Did the they make the right call? - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Did they make the right call?
Yes (Dynasty Supporter) 255 26.56%
Yes (Joy Supporter) 139 14.48%
No (Dynasty Supporter) 215 22.40%
No (Joy Supporter) 351 36.56%
Voters: 960. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-23-2006, 01:54 PM #43
PlayersuckRefsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux
When do you ever see NFL refs letting players argue their points? Never.

The refs should have discussed what THEY saw and make the rulings on that and not allow the players to say a word. Put them in their dead boxes and the refs make the call. period.

It doesn't matter if the dynasty player was hit while he was going into the snake, if the Joy player was called out by a ref and continued to fire, he caused the penalty.
Beaux - that was sarcasm. BC should not have been allowed to talk and Seb not. Neither should have been talking to refs.

You did not see the video or were there. I was and saw the vid.

BC was hit by Seb from the back 1/2 way from tall prop wayyyy before he got to the 50 snake. At this point this is a 1 for 1 but one ref was over ruled . The same one who called it as it happened.
The over shoot was much later.
Alex also spun so should have been penalized.

We need more refs on fields and less cameras.

Sad but we got this one wrong.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2006, 02:00 PM #44
gump

As far as the over shooting and shooting without an armband... BC shot Seb after he had his band pulled also. If I got shot by a dead player I would shoot the crap out of him too. It wasnt like joy was the only team shooting at the end all of that.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:19 PM #45
daskidude
Bye Randy

has been a member for 10 years
I'm not really a fan of either team. I thought it was bull****. It should have gone to a 1 on 1. That would be great.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:29 PM #46
UltraEgo

1 Ref??

Final Game of the Finals and you have 1 ref in the snake. 3 Players and 1 ref.
Maybe have extra refs?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:32 PM #47
pimpedion

if you watch the video near the end max says seb shot bc in the air in the wrist.. if so he should have walked off the field and called himself out.. also Alex should also get a penalty for not getting off the field, he just walks up to bc and the refs while seb is still in.. then seb dosent know who is in so he lights bc up.

if the refs did the right thing this wouldn't have happened.. have you ever thought american refs american winners??

AMERICAN REFS calling 3for1 =

just letting them play =

Last edited by pimpedion : 10-23-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:36 PM #48
geekwarrior81

i don't see how the call can be made any other way but for Joy.

1. joy player bunkers snake player and slides in. The dynasty player he bunkered played on after he was hit.

2. BC comes over to bunker joy guy in snake, gets shot before going over snake by joy back player and than by joy snake player.

3. joy back player comes up the snake. See's dynasty snake player that was out, NOT WALKING OFF THE FIELD, so he shoots him.

4. Conitues to run down the snake and passes BC who HAS HIS GUN POINTED AT HIM WHEN HE PASSEs HIM even when he knows he's out.

5. Joy player shoots him not knowing he's out.

6. Dynasty whines and complains KNOWING they've lost, and somehow cry enough that the refs give the game to them.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:39 PM #49
pimpinsaylor

They made the right call, but I don't like eather dynasty or Joy.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:47 PM #50
PaintyMcGee
snitches get stiches

I was about 20 feet from where it happened, and from what I saw, fraige was in the snake 4 when joy's back left bunkered him (it was very close call, they possibly could have traded) and took the snake. While the refs were trying to sort it out, Bc comes up, with paint on him!! [at this point Both Dynasty players are shot!] and shoots Joy's now snake man, the snake player also shoots back at Bc. As the refs are pulling players, seban(clean) comes up from back center and shoots the Dynasty players (taking their sweet time getting off the field), and amiss all the chaos, Joy gets an over shooting penalty.
Joy deserved the win on this one folks.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:55 PM #51
bluelite
The Bronze

spinning, playing on, not getting off the field and instead standing there disrupting play. Seems to me there were enough penalties to go around and Joy got a bad call. It happens, and reading back through the years it seems it happens alot with Dynasty on the field. Good game by both teams.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:01 PM #52
limdull

limdull donated to help Peyton Trent
If you watch the video the ref who pulled the final joy player was already running after him before he started to run down the snake. So if he was pulling him for over shooting BC i think thats bs because he never had a shot at him until he got along side the snake at which time the ref was already running after him. And also Fraige should not have been stanging in the way like he was.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:05 PM #53
Justin6547
Fallout/260

ok you people CANNOT listen to matty marhsall or chris on the webcast for 2 reason 1 they are drunk as hell 2 they arent on the feild

YOU GUYS DONT HAVE THE RIGHT STORY!!!!

go to the replay video put on some headphones and listen when they first " take it down to the feild" you get the story from the refs not drunk matty now any crybabay joy players

what happened is the guy that took alex out in the snake was hit when he dived forward and then BC jumped over and shot him and then watch as they stand up BC Twitches real hard cuz the guy shoots him again after hes clearly out thats where the call is being made
Old 10-23-2006, 03:06 PM #54
epik808
RED TURTLE MEDIA

epik808 posts videos on PbNation
epik808 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
joy guy does fraige then b.c comes over the top any guy would go for a simo then other and only guy alive joy runs in dont know whos alive or dead shoots fraige then bc!!

fragie was dead get the **** out of the way i would shoot bc if i was him to u never know what if he runs hast bc then ref call's him clean his back is to bc.

then bc truns around and kills the joy guy running for the flag. the joy guy did the right thing.

dynasty wins so its all over but the crying joy is on fire tho!
Old 10-23-2006, 03:10 PM #55
Blazestorm2
I like me

IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT SEB SHOT BC BEFORE HE GOT OVER THE SNAKE.

Listen.

First Joy vs. Alex - Tradeout. BOTH ARE DEAD
BC runs to go bunker the joy player to make sure he's dead, but gets shot by Seb in the process...

That's 1 joy left, 0 dynasty.

But!... the Joy player LAYING DOWN, and ALREADY shot... shoots BC... so they pull a 3 for 1... shooting after you're dead... so that would pull Seb out... and since there are not enough players to fully assess the 3 for 1, they give the pull and hang to Dynasty.

The overshooting penalty was on Seb, and that's just a 6 game suspension...

There were two SEPERATE calls.

Either way, Joy screwed up...
Old 10-23-2006, 03:12 PM #56
Justin6547
Fallout/260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazestorm2
IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT SEB SHOT BC BEFORE HE GOT OVER THE SNAKE.

Listen.

First Joy vs. Alex - Tradeout. BOTH ARE DEAD
BC runs to go bunker the joy player to make sure he's dead, but gets shot by Seb in the process...

That's 1 joy left, 0 dynasty.

But!... the Joy player LAYING DOWN, and ALREADY shot... shoots BC... so they pull a 3 for 1... shooting after you're dead... so that would pull Seb out... and since there are not enough players to fully assess the 3 for 1, they give the pull and hang to Dynasty.

The overshooting penalty was on Seb, and that's just a 6 game suspension...

There were two SEPERATE calls.

Either way, Joy screwed up...

EXACTLY!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 03:15 PM #57
Blazestorm2
I like me

And Alex didn't spin...

http://www.paintballstar.com/pn/modu...serialNumber=1

That's a trade...

If he had been shot in the BACK then turned around and shot the joy player, that's spinning... but turning at the same time and shooting the joy guy... it's a trade... regardless of how you wanna put it... any ref would call that a trade... unless they were at the perfect angle to see alex get shot first or the joy guy get shot first... then they could make a more accurate call but the refs weren't...
Old 10-23-2006, 03:19 PM #58
Justin6547
Fallout/260

... as the tables turn... i like it
Old 10-23-2006, 03:19 PM #59
geekwarrior81

Quote:
but looking at the vid and the pics, I don't think it was a trade out, but the dynasty player in the snake playing on after being shot.....so Seb didn't think he was out, and the ref hadn't pulled his arm band

JC knew he was already hit when he dove over the snake, and HE played on, so were the call for that?
Old 10-23-2006, 03:20 PM #60
Justin6547
Fallout/260

i would just like to stress the point that BC geing " shot" if it is true does not matter a single bit because Joy's last player was not pulled because of BC shooting him he was pulled for JOYS poor choice of actions
Old 10-23-2006, 03:26 PM #61
geekwarrior81

Quote:
And Alex didn't spin...

http://www.paintballstar.com/pn/modu...serialNumber=1

That's a trade...

If he had been shot in the BACK then turned around and shot the joy player, that's spinning... but turning at the same time and shooting the joy guy... it's a trade... regardless of how you wanna put it... any ref would call that a trade... unless they were at the perfect angle to see alex get shot first or the joy guy get shot first... then they could make a more accurate call but the refs weren't...
you don't know when that pic was taken...the one before it shows Alex looking the other way and the joy payer almost on top of him. The pic you have linked shows Alex with at least 3-4 hits on his arm, and nothing coming out of his gun...the next shot shows him STILL trying to get the Joy player.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:28 PM #62
JJW319
Welcome Back

TooMuch Chaos! I'm lost in it. Kinda...Very confusing.

But the call could've have gona eith way (right?)
The overshooting penelty was corect, however...
Old 10-23-2006, 03:29 PM #63
Blazestorm2
I like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekwarrior81
you don't know when that pic was taken...the one before it shows Alex looking the other way and the joy payer almost on top of him. The pic you have linked shows Alex with at least 3-4 hits on his arm, and nothing coming out of his gun...the next shot shows him STILL trying to get the Joy player.
Kid... you can't see the front of the joy player either, there could have been hits on him before he even went to bunker Alex... "Nothing coming out of his gun" you think the camera catches each paintball? uh no.

It was a trade, end of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekwarrior81
but looking at the vid and the pics, I don't think it was a trade out, but the dynasty player in the snake playing on after being shot.....so Seb didn't think he was out, and the ref hadn't pulled his arm band

JC knew he was already hit when he dove over the snake, and HE played on, so were the call for that?
Alex wasn't playing on, he was waiting for the ref to make a call... he was laying down in the snake...

If BC got shot AS he was diving over the snake, he was also SHOOTING the Joy player AS he was diving over... that would be a trade... again...

But because the Joy Player shot BC after he was dead (twice), that's why Joy got a 3 for 1.

Keep arguing, Joy SHOULD have won, but didn't because they ****ed up.