Money Talks BS Walks.

pntbll309 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pntbll309 supports Team VICIOUS
pntbll309 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
pntbll309 is Legendary
pntbll309 supports DLX Technology
Avoid the NPPL - I'm behind I know

So after playing the Vegas event, and getting screwed HARD by the refs, I now know why everybody avoids your league and calls it a joke. I've been a fan of the NPPL events for years and years and am at my wits end with the way they run their events.

I thinks it's sad and pathetic that you have your own refs and personnel taking photos and conversing personally with other players that they are showing an obvious bias to. Instead of correcting this or making sure there is no conflict of interest you ignore it. You are a joke of a league, your refs are jokes as individuals, your old guy who "oversees" the reffing is a plain out liar.

This is why you will all go bankrupt again. There is no honor in playing in the NPPL. If you are a new player looking for a league to play in, do yourself a favor and play psp. Don't spend your time or money on a league that plays favorites and doesn't like it when you call them out on it.

Lastly, you can thank yourselves for losing 4 teams and a state from doing your events. I have video proof, I'll post on YouTube if I get enough requests. See you guys in bankruptcy court shortly.

Last edited by pntbll309 : 10-06-2013 at 05:03 PM.
pntbll309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2013, 06:32 PM #2
HybridPB

has been a member for 10 years
HybridPB owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
would you be saying all this if it went your way?? and yet before this all happend you said you was "a fan of the nppl and been playing the nppl events for years and years" so they must have been doing some thing right for you to be a big fan and to be playing there for years and years. im just saying dont come on here and bash the nppl because you got screwed that one time.
HybridPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:04 PM #3
pntbll309
Money Talks BS Walks.

pntbll309 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pntbll309 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
pntbll309 is Legendary
pntbll309 supports DLX Technology
I've been screwed 3 times in a row by them. If things went our way obviously we wouldn't be complaining. You know why? Because we wouldn't have been cheated. And the league today is far from what it WAS. The NPPL deserves to be bashed, because year after year they get worse and worse. Hell they don't even pay the teams that win when their is a prize purse. Dead players pointing their guns at live players, players being called out and not leaving and then being left in because their "clout" scares the ref. this leagues garbage, support it if you want. I won't.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:25 PM #4
dj red dog

dj red dog plays in the APPA D5 division
I've been playing for 25 years now, so let me offer you some sage advice. Never ever leave the game in the ref's hands and you don't have to be worried about being cheated. Instead of putting one ball on the dude, put 5. Instead of skimming his hopper with a ball put 3 on his goggles. Don't give the ref's a chance to make a judgement call because no human is perfect.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:23 PM #5
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
Let's keep things in perspective guys... Paintball is no different than any other sport, we have human refs that make mistakes and miss calls. It happens in EVERY other sport too.

Rest assured that the refs do not have a vendetta against any team. This crew is very professional and actually don't get enough praise. I literally watched every game on field one and I thought they did a great job.

Sometimes after a tough loss people look for other things to point the finger at rather than owning up to the fact that it wasn't their day.

Just my 2 cents...

Chris

Follow me on IG- @SportsVoice23

Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
I'm RickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:24 PM #6
splatter00

splatter00 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
splatter00 plays in the APPA D2 division
I believe you were the one yellig BullsH*t for about 25 minutes. I can see your frustration but the way you handled it made yourself and your team look bad. Refs are human, they make mistakes. P***them off and it wont o your eay, thats life. Same thing happened on probfield with frank connell.
Our sport needs to grow, if your upset, we understand, my team was screwed at hb by defintion of a swing point that was taken back. But what can we do.
I can say the refs at vegas were much much better than last year
Old 10-06-2013, 08:52 PM #7
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Well, I think you should post the video if you want people to make a call. Send me the link when you do and let me know what issues I am supposed to see. Thanks.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:53 PM #8
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatter00 View Post
I believe you were the one yellig BullsH*t for about 25 minutes. I can see your frustration but the way you handled it made yourself and your team look bad. Refs are human, they make mistakes. P***them off and it wont o your eay, thats life. Same thing happened on probfield with frank connell.
Our sport needs to grow, if your upset, we understand, my team was screwed at hb by defintion of a swing point that was taken back. But what can we do.
Big dot

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:56 PM #9
rjs21

plays in the NXL
rjs21 donated to help Peyton Trent
rjs21 plays in the APPA D3 division
rjs21 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I believe the reffing on the pro field was excellent, and we didn't do so hot in PRO division. Yes we had a good share of bad calls but overall, it was some of the best and most professional reffing in my 15 years of playing. I will admit there was some biased type calls but they came from teams getting out of control and needed to be checked.

Overall, the event was well ran with fast check in, games on time, and great weather.

My main complaints still stay the same. Pod runners need much more than 30 secs to collect pods. Shawn Walker is doing a good job rebuilding the NPPL.

rjs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:58 PM #10
skunk_13_2005
Cross Creek Paintball

skunk_13_2005 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
Well, I think you should post the video if you want people to make a call. Send me the link when you do and let me know what issues I am supposed to see. Thanks.
why wouldn't you post a video of this "point" you're trying to make if there is so much "proof" of biased reffing/etc.
skunk_13_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:04 PM #11
jBaller15
JBalla

jBaller15 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jBaller15 supports Team VICIOUS
jBaller15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
jBaller15 supports DLX Technology
You really should post the video if you claim it was THAT bad.
VSB
jBaller15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:42 PM #12
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Get over it man. No one is out to get you. The folks who are cool the refs SOMETIMES get better calls with small things like getting pulled for a pack hit vs getting a 1 for 1 for it. Sometimes they don't get better calls. The refs work hard and you could be the guy who is polite to them, says hi and passes them some water bottles on a hot day. Or you could be the guy who makes posts like this.

If you want to win and not leave it to chance, you gotta win hard. If not it comes down to calls. I've had the calls go either way. It sucked this season when we got knocked out of finals due to a bogus over-shooting call when the last player on the other team wouldn't go out during the last 30 seconds of a game (trying to run out the clock I think). On the other hand, last season the last game of finals I hung the flag with a hit on my squeegie I didn't know about. Rather than call dirty hang, the ref handed the flag to my team mate and he hung it. The call has to go someone's way... that's just how it is bro.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:47 PM #13
Ashton S (Banned)

Ashton S plays in the APPA D5 division
Ashton S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:11 PM #14
Da1stMONSTERSOBE
The Pain Train is Comin'

Da1stMONSTERSOBE plays in the PSP
Da1stMONSTERSOBE owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Da1stMONSTERSOBE plays in the APPA D5 division
Da1stMONSTERSOBE supports DLX Technology
don't worry man, I know EXACTLY where your coming from. and I wasn't even a player at this event, just a spectator. there was a good bit of chatter and amazement about how reffs and staff where calling it and letting several teams get away with a lot or just simply being careless.

I understand as a ref things do get missed, or sometimes we simply just screw up. I know, ive reffed and still do. im also a player and know that the refs can change a game, so when im reffing I truly do my best to make the best calls on the spot because id expect the same when playing.

But, it was amazing when a players get pulled when there was nothing on them, but players on the otherside of the field have HUGE hopper, mask and gun hits and nothing at all was said or done about.

also the other teams talking after being hit was ridiculous, and on 2 fields I saw one team get hit for it, while the other team did the EXACT same thing and pointed out the players while waling off and nothing was said.

the other bid thing was when a ref from across the field would pull a penalty on a guy when he has 2 refs right there watching the player calling him clean. that was a big issue, and it happened a LOT.

I will say there where a few refs who did WORK out there, and I hope NPPL keeps you guys and moves you up. but there where a bunch of guys out there who looked as if they where there to just collect a check and screw around.
Da1stMONSTERSOBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:47 PM #15
traven

traven owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
traven plays in the APPA D4 division
traven supports DLX Technology
I just wanna see the video. Why is that even a question? Show the video.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 PM #16
Vapor

Vapor posts videos on PbNation
how were you screwed hard? you need to explain what happened or post the video. If your teammates dont know the rules you will get penalties.
Vapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:15 PM #17
BlackPromaster46
Beat Down City

BlackPromaster46 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BlackPromaster46 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da1stMONSTERSOBE View Post
don't worry man, I know EXACTLY where your coming from. and I wasn't even a player at this event, just a spectator. there was a good bit of chatter and amazement about how reffs and staff where calling it and letting several teams get away with a lot or just simply being careless. I understand as a ref things do get missed, or sometimes we simply just screw up. I know, ive reffed and still do. im also a player and know that the refs can change a game, so when im reffing I truly do my best to make the best calls on the spot because id expect the same when playing. But, it was amazing when a players get pulled when there was nothing on them, but players on the otherside of the field have HUGE hopper, mask and gun hits and nothing at all was said or done about. also the other teams talking after being hit was ridiculous, and on 2 fields I saw one team get hit for it, while the other team did the EXACT same thing and pointed out the players while waling off and nothing was said. the other bid thing was when a ref from across the field would pull a penalty on a guy when he has 2 refs right there watching the player calling him clean. that was a big issue, and it happened a LOT. I will say there where a few refs who did WORK out there, and I hope NPPL keeps you guys and moves you up. but there where a bunch of guys out there who looked as if they where there to just collect a check and screw around.
That happened to us. Our player won a 4 on 1. Was called out by a ref across the field nowhere near him during a 1 v 1 even though he was called clean by 2 refs. Not only did they proceed to let the game play out after that, but we not only won the 1 v 1, pulled the flag, hung it, and he was called clean AGAIN when he hung it. They then got together after the point and over ruled everything that happened and took the point away from us and gave the other team the hang and the pull. Absolutely HORRENDOUS reffing at this event, and one of the refs even told me he was still hungover from the night before. When EVERY team playing D4 is complaining about how awful the reffing was, you have a problem. The reffing was lazy, and very unprofessional and would shut you down anytime you tried to talk to them. I've always liked nppl, but this may push me towards psp. We made playoffs too, keep that in mind, so I'm not mad or blaming the refs for us not placing. I just felt the event reffing was very poorly handled.

Camo Geo +

Old Style Feedback

Last edited by BlackPromaster46 : 10-06-2013 at 11:42 PM.
BlackPromaster46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:21 PM #18
Pball master
hmmm

Pball master owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Pball master has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPromaster46 View Post
That happened to us. Our player won a 4 on 1. Was called out by a ref across the field nowhere near him during a 1 v 1 even though he was called clean by 2 refs. Not only did they proceed to let the game play out after that, but we not only won the 1 v 1, pulled the flag, hung it, and he was called clean AGAIN when he hung it. They then got together after the point and over ruled everything that happened and took the point away from us and gave the other team the hang and the pull. Absolutely HORRENDOUS refuting at this event, and one of the refs even told me he was still hungover from the night before. When EVERY team playing D4 is complaining about how awful the redding was, you have a problem. The reffing was lazy, and very unprofessional and would shut you down anytime you tried to talk to them. I've always liked nppl, but this may push me towards psp. We made playoffs too, keep that in mind, so I'm not mad or blaming the refs for us not placing. I just felt the event reffing was very poorly handled.
^ this , reffing was horrid
Pball master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:54 AM #19
haynboy8223
Fear is only an illusion!

is playing at Living Legends XI
haynboy8223 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
haynboy8223 is a top reviewer
post the Video so everyone can see it and judge for themselves.
haynboy8223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:35 AM #20
boy from florida
FIVEHUNDREDSIXTYONE

boy from florida plays in the PSP
boy from florida supports Team VICIOUS
yes. post. the video.
boy from florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:01 AM #21
HKARMYBALLER

HKARMYBALLER plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatter00 View Post
If you are the one who yelled "bull****" an uncountable amount of times, I too saw the whole fiasco. You acted like a child because your team didn't win and believe the refs were bias. I actually watched the Destiny game that I believe set this rant off, and do not believe they cheated as I believe they were accused of. Throughout the entirety of Friday, Saturday and Sunday the refs on field two were OUTSTANDING in fairness and being kind to all teams. I would go as far as to say this was the best reffed tournament I have ever played. My team will be playing the entire NPPL season in 2014 once again and look forward to competing with everyone again. There are right and wrong ways of handling reffing situations that you think are unfair; screaming curse words in front of families with children is the wrong way.