Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-14-2015, 10:30 PM #1
Ultimatetaba

has been a member for 10 years
Ultimatetaba owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Anybody here used LaserMyGun before?

Hi all,

Just wanted some feedback from anyone here who has used LaserMyGun.com for anodizing work. They are fairly local to me and seem to be priced extremely well for the job I am looking to get done .

For reference, I have 10 pieces that are currently a gloss finish that I would like to have done all a single color, in gloss finish as well.

I read a review from an individual who used them in 2011 for a project he had done (https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3661171). What concerns me most is that the "gloss" finish he asked for was actually satin in the end.

Now, this was from 2011, and I'm hoping they've improved upon this flaw. Does anyone have any feedback they can give on this particular company? I'm also open to suggestions and recommendations to other companies that would be able to do this job well (and cost effectively).

Thanks for your time!
Ultimatetaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2015, 02:54 PM #2
mountainviewchris
zero-sized solutions

Annual Supporting Member
mountainviewchris is a Mega Moderator
Have you talked to them recently? I haven't heard from them in a while, but that last few markers I sent out were great. Always had good luck from them on the one color stuff.
mountainviewchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:44 PM #3
Ultimatetaba

Ultimatetaba owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
No I haven't, actually. Would you mind throwing up some pics of some of the work they've done for you? Much appreciated.
Ultimatetaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:00 PM #4
Beast555

Beast555 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Beast555 supports Ninja Paintball
I'll be sending one of mine off to them tomorrow
Old 07-30-2015, 09:56 PM #5
mountainviewchris
zero-sized solutions

Annual Supporting Member
mountainviewchris is a Mega Moderator
I wish I had some. They were mainly customer markers that we sent out. Never took any photos.
mountainviewchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:16 AM #6
trickedinferno

Beast555, any luck on your gun?

I emailed them for a quote, but can't get a straight answer from them. Wanting some pieces done in a 2 color splash with others done in a different single color. I emailed them a detailed description of what I have and what I want. The first reply I got was '2 color anodizing is $XX'. That clearly wasn't right, so I wrote back with the same detailed description i have them before. They replied with '3 color anodizing is $XX with X amount of pieces'. They quoted 3 color to be less expensive than 2 color....I haven't talked to them since. I have thought about calling to try and get a straight answer on a quote, but I'm kind of weary because there is no way to be more detailed or specific than my initial email.

The only reason I'm still considering them is because they claim to have a super fast turn around time compared to everyone else.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:45 PM #7
Beast555

i called them this last weekend. They told me that it should be shipped back to me by this weekend. As soon as i get it, i will have pictures up for you guys.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:14 AM #8
Turpid Porpoise
Original Join Date 8/2005

Turpid Porpoise plays in the APPA D4 division
I have had two markers done by lasermygun this year. The first being a dark ego6 which ended up taking 3 weeks longer than I was quoted and more recently my luxe that took 7 weeks following a 3-4 week quote.

The turnout on the ego was decent but the flaws were my fault, i definitely should have paid for polishing. The luxe on the other hand turned out great except for on one eye cover where the epoxy must have come off and one of my magnets was destroyed. If you go to my profile and check my threads you can see the finished luxe in my thread "project 1.5."

As for communication, it is horrible. Nothing else to say. Emails go unresponded to once they have your marker and the only way I was able to get an answer about anything was to text the hell out of him until I got a response.

I am sure I could be more detailed but im on my phone so Ill come edit this later once Im on a computer.
Turpid Porpoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:43 PM #9
Beast555

Do you happen to have any pictures? And i would agree, their communication is lack luster.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:07 AM #10
Turpid Porpoise
Original Join Date 8/2005

Turpid Porpoise plays in the APPA D4 division
Luxe

Ego

Turpid Porpoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:06 PM #11
trickedinferno

Well I went ahead and bit the bullet today and sent my gun off for a splash job. He told me 2-3 weeks from the time of delivery. It should be there by the end of the week. I'm hoping to have it back by the end of the month.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:37 PM #12
Beast555

well i just got an email saying that it has been shipped back to me. I'll have pictures up once i get it.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:12 AM #13
trickedinferno

Have you received it yet Beast? How's it look? How's the packaging?
Old 09-16-2015, 10:15 PM #14
Beast555

yeah, sorry about the delay in my post. The packaging left a lot to be desired. It was basically wrapped in paper towels. Nothing was damaged and it didn't leak once I put it together. Over all I'm happy with how the anno came out, but I do not think I would use them again.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:41 AM #15
trickedinferno

Yours looks fine to me Beast, as does Turpids.

Well, yesterday I finally got an email saying my gun was done and shipping (usps priority) back. So they had the gun 3.5 weeks.

I thought it was a little weird that they didn't email pictures of the new anno, so I guess it'll be a surprise when I open up the package next week.

I'll put up some pictures of the packaging, exploded parts, and assembled gun when I get it together.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:54 AM #16
trickedinferno

...well I got my gun back yesterday. Because of the price I am overall happy, but if I had paid ~$300 like most other companies charge, I would not be a happy camper.

Packaging-
I got a little excited and forgot to take pictures of the packaging, although I should have. It was sub-par on every level. Before opening the box I shook it, and it sounded/felt like a bunch of loose parts in a box. When I shipped my parts to him, I did a very good job packing. Upon opening, all the parts were placed in an OPEN ziplock bag which was wrapped 1 time with bubble wrap. Over the course of shipping, about half the parts had vibrated out of the plastic bag. The bigger parts were wrapped in 1-2 layers of super thin crappy paper towels, most of which were ripped at the edges. The small parts were not protected in any way. Almost every part has a small scratch/gouge in it, the grip frame and body have multiple bad spots. All the parts that I sent out, did come back.

Anno itself-
I had a splash/splatter done. The base color looks fine. Very even color. My freak barrel is a slightly different color, but that is to be expected with different grade metals. I asked for just a general "deep, bright, blue" and it delivers. IMO I love the color, exactly what I wanted.
The Turquoise splash...well I wouldn't call it turquoise for starters, more of a greyish hue to it. But I do like the color. All the parts have a good pattern to them IMO, except the right side of the body. It doesn't have a splash/splatter effect, just several "X's", reminds me of a grid design. There are many blemishes in the splash effect. All of which involve too much product on the part (looks like a paint drop), most of which are unable to be seen when assembled.

--The Anodizing job I am overall very happy with. The return packaging ( like most here) is what would drive me to seek some other company for my next anodizing job. If LaserMyGun.Com would take 10 more minutes packaging their art work before sending it back to the customer, it would make a world of difference.--

Here's afew pictures. I haven't aired it up yet.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:01 AM #17
NWLupus

Have any of you sent pieces to LaserMyGun recently? We sent pieces for two markers 10/6/15 - the same day you posted your pictures trickedinferno, but never received them back. Their website is no longer and none of their contact information works. Does anyone know what happened to them? I'm fine being out the money - I just want my parts back. Since I'm in Washington State, I can't just drive over and look, so I've been calling around to find out with no luck. Any of you have an idea what happened? Thanks in advance.
NWLupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 05:36 AM #18
seekandestroy78
still snoop and d.r.e.

plays in the NXL
seekandestroy78 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
seekandestroy78 plays in the APPA D4 division
seekandestroy78 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NWLupus, have you heard anything? Ive been waiting about a week longer than you have. I have no info other than Eric Kim has been having some medical problems, and "they'll be in the mail shortly." through the guy i was talking to who knows who he is.
P.Allen Industries
seekandestroy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:29 AM #19
trickedinferno

Sorry, I haven't been around much and just seen the posts...Here is all the contact info I have on lasermygun.

sales@lasermygun.com

mailer@lasermygun.com

LaserMyGun.com
3050 w. Lincoln Ave. Suite #C
Anaheim, CA 92801
714-452-7812

Eric C Kim (owner) Google + account
https://plus.google.com/109130223133877855738/about

https://twitter.com/cspaintball

Looks like CSPaintball was his also.
cspaintball@sbcglobal.net

The cspaintball email address is linked to all of these sites

cspaintball.com
zenpaintball.com
custommygun.com
lasermygun.com
vanguardusa.net

Found this to possibly be an alternate phone number. 7142260010

Good luck on getting your stuff back.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:43 PM #20
seekandestroy78
still snoop and d.r.e.

plays in the NXL
seekandestroy78 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
seekandestroy78 plays in the APPA D4 division
seekandestroy78 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
I got my gun back by calling the place that actually does the anno work for eric. 1800deburring.com
P.Allen Industries
seekandestroy78 is offline   Reply With Quote