Old 12-25-2008, 12:51 AM #1
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
IL - CPX Sports Discussion

This thread was automatically created for discussion about CPX Sports. For more information about this field, or to find other fields near you, visit the CPX Sports listing in the PbNation Field & Store section.
SYSTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2008, 02:23 PM #2
daniel t. crunch
tomwagz 2k1

has been a member for 10 years
daniel t. crunch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
daniel t. crunch supports Team VICIOUS
challenge cup what it do
Old 12-26-2008, 02:36 PM #3
Magic Cocker
Dustin

CPX is the sickest scenario paintball complex there is. One of the first places I ever played paintball (CCP '96 was my first).

It's seriously the Disney World of paintball. I haven't been there lately and have no opinion on their staff or the way things are run but I know every weekend they pull in hundreds and hundreds of players.
Magic Cocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:19 PM #4
beenbannedb4?

i give them credit for bedlam and armagedon and thats all.
beenbannedb4? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:58 PM #5
PYROMAN

Once upon a time...
Everything is awesome when its new.
PYROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:05 PM #6
The_Leech
Tell me I'm pretty.

The_Leech owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
The_Leech owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
The_Leech supports Empire
Not you Ray. You were not awesome when you where new. You gained awesomeness with age.

Chicago Heretics in my Blood for as long as I live. The dream will live on again, maybe, someday.
The_Leech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:55 PM #7
helloproto12
Rimkus

helloproto12 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
helloproto12 is playing at Living Legends III
helloproto12 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenbannedb4? View Post
i give them credit for bedlam and armagedon and thats all.
wastelands is cool... fort courage
helloproto12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:34 PM #8
ballbreakballa
Bagels

ballbreakballa plays in the PSP
ballbreakballa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ballbreakballa supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloproto12 View Post
wastelands is cool... fort courage
fort courage is fun dave dont be lame
ballbreakballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:57 PM #9
Shadow Darkblade
Nate the Great

its one of the funnest places for woodsball if u like one balling every shot
Shadow Darkblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:32 PM #10
EVIL MINI0N
BIG D

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenbannedb4? View Post
cpx, fire all your condisending refs...and hire new ones who dont waste 40 mins before every game. Lower your crippling prices and get a x ball feild. cuz your guys ****s weak.

First off it's condescending not condisending!
con·de·scend·ing (kŏn'dĭ-sěn'dĭng)
To deal with people in a patronizingly superior manner.
And if you don't know what patronize it's hear
pa·tron·ize (ptr-nz, ptr-)
tr.v. pa·tron·ized, pa·tron·iz·ing, pa·tron·iz·es
1. To act as a patron to; support or sponsor.

So the refs Support all the players, and most of them play Paintball each weekend so in a way they are superior to you. They act that way because they can. Get real they do not take "40 mins". If you don't like the price don't play. Why is there **** weak, cus they don't have a Airball field. That's not the kind of ball they do, So Please don't post your hate hear. If you have a Prob with any thing at CPX give them a call or stop in and talk to them. Paul or Daryl would love to talk with any player about anything.

Last edited by EVIL MINI0N : 12-26-2008 at 09:38 PM.
EVIL MINI0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:47 PM #11
The_Leech
Tell me I'm pretty.

The_Leech owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
The_Leech owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
The_Leech supports Empire
You used the wrong type of "their".

Chicago Heretics in my Blood for as long as I live. The dream will live on again, maybe, someday.
The_Leech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:06 PM #12
Lost492

Lost492 donated to help Peyton Trent
Lost492 helped look for balloons
Lost492 is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVIL MINI0N View Post

First off it's condescending not condisending!
con·de·scend·ing (kŏn'dĭ-sěn'dĭng)
To deal with people in a patronizingly superior manner.
And if you don't know what patronize it's hear
pa·tron·ize (ptr-nz, ptr-)
tr.v. pa·tron·ized, pa·tron·iz·ing, pa·tron·iz·es
1. To act as a patron to; support or sponsor.

So the refs Support all the players, and most of them play Paintball each weekend so in a way they are superior to you. They act that way because they can. Get real they do not take "40 mins". If you don't like the price don't play. Why is there **** weak, cus they don't have a Airball field. That's not the kind of ball they do, So Please don't post your hate hear. If you have a Prob with any thing at CPX give them a call or stop in and talk to them. Paul or Daryl would love to talk with any player about anything.
Hi CPX Employee!
Lost492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:44 PM #13
Empyre09
Sec. Gen. of Awesome

Empyre09 plays in the PSP
Empyre09 supports Team VICIOUS
Empyre09 supports our troops
Empyre09 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
alright. heres the word from a cpx employee. the prices suck. thats why we dont play there. there not gonna get any better and there probably not gonna get worse. thats just how they are. The x-ball field has been brought up by myself and many other employees on several occasions. its probably not gonna happen. get over it. CPX is somewhere to go and enjoy a day of lazy play, bring a sibling or a significant other. dont come to practice your d2 xball because thats not the type of atmosphere we want at the park. On the subject of the beginning of games, we dont take 40 minutes. we usually take around ten to fifteen to get chronoed and wait for stragglers. i dont like doing it anymore than any of the players do because i know how much it sucks going to play and having to hurry up and wait. those radios we carry around with us are connected to our bosses and they let us know when to go and when to wait. when the word comes down, we go. now, if you have any more questions, concerns, or comments about the park, theres this thread and my inbox. you can raech me at both. have fun and hope to see you soon enjoying a day of play here at cpx sports. have a damn good day folks.
Empyre09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:18 PM #14
ballbreakballa
Bagels

ballbreakballa plays in the PSP
ballbreakballa supports Team VICIOUS
cpx has the best outdoor rec fields period

first field I ever played at. Got me hooked.
ballbreakballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:22 AM #15
daniel t. crunch
tomwagz 2k1

daniel t. crunch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
daniel t. crunch supports Team VICIOUS
^troof.

bedlam owns any outdoor rec* field in the state, mw, and possibly country. anyone who denies or argues this is bitter because they suck, or are ugly.

fogboardingdotorgslashvillaolivia
Old 12-27-2008, 11:10 AM #16
jshaft37

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Leech View Post
You used the wrong type of "their".
and he put hear instead of here
jshaft37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:16 PM #17
Empyre09
Sec. Gen. of Awesome

Empyre09 plays in the PSP
Empyre09 supports our troops
Empyre09 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
well 7garret, im sorry. we are still open as far as i know. they sent me home right around 11:30 because no one was there. as far as the proshop hanging up on you, im sure it was a mistake because the people answering the phones have no reason to do so. come out tomorrow or next weekend, but plan on either playing in a swamp, or not even at all, because 99% of the fields are completly flooded.
Empyre09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:29 PM #18
thor19880821

CPX prices are RIDICULOUS

I'll give em this though, they have some of the best fields around and they have a really nice facility. The staff is friendly too. And that girl that works the concession stand is hot (idk if she still works there, I haven't been there in a while).

If they lowered their prices to like $60 a case and added a couple airball fields, I would consider CPX to be the best field in IL. Right now the best field, in my opinion, is Badlandz.. followed by CPX.. then Fox.
thor19880821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:44 PM #19
EVIL MINI0N
BIG D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost492 View Post
Hi CPX Employee!
and im not a cpx employee. i have a real job that pays for my house and car and my own paintball stuff
ha the spelling, thats what i get for T9 on my phone guess i should check

Last edited by EVIL MINI0N : 12-27-2008 at 02:53 PM.
EVIL MINI0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:29 PM #20
PYROMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor19880821 View Post
CPX prices are RIDICULOUS

If they lowered their prices to like $60 a case and added a couple airball fields, I would consider CPX to be the best field in IL.
Have you even tried to figure out what the overhead cost to run a field is? Plus, the initial cost to build that place was sick.

Oh, and Im assuming you werent around when CPX first opened. CPX had one of the best Tournament fields in Illinois when Justin and Forest first opened up.That place had HUGE potential with tournaments, open play, BMX/Skateboarding, and the mountain bike course.
Times have changed. Bringing X BALL back to CPX wont change anything, including the price of paint.

And Empyre09, maybe the reason people didnt show up is because they didnt answer the phone. I know if I called and got no answer, I wouldnt drive all the way out there on a hope and a prayer that they would be open.
Kind of like opening up that 20 year old condom you have stored away in your wallet when that magical time finally arrives, and theres nothing inside the package but dust.

Last edited by PYROMAN : 12-27-2008 at 04:32 PM.
PYROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:30 PM #21
thor19880821

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROMAN View Post
Have you even tried to figure out what the overhead cost to run a field is? Plus, the initial cost to build that place was sick.

Oh, and Im assuming you werent around when CPX first opened. CPX had one of the best Tournament fields in Illinois when Justin and Forest first opened up.That place had HUGE potential with tournaments, open play, BMX/Skateboarding, and the mountain bike course.
Times have changed. Bringing X BALL back to CPX wont change anything, including the price of paint.
No, I never tried to figure out what the overhead cost to run a field is -- but I do know that it is a lot. And yeah, the initial cost to build that place was in the millions. But "Do you have any idea what the overhead cost to run a field is?" isn't exactly a good business strategy. Don't get me wrong, CPX still gets good business especially in the summer time. But at least offer us some options when it comes to field paint -- crap paint, not so crap paint, and $90 paint.

And no, I was not around when CPX opened. I have only been playing for 3 and a half years. And you don't need to tell me that, I can tell from just looking at that place and from the experiences that I have had there. And whether or not they add xball, it's still a really great field -- it's just not financially-friendly.

PYROMAN, I'm not really being sour about the prices, I'm just stating the obvious. I'm not an idiot, so don't make me out to be one. I am not FULLY AWARE of the exact details of the cost of running a field, especially a field like CPX, but I do have a general understanding of how much it would cost. But I am a consumer more than I am a businessman.. just like everyone here on the Nation and just like every player out there. And as a consumer, $90 for paint is a lot.

Like I said, CPX is a great field and it's actually the place that got me addicted to paintball. The staff is really friendly, the people that go there are really friendly as well. Last time I went there, I had already been playing for 2 years. It's a great place to meet new people who are new to the game of paintball, and it's fun helping them out. If you're new or if you want to introduce someone to paintball or if you want to have fun with family and friends, CPX is a great place to take them and it's a guaranteed fun time.
thor19880821 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups