Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-07-2011, 03:50 PM #43
Tapper

has been a member for 10 years
Posted this in another thread, feel its appropriate here as well.

"As an Affiliate to the PSP we are 100% in the corner of the PSP. NPPL is in for a rude awakening when they try to pull off RaceTo Formats. In my opinion the PSP is the best ran league in the world with the most comprehensive and fair classification system to insure fair play. Sure the format is important but it's the intangibles that really matter. The professionalism and quality of the PSP events is why the PSP is the #1 league in the World."

Edit: just to clarify the rude awakening comment. I know 1st hand, it was a tough transition for our league and we had the support of APPA and the PSP. Without the scoring programs and training I can't imagine taking it on again.

Email: dtapp@me.com
NPA Website: www.npaevents.com
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.com

Last edited by Tapper : 12-07-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2011, 04:21 PM #44
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
I haven't played in the UWL yet, and I really look forward to it this year!
You're gonna have more fun than you know what to do with. jusayin'
Old 12-07-2011, 06:29 PM #45
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeentchianGod View Post
You're gonna have more fun than you know what to do with. jusayin'
UWL is a BLAST!!!!! Agree 100%

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/
http://www.chipleymachine.com/
https://www.facebook.com/jt.inmanl
onepumpchump13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:41 PM #46
neverenuf

neverenuf owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I thinkt he race to format is alot more fun and is a great idea for NPPL. Im just curious on how many cases of paint were gonna need now...DAMN
Old 12-07-2011, 08:07 PM #47
***MINIONS*** (Banned)

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2paintballr View Post

EDIT: i know your a die hard nppl supporter and im not sure if its cause you work for em or sponsored by em or whatever the case may be, i see you always defending the nppl to the craziest extent, but im just saying psp would never let me play d4 next year
You are correct I do defend the NPPL to the fullest extent of my power. I love the NPPL. No I do not work for the NPPL I am just a die hard fan and have supported the league for years now. I know it may seem trivial to most people out there and Im sure I will get flamed, but the reason I am such a supporter is because of the people. I have made friends with NPPL players all over the country. I can go to any event in NPPL and shake hundreds of hands. I could call up teams from Boston, California, Chicago, etc. and find a place to sleep in any given location. The main thing that I enjoy about NPPL players is that they are decent people with class. They do not go in other leagues threads to rip apart, mock, ridicule, and spread rumors about other leagues. Just take a look in the PSP threads. I just do not get it. Even if every NPPL supporter out there is an idiot and an unskilled dreamer (as psp players would have you think) they still love their league. They never start any **** with PSP players in their own threads. So do us a favor, stay in your own god damn threads, stop running your mouths, stop spreading b.s. rumors, and let the best league win.

Last edited by ***MINIONS*** : 12-07-2011 at 08:09 PM.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:31 PM #48
d2paintballr
Nor*Cal

d2paintballr plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
I love paintball i just hate to see a league ruin the sport by focusing too much on taking control of the market instead of improving the intregrity of the sport itself
d2paintballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:57 PM #49
weese4003
GCPF

weese4003 is a founding member
 plays in the NXL
weese4003 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
weese4003 plays in the APPA D3 division
sorry to interrupt...but does anyone know the prices for the race to format or have they not posted them yet?
weese4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:22 PM #50
***MINIONS*** (Banned)

they havent posted them yet.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:31 PM #51
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Deimus85 supports DLX Technology
I met all my paintball friends at both PSP and NPPL tournaments. I think it has more to do with being a good person and not what league you play. I don't think that either league produces more or less "internet trolls/slanderers" than the other. Please don't generalize the entirety of the PSP's players on the foolishness of a small percentage.

I will say this, our sport's main demographic is 16-24 year old males. They act the way they do, and it appears to just be a fact of paintball.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:02 PM #52
hunter23j

hunter23j plays in the PSP
hunter23j owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hunter23j plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2paintballr View Post
What u dont understand is that i have played almost 30 tournaments nationally/regionally and podiumed in more then 50% of them ranging from d3-d2 but because nppl doesnt have an accurate ranking system they'd allow me to play d4. Hell i could play d4 next year in nppl cause i have yet to play anoter nppl since hb last year. Even though i played d2 all season in wcppl and 3 podiums and a 1st place. There should either be a unified ranking system or nppl should pay to gain access to their records because its very easy to sandbag the nppl if all you've ever played was tournaments that are ranked in appa. Oh i got about 12 tournaments on idpro too lol, and those dont show up anywhere else. So honestly, i havent said appa is perfect but its much more accurate then nppa. If idpro/appa/nppa combined records and started a unified ranking system i think it'd be a lot better. I was just trying to throw an example out though to reveal how flawed it is

EDIT: i know your a die hard nppl supporter and im not sure if its cause you work for em or sponsored by em or whatever the case may be, i see you always defending the nppl to the craziest extent, but im just saying psp would never let me play d4 next year
It would be very nice if all leagues shared their data as far as rankings and players history.
Think before you act.
Thinking is the hardest thing there is, that's why so few people do it.

Team Tempo
hunter23j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:50 AM #53
paintsprayerrr

paintsprayerrr plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
paintsprayerrr plays in the APPA D1 division
The nppa is a new system. It will eventually get there or it will be replaced.
paintsprayerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:18 PM #54
tsoob

tsoob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tsoob is for the Gunfight
love the race to changes.
tsoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:38 PM #55
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Reasons I dont play PSP:

1) I dont have a billion dollars to play each event
2) Sideline coaching..... AHAHAAH!!!
3) Sideline coaching.....
4) I dont have a billion dollars to play each event
5) 7man is better than Xball imo

There are still many many people that will agree NPPL has better formats. I really just cant stand Xball, though Id probably play the NPPL version they are introducing this season. Can you guess why based on my 5 reasons above? XD
Old 01-16-2012, 02:19 PM #56
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
Looking strictly at the numbers, sure the NPPL is a smaller league than the PSP, but to say that it'd be better for the sport if they just went away is ridiculous. You have to look at the things they do outside of just the teams they pull in, they get outside sponsors and IMO, have a better draw to their tournaments compared to the PSP. I know location counts, but when I was in Vegas this past year, I had a bunch of people asking me if the tournament was still going on because they wanted to watch. So they're drawing some outside interest.

There's still a lot of teams that want to play 7 man and enjoy the format the NPPL offers compared to what the PSP has. Both are great leagues and if you knew what to look for in what makes a league successful, you'd know that, too.
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:19 PM #57
***MINIONS*** (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dion View Post
So I guess the NPPL idea of success is to just keep trying to be PSP.
Can you define the PSP please? In the last five years they have changed ROF four times, they have extended the size of the field, they changed from unlimited points to x amount of points, they got rid of penalty boxes in divisional leagues, they got rid of most of the coaching, they eliminated two halves, they have changed the bunker positioning (fewer lane blockers and bigger bunkers in the rear), and they cut the time frame per match down by a lot. My point is what are we trying to imitate? It seems to me like PSP doesnt even have a set design.

Second if you read the article the NPPL is adopting the Millenium series of play, not the PSP.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:50 PM #58
The Dion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
Can you define the PSP please? In the last five years they have changed ROF four times, they have extended the size of the field, they changed from unlimited points to x amount of points, they got rid of penalty boxes in divisional leagues, they got rid of most of the coaching, they eliminated two halves, they have changed the bunker positioning (fewer lane blockers and bigger bunkers in the rear), and they cut the time frame per match down by a lot. My point is what are we trying to imitate? It seems to me like PSP doesnt even have a set design.

Second if you read the article the NPPL is adopting the Millenium series of play, not the PSP.
Thats right. PSP makes changes and there team count grows. There tournament count grows and the company slowly grows without outside sponsorship. Even during the worst economic crisis since the great depression. They grow by virtue of creating a better product and it shows. NPPL just keeps dumping more and more money into a dyeing league. Seriously. How many times does the NPPL have to go under before people realize that it is the people running the thing that don't know they are doing? If that league is so wonderful . How do they go broke? You can read all the articles you want kid, what are they going to do? Come right out and say we are copying the PSP. I don't think so. Either way, some people are just too blind to see the writing on the wall. But, whatever ....keep playing NPPL. The world needs amateurs too.
The Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:02 PM #59
***MINIONS*** (Banned)

Quote:
Thats right. PSP makes changes and there team count grows. There tournament count grows and the company slowly grows without outside sponsorship. Even during the worst economic crisis since the great depression. They grow by virtue of creating a better product and it shows. NPPL just keeps dumping more and more money into a dyeing league. Seriously. How many times does the NPPL have to go under before people realize that it is the people running the thing that don't know they are doing? If that league is so wonderful . How do they go broke? You can read all the articles you want kid, what are they going to do? Come right out and say we are copying the PSP. I don't think so. Either way, some people are just too blind to see the writing on the wall. But, whatever ....keep playing NPPL. The world needs amateurs too.
If you took time to read you would know that the PSP, before this year, lost money and attendance for five years straight. As far as the NPPL the numbers have gone up almost 20% since last year. When you look at competitive national play in the united states only 58% of the players are psp and the rest is NPPL. Not a huge difference in my opinion. Furthermore, if the NPPL is so ****ty and so pointless why are you wasting your time in the NPPL threads? You never see people who play NPPL in the PSP threads stirring the ****. Just play the league you enjoy, show some class, and let the best man win.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:08 PM #60
The Dion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IplayforRelentless View Post
Your ignorance astounds me. Looking strictly at the numbers, sure the NPPL is a smaller league than the PSP, but to say that it'd be better for the sport if they just went away is ridiculous. You have to look at the things they do outside of just the teams they pull in, they get outside sponsors and IMO, have a better draw to their tournaments compared to the PSP. I know location counts, but when I was in Vegas this past year, I had a bunch of people asking me if the tournament was still going on because they wanted to watch. So they're drawing some outside interest.

There's still a lot of teams that want to play 7 man and enjoy the format the NPPL offers compared to what the PSP has. Both are great leagues and if you knew what to look for in what makes a league successful, you'd know that, too.
Maybe you are right but i doubt that going bankrupt is at the top of anyones list of succesful acomplishments. If it is then I will stick with failure. If failure means bigger tournaments, fair reffing, evolving with the demands of the players, and always moving forward then I guess the PSP is one big failure. Yep . I will stick with PSP. You guys have fun on the Titanic. Remember, when the ship goes down "AGAIN" there only so many life jackets.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:11 PM #61
The Dion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
If you took time to read you would know that the PSP, before this year, lost money and attendance for five years straight. As far as the NPPL the numbers have gone up almost 20% since last year. When you look at competitive national play in the united states only 58% of the players are psp and the rest is NPPL. Not a huge difference in my opinion. Furthermore, if the NPPL is so ****ty and so pointless why are you wasting your time in the NPPL threads? You never see people who play NPPL in the PSP threads stirring the ****. Just play the league you enjoy, show some class, and let the best man win.
So you are saying that PSP lost money and attendance last year. Is that correct?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:13 PM #62
The Dion

NPPL up 20% from from what?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:17 PM #63
***MINIONS*** (Banned)

Quote:
So you are saying that PSP lost money and attendance last year. Is that correct?
according to lane wright, yes they decreased in money and attendance meaning there was a loss. funny how you quoted me on that, but not my last sentence:
Just play the league you enjoy, show some class, and let the best man win.