Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-20-2013, 12:12 PM #1
Yoshi10

has been a member for 10 years
**Please check out my channel=NEW videos every week!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/1TenFitness

I have been doing this for a few months now, but am starting to be more consistent with uploads.

If you have any questions about nutrition or workout advice or want me to do a video about something just feel free to ask me.

If you are too shy or embarrassed to post a question on here, please message me and I would love to help you out. No matter how hard or simple the answer may be. Ill help you out!

I would love some constructive criticism on the videos, Thanks!

I feel pretty confident in the knowledge Ive obtained so far in the fitness/nutritional lifestyle, enough so that I can spread some truthful insight to others.

Im 20 years old and attend Texas A&M University

I play Division 1 paintball for Team VcK.

VcK
Yoshi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2013, 12:32 PM #2
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Pirate Mafia is playing at Living Legends VII
When is the best time to take protein?

Creatine?
Pirate Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:01 PM #3
AlienBoy

To stay slim but to have a toned body is it best to do mixture of cardio and weights? Like treadmill for a hour then bench / squats / leg press etc.
AlienBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:00 PM #4
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post

Creatine?
Not even once.

Genetics.
Squirrelly Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:21 PM #5
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
But who was shoulders?
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Dirtybirdy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 PM #6
Yoshi10

Quote:

Creatine?
the best time to take creatine is...any time you like. you only need 5 grams a day to saturate your muscle cells 100%. I take mine before my workout.
make sure you use ONLY creatine monohydrate. this is the ONLY one that has decades of research backed behind it. there is absolute no form of creatine that is better than the basic monohydrate. fact.
you dont need to cycle it or load it. its one of the safest and most effective supplements out there.

Protein is best consumed post workout. protein is used for recover and muscle synthesis. make sure your protein has a good amino acid profile. and is high in Leucine, a BCAA best associated with protein synthesis!!

VcK
Old 05-20-2013, 08:21 PM #7
Yoshi10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienBoy View Post
To stay slim but to have a toned body is it best to do mixture of cardio and weights? Like treadmill for a hour then bench / squats / leg press etc.

first off you cant TONE anything. muscles only can do 2 things: grow and shrink. there is NO rep range that grows a muscle a certain way versus another.

you ONLY should perform cardio to create a caloric deficit (burn fat, or dont put on any fat). Your weight/resistance training should be your "cardio" if you are looking to maintain.

get off the treadmill. the belt is moving for you. its not optimal. if you want to do any cardio in substitute of weight training, make sure it is HIIT cardio.
HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING.
These intervals will help with mitochondrial biogenesis and burn fat not only during THAT cardio session but for days afterwards!!!!

squats and bench press are great compound movements that stimulate multiple muscles and burn more overall calories in your workout compared to isolation movements.

VcK
Old 05-20-2013, 08:22 PM #8
Yoshi10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
Not even once.
srs?

VcK
Old 05-21-2013, 12:09 AM #9
AlienBoy

Ok i'm headed to the gym pretty soon, trying to find out some exercises in the gym for this high intensity interval training.

I just read and they said to do a fast run on the treadmill then to walk then repeat for about seven times.

They have those bicycle machines, which machines are best for the "hitt" training?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:09 AM #10
Yoshi10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienBoy View Post
Ok i'm headed to the gym pretty soon, trying to find out some exercises in the gym for this high intensity interval training.

I just read and they said to do a fast run on the treadmill then to walk then repeat for about seven times.

They have those bicycle machines, which machines are best for the "hitt" training?
in all honesty. HIIT should not be done on the treadmill. the belt moves for you.

To be optimal (best results) this is how it should be done:

Example: Sprints

warm up for 2-5 min moderate pace jog (break a sweat but shouldnt be tired)

STEP 1: sprint 100% for 10 seconds!!! (about 100 yards) (you shouldnt be able to last 10 seconds if sprinting your heart out, but this is what you want!)

STEP 2:Rest for 2 min. (or just about when your heart rate comes back down to where you can almost have a conversation with someone without losing your breath)

REPEAT STEPS 1 & 2 for 4-6 times. you should dead tired. YOU have to literally bust A$$ for this to work. it only takes 12-20 min. but it helps maintain muscle, burn fat, and increase mitochondrial biogenesis. only do this up to 4 times a week, maximum.

I personally have used the stationary bike and found this technique to work great:

warm up at 85-95 rpm for 5 minutes

STEP 1: crank the rpm up to 125+ and try to maintain that as long as you can. it should only be around 15 seconds. (i had a manual adjustment knob on my bike so I turned it until the resistance was super hard for me to continue past 15 seconds. you may have to mess around with your bike to find your preferred setting. Ive heard level 15 is good on machine bikes)

STEP 2: Rest for 2 min. (or just about when your heart rate comes back down to where you can almost have a conversation with someone without losing your breath)

REPEAT UP TO 6 times. it should only take 12-15 minutes.

make sure that you are sprinting your heart out!!!!!

VcK

Last edited by Yoshi10 : 05-21-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:46 AM #11
AlienBoy

I did a little bit of them all, bike / treadmill, weights.

Pectorals
Bicep curls
triceps curls
squats
dive machine
bench

I had fun
Old 05-21-2013, 07:48 AM #12
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Proper squat and deadlift form please?

As well, which type of protein is the best? Iso, concentrate, or hydro?
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
Old 05-21-2013, 08:49 AM #13
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Pirate Mafia is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi10 View Post
the best time to take creatine is...any time you like. you only need 5 grams a day to saturate your muscle cells 100%. I take mine before my workout.
make sure you use ONLY creatine monohydrate. this is the ONLY one that has decades of research backed behind it. there is absolute no form of creatine that is better than the basic monohydrate. fact.
you dont need to cycle it or load it. its one of the safest and most effective supplements out there.

Protein is best consumed post workout. protein is used for recover and muscle synthesis. make sure your protein has a good amino acid profile. and is high in Leucine, a BCAA best associated with protein synthesis!!

But what about MCC, Creatine Nitrate and Creatine Orotate? They generally have more physiological benefits, no?

And, regarding post workout protein consumption, how long after working out is muscle anabolism peaked?
Pirate Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:51 AM #14
Pump Revolution

What test booster do you recommend?

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:09 PM #15
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
How many meals a day should I revolve around my clean-paleo-ketogenic diet plan in order to stoke my metabolic flame while stacking my fat burner with my gainer powder to simultaneously gain muscle and lose fat?

Crossfit.

Genetics.
Squirrelly Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:21 PM #16
iizmatts
Me Gusta

iizmatts plays in the APPA D4 division
****in lol^
iizmatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:37 PM #17
Yoshi10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtybirdy51 View Post
Proper squat and deadlift form please?

As well, which type of protein is the best? Iso, concentrate, or hydro?
Ok for squat some people think that if they don't go all the way down (a$$ to grass) they it isn't a true squat. Well that is completely false. The depth of your squat actually comes down to genetic hip flexibility. You can some mobility work to increase flexibility but don't worry if your butt doesn't get to the ground. The main thing you want to worry about is maintaining a neutral spine. This means your spine stay in the same directions through the entire movement. Keep your chest and chin up, butt out, shoulder blades pinched together. Toes can be position slightly outward. Feet shoulder width apart. If you want to work your outer quad sweep(outer quad), bring your stance to inside shoulder width and toes pointing forward. Explode upward through your heels. Don't lockout your knees.

Deadlifts:
Conventional-grip the bar just outside shoulder width.feet about 6 inches apart. Keep your butt down, chest up, chin up, and make sure your shoulder move up at the same time your butt starts to go up as well. Make sure to keep your back straight. Don't round your back. (Thoracic rounding will take your snap city). Explode with your legs. Don't over extend at the top.

Sumo- same concept as above. But you start with about shoulder with stance and your hands grip inside your legs. About knees to elbows.

Romanian(straight leg)- feet anywhere from together to shoulder width. Slight bend in knees or legs can be straight. Its up to you. Keep back straight and chest up. (More of a hamstring movement unlike the other two are quad based.)

As for protein. Don't worry about the difference. Try to get your protein from whole foods. Make sure your protein is high in leucine and complete amino acids.

Best:

Eggs-fish-turkey-chicken-bison-lean beef-whey

VcK
Old 05-21-2013, 09:39 PM #18
Yoshi10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
What test booster do you recommend?
None. They are all bs. I'm being serious. None of them are backed by any scientific data. Use the testosterone your were born with. It is more than enough to build quality muscle.

VcK
Old 05-21-2013, 09:51 PM #19
Yoshi10

Quote:
But what about MCC, Creatine Nitrate and Creatine Orotate? They generally have more physiological benefits, no?

And, regarding post workout protein consumption, how long after working out is muscle anabolism peaked?
Your muscle cells can only be saturated 100%. Monohydrate does exactly this. The other types of creatine claim to be better but how can this be? What physiological effects are you talking about I'm curious.

Determining post workout Anabolism is a new field of research and is current being studied. There isn't very much conclusive data on resistance trained athletes. But to be honest you shouldn't worry about timing your protein consumption. I've read studies ranging from 15 min to 24 hours later. I would recommend about an hour after training. But that's just me. I say this because this gives time for insulin to drop and GH to increase during that momentary fasted state. But I don't recommend fasting though it might be great for fat loss, it is not anabolic.

But if you are truly worried about being optimal about anabolism, make sure you are stay very hydrated. A hydrated cell is an anabolic cell. Most of the metabolic processes in our body are aqueous. We need water!

VcK
Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 PM #20
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Organic or non organic foods? Which is better and why?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:54 PM #21
Yoshi10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
How many meals a day should I revolve around my clean-paleo-ketogenic diet plan in order to stoke my metabolic flame while stacking my fat burner with my gainer powder to simultaneously gain muscle and lose fat?

Crossfit.

You are a comic.

VcK