Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 02:03 AM #127
AxleBaller

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangstaB View Post
So let me get this straight........we have one player from Div 1 Ravenous and one player from Div 1 Notorious who have publicly admitted on this forum that they cheat when they play paintball. One of these players even admitted he cheated at BCPPL E1.

So let's think about this issue from purely a business and ethics standpoint:

1. BCPPL: Does the owner of the BCPPL invite Notorious and Ravenous back to his tourneys when these teams have players publicly admitting they cheat? How does he invite teams from Alberta, the Interior or the US to the BCPPL and then knowingly allow teams such as Notorious and Ravenous (with admitted cheaters) to play? How does the owner of the BCPPL try to promote his business/league as a great place to play speedball when he allows teams to compete who have admitted cheaters?

2. Sponsors: I wonder how these team's sponsors (ex. Proto for Ravenous) feel about reading public posts that state players on their teams cheat. I wonder how this will affect paintball businesses associated with these teams if they continue condone cheating and don't do anything about it.

3. Team Captains/Team Organizers: Someone has put a bunch of time and effort into organizing the Ravenous and Notorious teams. And now their teams will be categorized as condoning cheating unless they do something such as remove those players from their team roster

The Future has Two Outcomes for These Teams:
Option 1: Allow these admitted cheaters to continue to play for your team and know that any victory or podium result you achieve will always be held in suspicion by your peers and competitors.
Option 2: Remove these players from your team and then know that any victory or podium result was properly earned and your team will gain alot more respect from the paintball community.

The Proof is Always in the Pudding:
Let's wait to see if these two players are at E2.....if they are, we will know everyone associated with these teams (the teammates, sponsors and team captains etc) all condone cheating!

see now thats the kinda **** i didnt want to happen. way to go.
im guan be 100% honest here. as far as I know noone on team notorious has or will ever cheat in a tourney. i hate to be cheated so why would i cheat? also the only sponcer Notorious has is...well noone. we are Sponcerless. sucks...paintball at the am level is PRICEY!!
Impact Fan#118
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2008, 02:11 PM #128
Maytherman
Appropriate

sooo... uhhh... pictures anywhere yet?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:48 PM #129
Karzac

overshoot?

you can shoot me all you want. this isnt ****ing water polo, thats almost as funny as a ufc fighter saying im going to over punch you to his opponent.

maybe you can accept that now, or when it's happening, either way lesson learned.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:05 PM #130
Maytherman
Appropriate

about all this cheating business... I hate the fact that it happens, but I just view it as part of the game. I honestly don't remember the last time I knowingly "cheated" in a tournament or at practice, but cheating by players is going to happen regardless. Ya it sucks, and ya it makes you want to beat the **** out of that player sometimes, but it's going to happen. For as long as I have been playing paintball, i've come to learn that overshooting, bad ref calls, and wiping/playing on are just part of paintball and non-avoidable. I just strive to be better that any other player on the field so even when that player cheats, I will shoot him until he decides to get out. If they won't call themselves out on a hit, make them WANT to get out
Old 04-27-2008, 07:58 PM #131
fifthplanecomin
Feel the Hate

fifthplanecomin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wow, this thread went into a neat direction.

SVP vs IDK

The crowd boo'd from the show on field of a IDK player giving extra love into the back of a SVP player where no huge penalties were called after the fact.

That's what they saw with their eyes.

What four reffs on the field saw with their eyes is the SVP spin and the extra shots given to the clean and live IDK player after the SVP player was shot out.

Sorry but it's the reffs eyes that count. Not the crowds reaction. Just like in any sport.

Extra love was given and earned. Sure it was unsportsman like in appearence but so what. Suck it up Barbie. You walked off and wore it like a man then beotched about it in the dead box and now online.

Hearing grown men cry and whine claiming they will never be returning to a series or an event is about as boring of an old story as "the reffs farked us" and we lost.

It happens, you take it on the chin and you come back to win the next one.

Charger is right. Reffs can't see everything or make perfect calls every single time but that's a known element of the game. Some play the grey with that and some don't.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:48 PM #132
Timbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Authority View Post
I wonder if any will be up...They kicked Tim out of the tournament for sticking up for SVP.

For those of you who don't know Tim, he's a professional photographer. He's been at all prior BCPPL events.

www.timbits.com
Well since I am www.timsbits.com I think i would know if i was kicked out of the bcppl. and well i'm not. I"m just lazy and don't show up. So i have no idea where you are getting that from
Old 04-27-2008, 11:35 PM #133
bcppl

bcppl donated to help Peyton Trent
bcppl supports our troops
Tim, I wouldn't even respond to what they dream up to talk about. Just drool from someone who doesn't know any better.

We have to beg you to get on the field, let alone kick you off!

Thanks for making the trek over for E1 by the way!!!! You of couse are welcome on the field anytime you wish....contrary to unpopular belief!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:30 AM #134
Karzac

thanks. notorious and ravenous will be there ripping it up at e2 regardless of the hatersss.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:43 AM #135
Charger

Charger is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcppl View Post
Tim, I wouldn't even respond to what they dream up to talk about. Just drool from someone who doesn't know any better.

We have to beg you to get on the field, let alone kick you off!

Thanks for making the trek over for E1 by the way!!!! You of couse are welcome on the field anytime you wish....contrary to unpopular belief!

this may be off topic for this post.. but any details on E2?

dave rocks too..
Old 04-28-2008, 06:10 PM #136
KanadaKid
Dustin-Cathro

panther paintball check the site out.
http://bcppl.com/index-1.html
Old 04-28-2008, 09:43 PM #137
I Am Authority
211-187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbits View Post
Well since I am www.timsbits.com I think i would know if i was kicked out of the bcppl. and well i'm not. I"m just lazy and don't show up. So i have no idea where you are getting that from
I'm sorry..I've gotten your site mixed up with another photographer.

This thread is still going
Old 04-29-2008, 12:19 AM #138
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
This thread is gold.

Funny thing about that reffing offer.Find a way to make it work .I want to see how you walk a mile in their shoes.

Also on the subject of cheating :"Thats why there's rules,getting hit and playing on in paintball then thinking your hot **** for winning is the equivalent of picking up the puck in hockey and throwing it into the net,while thinking your the champ."-anon

Also E2 will be great like every other event.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:08 PM #139
KanadaKid
Dustin-Cathro

has anyone seen the turf at panther?
apparently it's very nice.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:34 PM #140
canadian kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karzac View Post
thanks. notorious and ravenous will be there ripping it up at e2 regardless of the hatersss.
Don't worry, I wasn't really hatin. Ask Dylan, I love island players, they're always such gentlemen
Old 05-03-2008, 08:54 PM #141
AxleBaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian kid View Post
Don't worry, I wasn't really hatin. Ask Dylan, I love island players, they're always such gentlemen
Hmmm...i hate to ask but who are you? (i dunno who anyone is on this site.)
Impact Fan#118
Old 05-04-2008, 03:49 AM #142
canadian kid

I'm Grady, I play for the Spartans, the big long haired one.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:11 AM #143
AxleBaller

Quote:
AHHHHHH i know u. sup ****er? hows life? shoot me a PM with ur e-mail n we will chat sometime Via MSN's n shiz...
Impact Fan#118
Old 05-06-2008, 12:40 AM #144
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Its a massive white kid afro
Closed Thread