Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-03-2013, 04:06 PM #1
LeeDowney

Spyder FENIX...what is the difference between 2012 and 2013 models???

Hey guys. I bought my 10 year old son a great beginner's marker last weekend from Dicks. The black Spyder Fenix. This weekend, I noticed on ebay sellers are advertising 2013 Spyder Fenix in red and blue colors. Are these truly 2013 models and the solid black or black/silver models are the 2012 models? And if so, what are the differences between these two models?

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 PM #2
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Other than the difference in annodizing colors, there appears to be absolutely no difference between the 2012 and 2013 models.

Most likely, the only difference between the 2012 and 2013 markers are when the particular marker was manufactured.

They probably had a cut off date for when they stopped labeling them as 2012's and they became labeled as 2013's.

For example, like when the automotive companies release the upcoming model (2013) before the end of the previous year (2012, usually around November/December) to stir up the interest in their "new" product(s).
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:33 PM #3
Vidalecent

Vidalecent has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm looking at the Spyder site. It seems they don't have a Spyder Fenix 2013. I think they are just trying to sell it as a "2013" to make it more appealing.
Vidalecent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:51 AM #4
LeeDowney

Thanks guys for the input. I agree. From what I researched, I can't find any difference in the model. Except the colors.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:37 PM #5
LeeDowney

UPDATE>>> Hey guys. So my son's new Fenix marker came yesterday. To my surprise, there are some differences in this gun from the brand new I bought from Dicks last month. The most noticeable change is the hand grip screws are no more. They have been replaced with Allen screws. Also, the battery compartment in the handle is fitted better for the battery. No wires in the way. Other than that, so far I haven't noticed anything else. Will keep you posted if I find anything new.