Old 12-06-2011, 05:04 PM #22
shock2k3
get hostile

shock2k3 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
shock2k3 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by IplayforRelentless View Post
I wonder what scheduling will be like and how many fields they'll be running.
They are probly wondering the same thing! This gives teams from the psp the chance to compete in their format (basically) in the nppl. There is a good chance with hb and vegas being some of the furthest west tourneys that they will be HUGE. wich is good and bad, I just hope that whatever they are planning they do it right so they dont piss off a whole bunch of new customers.

and idk what the deal is with keeping 3 divisions in the standard 7 man format... It should be at least a race to 2 or something, but I guess I can see what they were thinking at least a little. you can play d4-d2 5 man race to (maybe 7-8 per team), then the jump to d1 is just about picking up a few more guys. or you can play d4-d2 7 man and the jump is roughly the same, needing a few more people. Add in the thought that the race to five man may not take off too well for them and they dont want to risk losing the customer base they already have of divisional teams that want to play traditional seven man.

I would have just done a race to 2 or 3 max and scheduled less games (4-6) this way atleast their is some unison and there would never be a team that went from like d3 millenium five man to d2 traditional seven man to d1 race to. Nobody should have to change format THAT much as they go through the ranks. at most I would have done d4 seven man and five man as traditional since it is the most simple format for them to learn.
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2011, 05:52 PM #23
wildcat65gt500
Hack the planet!!

wildcat65gt500 plays in the APPA D5 division
wildcat65gt500 supports DLX Technology
Once the formats become identical (its possible) then you may never see a merge but perhaps NPPL would be West coast region and PSP would be East coast region with an ACTUAL series championship at the end.
wildcat65gt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:10 PM #24
PBSAM126
SAM

PBSAM126 supports Team VICIOUS
i love 5 man raceto format no coaching!
ALL SUMMER LONG 4PM - 9PM

Like Midwest Outlaws Paintball Page on Facebook!
PBSAM126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:42 PM #25
lastcallga
npp KILLER

lastcallga plays in the PSP
lastcallga supports Team VICIOUS
7 man race.. Really sounds fun
2011 PSP WORLD CUP D3 champs
2011 PSP season RUNNER UP d3

L A S T C A L L

Last edited by lastcallga : 12-06-2011 at 09:25 PM.
lastcallga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:04 AM #26
hunter23j

hunter23j plays in the PSP
hunter23j owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hunter23j plays in the APPA D4 division
NPPL came out with no coaching. Wow! This is just great. I like the fact that the leagues are trying to make the sport better, by adjusting the formats. It would be interesting to see how PSP adjusts their format this year.
Think before you act.
Thinking is the hardest thing there is, that's why so few people do it.

Team Tempo
hunter23j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:10 AM #27
lastcallga
npp KILLER

lastcallga plays in the PSP
Wish they would adjust pricing.. Would rather play more teams and take less prizes.
2011 PSP WORLD CUP D3 champs
2011 PSP season RUNNER UP d3

L A S T C A L L
lastcallga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:41 AM #28
contractkilla02
dielan

contractkilla02 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL 2
contractkilla02 plays in the APPA D2 division
sooooooooooooo NPPL doesnt wanna merge with PSP, they just want to take there format and try to bring it to there 7man events . this is a fail in my eyes, psp ftw .
Dylan Boyum #21

dielandotcom .
Instagram @dboy_fuzion21
contractkilla02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:18 AM #29
Benjolip

Benjolip plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter23j View Post
NPPL came out with no coaching. Wow! This is just great. I like the fact that the leagues are trying to make the sport better, by adjusting the formats. It would be interesting to see how PSP adjusts their format this year.
They shouldn't do much, nppl added the race-to format because they realize it is more popular.

Washington's Premier Indoor Paintball Field!
Benjolip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:13 AM #30
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Deimus85 supports DLX Technology
Honestly, I am taking this announcement with a grain of salt.

Until the NPPL makes an announcement regarding confirmed infrastructure improvements, all this is currently is big words.

The infrastructure improvements I am referring to:
  • A scheduling, ranking, registration, and roster modification system SIMILAR to the APPA's. I.E. - real time adding and dropping of teams/players. The reason being so that other teams and players can see accurate team lists, whether they are paid, and who is playing.
  • More fields and turf.
  • 10 refs GUARANTEED per field of play.
  • Scoreboard management per field. I.E. Someone dedicated to the computer scoreboard and monitors in the pits.

These kind of improvements are necessary in order to achieve an acceptable tournament to participate in.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:34 AM #31
d2paintballr
Nor*Cal

d2paintballr plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Heres an example of their poor classification system.... Last year i played hb, i went to registration to get an id card, they asked me what rank i was... I said, "i've only played one nppl event since 2010.... They put me down as d4 on my id card as i was registering for d2!!!! And on my appa im ranked d2 i've played 2 full seasons of d2!!! To prevent flaming i never played any more nppls lower then d2 last year even though based on my new nppl rank i easily could of played d4 all year with a couple other of my teammates who received the same rank... This is when i decided nppl ranking is poop. Appa ftw, good luck next season nppl with your 8 divisions and unstable ranking system.
d2paintballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:46 AM #32
***MINIONS*** (Banned)

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
how is the appa any different? you can play d2 all you want, but if you dont do well in any of the events you will still be ranked d4. you played 1 D2 event (didnt take top 4 im guessing?) and you are still ranked D4. the same sandbagging goes for both leagues. there are players playing pro in the NPPL who play d3 in PSP. The NPPL doesnt have access to appa rankings as chris decided to make the rankings private this season. ***** to him if you have an issue.
and does anybody remember when wired got through almost a whole season sandbagging in the PSP? if their system is so great how does something like this happen?
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:05 PM #33
pacasowithagun
SMASH! Now clean it up!!

pacasowithagun owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pacasowithagun is an NCPA National Champion
What is really needed is a unified ranking system. Is there a reason NPPL doesn't use APPA?

Also, by having both 5- and 7-man race to formats, they will be able to pull even more local teams for events, especially if they space them right so as to not be too close to the PSP's tournaments in each respective region.
pacasowithagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:16 PM #34
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
how is the appa any different? you can play d2 all you want, but if you dont do well in any of the events you will still be ranked d4. you played 1 D2 event (didnt take top 4 im guessing?) and you are still ranked D4. the same sandbagging goes for both leagues. there are players playing pro in the NPPL who play d3 in PSP. The NPPL doesnt have access to appa rankings as chris decided to make the rankings private this season. ***** to him if you have an issue.
and does anybody remember when wired got through almost a whole season sandbagging in the PSP? if their system is so great how does something like this happen?
It is very different, and for one to argue against that is silly.

For one, there is history on each player dating back to 2003. It is accurate. I cannot view any past event history specific to a player or team with the NPPL's system. The only time that was possible was the year in 2009 when we had the USPL.

For two, there is a definable ranking structure system based on points. Do well, you move up in ranking. Do poorly, well, why should you move up? It also automatically blocks registration of players and teams in specific divisions based on a specific ranking system.

The rankings are not private. You can look at a specific player's history, with photo identification in order to determine appropriate ranking.

The one thing that you have to keep in mind is the fact that the APPA is NOT a public service. If you do not pay to use the product it offers, why should you be able to benefit from it? Also keep in mind that the NPPL, the PSP, and every other "league" out there are also NOT PUBLIC SERVICES. You have to pay to use their product.

In the end, the NPPL and the PSP offer two similar, but different, products. You and your team's choice to participate in their tournaments is not forced on you, it is a decision that you must make yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacasowithagun View Post
What is really needed is a unified ranking system. Is there a reason NPPL doesn't use APPA?
Because they will be charged financially to use it.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:43 PM #35
***MINIONS*** (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
It is very different, and for one to argue against that is silly.

For one, there is history on each player dating back to 2003. It is accurate. I cannot view any past event history specific to a player or team with the NPPL's system. The only time that was possible was the year in 2009 when we had the USPL.

For two, there is a definable ranking structure system based on points. Do well, you move up in ranking. Do poorly, well, why should you move up? It also automatically blocks registration of players and teams in specific divisions based on a specific ranking system.

The rankings are not private. You can look at a specific player's history, with photo identification in order to determine appropriate ranking.

The one thing that you have to keep in mind is the fact that the APPA is NOT a public service. If you do not pay to use the product it offers, why should you be able to benefit from it? Also keep in mind that the NPPL, the PSP, and every other "league" out there are also NOT PUBLIC SERVICES. You have to pay to use their product.

In the end, the NPPL and the PSP offer two similar, but different, products. You and your team's choice to participate in their tournaments is not forced on you, it is a decision that you must make yourself.

Because they will be charged financially to use it.
three things mike
1) i just looked you up on nppa you are ranked d3 and are wearing a grey beanie and what looks to be a black shirt.
2) i played uspl in 2009 and i cant find anywhere my info on that. perhaps you could find my roster for that event?
3)NPPL didnt ditch appa for financial reasons. they didnt like the ranking system and the way it worked.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:32 PM #36
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Quote:
three things mike
1) i just looked you up on nppa you are ranked d3 and are wearing a grey beanie and what looks to be a black shirt.
2) i played uspl in 2009 and i cant find anywhere my info on that. perhaps you could find my roster for that event?
3)NPPL didnt ditch appa for financial reasons. they didnt like the ranking system and the way it worked.
1. I saw what you were talking about. In regards a specific example of the issue you brought up regarding sandbagging and a flawed ranking system...Don't you think it's flawed that I have played 8 D2 events in the NPPL, never played D3, and somehow I am still ranked D3? Why are none of my past events neither visible or taken into account?
2. http://paintball-players.org/cgi-bin...h39y93kkAnrDTp (Note: The rosters of events over 3 months old are archived, but if we had a direct link to your player profile, which would appear on a new event that you were rostered on, we could see that you played this event).
3. This, combined with the cost that the APPA charges to use it's system, factored into their decision to create their own system. Based on what can be seen, it is an inferior system.

Note: My criticism is not "me bashing the NPPL." It is intended to be constructive in nature in hopes that the NPPL will work to constantly improve its product.

Last edited by Deimus85 : 12-07-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:07 PM #37
***MINIONS*** (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
1. I saw what you were talking about. In regards a specific example of the issue you brought up regarding sandbagging and a flawed ranking system...Don't you think it's flawed that I have played 8 D2 events in the NPPL, never played D3, and somehow I am still ranked D3? Why are none of my past events neither visible or taken into account?
2. http://paintball-players.org/cgi-bin...h39y93kkAnrDTp (Note: The rosters of events over 3 months old are archived, but if we had a direct link to your player profile, which would appear on a new event that you were rostered on, we could see that you played this event).
3. This, combined with the cost that the APPA charges to use it's system, factored into their decision to create their own system. Based on what can be seen, it is an inferior system.

Note: My criticism is not "me bashing the NPPL." It is intended to be constructive in nature in hopes that the NPPL will work to constantly improve its product.
1)well according to appa (the system you prefer) if you didnt do well in d2 then why should you be ranked d3? it goes both way.
2) that link did nothing. lets pretend you work for the NPPL. tell me my roster in dc 2009. This is "the best system" but you cant even use it to look player info up unless theyve played in the last 3 months.
3) i can see what youre saying. it will def take a couple of seasons to perfect, but im glad they dont use the appa system. i personally think its very flawed. now i have have to stop posting before chris comes on here and argues with me for 3 days straight.

ill def let the higher ups know how you feel. constructive criticism always helps.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:14 PM #38
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
Well, to be fair, you can play D2 and not do very well but still do well enough to up your ranking (to D3)

In other words, it shouldn't be set up to where you either place or you remain unranked. If you can beat 4/10 D2 teams (so you are awarded points x multiplier for the division) then your rank may reflect that you should be in D3 where you may can be 6/10 rather than D4 where it could be 8/10
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:40 PM #39
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Quote:
1)well according to appa (the system you prefer) if you didnt do well in d2 then why should you be ranked d3? it goes both way.
2) that link did nothing. lets pretend you work for the NPPL. tell me my roster in dc 2009. This is "the best system" but you cant even use it to look player info up unless theyve played in the last 3 months.
3) i can see what youre saying. it will def take a couple of seasons to perfect, but im glad they dont use the appa system. i personally think its very flawed. now i have have to stop posting before chris comes on here and argues with me for 3 days straight.

ill def let the higher ups know how you feel. constructive criticism always helps.
Before I go any further, your lack of sentence structure, grammar, and ability to form cohesive responses does not help your argument. This tit-for-tat is becoming more off topic and nonsensical.

1. According to the APPA, I should be ranked D2 based on my NPPL history and that alone. I played an average of 2 events a year and placed in the top 50% of each event I played. Even according to the NPPL rules, I should be ranked D2.

Quote:
4.07 Player Rankings: (3) A “D2 Player” is a player that has played or has been on the roster of a D2 Team in two D2
Tournaments or has been on the roster of a National D3 series championship team.
According to the NPPA, Wayne Davis of Arsenal is ranked D1. That clearly goes against their own ranking system rules.

Quote:
(1)!A “Pro Player” is a player that has been on the roster of an NPPL or other National or
International Professional Team in the past 10 years,
or a or International Professional Semi-Pro team in the past 10 years.
I think I see some inconsistencies here.

2. You are right, I would not be able to look up your roster from the DC Open in 2009 I worked for the NPPL. I would not have access to something that I didn't pay for.

3. You have yet to bring up a valid point as to how it is flawed. There is a clear cut points based ranking system, that factors in many different variables. It is a mathematical system that makes sense. It is also a system that's rules, reasoning, and history are accessible to all that are a member of it. This is something I would like to see from the NPPL that has NEVER existed. Transparency in regards to their registration system.

Again, as a disclaimer. I am a supporter of paintball as a whole. Since 2004 I have participated in the NCPA, PSP, NPPL, NEPL, GPL, Millennium, AXBL, USPL, and NYPL. I want to see what is best for paintball as a whole and a continued push to make improvements. I look forward to participating in the NPPL AND the PSP this season.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:50 PM #40
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
You should add UWL.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:55 PM #41
Deimus85
Playground Legend

I haven't played in the UWL yet, and I really look forward to it this year!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:44 PM #42
d2paintballr
Nor*Cal

d2paintballr plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Quote:

What u dont understand is that i have played almost 30 tournaments nationally/regionally and podiumed in more then 50% of them ranging from d3-d2 but because nppl doesnt have an accurate ranking system they'd allow me to play d4. Hell i could play d4 next year in nppl cause i have yet to play anoter nppl since hb last year. Even though i played d2 all season in wcppl and 3 podiums and a 1st place. There should either be a unified ranking system or nppl should pay to gain access to their records because its very easy to sandbag the nppl if all you've ever played was tournaments that are ranked in appa. Oh i got about 12 tournaments on idpro too lol, and those dont show up anywhere else. So honestly, i havent said appa is perfect but its much more accurate then nppa. If idpro/appa/nppa combined records and started a unified ranking system i think it'd be a lot better. I was just trying to throw an example out though to reveal how flawed it is

EDIT: i know your a die hard nppl supporter and im not sure if its cause you work for em or sponsored by em or whatever the case may be, i see you always defending the nppl to the craziest extent, but im just saying psp would never let me play d4 next year

Last edited by d2paintballr : 12-07-2011 at 03:51 PM.
d2paintballr is offline   Reply With Quote