Old 05-10-2012, 09:19 PM #1
tony_ibunkeryou
29/0/0

has been a member for 10 years
tony_ibunkeryou plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tony_ibunkeryou posts videos on PbNation
tony_ibunkeryou plays in the APPA D3 division
Exclamation Protect Your Store!!! Stop Loss of Merchandise!

Hello, My name is Tony.

I am a Licensed Fire Alarm/Security Technician in the state of Arkansas. I am starting this thread because I get sick of seeing people taking advantage of Store Owners. I Read the "Theft Report" quite frequently and it saddens me to see people suffering at the hand of a thief. So what Im going to do is give you suggestions on what to do to Prevent your store from being robbed.

One of the first steps you should do when Opening a Paintball store, or any store for that matter is

Step 1: Get a Security system.

To get a security system be sure to shop around. Don't go straight to big name companies like "ADT" just because you saw their commercial. There are always local companies in your town that can give you more customer service for a lower price. Because face it, owning a business isn't cheap. To find a good Security company you can also call some fire alarm companies (Some will also install Security Systems) or call your local fire department and speak with one of the Fire Inspectors or Fire Marshalls. They will guide you the right way.

Whichever route you go for a security company you "NEED" to make sure they offer,

Step 2: Monitoring.

ADT charges I around 50$ a month for this service. (note: again, there are other companies so get a quote from a couple first, they could be alot cheaper.)

This monitoring service will help keep your business protected by alerting you and the authorities that there is an intrusion in your business.

Step 3: Devices.

Less is not more in this case. Most of the Devices you will need are

1) Motion Detectors: Detect Motion in your store when your system is armed.

2) Glass Breaks: Glass breaks are placed in rooms next to windows. When a glass breaks it makes a distinct DB noise that activates the Glass Break Device causing your system to sound.

3) Door Contacts: Place these in the "exit doors" of your business. When the door opens when armed it will usually send the Control Panel in a 10 second delay until code is entered. When code is not entered Alarm will sound

4) Sirens: Place sirens in key areas. EXAMPLE: main lobby, where the security panel is, and outside to where other people can hear it.

5) Smoke/Carbon Detectors: This is optional. Based on your business your Fire Marshall may already have these installed through a fire alarm company. If not I would advise you to get a couple. Set Smoke Detectors in areas of heat. EXAMPLE: kitchen/break area, main lobby.

Step 4:CAMERA SYSTEMS

Camera systems are good in a sense that you will probably catch the person stealing. Take them to court and Prosecute. But are not necessary If you are trying to save money.

If you are wanting a camera system you will have to talk to your security company. They usually install camera systems as well but it wont be cheap. If you do get cameras make sure you get IR cameras so you can see at night. You can place these cameras in the Lobby, office, Outside the mechanical room, above the counter where the register is, and facing each exit door so you can see who is coming in and out. For alot of money you can get IR/IP addressed cameras so you can view your store from your home/tablet to watch how business is going while your not there. Again...PRICEY

Make sure your DVR (Digital Video Recorder) device is stored in the mechanical/IT room and make sure ITS LOCKED!!

When you get a Security system PLEASE make sure you have the panel locked. Security panels are usually in the Electrical room next to the FACP (FIRE ALARM CONTROL PANEL.) Make sure your electrical room is LOCKED! It will be alot harder for somebody to get into your electrical room.

I hope I have covered most of this. If you have any questions PLEASE, dont hesitate to PM or Email me. I always check my PM's and Emails. I hope this helps you guys. Lets get these crooks off the streets.

Thank you for your time

~TONY

Last edited by tony_ibunkeryou : 05-10-2012 at 11:26 PM.
tony_ibunkeryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2012, 10:28 PM #2
gamer565
Read the manual!!

gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
gamer565 supports Ninja Paintball
So basically your posting common sense of what to do, when owning a store of some kind?
gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 PM #3
tony_ibunkeryou
29/0/0

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
So basically your posting common sense of what to do, when owning a store of some kind?
Im providing Basic knowledge of people who do not understand the devices or how to go about getting a system and not getting ripped off by big name companies while providing basic structure on how to go about the process. Sorry its not up to your standards. Ill try to be more like you.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 PM #4
Nosaj2189

I just read the beginning post of "Some hard truths about owning a field". Now common sense would say you own air tanks, bunkers, possibly even merchandise when owning a field. Nowhere in that post does it mention the possibilities of someone just coming to play and leaving with more than they brought.
This "common sense" post tells you exactly how to prevent it. Or at least the best someone could do while owning a store/field.

Maybe this will get stickied and field/store owners will post what they use, if any, and what has worked best for them. Hopefully they never needed to use it though!

That said, nice write up.
Nosaj2189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:08 PM #5
tony_ibunkeryou
29/0/0

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Seeing that you probably know everything there is to know about Security systems. Then you would know that most businesses do not have a Security System Properly installed. Some still have a security system, although it isnt monitored or is out of date. (I see these all the time in my line of work.) Most businesses believe putting out just a simple Sticker on the door like (Secured by ADT) for example, is good enough protection. As is the same for home security also. Statistics have shown that most Robbers/Vandals will target those very houses/Business with signs on the door or lawn. Due to the fact that they are most likely just trying to evade such actions from occurring. Most businesses dont know what they are to expect from Security Companies and usually go with big name companies.

Question for you. Why do people start a business.

Answer: Your whits Never seem to disappoint Gamer565 To Make Money.

CORRECT!!

So im here to tell these Businesses that they dont have to be paying prices like these

Annual Prices of Monitoring:

ADT: 600+$
Guard Tronix: 650+$

And thats only saying you get the basic installation.

With more local companies you will find that they can save you hundreds of dollars. And thats what is really important.

But im glad you knew all of this already.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:09 PM #6
tony_ibunkeryou
29/0/0

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosaj2189 View Post
I just read the beginning post of "Some hard truths about owning a field". Now common sense would say you own air tanks, bunkers, possibly even merchandise when owning a field. Nowhere in that post does it mention the possibilities of someone just coming to play and leaving with more than they brought.
This "common sense" post tells you exactly how to prevent it. Or at least the best someone could do while owning a store/field.

Maybe this will get stickied and field/store owners will post what they use, if any, and what has worked best for them. Hopefully they never needed to use it though!

That said, nice write up.
Thanks bud
Old 05-11-2012, 05:57 AM #7
killajay2014
Your De Best!!!

killajay2014 donated to help Peyton Trent
killajay2014 supports our troops
killajay2014 is Legendary
killajay2014 supports DLX Technology
I agree with Nosa...owning a business that holds high value guns only means you need a good security system...if your too cheap to get one that's going to protect you and your merchandise than I'm sorry but your setting yourself up for theft....posting what you put is good info for people looking to START up a store with no knoladge..but telling a business owner what they already know is useless....it's like telling someone "make sure to lock your car before you leave it in a bad area of town"....I doubt this is helpfull info to be stickied
killajay2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:55 AM #8
tony_ibunkeryou
29/0/0

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by killajay2014 View Post
I agree with Nosa...owning a business that holds high value guns only means you need a good security system...if your too cheap to get one that's going to protect you and your merchandise than I'm sorry but your setting yourself up for theft....posting what you put is good info for people looking to START up a store with no knoladge..but telling a business owner what they already know is useless....it's like telling someone "make sure to lock your car before you leave it in a bad area of town"....I doubt this is helpfull info to be stickied
Like i told gamerboy, You would be surprised on how little people know on the subject. The only reason I posted this is because some companies dont even know what kind of devices they can actually get. I do this for a living. Yes im sure they "KNOW" they need to be protected. But there are certain things they need to know for example: Monitoring. When purchasing a building for a paintball store. The Previous owner could of had a security system installed. This person is free to use it if its left behind. Thinking that a door contact, and siren is good enough. Which is wrong. I just read a whole theft report on this site where the company said the robbers cut the wires to the security system. Then waltz right in and stole everything. When you have a PROPERLY installed up to date system this wouldn't of happened. But since business owners already know all of this (according to some of you) Im sure there wont be any more break ins involving any business in the U.S. EVER AGAIN!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:44 PM #9
kylekeller24

<3
kylekeller24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:06 AM #10
TheHef

TheHef owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Security systems don't really help much.
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:52 AM #11
tony_ibunkeryou
29/0/0

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHef View Post
Really depends on what kind you get. and how much you want to spend.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:17 PM #12
CM Armada
I'm here for the laughs

CM Armada plays in the PSP
CM Armada owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CM Armada owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
CM Armada plays in the APPA D4 division
CM Armada has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CM Armada has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey Tony, that is a good post and you make plenty of good points. Our store has a really nice security system. It has saved us many times from those bastard thieves.

We learned the hard way before the system.
CM Armada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:48 AM #13
tony_ibunkeryou
29/0/0

plays in the NXL
[quote=CM Armada;76073136]Hey Tony, that is a good post and you make plenty of good points. Our store has a really nice security system. It has saved us many times from those bastard thieves.

We learned the hard way before the system.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the Compliment bud. Really appreciate it.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:34 AM #14
RenoIndoorPaintball

Though I agree with the prevention of lost merchandise with both active and passive protective measures, this post is about another type of loss - customers.

Security cameras may aid and or prevent the loss of shelf items but they also may be used to prevent the loss of customers.

Reno Indoor Paintball installed a 32 camera system controlled by a 12 terabyte server that covers not only the merchandise, but also the customers on and off the field. Having more eyes on the field than just one or two on field referee(s) enables the eye in the sky to call in potential hazards to the on field referees and respond to adverse situations faster than ever before. Our camera system is pointed at hidden spots where players are out of view of the on field referee staff and through our radio and PA system we can enforce safety protocol.

One seriously injured player is a loss that no field should suffer or allow. Please do not just worry about a 50 or 500 dollar shelf item when the one asset no one can afford to lose is a customer.
RenoIndoorPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:37 AM #15
Warrior Paintball
Weekend Warrior Sportz

Due to the rising number of theft claims, some insurance companies are starting to exclude theft coverage if the property does not have an alarm system. Good post!
Warrior Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:47 AM #16
reaper_6

reaper_6 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
reaper_6 plays in the APPA D5 division
reaper_6 supports DLX Technology
reaper_6 supports Ninja Paintball
reaper_6 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Great Post

reaper_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:31 PM #17
Barbara_Walters
God is good

Barbara_Walters plays in the PSP
Barbara_Walters supports Cereal Killerz 2
Barbara_Walters helped look for balloons
Barbara_Walters is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHef View Post
Nothing beats a determined thief. However the steps you take to slow them down is all up to you and your pocket book.
Barbara_Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:57 PM #18
RedSnake
Looking To Trade.

RedSnake owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RedSnake has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This is some pretty good information!
RedSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:56 PM #19
bkbtowlie

My store just got robbed last night.
bkbtowlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:51 PM #20
tony_ibunkeryou
29/0/0

plays in the NXL
I am still here and Active if any of you guys need help with any Equipment if you want to do it yourself.

Card Access with mag locks
Security Systems
Even Fire alarm systems.