Old 10-15-2012, 11:48 PM #1
Spencermagana
WESTCOASTSHARKS #47

Spencermagana is playing at Living Legends V
Spencermagana supports Pev's Paintball
Spencermagana has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spencermagana is attending Decay of Nations VI
Whats The Deal With The Rof-fi Stats

I Havent Seen Anyone Bring This Up But Whats Up With The Stats From Dc And Now Vegas Hb Was Up The Same Day And Chicago The Same But Dc And Vegas Nada!!!!
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2012, 09:16 AM #2
FreakinJB

has been a member for 10 years
My guess is that compiling stats hasn't worked out the way it was intended. Our entire team had really inaccurate stats in Chicago. I've seen the Virtue guy at the events and apparently they're still monitoring chips on the field although it seems like there's less of an emphasis on them.
FreakinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:06 AM #3
i got an ion
RIP Royals

i got an ion plays in the PSP
i got an ion plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinJB View Post
My guess is that compiling stats hasn't worked out the way it was intended. Our entire team had really inaccurate stats in Chicago. I've seen the Virtue guy at the events and apparently they're still monitoring chips on the field although it seems like there's less of an emphasis on them.
we also had inaccurate stats in hb/chicago. and im almost 100% sure they dont monitor the chips on the field.

and the stats from HB and Chicago were NOT up the same day... both of those events took a while to get the stats from....

come back coming soon...
i got an ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:14 AM #4
Spencermagana
WESTCOASTSHARKS #47

Only problem is virtue charges $60 for a replacement chip and they still can't get stats up from DC why even bother with the chips
Old 10-16-2012, 11:43 AM #5
jesus01
That guy

jesus01 plays in the PSP
the chip is imo a great way for virtue to screw us out of money for nothing at all.

This is exactly why i no longer use virtue products
Old 10-16-2012, 11:50 AM #6
Spencermagana
WESTCOASTSHARKS #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus01 View Post
the chip is imo a great way for virtue to screw us out of money for nothing at all.

This is exactly why i no longer use virtue products
yup can you imagine how many people have lost their chips so far thats $60 per head they are making a killing on those chips and the consumers are not get what they have been promised
Old 10-16-2012, 02:12 PM #7
jptothetree
Not on the rug, man

jptothetree plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
jptothetree owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jptothetree plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencermagana View Post
yup can you imagine how many people have lost their chips so far thats $60 per head they are making a killing on those chips and the consumers are not get what they have been promised
Those virtue chips clocked my gun shooting 18.5 bps at Vegas. Funny thing is I can't even shoot that fast and I had my gun capped at 14 bps to avoid any problems (a lot of good that did). I received a warning from one of the referees. I took my gun over to the Planet Eclipse booth and the tech said it was the chip messing with my board and suggested I just cap my gun at 11 bps to avoid any further issues.

The rest of the tournament I shot 11 bps. Awesome. Thanks Virtue -- btw your chronographs suck *** too.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:31 PM #8
Spencermagana
WESTCOASTSHARKS #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptothetree View Post
Those virtue chips clocked my gun shooting 18.5 bps at Vegas. Funny thing is I can't even shoot that fast and I had my gun capped at 14 bps to avoid any problems (a lot of good that did). I received a warning from one of the referees. I took my gun over to the Planet Eclipse booth and the tech said it was the chip messing with my board and suggested I just cap my gun at 11 bps to avoid any further issues.

The rest of the tournament I shot 11 bps. Awesome. Thanks Virtue -- btw your chronographs suck *** too.
yup one of my teammates had issues to once he aired up his g6r his bolt slammed forward and would stay like that once we took the chip out gun was back to normal
Old 10-16-2012, 04:33 PM #9
Kazer

Kazer is playing at Living Legends VIII
Kazer supports DLX Technology
The chip can't cause a bolt to stick forward, especially just from airing up the marker. The virtue chip is a passive monitoring system between the board and the solenoid. All it does is wait for the board to send a command to the solenoid to fire a shot. The chip then sends a wireless signal back to the software to record the command. Go over 15 commands in a second either from improper board settings or mechanical bounce and you will get a penalty. I guess the chip itself could be faulty, but with how simple they are I doubt that's the case as it's much more likely to fail all together then send improper data.

EDIT:
Also its a league rule to have the chips, the PSP uses the same chips for the pro division right now. I wouldn't be surprised if the PSP eventually made all divisions have them as well. The advantage to the pro's in the PSP is they have Paintball Access to help sort the stats and a team in a booth over the pro field watching for "confirmed eliminations".

Last edited by Kazer : 10-16-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:43 PM #10
Spencermagana
WESTCOASTSHARKS #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazer View Post
The chip can't cause a bolt to stick forward, especially just from airing up the marker. The virtue chip is a passive monitoring system between the board and the solenoid. All it does is wait for the board to send a command to the solenoid to fire a shot. The chip then sends a wireless signal back to the software to record the command. Go over 15 commands in a second either from improper board settings or mechanical bounce and you will get a penalty. I guess the chip itself could be faulty, but with how simple they are I doubt that's the case as it's much more likely to fail all together then send improper data.
This happened in vegas and although i don't have video to prove it but yes it did happen by just airing up the gun the only explanation we got from virtue was the chip was bad board but the point here is the chips are pointless for us if we are not provided the statistics these chips are supposed to provide the players
Old 10-16-2012, 06:17 PM #11
_slash_1
yup, im "that" one....

_slash_1 plays in the USPL
_slash_1 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
yeah i also got flagged as shooting 20+ bps in vegas... my gun was actually set to 15.1 shooting a steady 14.9 verified by 6 (3 in canada and 3 at the event) virtue chronos... i know how to ride the fence, but i was definitely not shooting over 15bps.

I've found this tech sketchy since hb. after the event my stats said i only shot 297 times... when i played every point, shot 5+ pods a game, and lent my gun to several uprising, and other divisional players.. The ROFI is cool as its free, and im glad they have it, but its certainly not anything that can be enforced... give it a few years...
_slash_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:12 PM #12
Spencermagana
WESTCOASTSHARKS #47

Its Now Two Weeks After Vegas And Still No Stats From Vegas
Old 10-22-2012, 02:40 AM #13
biggidyo

^or a good video of the event
Old 10-22-2012, 01:08 PM #14
Kazer

Kazer is playing at Living Legends VIII
The entire webcast is on youtube to watch all the games. Videos normally don't come out for at least a month and most of the people that do videos are prepping for cup.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:46 AM #15
jgill07

jgill07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jgill07 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
crickets? Virtue, WHERE ARE THE GUN STATS THAT YOU TELL US ARE THE ONLY BENEFIT FOR US TO CRAM YOUR CHIPS INTO OUR GUNS TO SEE?? This is inexcusable to take this long.
Thx to the generous support of CC Paintball, the RPL, Camp Pendleton Paintball Park
https://www.facebook.com/SoCalStealth
jgill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:10 AM #16
jgill07

jgill07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jgill07 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Anybody know why these clowns from Virtue are completely ignoring anyone who asks about the gun-chip stats?

Real nice business decision Virtue. Just ignore all your customers who are asking about products paid for that you are NOT providing. Ridiculous. Good luck succeeding with that business model.
Thx to the generous support of CC Paintball, the RPL, Camp Pendleton Paintball Park
https://www.facebook.com/SoCalStealth
jgill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:41 AM #17
i got an ion
RIP Royals

i got an ion plays in the PSP
i got an ion plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill07 View Post
Anybody know why these clowns from Virtue are completely ignoring anyone who asks about the gun-chip stats?

Real nice business decision Virtue. Just ignore all your customers who are asking about products paid for that you are NOT providing. Ridiculous. Good luck succeeding with that business model.
ignoring? were posting about this in an NPPL thread, and i havent seen anyone say they have emailed them and received no reply, maybe someone should try that.

come back coming soon...
i got an ion is offline   Reply With Quote