Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2012, 11:39 PM #1
VantagePB

Indoor Paintball Questions

Hello and thanks in advanced for any help or suggestions. We just opened a field here in Muskegon, MI and it has been doing great! Because both fields (wood/speedball) are outdoors we are looking to keep the theme going and doing indoor tactical paintball.

We own a very large (25,000sqft+) building. It's 4+ stories and has a full gym.

Questions:

1-Indoor clean up techniques? Suggestions?

2-Close range markers, paint or pistols suggested? I don't like the sound of someone getting hit from under 10' with our SW-1's or Tippman 98's.

3-Game scenarios or ideas for indoor ball. We have a lot of ideas but other ideas are always great.

We currently run a 280fps on our speed and woodsball.

Thanks!

-Tim
231-725-5007

www.vantage-paintball.com

http://www.facebook.com/VantagePaintball
VantagePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2012, 11:55 AM #2
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

bigfootguy2002 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bigfootguy2002 plays in the PSP
bigfootguy2002 plays in the MiLP
bigfootguy2002 plays in the APPA D5 division
Checkout www.gatsplat.com for all of your indoor field questions.
-Will

(205) 837-4177
bigfootguy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:21 PM #3
Kazer

Kazer is playing at Living Legends VIII
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfootguy2002 View Post
Checkout www.gatsplat.com for all of your indoor field questions.
-Will
This.

Also, read here for more specifics; http://scubatoys.com/paintball/start...d/Foreword.asp
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:40 PM #4
skateandpaint (Banned)

skateandpaint has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ive never had more fun playing indoor than with reball i would look into that
skateandpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:41 PM #5
skateandpaint (Banned)

skateandpaint has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
indoor fields are always gross and ****ed up imo but i played reball and thought it was great
skateandpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 PM #6
Dougefresh55

Hey hey
1. field clean up i have a 3 fld 50k building and just use leave blowers,so no help there
2. I set my bt4's to 190 fps and it lowers the welt factor well,I like full field close combat so at ten feet hits are like 50 ft at 275(not scientific so no comments about fps ratio's).Usually only have 1 cryin kid a wkend but if you ref the young ones properly(keep 20 away and such)they love it.
As far as pistols for rental (im setting up a pistol field) i have been tryin diff pistols,but figured out for rental you need mag feed. The kingman chaser so far is winning my testing(havnt tried the 200$ mag pistols too expensive)
Mainly for $ reasons. Was going to set up a old 50x100 blow up arena and use my reballs but charging and worrying about pocketfuls of reballs being barrowed nixed that.you would have to worry about that even more with 4 flrs. Most popular game is 2 or 3 man team full field snake.teams have to stay behind the sqme bunker complex. No more than 4 or 5 teams. I do center capture the flag but you have to bring flag thru other team. No elimination do to the crazy with the football gets hit 10-15 times or more if his team doesnt follow.I try to finnish each group with good old fashion civil war
Dougefresh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:41 AM #7
JohnFTW
The Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougefresh55 View Post
Hey hey
1. field clean up i have a 3 fld 50k building and just use leave blowers,so no help there
2. I set my bt4's to 190 fps and it lowers the welt factor well,I like full field close combat so at ten feet hits are like 50 ft at 275(not scientific so no comments about fps ratio's).Usually only have 1 cryin kid a wkend but if you ref the young ones properly(keep 20 away and such)they love it.
As far as pistols for rental (im setting up a pistol field) i have been tryin diff pistols,but figured out for rental you need mag feed. The kingman chaser so far is winning my testing(havnt tried the 200$ mag pistols too expensive)
Mainly for $ reasons. Was going to set up a old 50x100 blow up arena and use my reballs but charging and worrying about pocketfuls of reballs being barrowed nixed that.you would have to worry about that even more with 4 flrs. Most popular game is 2 or 3 man team full field snake.teams have to stay behind the sqme bunker complex. No more than 4 or 5 teams. I do center capture the flag but you have to bring flag thru other team. No elimination do to the crazy with the football gets hit 10-15 times or more if his team doesnt follow.I try to finnish each group with good old fashion civil war
WTF did I just read
OfficialBaltimoreTraumaFan#1456
SoFla Baller's Club V4
JohnFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:31 PM #8
OMAC

We use Reballs (not knockoffs) at my facility. Avoid the mess and makes cleanup easy. We use an Ammo Up roller to pick up the reballs.

www.indoortacticalsports.com
www.ammoupusa.com
OMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:31 PM #9
VantagePB

Thanks for the help!

We are definitely pushing on using reballs! We are a Empire and Valken dealer and I did see just the other day Valken has a reball. Thinking about trying that.

Anyways and scenario ideas for indoor? Our facility is several floors and is long as skinny. I was thinking more along the tactical idea but ??????

Thanks!

-Tim
231-725-5007

www.vantage-paintball.com

http://www.facebook.com/VantagePaintball
VantagePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:51 PM #10
supacheese

supacheese owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TC paintball uses leaf blowers too, that's a quick way to clean up. Plus they clean up the unbroken paint and re sell it.

I think you guys should have an indoor speedball field, you'll get more winter business that way. OR, there are plenty of guys that play airsoft.. LMFAO!

****____FATBALLERS YO!____****

In regards to my BS negative feedback https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post77025827
supacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:40 PM #11
OP-4 Paintball

OP-4 Paintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OP-4 Paintball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Indoor Paintball Fields

Looking for an indoor paintball facility in the Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware area.
OP-4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:28 AM #12
Reddawg

Contact your local police ask if they could use a training field. Ask what kind of setup they would like. We let them use our outdoor field it was a lot of building good for swat training for cost of paint.
Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 PM #13
RIP2010

Reno Indoor Paintball submits the following operational suggestions:

1) Paintball is paintball and players are paying for a SPLAT - not just a bruise that will come from the use of re-usable ball 'reball'.

2) Purchase artificial turf no longer than .75" as any longer requires a filler and that is not an option for indoor facilities that use Paintball and not Re-ball.

3) Purchase a new three-stage (sprays, agitates, and water extraction/vacuum), walk-behind, carpet/turf cleaner. Then contact a local ZEP product salesman and order a de-greaser. Run the carpet/turf cleaner no less than twice a month. You will need to schedule a semi-annual cleaning that will require the turf be moved and the flooring underneath to be cleaned and dried.

4) Do not fail to factor the cost of the machinery, labor, and consumables (cleaning supplies) into your price structure.

5) Do not ever listen to 'old school' tournament players about your prices as they represent a very small percent of your player base. If they want to save money, offer them an annual pass for free entry and members only paint prices and list your rental prices and subsequent paint prices where they need to be to make money.
RIP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 PM #14
moobs

moobs owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by OP-4 Paintball View Post
Looking for an indoor paintball facility in the Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware area.
I would be sooooooooo happy with a indoor facility in MD
moobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:43 PM #15
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Sounds like you may be using an old school of some type? They usually have slick tile floors. That means a LOT of flooring costs. Ieeeeee......not to mention stairs are going to get slick and dangerous even with flooring.