PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-23-2006, 05:18 AM #43
brianthehulk
AKA The Thing

has been a member for 10 years
If your talking about outside sponsors like Coke, Pepsi, Doritos etc, names like st8killas, contract killer,grips with scarface will need to go away, man that will scare off outside(mainstream) investors faster than anything. Ive seen it first hand.

Nobody wants to see a 13yr old boy walking around with a contract killer t shirt on, with an attitude to match.

As far as the reffs go, instant replay needs to be invoked, which costs mucho dinero.

Hell its 10 grand just to put the 10 yard line on the screen for the home audiance, and thats channel 11. Imagine what it would cost do do instant replay( the right way that is).

Any other more viable suggestions?

Team Illuminati Paintball PSP/NPPL
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2006, 06:01 AM #44
RedMage138
Red Means Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyrocketguy
Read the NPPL rulebook before you flame. You're allowed to slide out of bounds when you grab the flag.
^^QFT^^
Old 05-23-2006, 07:53 AM #45
Bzump

Bzump is a Supporting Member
Bzump is a Professional paintball player
Bzump donated to help Peyton Trent
Papa i can not go into details with out upsetting my friends, but if i had the ability to tell you what one of the Swedish refs told one of the pro captains after the game and then again after the tournament i think Sweden would disown him, as a matter of fact i KNOW Sweden would disown him. It was the worst thing i think i have ever heard in by brief 4 yeears involved in paintball and it was brought to Chucks attention.
STR8KILLAS
Old 05-23-2006, 12:26 PM #46
capt_crunch2052 (Banned)

wow 10 shots? id pull a 1for1 for overshooting. 5-7 is okay, but 10. wow.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:19 PM #47
ikeepitreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianthehulk
If your talking about outside sponsors like Coke, Pepsi, Doritos etc, names like st8killas, contract killer,grips with scarface will need to go away, man that will scare off outside(mainstream) investors faster than anything. Ive seen it first hand.
paintball players dont have to act like saints in order to grow the sport, seriously. yes, alot of what we do is questionable, but if people are going to be sissies about it, I personally don't want them playing paintball. this is a fast- paced, intense game and tempers flare because theyre so involved. i mean if you have watched any kind of pro sports for any amount of time, you will realize that they are cussing and fighting a whole lot more than paintball players.

you dont like it, get over it, its not changing.

later,
jake
Old 05-23-2006, 05:36 PM #48
P8ntballa18

I just want to say that the VSV player did wipe the paint off of him, right when he reached for the flag. I was seated in the V.I.P. Section and from there we had the best view. XSV cheats. So does everyone else. Get over it. Period.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:16 PM #49
So~Fla
merkin since 92

rage always gets screwed and its stupid they get the stupidest calls against them and its gay they have the ability to win these events just the refs always screw them over

Firestormpaintball Team Fierce
Old 05-23-2006, 06:19 PM #50
brianthehulk
AKA The Thing

So there are only two kinds of players? sissies and wanna be tough guys?
Hyped up is one thing, talking about shooting a guy in the face at his car is another, Ive heard this type of talk numerous times. Is someone a sissie because they dont cuss? are you tough because you do?
Let your play speak for you, simple, the toughest guys never tell you how tough they are, the greatest never say how great, well except Ali.
And by you, I dont mean you Jake, just players in general.
Brian

Team Illuminati Paintball PSP/NPPL
Old 05-23-2006, 06:25 PM #51
silentwanderer
My Bologna has a 1st name

silentwanderer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
silentwanderer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
silentwanderer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by P8ntballa18
I just want to say that the XSV player did wipe the paint off of him, right when he reached for the flag. I was seated in the V.I.P. Section and from there we had the best view. XSV cheats. So does everyone else. Get over it. Period.
I guess it might not have been so bad if it hadn't been so blatant. He might as well have wiped his arm, grabbed the flag, done the robot and wiped his bum with the flag in front of the crowd. From my seat in the VIP tent, it was way obvious and the Rage fans/friends/family in the bleachers were none too happy.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:53 PM #52
subtract_5
red ryder FTW!

subtract_5 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
yea! dynasty shouldnt have got a perfect game...

the joy divison play totally blasted rocky knuth after he did a run through on matty marshal!

I miss the days of OG Gridlock and Trauma
Old 05-24-2006, 12:32 AM #53
Leggo_my_EGO
d.train™

Leggo_my_EGO is an NCPA player
Leggo_my_EGO plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoubleop
The moral of the story is that XSV sucks and that Rage is awesome lol
rather the moral of the story is XSV is better at cheating and you're just jealous
Old 05-24-2006, 04:53 AM #54
Papa J

I would......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzump
Papa i can not go into details with out upsetting my friends, but if i had the ability to tell you what one of the Swedish refs told one of the pro captains after the game and then again after the tournament i think Sweden would disown him, as a matter of fact i KNOW Sweden would disown him. It was the worst thing i think i have ever heard in by brief 4 yeears involved in paintball and it was brought to Chucks attention.
Love to hear thoose details.....or a name who it was... ;-)
But either way if u had ONE bad experience with a swede ref.... (and as u said urself: sweden would disown him.... ) dont make remarks 4 all the refs from 1 nation... Im sure that u have some terrible example .... And im gonna find out soon.... Until then try to play as fair as possible otherwise u cant throw dirt around....
Cuz I would really see a player stand up and say.... I play fair but the refs took the game from me.... and be serious about it...
EVERYBODY cheats and u got no chance in hell to catch every1... and the whole PB game is changing into an even faster style... then its gonna be even harder 4 the refs... And all players do their best to exploit it ... to the max.... Of course they do otherwise they would never win a tournament... i have no solution 4 this .. but instant replays, pro refs better organisation is a few pointers....

Peace Papa J
Old 05-24-2006, 09:00 AM #55
Shad3 (Banned)

Shad3 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoubleop
Like I say all the team

Miami Rage > XSV
ROFFLE...yeah to bad they never beat them, UAPL, NPPL, PSP all belong to xsv, weather you like it or not, xsv is way to much for rage to handle

btw, ive noticed every single person that is fighting for rage is from miami/flordia, AKA biased stories everywhere, and u babies need to get the **** over it or GTFO of life, just like your mommies told you in 7th grade, life isnt fair, refs arent perfect, get the **** over it and stop crying....
Old 05-24-2006, 09:21 AM #56
Bzump

Get your facts right. Rage has beat XSV in the NPPL and their games always come down to one on ones against Travis who owns them in one on ones. You should stop talking smack. I have numerous friends on XSV and i never bad mouth them. So don't bad mouth Rage. On top of everything if you are going to do it go up to a Rage player and due to his face don't hide behind the computer.
STR8KILLAS
Old 05-24-2006, 09:28 AM #57
Bzump

Papa you are correct in your assesment. As a pro captain i have some say at the captains meetings. I can assure you one thing this does have to change and your solutions seem to be the right ones. If yu go to NPPL.tv right now and read what it says for Boston i think the NPPL has acknowledged the fact that there needs to be a change.

and this shade guy it is idiots like hime that turn this into a dirty flame war that will have no part of.

so Papa again i am sorry for stereotyping, but it has just happened to us so many times. So if you have a chance in Boston introduce yourself to me so i can thank you for your honesty.

Art
STR8KILLAS
Old 05-24-2006, 11:06 AM #58
Nexus - Leigh

The reffing on the NPPL field was pretty bad, Nexus got a three for one for an "attempted wipe", the judge didn't even give our guy a chance to stand up to call himself out.

what really grated was they lost count and actually took one extra player too many !!!!

at the time we were G3 up against the ironmen and had all the spots on the field. We spoke to the ironmen afterwards as they wanted to know what the hell happened, one minute they were getting their a$$e$ handed to them, next minute everyone in blue stood up and walked out.

Same thing against Rage, another three for one, our player went to trade out with a rage guy, for some reason our player was wiped down and told to play on, so not surprisingly he did.

Another ref ran from the other side of the field and pulled him plus three of us out for him playing on.

but I guess that's paintball eh ? my a$$ it is, that's just bull$hit reffing, and yes I agree it's a hard thankless job, but if you don't think you can handle it, then don't reff. It costs us way too much money to fly over to see you guys in the states five times a year to be screwed like this.

I too was sitting in the VIP area watching the Rage v. XSV game, I do truely feel sorry for Rage going out that way.

still see you all in Boston

Leigh - Nexus
Old 05-24-2006, 11:20 AM #59
tru_baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus - Leigh
The reffing on the NPPL field was pretty bad, Nexus got a three for one for an "attempted wipe", the judge didn't even give our guy a chance to stand up to call himself out.

what really grated was they lost count and actually took one extra player too many !!!!

at the time we were G3 up against the ironmen and had all the spots on the field. We spoke to the ironmen afterwards as they wanted to know what the hell happened, one minute they were getting their a$$e$ handed to them, next minute everyone in blue stood up and walked out.

Same thing against Rage, another three for one, our player went to trade out with a rage guy, for some reason our player was wiped down and told to play on, so not surprisingly he did.

Another ref ran from the other side of the field and pulled him plus three of us out for him playing on.

but I guess that's paintball eh ? my a$$ it is, that's just bull$hit reffing, and yes I agree it's a hard thankless job, but if you don't think you can handle it, then don't reff. It costs us way too much money to fly over to see you guys in the states five times a year to be screwed like this.

I too was sitting in the VIP area watching the Rage v. XSV game, I do truely feel sorry for Rage going out that way.

still see you all in Boston

Leigh - Nexus

i was wondering y u guys were walking off that game as well cause i saw the 3 for 1 then another got pulled... was kinda messed up, hopefully u guys will do better in boston and have decent refs for everyone there
Old 05-24-2006, 11:27 AM #60
heyyouguesswho
More bounce per ounce...

heyyouguesswho is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad3
btw, ive noticed every single person that is fighting for rage is from miami/flordia, AKA biased stories everywhere, and u babies need to get the **** over it or GTFO of life, just like your mommies told you in 7th grade, life isnt fair, refs arent perfect, get the **** over it and stop crying....
I'm from Iowa and I support Rage all the way! Had I seen this thread earlier, I'd have jumped into the middle of it.

Bzump, you the man!

-Mac
Old 05-24-2006, 12:28 PM #61
alivAmadA
SIX SIX S1CK

alivAmadA is a Supporting Member
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that Rage gets shafted on alot of calls? But they still make it to finals because they are pimps!!!

FREE SPHERE
Old 05-24-2006, 01:00 PM #62
Shad3 (Banned)

Shad3 is a Supporting Member
look, im not trying to rack on rage, im just saying, cheating is very common, everyone does it, rage, xsv, dynasty...reffs aren't perfect people, and u guys need to stop coming online and complaining, so the refs blew it, that means in some other game sometime rage will get calls in their favor that they deserve
Old 05-24-2006, 01:06 PM #63
Bzump

Rage will never get calls in their favor

Leigh the 3 for 1 was a big help to us. You guys are playing great and should do some things this year.

Alivamada is from So-Cal not Miami and he looks like a Rage suporter
STR8KILLAS