Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-28-2012, 10:06 PM #1
Rapier7
Smarter than you

has been a member for 10 years
I'm increasingly coming to the conclusion that abortion is wrong

http://www.polksheriff.org/NewsRoom/...ewbornSon.aspx

14 year old girl smothers her infant son immediately after giving birth to him. She's currently charged with 1st degree murder and child abuse.

This wouldn't have been a story had she simply gotten an abortion, but if she did, the same end result would have occurred and the motive still stays the same: she didn't want the kid so she got rid of it.

I used to be pro choice but I think I've finally come around to the pro-life side. We should ban abortion. Instead of giving the woman a choice whether to carry the child to term or not, give them the choice of giving away the baby (and absolving themselves of legal responsibility) to become a ward of the state. If it happens again, she can give the baby away again but must then undergo sterilization.
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2012, 10:17 PM #2
shakeyjonez
Pro Life Pro GOD Pro Guns

I too was pro choice before I became educated on abortion. It's horrible what people are capable of.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:19 PM #3
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Location doesn't equal "life"...

A baby is still a baby even if it is in the womb or out of it. A society that kills a baby is a flawed society, that doesn't value humanity.

Follow Trails of Doom on Instagram,
twitter, facebook and youtube
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:21 PM #4
F1VENOM

A baby exists only after birth.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:34 PM #5
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Only if you have a liberalbotomy...

Of course a baby in the womb is a baby.

When my wife was pregnant, I talked to my kids in her belly often. When they were born, the doctor handed me my child and I talked to her and instantly she got quiet and looked up at me. Because she KNEW my voice...

But, in your mind, that was just a lump of tissue?...

Get with reality dude.

Follow Trails of Doom on Instagram,
twitter, facebook and youtube
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:34 PM #6
Frank101
legit legit legit

Frank101 is a Supporting Member
Frank101 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Frank101 plays in the APPA D5 division
Our laws are wacky. A doctor can be sued and tried for double manslaughter (or whatever the actual accidental charge is for killing two people) if s/he accidentally kills the fetus in the womb and the mother. Where as a pregnant woman can choose to abort and not be charged with manslaughter. I guess the rational is who holds the gun or choice.

Is killing an embryo the same as killing a fetus a min before birth, as well as 1 min after birth?

People who argue pro-choice rarely give a solid answer as to when life starts and deserves human rights. I for one still don't support one side over the other, though I lean pro-life. better yet,
"Originally posted by pokenose: We quit doing that secret Santa thing after the black guy got a bucket of fried chicken, watermelon jolly ranchers, a bottle of colt 45 and a cotton scented candle then someone else got a ball of that free twine you tie down your items with at ikea and a vibrator so you can go **** yourself if you didn't like the twine."
Frank101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:36 PM #7
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Definition of murder:
Quote:
The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another
Definition of human:
Quote:
any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage
A decent discussion on yahoo answers about it.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1111247AAYJUbt

Murder is defined as killing a human. A human is defined as someone who can think, speak, etc. and a baby can barely do any of those. Especially at only a few weeks.

In other words, kill the bastards before they end up being born and have ****ty lives. There are plenty enough orphans in this world already. Why add more? **** giving someone a poor hand of cards. I'd rather have been aborted that have been born by some 16 year old whore who gave me up for adoption and I spent my whole life being a little angsty *****.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:41 PM #8
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Who cares? as I hae pointed out 6.5 BILLION people and counting on this planet, if a few hundred thousand are never born every year, its not going to make a impact.

Pro-abortion all the way, we need FORCED abortions so folks like...well a good 1/4 of the foolish who waste their time on believing in some kind of "god" are taken out.

For that matter, what makes it so wrong to have an abortion?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:48 PM #9
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Only if you have a liberalbotomy...
What is that, exactly? Is this performed by liberal overlords.

Quote:
Of course a baby in the womb is a baby.
Your logic is infallible, sir.

Quote:
When my wife was pregnant, I talked to my kids in her belly often. When they were born, the doctor handed me my child and I talked to her and instantly she got quiet and looked up at me. Because she KNEW my voice...

But, in your mind, that was just a lump of tissue?...

Get with reality dude.
You're confusing a baby with a fetus, again.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 09-28-2012, 10:50 PM #10
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
You're confusing a baby with a fetus, again.
You realise you are arguing with someone who puts all his energy and "faith" into believing in something you can not see, hear, touch, taste, or even make a credible theory based on facts about?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:07 PM #11
Rapier7
Smarter than you

Quote:
Right. And if a woman carries a zygote to term, most likely she's going to end up with a baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
Definition of murder:

Definition of human:

A decent discussion on yahoo answers about it.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1111247AAYJUbt

Murder is defined as killing a human. A human is defined as someone who can think, speak, etc. and a baby can barely do any of those. Especially at only a few weeks.

In other words, kill the bastards before they end up being born and have ****ty lives. There are plenty enough orphans in this world already. Why add more? **** giving someone a poor hand of cards. I'd rather have been aborted that have been born by some 16 year old whore who gave me up for adoption and I spent my whole life being a little angsty *****.
Are you for universal health care or a financial safety net? Those are issues about human rights. Abortion is the ultimate human rights issue, because that zygote will turn into a baby.

Nobody has the choice of being born into the world. But it seems once they are, they cling onto life for as long as possible. People obviously like living. And saying you'd prefer to be aborted rather than living as a ward of the state is ridiculous. You have no way of really knowing. It's essentially saying the same thing as "I'd rather be aborted than born black".
Old 09-28-2012, 11:36 PM #12
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

I hate the "it is the womans choice" argument. She made her "Choice" when she decided to have sex, which has been scientifically proven to result in babies.

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:00 AM #13
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
You realise you are arguing with someone who puts all his energy and "faith" into believing in something you can not see, hear, touch, taste, or even make a credible theory based on facts about?
I know, but if we can teach something to a lurker, it makes it all worth it. Use that whole proselytizing thing against them.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:17 AM #14
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank101 View Post
Our laws are wacky. A doctor can be sued and tried for double manslaughter (or whatever the actual accidental charge is for killing two people) if s/he accidentally kills the fetus in the womb and the mother. Where as a pregnant woman can choose to abort and not be charged with manslaughter. I guess the rational is who holds the gun or choice.
No ****ing **** who holds the gun makes a big difference. Shooting yourself in the head is WORLDS different from shooting someone else in the head. It's it is a HUGE difference, practically as huge as can possibly be.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:27 AM #15
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafari Makonnen View Post
I hate the "it is the womans choice" argument. She made her "Choice" when she decided to have sex, which has been scientifically proven to result in babies.
So you have no issue in telling another human being what they are allowed to do? You could stare a woman straight in the face and tell her "You HAVE TO have this child."

And then what when they don't? Put them in jail? Fine them? Laughable...
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:42 AM #16
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Well that was a ****ed up story

But as long as you let a doctor kill your baby instead of yourself it should be ok. Anyone who says it's one small step away from infanticide is just oppressive to women and wants to see them barefoot

Last edited by SupraSuper : 09-29-2012 at 10:45 AM.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:08 PM #17
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

That's pretty strange to hear from a Muslim.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:17 PM #18
yesme

I'm down to say no to abortion when you clowns are down to pick up the welfare tab. Funny how you ***** about paying for the kid that you MADE them have......idiots.
yesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:30 PM #19
LOL Renegade

It should absolutely be illegal under every circumstance.

It's not a religious issue, it's a personal responsibility issue. Don't expect entitlements to help you out if you have that kid either. If you had sex and can't handle the responsibility that comes with it, then I guess you and your kid are both starving and then promptly expiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Once again the sexually deviant, pederasting, Communist manages to make me LOL hard.

You realize that when you have tangible proof of something, it's no longer based on faith, right?
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:41 PM #20
Frank101
legit legit legit

Frank101 is a Supporting Member
Frank101 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Frank101 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
No ****ing **** who holds the gun makes a big difference. Shooting yourself in the head is WORLDS different from shooting someone else in the head. It's it is a HUGE difference, practically as huge as can possibly be.
I shoot your kid in the face, that's bad I go to jail. You shoot your own kid, that's fine nothing to see here? I pay a doctor to "botch" a delivery, I'm the father than what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesme View Post
I'm down to say no to abortion when you clowns are down to pick up the welfare tab. Funny how you ***** about paying for the kid that you MADE them have......idiots.
The root of the problem isn;t abortion, its the unintended pregnancy. I can't stand how "religious" people choose not to use protection and have as many kids as they have sex and get government money. Go to your pope and ask for money from them since they are the ones to told you not to use BC.

And no, it's not anyone else's responsibility to pick up the tab for someone else's kid or mistake.
"Originally posted by pokenose: We quit doing that secret Santa thing after the black guy got a bucket of fried chicken, watermelon jolly ranchers, a bottle of colt 45 and a cotton scented candle then someone else got a ball of that free twine you tie down your items with at ikea and a vibrator so you can go **** yourself if you didn't like the twine."
Frank101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:48 PM #21
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank101 View Post
And no, it's not anyone else's responsibility to pick up the tab for someone else's kid or mistake.
Oh, but it very well is if the mother can't afford to raise her child.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote