PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-03-2001, 11:35 PM #1
Sniper2004

has been a member for 10 years
Help Quick

my f5 died on me the first day at the field didn't even get to fire it..and here is the thing, i turned it on, put in fresh batterys the right way..then i pulled the trigger NO I REPEAT NO clicking sound from the MAC valve, the red light on the eye was on though, so i put air on same result please someone help me!!

Sniper out
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2001, 12:28 AM #2
AppleFritter
o-r-i-g-i-n-a-l

AppleFritter is a founding member
Did you have paint in it? If you had no paint, the eye won't read anything..or mabey your bolt is the wrong color. Anyhow, get back to us..

later
Alex

Ps. get on aim and I can help you, I tried iming you earlier, no repsonse though

Wir kommen für die Frauen und die Kinder.

Heavy Metal Since '86
Old 07-04-2001, 10:00 AM #3
Sniper2004

yeah...

yeah i tried putting paint it and it's a white derenelin bolt...the thing is before i aired it up and put paint into it at my house i could turn it on and hear a clickin when i pulled the trigger from the mac valve sorry bout before i was away

Sniper out
Old 07-05-2001, 01:48 AM #4
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Bob Gurnsey
dager supports Sherwood Forest
tun the gun on and look at the light on the eye.. now flip the swtich off.. if the light dies immedialy the battery is dead or ery low (even if its fresh out of the package it might be dead) of it stays on for a little bit then dies out the battery is good and you need to call sandridge.

did you try disconnecting the eye? there could be a fault causing it to fail.

-duff

Team ESP
Old 07-05-2001, 05:40 AM #5
Sniper2004

thanks

thanks duff, but i just decided i am going to send it to sanrdige b/c the guy i bought it from is payin for parts hehe but thanks for your help

sniper out
Old 07-05-2001, 02:02 PM #6
flaw101
502nd S.O.G.

flaw101 is a Supporting Member
flaw101 is a founding member
I bet what your problem is something very simple. Whenever someone has a problem with these guns, they start freaking out.

Ok. You said that when you had the gun at the house, you could hear the trigger activating the microswitch, which is what activates the Mac Valves.

What I am thinking happened is that your set screws in your gripframe worked themself in. When this happens, it sets your trigger TO short and it doesnt allow the microswitch to be activated properly.

Carefully take off your gripframe making sure you don't yank any wires out. Adjust the 2nd set screw(the one where the spring would go) out and see if that helps.

If it indeed was a moving set screw, take both screws out and loctite them in place. That way you won't have this problem again.

I had the exact same problem as you when I first got my F5. I did the rookie mistake of freaking out. This is one of those guns where you just need to calmly sit down and think about what it is doing. Most of the problems are very easy to fix.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-05-2001, 07:31 PM #7
happyrabbit

Correct. Either the Trigger Switch is not functioning or the board is dead. The Drivers for the Selnoids is ESD,Over Temp, Reverse Bat, and Over Current. S0, I doubt its the board, except if your friend ran across the carpeting then grab the F5 board. Possible but unlikely.

Happy Rabbit