PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2013, 07:06 AM #22
rexisme

has been a member for 10 years
rexisme supports DLX Technology
I could never get my spire to work right on my luxe. Now on my csl and ego 11, it works like a dream... go figure. I'm sure its because the ego's kick like a mule compared to the luxe.

I honestly believe my luxe was just too quiet/smooth for the spire. I tried every damn setting that was put up that other users were using, what virtue said to try, etc. I hated the spire UNTIL I used it on my ego's. Now, I wouldn't get rid of the thing, the last 20 or so balls not feeding at the end are annoying but I'm usually refilling at that point now anyway.

So on edit, I guess if I had my luxe still, I'd want a rotor. I like the z2 but I also like the ease of cleaning. From what I've read the z2 is a pain in the *** to clean compared to the spire or rotor. I can say, I got a random 1 ball shot from across field through my speedfeed into my spire. I was amazed by the shot and how fast I had that thing cleaned out and reloaded within 2/3 minutes.

Last edited by rexisme : 01-31-2013 at 07:09 AM.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2013, 11:58 AM #23
Weroliera (Banned)

Rotor man.
Proven proven proven
And people say its heavier. Like if its a pound difference lol
And hold a rotor from the feed tube and it feels so balanced
A guy with a luxe once told me his spire is better than my gen3 rotor because
It started to make a beeping noise to let him know his paint is running low
I said "oh that's cool"
But in my head I thought "hmmm I wonder if be can here that beeping through all the shooting and screaming" lol
I think that is useless unless your running a special ops paintball mission and its quiet enough to hear it

Do spires really do that?
I d k
Don't quote me. That's what he said!
I'm just sharing one of many of my story's
Weroliera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 PM #24
aimeagle21
Shooting people 4 fun

aimeagle21 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
aimeagle21 plays in the APPA D4 division
Never used a spire and most likely never will. I had a rotor traded for a z2. Used the z2 for a couple days of play and traded it for a rotor. My son and I use rotors and have never had a jam. Also, the other player on our three man uses a rotor and has not had any jams. The reason I got rid of the z2 was simply do to the fact that is feels really cheap and flimsy. We have literally put well over 50000 rounds through our rotors with no issues what so ever.
COLORS PAINTBALL Fremont Michigan!
Old style trust
aimeagle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:33 AM #25
STRIP3S
Ohio

plays in the NXL
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Have used both a Z2 and rotor. Initially, I thought the Z2 was a great hopper, very light and fed really well. However, it was a battery eater. Could not figure out why it ate as many batteries as it did. On the flip side, the Rotor seemed a little heavier but sturdier in construction. I also loved the simplicity when breaking it down to clean.

I have stuck with the Rotor even when all of my friends are turning to the Spire. It might be nice, but I get the same performance from Rotor.
XFT
Richmond Rejects
STRIP3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:44 AM #26
The_Fresh
Doug

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
I could never get my spire to work right on my luxe. Now on my csl and ego 11, it works like a dream... go figure. I'm sure its because the ego's kick like a mule compared to the luxe.

I honestly believe my luxe was just too quiet/smooth for the spire. I tried every damn setting that was put up that other users were using, what virtue said to try, etc. I hated the spire UNTIL I used it on my ego's. Now, I wouldn't get rid of the thing, the last 20 or so balls not feeding at the end are annoying but I'm usually refilling at that point now anyway.

So on edit, I guess if I had my luxe still, I'd want a rotor. I like the z2 but I also like the ease of cleaning. From what I've read the z2 is a pain in the *** to clean compared to the spire or rotor. I can say, I got a random 1 ball shot from across field through my speedfeed into my spire. I was amazed by the shot and how fast I had that thing cleaned out and reloaded within 2/3 minutes.

the luxe / clones / droids etc sometimes have a hard time getting picked up by spires because of the low noise and low kick. the spire is fully adjustable, if you whip the manual out you can adjust the sensitivity.
The_Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:13 PM #27
DanR
Stock Luxe 1.0

DanR plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
DanR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DanR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DanR is an NCPA player
DanR supports DLX Technology
i second what the fresh said
Old 02-04-2013, 04:18 PM #28
Bruce95

Bruce95 plays in the PSP
Bruce95 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bruce95 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bruce95 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Never had a problem with the spire....stock settings....on a luxe or dm13....has a nice size opening to fill paint! And not waste much

Rotor is good...waste a good amount of paint feeding

Either way performance wise can't go wrong

Z2....just not a fan

OHIO HaVoC
Bruce95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:33 PM #29
arcflash87

arcflash87 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
arcflash87 supports DLX Technology
I have had exactly zero problems with my rotor after a year of use. The only other hopper that i have used recently is a vmax, so i cant speak about the spire or z2 but i do not plan on buying either as my rotor far exceeds any needs that i have.

Last edited by arcflash87 : 02-04-2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: sp
arcflash87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:27 AM #30
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
I get a hoot out of these threads. Why is no one complaining about "complicated" adjustments on the spire..folks used to cry about adjusting the prophecy
Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:49 AM #31
hoot1

hoot1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I had a Z2 and a rotor at the same time. I liked the rotor better, batteries last longer, easier to clean, and never had a single problem out of it. Never had jamb. So I sold my Z2 and bought a second rotor. Never tried a Spire but Virtue always makes good stuff. I would like to try one and might try to trade one of my rotor to get one.
hoot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:24 PM #32
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Rotor > Z2 > Spire ....in that order

Rotor only flaw is not the best with cheap paint
Z2 is pain to clean if paint gets broken inside the loader
Spire, call me a hater, just don't like them

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:00 PM #33
MadxMan
Taco Bell

MadxMan plays in the APPA D4 division
MadxMan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MadxMan supports Empire
spire
MadxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:22 PM #34
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
View Loader Revvy
Old 02-17-2013, 03:03 AM #35
xmagman
MacDev Militia

xmagman supports Team VICIOUS
xmagman is for the Gunfight
xmagman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ive been using my Z2 for over a year now and I havent had a single jam or any other issue. Ive used the same set of Energizer Lithium batteries since April of 2012 and they are still going strong.
The Z2 shells are very sturdy, it unjams itself...IF a jam ever happens. And it really isnt all that complicated. There isnt a need to ever tear it apart further then taking off the front shells to wipe out the inside of the loader or change batteries.

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

Ryukyu Kings Paintball Team
xmagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:14 AM #36
killiam

killiam supports Ninja Paintball
To be able to better answer your question you should state what you're using your loader for, and what you're looking for in a loader. Are you going to be playing with paint only? Are you going to be playing with reballs? What marker are you using, and what type of field do you play on?

The Rotor is generally pretty well rounded for loading paint, but however is not a viable option if you are going to be playing with reball. Keep this in mind, even if you don't plan on playing reball, this should still be something to consider down the road(IE: if some day you happen to be at a reball field, or plan on selling it later on.) The loader from my experience is pretty robust, the lid would be nicer if it were a little wider, cleaning it is pretty simple but not the best, and it has fewer parts which is very nice in comparison to the Z2. It is also pretty good on batteries, and the hi-cap shell is a neat option.

Next is the Z2. I generally don't like this loader for the reason it has too many parts, and doesn't feel very sturdy at all. It loads paint and reballs alike pretty reliably. This loader quickly loses out to the Rotor, and Spire though when it comes to ease of maintenance. The lid is somewhat wider than that of the Rotor, and that's nice(easier loading without spilling all your paint.) Careful with the battery harness though, I know a good deal of people who have ripped the wires from them by carelessly letting the harness fall out when taking the loader apart. I also feel that this loader loses out to the 3 in battery efficiency, but I'm not going to claim that 100% because I haven't actually looked into it to reliably state that.

Lastly, the Virtue Spire. This loader is excellent in any regard. I've used this on everything. From paint to reballs, from Tippmann 98C's to Luxe's, and Clone GT's. If you're a sensible person and read a manual before using a product, you should know how to adjust the sensitivity options in the loader. This is something you need to do depending on the marker you're using, and if you're using reballs or paint. In most situations though, the stock settings will be just fine. Take down, and cleaning is the easiest of the three, and it also has the widest lid to take in paint. There's only one negative thing about the spire, and that is that it doesn't fill as well as the other loaders. Like if for example you have a speedfeed on it, and you decide to pod when the loader is about 1/3, only less than half of your pod will pour in due to the design of the paddles. I have only really encountered this problem though when using a speedfeed, with a lid though it doesn't bother me. The loader is also very robust.

Generally right now you can conclude it by so(just taking the Z2 off the list):

Are you only going to play paint, and would like the option of a higher capacity loader?

Then go with the Rotor.

Would you like something more rounded to be able to take on both reballs and paint, and load much more reliably? Do you want the easiest to maintain of all of them?

Go with the Spire.
killiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:30 PM #37
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Watched my teamate lose his front cone from his Z2 this weekend when we got into a firefight with 4 other guys. Told him "time to buy a Rotor", lol, he was not amused.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:44 PM #38
jakePE (Banned)

jakePE supports Team VICIOUS
Thanks for the input decided to buy a spire
jakePE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 PM #39
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Good choice
Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:20 PM #40
stephenn82

stephenn82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stephenn82 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
LOL!! I hate to be a necromancer, but i just found this on Youtube, and its a beast of a loader, for what he does to it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjqGRjNIuzY
Virtue OLED board w/ grips
"Good intentions and kind words are great, but your actions define who you are."
Me
stephenn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:14 PM #41
dominantgazelle

dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
I personally love my spire. Although I have had some issues with it, Virtue took care of them all. I borrowed a rotor once and it jammed twice that day but it was also pretty crappy paint. Ever since then though I've never had any issues.
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:26 PM #42
blueNgoldEGO

blueNgoldEGO owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
never had an issues with my rotor. reading some of these posts, the spire has way to many bells and whistles for me. then again, i came from a halo b... anything is an upgrade!
MURDERshockerRSX
PrestigeGSL
FBMVampyreAutococker
blueNgoldEGO is offline   Reply With Quote