PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-23-2008, 07:11 PM #22
russianlegion3

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure poison View Post
OMG JUST HOLD THE GUN WITH TWO HANDS THE RIGHT WAY and if you hate kick that much go get yourself a bi pod. and one things about paintball gun is once you start kicking it only goes up like 1/2 an inch then it just stays there.
Getting a bit angsty, aren't ya?

But why would we need a tool to measure the precise amount of kick in a marker? It would be too difficult to make an equation to find the amount of kick, or create a machine that would find it.

The variables are too great, but in theory it is possible to determine kick under correct circumstances.

Although I do hear kids on hear saying grow a pair and shoot a real gun, probably haven't played a match of airball.

The targets you are firing at are tiny, so even the slightest degree of incline could mess you up, and firing at a higher rof will increase the force of the barrel rise.

The way to have less kick, is to make lighter internal parts, work at a lower pressure, but have the marker, and hopper to weigh much more.

Higher weight = less kick.

A bipod will not decrease barrel rise, unless it is staked into the ground, or weighs the marker down.
russianlegion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2008, 10:59 AM #23
newagepirate
Digital Frontier

has been a member for 10 years
newagepirate plays in the PSP
newagepirate plays in the APPA D4 division
^ Very true

I think a machine like this would be cool to (even though it would take a lot to make it), because I could measure the change in the amount of kick before and after tunning my gun, getting a new bolt/kick reducing kit, tank, ect... Also, with a machine like this, companies could actualy say (with factual evidence) our gun kicks less than that other gun or something like that instead of little kids saying "this thing shoots like a cannon"

Grillz and Dyecam I4s
newagepirate is offline   Reply With Quote