Muammar Gaddafi 0 0%
Mao Zedong 3 5.08%
Robert Mugabe 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2013, 03:33 PM #43
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
More like you're assuming there's only one means. There are plenty of examples to the contrary, they just don't fit your narrative.

Okay, but why is it always tyranny we're stopping?

Wut? You asked how Obama compares to the list. I've stated he doesn't even begin to compare by orders of magnitude. As for making a list, it means I'd be devolving into your charade and taking this premise as legitimate, which I don't. You're being ridiculous and it's not even fun.

Why is FDR on your list?
I don't think he knows why he agrees with my inclusion of FDR.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2013, 03:36 PM #44
Space Pope

Quote:
Why is one purpose the defining purpose?
Because we now maintain a sizable standing army. You already know all of this (or should, anyway).
Space Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:41 PM #45
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Typo, fixed it.
So corrupt politicians just want to establish a tyranny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I don't think he knows why he agrees with my inclusion of FDR.
Sheeple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Pope View Post
Because we now maintain a sizable standing army. You already know all of this (or should, anyway).
It's legal for the military to operate on US soil against US citizens?

More like tyranny invokes fear and is effective at scaring people into irrationality.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:45 PM #46
Iamamartianchurch

Most enlisted men will not fire on american citizens. Most commanding officers will not risk their own heads in civil war to protect the skin of a politician. Having guns is a good way to ensure this scenario plays out, just in case it ever needed to.

It isn't even a tyrannical government anyone should be worried about but our own country men.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 03-01-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:46 PM #47
F1VENOM

Quote:
Most enlisted men will not fire on american citizens. Most commanding officers will not risk their own heads in civil war to protect the skin of a politician. Having guns is a good way to ensure this scenario plays out, just in case it ever needed to.
The US would be in real ****ing trouble long before that scenario played out. I just don't see why it's always the go to boogie man.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 03-01-2013, 03:52 PM #48
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
The US would be in real ****ing trouble long before that scenario played out. I just don't see why it's always the go to boogie man.
The constitution. Look. I expect a peaceful succession along lines of commonality long before civil war. I'll say that most of the reason we are still in tact today has to do with a deep respect for the authority of the federal government. if that authority disappears in the minds of enough people, it's gone, and no amount of technology, military or bureaucratic iron might can change that.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:54 PM #49
F1VENOM

Quote:
The constitution. Look. I expect a peaceful succession along lines of commonality long before civil war. I'll say that most of the reason we are still in tact today has to do with a deep respect for the authority of the federal government. if that authority disappears in the minds of enough people, it's gone, and no amount of technology, military or bureaucratic iron might can change that.
In other words we'd be ****ed long before tyranny happens.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:57 PM #50
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
In other words we'd be ****ed long before tyranny happens.
Government tyranny, yes of course. I think the past 50-60 years have taught us that the government isn't the only entity capable of tyranny.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:59 PM #51
F1VENOM

Quote:
Government tyranny, yes of course. I think the past 50-60 years have taught us that the government isn't the only entity capable of tyranny.
What do we do in that case? Everything I've read about the Second Amendment says it's meant to stop us from a tyrannical government. All the literature would be useless! Do you think posting about it on Facebook would help? How about if I Tweet repeatedly?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:00 PM #52
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
It's legal for the military to operate on US soil against US citizens?
To put down civil unrest? absolutely.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:04 PM #53
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
To put down civil unrest? absolutely.
But it has to be approved by the President and Congress?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:07 PM #54
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
What do we do in that case? Everything I've read about the Second Amendment says it's meant to stop us from a tyrannical government. All the literature would be useless! Do you think posting about it on Facebook would help? How about if I Tweet repeatedly?
You can buy a gun, for personal reasons, because you have the right to do so without justification. And if anyone tries to ask you why you need them, you can tell them to punch themselves sqwahh in the nuts.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:08 PM #55
F1VENOM

Quote:
You can buy a gun, for personal reasons, because you have the right to do so without justification. And if anyone tries to ask you why you need them, you can tell them to punch themselves sqwahh in the nuts.
Whew, I already have mah guns. I'm prepared.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:10 PM #56
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
Could also use an answer to the question you were asked. Still haven't addressed the person who listed FDR above Hitler I see, nor did F1Venom as of now. And you talk to me about being crazy?

Apparently being crazy is perfectly ok as long as that person fits your personal criteria and doesn't pick on President Obama.

This pack of liberals around here literally do not get it.
The person who listed FDR is one of my most trusted users in here. I'd rather let him explain himself (whether it be a joke or a legitimate answer) than assume. It's not in my nature to make wild assumptions.

Here's the thing:

He listed FDR
That's it. Nothing else.

You listed Obama for unsound reasons that follow illogical pathways or slipper-slope fallacies. The whole he-would-be-this-way-if-he-did-this-and-wanted-this-while-this-happened-because-some-other-guy-did-something-somewhat-similar argument is washed out and hysterical. I can counter your bull**** accusations. I can't counter something that hasn't been presented.

But it's cool. Keep trying to blame an entire ideological mindset for anything you don't like. True understanding just takes too much time.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:12 PM #57
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Whew, I already have mah guns. I'm prepared.
I can't have guns in my home for another 3 years...
Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 PM #58
Blake360

Quote:
Ever heard of Paul Revere? What did he do?
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:21 PM #59
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
Ever heard of Brian Boitano? If he was here today, what do you think he would do?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:24 PM #60
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
But it has to be approved by the President and Congress?
President doesn't need congress if it falls within the confines of the Insurrection Act.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:29 PM #61
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
He who warned the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms by ringing those bells and, um, making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that, uh, we were going to be secure and we were going to be free.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:17 PM #62
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
He who warned the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms by ringing those bells and, um, making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that, uh, we were going to be secure and we were going to be free.
Do you remember Obama and Biden's gaffes in this much detail for that long a period of time?

F1Venom - yeah, some corrupt politicians may.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:41 PM #63
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Ever heard of Brian Boitano? If he was here today, what do you think he would do?
I'm sure he'd kick an *** or two..

And I voted for Obama, cuz I'm a good American.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote