PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 09-27-2011, 08:21 PM #22
Jrob33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCRouterman View Post
The whole point of a "tank" is that it IS neigh invulnerable. It IS supposed to be almost impossible to defeat, EXCEPT by another tank! That is the entire freaking idea!Ahh well thanks for clarifying that its all about tank vs tank and us lowly non tank players should just stay out of it. its not like we payed our entry fee or anything. so if the whole point is Tank vs tank, why do you shoot the non tank players? CAUSE THATS NOT THE WHOLE FREAKING POINT!

Tanks have always been the scourge of the infantry, only out done by the King of Battle, Artillery.yep and anti tank crews have always scared the hell out of tankers. Nothing like being trapped in a big metal coffin..but again what do i know i dont drive a tank..

However, in paintball, "tanks" are severely handicapped from emulating their real counterpart's true might and awesome battlefield fire power. Real tanks outrange almost all infantry AT countermeasures. On the side of the paintball infantry player, however, there are numerous advantages present. The paintball grunt can simply hide behind a tree, barrel, or anything capable of stopping a paintball, and they are relatively safe. The PAV crew, like their real counterparts, are severely handicapped in both visibility, and hearing, so it is quite easy for opposing infantry to escape notice by the tankers. right its not like Im lobbing a foam rocket, from a device that is hard to aim or anyhting..and of course im not doing it while under direct fire from a bouble trouble, or maybe 4-6 people inside the tank shooting through gun ports. or the fact that i probably had to walk/run god knows how far or climb how many hills to get a good firing position while the tankers ad crew DROVE not to mention the enemy infantry shooting at me.. and most of the fields ive been to the tank trails LOOP AROUND..so hiding stationary behind a tree doesnt work..nice try though. oh woe be the poor disadvantaged tank crew.

If you are having issues with apposing armor, then one of two conditions are probably true: Appreciate your advise but I dont recall saying I was having any issues at all, although I take issue with a tanker whining that he doesnt have ENOUGH of an advantage.

The opposing team is employing superior tactics than you/your team. In which case, they deserve the win, so don't whine about it, learn from it, and improve you own game tactics.oh please please please, all wise and knowing tanker god of the paintball field please show me where i was whining.. I simply stated that its riddiculous for a tanker to whine that he doesnt have enough of an advantage.
Or.

You are incapable of playing in a scenario that include tanks, and enjoying the experience. This seams rather likely given your response.hey thank for that analysis doctor Phil, For whatever reason, you cannot, or choose not to recognize the unique characteristics and playing dimensions that tanks bring to the game.dang and all this time I thought I was having fun when there were tanks playing..thank you again for pointing out my shortcomings all powerful tanker guy.

The key to enjoying the challenge, is to recognize the obstacles (tanks, in this case) and acknowledge the appropriate response / counter measures required, then employ those countermeasures. It is just another part of the game. WOW im 35 years old, been playing scenario paintball for almost 15 years, have been on several sponsored scenario teams..but thank you sooo much for schooling me on "the Key" thank you super tanker man.

What is the point of having to tag all the bases in baseball to score a run? Why bother with the bases, just hit the ball and step on home plate, SCORE! NO, then it would NOT be "Baseball". so you wanna use paintball tanks in baseball? Im down for that. But if you guys are gonna whine about nerf rockets youre probably not gonne like the guys with baseball bats either.

Paintball scenario games have various rules for the purpose of:
1) Safety.
2) Entertainment value.
3) Game Balance.

All three are required to encourage a good, safe, entertaining, memorable game that players not just have fun at, but want to do again! Repeat customers are vital to a successful, profitable PB scenario promoter again thank you for schooling me...and explaininjg to me why the tankers should just rule the paintball field with impunity from us lowly non tanker players who didnt spend the large amount of $ to bring a tank. After all, that expense should buy you more fun than just my measley entryfee/travel expenses/ should buy me.
Jrob33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2011, 08:28 PM #23
Jrob33

ive played many games where we had 6 or so tanks on each side but had no at on one side or another they sure didnt send the tanks home, we had to suck it up. You are a tanker the deckj is heavily stacked in your favor, as it should be. But you are whining about there being too much AT. and you made a reference to tanks boycotting the game if the field will not limit At. So dont tell me you werent trying to flex your tanker muscles.

and thank you for the oh so very helpful comments on my comprehension level, those bolstered your argument so nicely. And until the mods decide different I think I will post at will thank you very much.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:29 PM #24
TJ Allcot

has been a member for 10 years
Seriously, if 9 times out of 10 the tanks can't go more than 10 or 15 feet onto the field where the game is actually taking place without being taken out, there is no advantage to having a tank. Also seems that that 10th time has more to do with the AT guys getting tired of lugging their gear around and leaving it off the field. It's not whining to state that, it's simply the way it is. Once that kind of stuff is no longer tolerable the tanks will go elsewhere. It's pretty simple, in fact it's probably one of the best ways to get rid of tanks from a game over the long run.

The last ION it really wasn't a question of if your tank was going to be taken out by an AT guy or even how many seconds you'd get to play the tank but rather which AT guy was going to beat out all the others to get you first. I think the only times tanks lasted more than a few seconds out there once they encountered any of the AT guys was when there was some confusion as to whether or not the tank was hit because the ref didn't see the hit. From what I saw most of the AT guys simply continued to bounce Nerfs off of the tank they were targeting until they were finally noticed.

Actually another option is to simply keep things the way they are until the tanks find a way of countering the AT guys. A bit better co-ordination with a bunch of infantry would be a good tactic there.

SO basically either change things to be more 'fair' or leave them the way they are until counters appear that changes the balance again and then you'll hear the AT guys complaining that they can't get any tank kills.
Dawn's Panther, Special Ops Trading Card Tank #0002
Sponsored by:

Cousins, Tippmann,
Allied with, Blues Crew
Friends w/,Engler Custom Guns,Draxxus,Planet Eclipse,Bea Youngs,Bear Claw PB,OA PB
And lots of others.
TJ Allcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:32 PM #25
Jrob33

sounds to me like the tanks arent using their own infantry very well.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:34 PM #26
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob33 View Post
ive played many games where we had 6 or so tanks on each side but had no at on one side or another they sure didnt send the tanks home, we had to suck it up. You are a tanker the deckj is heavily stacked in your favor, as it should be. But you are whining about there being too much AT. and you made a reference to tanks boycotting the game if the field will not limit At. So dont tell me you werent trying to flex your tanker muscles.

and thank you for the oh so very helpful comments on my comprehension level, those bolstered your argument so nicely. And until the mods decide different I think I will post at will thank you very much.
boycotting might be a little extreme. basic fact of life. Tankers bring tanks to have fun. All the fun of building and paying to bring the tank just isnt enough. they actually want to enjoy using it on the field.Go figure

http://1sspanzerkorps.com/
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:35 PM #27
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob33 View Post
sounds to me like the tanks arent using their own infantry very well.
I guess you never noticed a nerf goes farther than a paintball?

Old 09-27-2011, 08:37 PM #28
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

[quote=TJ Allcot;73033780]Seriously, if 9 times out of 10 the tanks can't go more than 10 or 15 feet onto the field where the game is actually taking place without being taken out, there is no advantage to having a tank. Also seems that that 10th time has more to do with the AT guys getting tired of lugging their gear around and leaving it off the field. It's not whining to state that, it's simply the way it is. Once that kind of stuff is no longer tolerable the tanks will go elsewhere. It's pretty simple, in fact it's probably one of the best ways to get rid of tanks from a game over the long run.

The last ION it really wasn't a question of if your tank was going to be taken out by an AT guy or even how many seconds you'd get to play the tank but rather which AT guy was going to beat out all the others to get you first. I think the only times tanks lasted more than a few seconds out there once they encountered any of the AT guys was when there was some confusion as to whether or not the tank was hit because the ref didn't see the hit. From what I saw most of the AT guys simply continued to bounce Nerfs off of the tank they were targeting until they were finally noticed.

Actually another option is to simply keep things the way they are until the tanks find a way of countering the AT guys. A bit better co-ordination with a bunch of infantry would be a good tactic there.

SO basically either change things to be more 'fair' or leave them the way they are until counters appear that changes the balance again and then you'll hear the AT guys complaining that they can't get any tank kills.[/QUOTE]

TJ are you developing some kind of anti tank player seeking missle? lol sign me up for some from the first batch haha

Old 09-27-2011, 08:39 PM #29
Jrob33

of course I have, I guess youve never seen a group of paintball players "push" an area? Now everywhere Ive played i had to crono my JCS launcher just like everybody else..and yeah it will shoot further than a paintball gun, but not THAT much further.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:43 PM #30
Jrob33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
Tank rules

Tank rules have to be balanced. If they aren't quality tankers are not going to spend the time and money to go to a field to be a nerf pinata.

the whining a/t guys are going to really whine when there are no tanks at the game to shoot at due to unbalanced rules.

Allow tanks to blow bunkers- no it doesnt have to be unlimited amount of bunkers. maybee 5 pr insertion or something. to help give the tanks a fair chance

Every noob on the block has a launcher and wants to be an anti tank hero. Unless the rules are fair they won't have anything to shoot at

!
One post=4 different references to the tankers not being there unless the rules are changed......sounds like a boycott threat to me.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:44 PM #31
Jrob33

eh i cut and pasted wrong but the fourth one is i their if you can get thru all the whining i promise
Old 09-27-2011, 08:45 PM #32
Jrob33

maybe its not MY reading comprehension that needs help.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:53 PM #33
hardboy1864

blood sweat and tears, LOL.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:55 PM #34
TJ Allcot

Quote:
TJ are you developing some kind of anti tank player seeking missle? lol sign me up for some from the first batch haha
I've got three basic and pretty much related ideas that I'm pretty sure could basically act as a 'Nerf Shield' to some degree. I'm sure that sooner or later someone will come up with something. After seeing video of Q's full auto Mk-19 nothing would surprise me, hahaha.
Sponsored by:

Cousins, Tippmann,
Allied with, Blues Crew
Friends w/,Engler Custom Guns,Draxxus,Planet Eclipse,Bea Youngs,Bear Claw PB,OA PB
And lots of others.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 PM #35
hardboy1864

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Allcot View Post
Seriously, if 9 times out of 10 the tanks can't go more than 10 or 15 feet onto the field where the game is actually taking place without being taken out, there is no advantage to having a tank. Also seems that that 10th time has more to do with the AT guys getting tired of lugging their gear around and leaving it off the field. It's not whining to state that, it's simply the way it is. Once that kind of stuff is no longer tolerable the tanks will go elsewhere. It's pretty simple, in fact it's probably one of the best ways to get rid of tanks from a game over the long run.

SO basically either change things to be more 'fair' or leave them the way they are until counters appear that changes the balance again and then you'll hear the AT guys complaining that they can't get any tank kills.
Great post !
Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 PM #36
Jrob33

CNC, Im a little confused here. I have some other quotes of yours that seem to contradict youre earlier post.

You are right that infantry (that is to say, regular players with markers and not AT weapons) are at an extreme dissadvantage against a Tank. but didnt you say "there are numerous advantages on the part of the regular paintball player" ? I can quote it if youd like

but I am decades away from my military days, and several stone's over my optimal weight, so huffing and puffing through the weeds is kinda humorous of itself, not sure which is easier to hear coming, me or the tank.thank you for illustrating one of my points..

Yes tanks have some serious advantages over regular infantry,THEY DO? but according to you when I said that I was whining, and you hammered out a long winded condescending post aimed at me..and even made alot of assumtions concerning me.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 PM #37
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Allcot View Post
I've got three basic and pretty much related ideas that I'm pretty sure could basically act as a 'Nerf Shield' to some degree. I'm sure that sooner or later someone will come up with something. After seeing video of Q's full auto Mk-19 nothing would surprise me, hahaha.
A "Seawhizz" for nerfs lol. but then how are tanks going to shoot eachother?

Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 PM #38
Jrob33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardboy1864 View Post
blood sweat and tears, LOL.
hey im not mechanically inclined, I cut the hell out of my hand trying to make one. THATS when I broke down and bought a JCS launcher.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:14 PM #39
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

You are right "JR" let every grunt carry a launcher who cares, I'll build a big r/c dive bomber and bomb and straffe the grunts from a mile away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D59Jc5IkS9k

Also a "boycott" the way you are using it implies someone not only staying away from a field but encouraging others to do the same. Pretty far from what we are doing here by just discussing a way to level the playing field

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 09-27-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:15 PM #40
hardboy1864

[quote=Jrob33;73034236]hey im not mechanically inclined, I cut the hell out of my hand trying to make one. THATS when I broke down and bought a JCS launcheR/QUOTE]

I have a JCS launcher . There not that bad.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:16 PM #41
TJ Allcot

Quote:
A "Seawhizz" for nerfs lol. but then how are tanks going to shoot eachother?
Well I don't see any of it becoming common, hahahaha.

There's always being sneaky. My friend George and his crew with their Tiger on LI had a really bad game against us a few years back. They had gotten a bunch of imitation Nerf's that were about 1.5" in diameter with lousy tails. We knocked them out about 7 times before they finally managed to sneak up behind us somehow to get within 20' of us so they could finally score a hit. Rather embarrassing to have another large tank sneak up on us like that.

The stuff I've imagined would probably need a minimum distance to work so I'm sure you wouldn't have as much problems as other tankers. I suspect it'd require a decent amount of interior space as well. I'm thinking the cupola area of the Panther might be just about perfect.
Sponsored by:

Cousins, Tippmann,
Allied with, Blues Crew
And lots of others.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:33 PM #42
Jrob33

Quote:
You are right "JR" let every grunt carry a launcher who cares, I'll build a big r/c dive bomber and bomb and straffe the grunts from a mile away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D59Jc5IkS9k

Also a "boycott" the way you are using it implies someone not only staying away from a field but encouraging others to do the same. Pretty far from what we are doing here by just discussing a way to level the playing field
no some were clearly hinting that tankers would stay away from the field if the rules werent changed to suit them. Its there in black and white dont go trying to back pedal and sugar coat it. It wasnt just about leveling the field, if it were we wouldnt need for seperate referrences to tanks not being at the field.
ReplyScenario Ups