Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 04:14 PM #1891
9HEADBANDSAGG
John 3:30

9HEADBANDSAGG owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
9HEADBANDSAGG supports Team VICIOUS
9HEADBANDSAGG is for the Gunfight
I dont know the exact name but it is at the top and where the little pin is that lets air out is leaking.
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2013, 05:16 PM #1892
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9HEADBANDSAGG View Post
I dont know the exact name but it is at the top and where the little pin is that lets air out is leaking.
Degas your bottle, remove set screws in the bonnet, unscrew bonnet from the regulator body (gas distribution body), pull piston out of the bonnet, push the small white teflon oring at the top of the inside of the bonnet where the pin sticks out, clean the pocket the oring was sitting in with a qtip, clean oring, clean the entire inside of your regulator and relube orings, put back together again and that should take care of the problem for you.

Sounds like it just needs a little maintenance

If that doesnt work, you may need a new teflon oring in that pocket
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-26-2013, 02:51 PM #1893
MisplacedHead

Alright so just bought a brand new 48/3000PSI tank that came in a bundle with the gun I bought. Went today to get it filled and test the new gun, worked awesome until i hit around 500 PSI. Then it started to leak air from what sounded like the regulator. Sounded close to one of the little hexagon shaped things on the side, but could be from somewhere else. Any idea what it could be from? Thanks.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:54 PM #1894
jonnysd22

has been a member for 10 years
i just got my tank back from the cracked tank warranty repair, there's a bubble that ruptured in the gel coat. should i sent it back to the warranty repair or is there another way to go?

loyalty above all except honor
cairde go deo deartháireacha don saol
Old 01-26-2013, 03:32 PM #1895
f8al
POWERHOUSE REGS

f8al works for a Paintball manufacturer
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisplacedHead View Post
Alright so just bought a brand new 48/3000PSI tank that came in a bundle with the gun I bought. Went today to get it filled and test the new gun, worked awesome until i hit around 500 PSI. Then it started to leak air from what sounded like the regulator. Sounded close to one of the little hexagon shaped things on the side, but could be from somewhere else. Any idea what it could be from? Thanks.
It is normal for the system to do that when you get that low on air, it is nothing to worry about. If you are not shooting rapidly it may not leak until you get to a lower pressure, but if you are sustaining a higher rate of fire it will most certainly do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysd22 View Post
i just got my tank back from the cracked tank warranty repair, there's a bubble that ruptured in the gel coat. should i sent it back to the warranty repair or is there another way to go?
Do you have any pictures? Is it just the surface layer or is it all the way down to the fibers?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 PM #1896
Dan0102

Dan0102 is BST Trusted
Dan0102 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9HEADBANDSAGG View Post
This same thing with my Pro Reg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Degas your bottle, remove set screws in the bonnet, unscrew bonnet from the regulator body (gas distribution body), pull piston out of the bonnet, push the small white teflon oring at the top of the inside of the bonnet where the pin sticks out, clean the pocket the oring was sitting in with a qtip, clean oring, clean the entire inside of your regulator and relube orings, put back together again and that should take care of the problem for you.

Sounds like it just needs a little maintenance

If that doesnt work, you may need a new teflon oring in that pocket
^ Did this, still having a persistent leak; can you post a o-ring list for the pro reg? (sizes and material).

Thanks.

edit: thanks Rob, I didn't want to clutter this thread but you solved my leak issue

Last edited by Dan0102 : 01-31-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:22 AM #1897
MisplacedHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
It is normal for the system to do that when you get that low on air, it is nothing to worry about. If you are not shooting rapidly it may not leak until you get to a lower pressure, but if you are sustaining a higher rate of fire it will most certainly do it.
so should i remove the teflon tape that i put around them when i unscrewed them? or can i leave that on?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:49 PM #1898
jimador48

jimador48 plays in the APPA beginner division
jimador48 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jimador48 supports DLX Technology
jimador48 supports Empire
my slp pro reg didnt come with any shims inside, can i purchase them?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:31 PM #1899
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
 is playing at Living Legends XI
bronze is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimador48 View Post
my slp pro reg didnt come with any shims inside, can i purchase them?
SLP is preset at 275psi-300psi. It can not be adjusted at all, even with additional shims.

Perhaps a ninja pro adjustable is more your style? It can be set at 450psi-800psi, by the use of shims.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 AM #1900
ranman106

I took my Ninja bottle (aluminum 3000 psi) for a refill yesterday. The tank will only hold 2000 psi but not the 3000 psi. How do I repair this problem?

Last edited by ranman106 : 01-28-2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: content
Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 AM #1901
NoobWithAnAttitude
Becoming Less of a Noob

I just tried to remove the reg on my 48/3000 ninja and the bonnet started to come off not the reg so I immediately screwed it back on. Also when the bonnet was unscrewing there was a grinding noise will this cause a safety problem?
Old 01-28-2013, 01:41 PM #1902
f8al
POWERHOUSE REGS

f8al plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranman106 View Post
I took my Ninja bottle (aluminum 3000 psi) for a refill yesterday. The tank will only hold 2000 psi but not the 3000 psi. How do I repair this problem?
Hi ranman, I have a few questions for you. First being are you sure that the place you brought your system to was in fact filling all the way to 3,000? Being a shop manager I have had times where my air tanks didn't have enough to fill a 3k tank so it can happen, especially if the place you go to does not have a compressor to fill their own system. THe second question is are you sure your gauge is not possible broken? When you degas your system completely where does the needle sit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobWithAnAttitude View Post
I just tried to remove the reg on my 48/3000 ninja and the bonnet started to come off not the reg so I immediately screwed it back on. Also when the bonnet was unscrewing there was a grinding noise will this cause a safety problem?
Hey NoobWithAnAttitude, was your system totally depleted before you tried doing do? Also that grinding sound your heard was most likely the set screws that secure the bonnet into place. While I would strongly urge you to make sure you loosen those screws when you service your regulator and make sure they are securely in place when you are using the system.

If you still need to remove your regulator I would recommend using a blow dryer on low to warm it up to make it easier to break the tension seal that Ninja uses (only company smart enough to not use loctite or any kind of thread lock ) HOpe this helps!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 PM #1903
NoobWithAnAttitude
Becoming Less of a Noob

Quote:
Hi ranman, I have a few questions for you. First being are you sure that the place you brought your system to was in fact filling all the way to 3,000? Being a shop manager I have had times where my air tanks didn't have enough to fill a 3k tank so it can happen, especially if the place you go to does not have a compressor to fill their own system. THe second question is are you sure your gauge is not possible broken? When you degas your system completely where does the needle sit?

Hey NoobWithAnAttitude, was your system totally depleted before you tried doing do? Also that grinding sound your heard was most likely the set screws that secure the bonnet into place. While I would strongly urge you to make sure you loosen those screws when you service your regulator and make sure they are securely in place when you are using the system.

If you still need to remove your regulator I would recommend using a blow dryer on low to warm it up to make it easier to break the tension seal that Ninja uses (only company smart enough to not use loctite or any kind of thread lock ) HOpe this helps!
The tank was fully depressurized. Yes the screws were the issue, I took the screws out and that was the problem. Thanks for your help

Last edited by NoobWithAnAttitude : 01-28-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:42 PM #1904
jimador48

jimador48 plays in the APPA beginner division
jimador48 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jimador48 supports DLX Technology
jimador48 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronze View Post
SLP is preset at 275psi-300psi. It can not be adjusted at all, even with additional shims.

Perhaps a ninja pro adjustable is more your style? It can be set at 450psi-800psi, by the use of shims.
Just wondering because I thought it came with some

It's going on my g6r
Old 01-28-2013, 04:51 PM #1905
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0102 View Post
This same thing with my Pro Reg.

^ Did this, still having a persistent leak; can you post a o-ring list for the pro reg? (sizes and material).

Thanks.
Might try flipping the small white teflon oring upside down. Thats another way to solve that leak. The oring is a 006-TFSS.

If you need sizes on the other orings, shoot me a pm and i'll get you other oring sizes.

Also, if any of you guys play on the national level or can get to a national psp or nppl event, we can fix this for free at our booth.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-28-2013, 04:59 PM #1906
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimador48 View Post
Just wondering because I thought it came with some

It's going on my g6r
Leave the SLP as is out of the box, air it up, screw it in and go shoot people. Its a fixed output regulator and you dont want to alter the output pressure because the SLP is designed specifically for the G6R and the Victory, so no adjustments are needed.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-28-2013, 05:18 PM #1907
ranman106

Quote:
Probably should have added that I took them to a scuba shop. I took two other bottles and they had no problem filling to 3000.

When it's empty it reads 0. Also they would fill it to 3000 but it would leak down to 2000 and stay there. They repeated this a couple of times.

I just rechecked the tank and it still reads 2000.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:16 AM #1908
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranman106 View Post
Probably should have added that I took them to a scuba shop. I took two other bottles and they had no problem filling to 3000.

When it's empty it reads 0. Also they would fill it to 3000 but it would leak down to 2000 and stay there. They repeated this a couple of times.

I just rechecked the tank and it still reads 2000.
I wonder if its a faulty gauge? When you drain the tank empty, does the needle actually point to zero or slightly below it?
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 PM #1909
ranman106

Rob_@_Ninja_PB, it points to zero.

Last edited by ranman106 : 01-29-2013 at 12:25 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 01-29-2013, 02:22 PM #1910
f8al
POWERHOUSE REGS

f8al plays in the PSP
Are you sure that your tank did not cool down to around 2k? When you hot fill a tank like that the pressure will drop a little as it cools off, but losing 1k seems a bit excessive it is possible.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:15 PM #1911
ranman106

Quote:
Are you sure that your tank did not cool down to around 2k? When you hot fill a tank like that the pressure will drop a little as it cools off, but losing 1k seems a bit excessive it is possible.
That I don't know. I'm thinking of degassing the tank, removing the bonnet and pin valve, cleaning everything, relubing and refilling it again.
Closed Thread