PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-04-2012, 07:17 PM #1
rexisme

has been a member for 10 years
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Luxe 2.0 packaging.....

Alright, I received my luxe 2.0 today. I purchased it brand new. I have some quick questions about packaging.

When you received your luxe, did it have a paper manual? Like a hard copy or only a cd?

I thought a quick reference pull out card was included? or did I make that up? I see it on the cd manual but I have no actual copy in my hands.

Was the feathertouch system already installed?

Does the battery come with a certain % level already?
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 PM #2
DeMoK
Pretty Much Pro

DeMoK supports DLX Technology
My brand new 2.0 -

75% battery
Feathertouch screw not installed
CD manual
Quick reference card with the settings
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 PM #3
rexisme

Ok.... so then I have every right to be a little bit upset at the fact I paid $1500+ tax/shipping for this gun and it came with; no hard copy of a manual, no quick reference chart for settings, and the feathertouch already installed. ... At least I think its installed? It is not in the storage area. Do you have to sink the feathertouch completely in all the way? If I put the allen key where its supposed to go I am finding something which I am assuming is the feathertouch...
Old 10-04-2012, 08:16 PM #4
bushhog750

bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMoK View Post
My brand new 2.0 -

75% battery
Feathertouch screw not installed
CD manual
Just got mine today and it had all of the above.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 PM #5
rexisme

Well, thats irritating.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 PM #6
bushhog750

bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i can fax, email or something you the other sheet or something if it will help you. the gun tells you the same thing the sheet does really. Did you get the feathertouch card.

Last edited by bushhog750 : 10-04-2012 at 08:43 PM.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM #7
rexisme

They offered to send me the card and manual, I believe. I can also print it off at work on our huge printer. But they insist that it was in the box when it was shipped. Which irritates me more, like they're calling me a liar. Thank you for your help though.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 PM #8
DeMoK
Pretty Much Pro

Mine did not come with a hard copy of a manual.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:34 PM #9
naughty88

plays in the NXL
naughty88 donated to help Peyton Trent
naughty88 supports DLX Technology
naughty88 supports Shocker RSX
naughty88 supports Ninja Paintball
ALL 60 luxes I have bought this year have come with the following.

75-100 percent battery
Feather touch screw installed
CD.
Warranty card
Tools
USB cable
2 inserts.

It comes set to work out of the box. No complaints here with all my 1500 plus purchases I have made this year with DLX
APX Paintballs, Shocker Paintball, UNDR Industries, Push Paintball, Nike Paintball
Exalt, Contract Killer,Pbnation
Diamond Hill Paintball Park, Powerhouse, Virtue Paintball
OLED Luxe For Sale
naughty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 PM #10
naughty88

plays in the NXL
naughty88 donated to help Peyton Trent
naughty88 supports DLX Technology
naughty88 supports Shocker RSX
naughty88 supports Ninja Paintball
If you need help setting it up, hit me a PM. More than willing to help or answer any questions you have!
APX Paintballs, Shocker Paintball, UNDR Industries, Push Paintball, Nike Paintball
Exalt, Contract Killer,Pbnation
Diamond Hill Paintball Park, Powerhouse, Virtue Paintball
OLED Luxe For Sale
naughty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 PM #11
fishballer06
ShockerRepair

fishballer06 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
fishballer06 supports Shocker RSX
I too have purchased 15+ Luxes in the past year and they have all came with the items listed above.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:58 PM #12
rexisme

Well, since I have 2 people saying that technically 75+ luxes they have seen have come with the feathertouch installed, that makes me feel better the gun isn't "used". I just read on the parts breakdown that the feathertouch is not installed. I did read that they are setup to shoot right out of the box....

Like, I said, it was more the fact they were like "it was there when it shipped" I notified them within 15 minutes of fedex dropping the package off at my door. Its like seriously, I just bought a gun that cost that much and I'm going to try to rip off a settings card and a hard manual, really? pshhh...
Old 10-05-2012, 01:16 AM #13
rubenpr79
Principe

rubenpr79 plays in the PSP
rubenpr79 is Boss
rubenpr79 supports DLX Technology
rubenpr79 supports Ninja Paintball
it should come with a cd and a double sheet manual. feathertouch is better IN than OUT so why complaint about it and battery level is hard to tell cause every gun is different and you dont know how long it being sitting at the factory !!!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:48 AM #14
rexisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenpr79 View Post
it should come with a cd and a double sheet manual. feathertouch is better IN than OUT so why complaint about it and battery level is hard to tell cause every gun is different and you dont know how long it being sitting at the factory !!!
I know its better IN than OUT.

My complaint is, the factory manual stated I should have to put it in. The only reason I could see it being put in is for someone (by someone I mean person at the store) to shoot the gun, test the gun,use the gun etc. The gun can be tested without the feathertouch in. If they come that way from the factory, cool, they tested it to make sure it works. I thought thats all the factory did to ensure the gun works, air it up and shoot it, not install the feathertouch. I did not know they have been coming with it installed.

I see no reason for a store or someone else to put it in unless they are using the gun. Which, in my eyes, if you are buying a brand new gun, someone else shouldn't be playing with it before you get it.

Its kind of like buying a brand new car. Sure when I bought my Silverado I could of went with the one on their lot w/ 300 miles and saved some coin. Or I could of bought used and saved a few thousand. But, I wanted brand new, so I waited and paid more for one w/ delivery truck mileage on it.

Kind of relates to this gun, sure I could of bought a used one or slightly used one for around 1200... But, I wanted one that noone else has used/owned so I bought it new.

I think I'm a little bitter about it because its the second gun i've bought in 2 weeks that I feel like I kind of got screwed on. I buy things brand new and pay the premium of brand new because I want brand new things
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 AM #15
Pympologee
Armed Force ROK #13

Pympologee has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pympologee has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pympologee has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Pympologee supports DLX Technology
I didn't get the double settings card. And I had a nick on the paint next to the serial and "f" stamp. But it's no biggie to me. Don't let that ruin your experience of owning such a great creation.

One thing I've learned over the years is that no matter how "elite" or luxurious something is (usually only because of price anyway), there is no perfect product. Look at the Ferrari's that keep catching fire. I saw a Bentley missing the "B" on one of it's wheel caps. My BMW had a brake light fall right off, and the "Premium Sound iPod" package that cost more than my Luxe, performs worse than my last Kenwood stereo in my Honda. Trust me, it's not worth stressing.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 AM #16
godraep
FapAttackV.1

godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
I know its better IN than OUT.

My complaint is, the factory manual stated I should have to put it in. The only reason I could see it being put in is for someone (by someone I mean person at the store) to shoot the gun, test the gun,use the gun etc. The gun can be tested without the feathertouch in. If they come that way from the factory, cool, they tested it to make sure it works. I thought thats all the factory did to ensure the gun works, air it up and shoot it, not install the feathertouch. I did not know they have been coming with it installed.

I see no reason for a store or someone else to put it in unless they are using the gun. Which, in my eyes, if you are buying a brand new gun, someone else shouldn't be playing with it before you get it.

Its kind of like buying a brand new car. Sure when I bought my Silverado I could of went with the one on their lot w/ 300 miles and saved some coin. Or I could of bought used and saved a few thousand. But, I wanted brand new, so I waited and paid more for one w/ delivery truck mileage on it.

Kind of relates to this gun, sure I could of bought a used one or slightly used one for around 1200... But, I wanted one that noone else has used/owned so I bought it new.

I think I'm a little bitter about it because its the second gun i've bought in 2 weeks that I feel like I kind of got screwed on. I buy things brand new and pay the premium of brand new because I want brand new things
You are quite literally complaining about a piece of paper... and that they had the screw in. Did you buy direct from DLX? Was the case in shrink wrap when you got it, because they come like that from DLX. If it wasn't wrapped then more than likely the store you bought it from opened it, feather touch was installed on my sealed in the box 2.0.

Included was everything listed above, there isnt a hard manual, just a cd manual and the settings card.

Last edited by godraep : 10-05-2012 at 09:29 AM.
godraep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 AM #17
kellan

kellan is playing at Living Legends VI
kellan owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports DLX Technology
Just got my new luxe yesterday.

75% battery
Feathertouch screw installed
CD manual
kellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:31 AM #18
ccruz99
Naval Surface Warfare

ccruz99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ccruz99 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
ccruz99 supports DLX Technology
got my new luxe a month ago.

75% battery
Feathertouch screw installed (I assume)
CD manual
warranty card that tells me to register online; DLX said their website would be updated 2 weeks ago, but still not able to register online.
feathertouch reference card

Gun worked great right out of the box, I'm happy.

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13
ccruz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:44 AM #19
DeMoK
Pretty Much Pro

Weird that my feathertouch screw wasn't installed. 1-2 month old 2.0.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:47 PM #20
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
BELOWZERO supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty88 View Post
ALL 60 luxes I have bought this year have come with the following.

75-100 percent battery
Feather touch screw installed
CD.
Warranty card
Tools
USB cable
2 inserts.

It comes set to work out of the box. No complaints here with all my 1500 plus purchases I have made this year with DLX
Ive had that only 2/3 of my nib 2.0s, on one of them the ft screw wasnt installed which made it shoot like poo

Indy Battleground Paintball
Freelancers
RIP Dan Voils
900-999-999
BELOWZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:14 PM #21
rexisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by godraep View Post
You are quite literally complaining about a piece of paper... and that they had the screw in. Did you buy direct from DLX? Was the case in shrink wrap when you got it, because they come like that from DLX. If it wasn't wrapped then more than likely the store you bought it from opened it, feather touch was installed on my sealed in the box 2.0.

Included was everything listed above, there isnt a hard manual, just a cd manual and the settings card.
I am quite literally complaining that I bought something that was "brand new". I didnt buy something that was LNIB, if you are charging me the brand new premium, I expect it to come exactly how it should from the company. I dont care if one of the workers is directed to take a **** in the box before it gets sent out. That ****ing turd better be in the box when I pay you a premium for it.

Lets break it down....
Gun comes sealed from factory- wasn't sealed
Gun comes with settings card- no card
Manual says I have to install feathertouch- already installed
The anno where you pull out the powercore is rubbed, as if it has been pulled and closed several times
Battery level- everyone else has stated it has shipped at 75%. I was just making sure they dont ship at 100% because it is proven that Li ion batt do not lose that much power over time. If they would of shiped at 100% the remaining theory of it being not necessarily "used" but used would stand...