Igloos.

(y'all handle drugs much better than we do)
Old 12-31-2012, 12:29 AM #1509
ProtoxxPaintball
USAF

has been a member for 10 years
ProtoxxPaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
ProtoxxPaintball supports our troops
ProtoxxPaintball is an NCPA player
ProtoxxPaintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
I would argue against you health care system being better, I do agree we need affordable health care, but the direction we're headed isn't what we need, it is what we have been offered with no other options.

There is a reason my mom (nurse) operates on so many Canadians who come here and pay cash to have operations done because they can't get them done in a timely fashion in Canada.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:38 AM #1510
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoxxPaintball View Post
I would argue against you health care system being better, I do agree we need affordable health care, but the direction we're headed isn't what we need, it is what we have been offered with no other options.

There is a reason my mom (nurse) operates on so many Canadians who come here and pay cash to have operations done because they can't get them done in a timely fashion in Canada.
Jesus, they go all the way to Florida to get stuff done? I figured they would go to mostly border states.

*edit*

"hurrrr durrr I'm a contractor and assault weapons only have one purpose"

"no **** you a pool noodle can be an assault weapon as long as its used in an assault. And if that purpose is launching a projectile at a target intended by the shooter than yes it does have one purpose."

Last edited by l-Poder-l : 12-31-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:09 AM #1511
Rockmastermike

Where did that come from?
Old 12-31-2012, 02:24 AM #1512
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:
Where did that come from?
A thread on an f150 forum. I composed myself a bit better than that though.