PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-25-2004, 08:22 PM #1
jakeo

makes sense.. read it!!

I didnt personally write this.. but i figured id pass it around... tell your friends..

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon for gas by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.77 for regular unleaded gas in Riverwoods, IL. We all know that we're being screwed by the oil companies. Does everyone remember how they drove up the prices way past a dollar and got the gas prices to where they wanted them, claiming there was a shortage of oil. Well, there isn't any shortage now, and the oil is more abundant than it was 35 years ago when the price of a gallon of gas was 29 cents!!!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to at least thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am .. so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you I didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 OR LESS RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK!!!!!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2004, 08:24 PM #2
moochems
Super Constipated

has been a member for 10 years
tl;dr post a cliffnotes version...
Old 02-25-2004, 08:26 PM #3
BKhAH
n/a

BKhAH is a Supporting Member
It works on paper... but would never happen.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:27 PM #4
terry_wendel
I disagree!

tl;dr: Don't buy Mobil or Exxon gasoline. The prices will go down. Send this message to 10 people. SPAM.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:31 PM #5
Westopher
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Cool Re: makes sense.. read it!!

You're an idiot
Old 02-25-2004, 08:34 PM #6
Darth Bagel
read. comprehend. post.

Darth Bagel is a Supporting Member
you forgot the ignorance of inflation and the quick lesson in multiplying numbers by 10, terry.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:48 PM #7
SonOfTheSouth
Suicide Messiah

Communism also worked perfectly in theory, now what did we learn about theory and reality?

On the day old Curtis died, nobody came and prayed.
Ol' preacher said some words, and they chunked him in the grave.
Well, he lived a lifetime, playin' the black man's blues
And on the day he lost his life, that's all he had to lose
Old 02-25-2004, 08:50 PM #8
terry_wendel
I disagree!

That communism does work, just to a certain point. A point at which it is impossible to change to anything else and it all crumbles.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:18 AM #9
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
I got an email about this a few years ago.....it didnt work.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:56 PM #10
mmbt0ne

There's no way $3 a gallon will happen anytime soon. And if it does, we won't need any kind of organized protest like this, because people will be going ape****.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:58 PM #11
MeRfCaKe

MeRfCaKe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
gas is almost 3 bux a gallon i many places in california. its f***in ridiculous. im going broke trying to fix up my car and my paintball gun. this is going to suck paying twice as much to buy gas
Custom Cockers