PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2013, 12:39 PM #1
CoNtRaKt-KiLLa
G-Ramps

has been a member for 10 years
Want a Luxe!

So im thinking about getting back into pb again. Ive stopped for 6 years. Im a smart parts fan so the luxe has always been a favorite of mine. just never bought one because i wasnt playing anymore. Now that ive got mula to blow i wanna give pb another shot just for funsies and first thing that came to mind was to get a luxe. But i somehow came across a vid on the Macdev Clone GT. I know Macdev peeps are super Macdev fans and will say Clone GT all the way, so im gonna ask you guys if you think the Clone GT is better than the Luxe. i appreciate your guys feedback.

BookFace
HK Army

|T|R|U|S|T|
super.star.killer
CoNtRaKt-KiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM #2
kellan

kellan is playing at Living Legends VI
kellan owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports DLX Technology
When I was deciding to buy a gun it was also between the Clone GT and the Luxe. I ended up getting the luxe only because I found it locally for crazy cheap and it was the exact color I wanted.

In all honesty, I think you'll be happy with either one. They both look dope and shoot money.
kellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:45 PM #3
CoNtRaKt-KiLLa
G-Ramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellan View Post
When I was deciding to buy a gun it was also between the Clone GT and the Luxe. I ended up getting the luxe only because I found it locally for crazy cheap and it was the exact color I wanted.

In all honesty, I think you'll be happy with either one. They both look dope and shoot money.
yea. i guess what i wanna know is which is more reliable, lighter, quieter, less kick(looking at videos, looks like the Clone wins), i know Macdev has better customer service. but I've always loved the feel of the luxe in my hands and the trigger. ive personally never held/seen a clone. so its kinda a tough decision.

BookFace
HK Army

|T|R|U|S|T|
super.star.killer
Old 01-28-2013, 02:06 PM #4
acabello72

acabello72 is playing at Living Legends VII
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I'm a clone gt guy but if I had to pick between the two I'd probably go crazy lol. Reliability honestly comes down to you. Both markers require attention. You can't just toss them in your bag, never touch them and expect them to be any good. If you take care of them, either one will be rock solid.
Weight us comparable on both so you really won't feel the difference when you're playing.

They both have great barrels so both are pretty quiet. Sound signatures are a little different. But both will give you a "puffing" sound.

The luxe you can adjust manifold settings and FT screw to adjust perceived smoothness so I think it wins with that regard.

Efficiency goes to the clone.

Ultimately it comes down to which YOU like to shoot better. Nobody can tell you that. I've owned both and enjoyed both. I have a GT now but wouldn't mind another luxe
acabello72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:42 PM #5
CoNtRaKt-KiLLa
G-Ramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by acabello72 View Post
I'm a clone gt guy but if I had to pick between the two I'd probably go crazy lol. Reliability honestly comes down to you. Both markers require attention. You can't just toss them in your bag, never touch them and expect them to be any good. If you take care of them, either one will be rock solid.
Weight us comparable on both so you really won't feel the difference when you're playing.

They both have great barrels so both are pretty quiet. Sound signatures are a little different. But both will give you a "puffing" sound.

The luxe you can adjust manifold settings and FT screw to adjust perceived smoothness so I think it wins with that regard.

Efficiency goes to the clone.

Ultimately it comes down to which YOU like to shoot better. Nobody can tell you that. I've owned both and enjoyed both. I have a GT now but wouldn't mind another luxe
alright. that helps out a lot. so i guess i forgot about accuracy. i know the clone reg is more consistent on the clone so I'm guessing the grouping is a lot tighter when shooting. but ive never shot one. so which is more accurate? (straighter at long distances with least ball drop) probably a stupid question cuz theyre both spool valve and both are gonna shoot straight as hell. but it doesnt hurt to ask before i blow my cash on a gun.

BookFace
HK Army

|T|R|U|S|T|
super.star.killer
Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 PM #6
acabello72

acabello72 is playing at Living Legends VII
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Accuracy really comes down to paint and bore size. No gun is more accurate than the next.
Good quality paint that has relatively consistent shape and weight (rarely happens anymore) will give you the best accuracy. Yes a good reg will help but paint is most important.
Two ways you can go. A good under bored barrel (if your paint is at around 683 go 678-680) good efficiency/consistency. Or you can over bore. Again 683 I'd personally use a 689-691. Good consistency poor efficiency.

Consistency is what you look for. Gives you more of an effective range. If your field allows 285. More of your shots will be closer to that limit and the more shots you put downfield will be at that limit. Better chance of breaking.

I PERSONALLY feel that the GT does have a better reg tho for what it's worth. But it's marginal.

Last edited by acabello72 : 01-28-2013 at 03:02 PM.
acabello72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:46 PM #7
Ty29
Nor Mich raised

As far as consistency goes, my Luxe shoots +/- 3 with top notch paint at nearly stock settings. It can definitely be finicky when it comes to getting that sort of consistency.

¨"°º¤ø„¸¨"°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°"¨¸„ø¤º°"¨
Ty29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:15 PM #8
wellsboy
BULL CITY SHOOTER

wellsboy is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
wellsboy supports DLX Technology
u will be fine with either one, i shoot luxe most of the time and its hard for me to attempt to play with anything else. i cant explain but it just feel right!! . another thing i like about the luxe is that all models parts are interchangable expect the eyecovers. i have all 2.0 parts on my 1.0 and it shoots amazing. so u can pick a 1.0 up for $650-$700 and still have a marker that beats alot of the newer markers out as far as performance and resale value.

Da LUXEMOB
wellsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:29 PM #9
CoNtRaKt-KiLLa
G-Ramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsboy View Post
u will be fine with either one, i shoot luxe most of the time and its hard for me to attempt to play with anything else. i cant explain but it just feel right!! . another thing i like about the luxe is that all models parts are interchangable expect the eyecovers. i have all 2.0 parts on my 1.0 and it shoots amazing. so u can pick a 1.0 up for $650-$700 and still have a marker that beats alot of the newer markers out as far as performance and resale value.
trust me. i know what you mean when you say "it just feels right'. the ergomonics of the luxes is just perfect for running and gunning and snapshooting. ive never held or seen a GT so im basing my decision blindly. it would seem like the GT would feel like the luxe because the design is so similar. i just dont know cuz I've never held one. lol

BookFace
HK Army

|T|R|U|S|T|
super.star.killer
Old 01-28-2013, 05:53 PM #10
UnrealS7
Get Some!

UnrealS7 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
UnrealS7 supports Team VICIOUS
UnrealS7 supports Team VICIOUS
UnrealS7 supports DLX Technology
UnrealS7 supports Ninja Paintball
UnrealS7 supports Empire
I've shot a clone gt locally at our field...and yea...
The 2.0 I had that same day was shooting waaaay better than that clone had a chance to. Efficiency wasn't great but that feather touch screw and 12 millisecond dwell with just the 2.0 can...Shoots money! Crisp new 100$ bills ALLL day long.

Course there have been some folks that have had their Luxes go squirrelly on them and the gt has had it's fantastic days I'm sure.

But to me the luxe feels better and shoots better with less wish-washyness(copyrighted word), as far as what your regular maintenance and tinkering can do to it. The bolt design is simpler and there isn't anything sophisticated or sharp in the hpr. Plus you get your own sexy lady voice to make you feel special when you touch her

Luxe Mob

UnrealS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 PM #11
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE

specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 is Boss
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
I have owned and used both very extensively.

I personally like the Luxe better. The grips felt nicer to me, although they are a bit thicker/the frame is thicker. I like it that way so it contors to my hands better.

Stock triggers, didnt like either which is why I put VP triggers on

Shot-wise, they are both nice in their own way. Clone has a bit more snappyness to it, while the luxe has a very soft shot to it. Both have minimal barrel rise though. I couldnt say which is "better", but I liked the Luxe more.

Efficiency, Clone wins. Simple as that.

I personally did not like how the HPR felt in my hand with the clone. I hold my guns a bit weird so it wasnt the clone itself. The luxe however felt/feels perfect.

Honestly your best bet is to try and shoot/hold both before buying. Worst case is that you buy one, dont like it and trade it for the other on here.

If you were near Connecticut I would let you shoot my luxe and my teammate would let you shoot his Clone GT. If you ARE close by, throw me a pm and we will make sure to meet up so you can figure it out

Goodluck to you and your choice!! Either way, you can not go wrong. They both have their pros and cons. You just have to decide which outweighs the other .
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:45 PM #12
pullmytriggerfinger

luxe

I have a used luxe all the 2.0 upgrades. if you havent found anything i could send pics.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 PM #13
PRballer9121

PRballer9121 supports Team VICIOUS
PRballer9121 supports DLX Technology
both are really comfortable to use. the both feel the same when shooting, the gt has more of a pop to the shot while the luxe is puffy. im a luxe fanboy. sold mine to get a clone but i regret it and really want another luxe. just my two cents on the subject

MASSIVE TEAM GEAR SALE

Proudly Sponsored by DLX Technologies | HK Army | Virtue | GI Sportz | Ozmio Extreme Sports | Emoll Photography | Ultimate Sportz
PRballer9121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM #14
carolinaragetc

carolinaragetc plays in the PSP
carolinaragetc plays in the APPA D4 division
I currently own both. GT wins in terms of performance almost all the way around, including smoothness. The Luxe wins in ergonomics.
Maintenance requirements is the same on both. Luxe is a little easier, but doesnt bother me.
Both are awesome and Ill never sell either. Really would recommend trying to shoot both
carolinaragetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:33 PM #15
da oreo
New New

da oreo supports DLX Technology
geo 3... just saying. lol I've shot all three and the geo3 was my favorite.
da oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:21 AM #16
OG-Eclipse
Ego 11 f/s/t pm me

OG-Eclipse is playing at Living Legends VI
OG-Eclipse supports Team VICIOUS
OG-Eclipse posts videos on PbNation
OG-Eclipse has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
OG-Eclipse is attending Decay of Nations VI
I have a luxe and think that it's ergonomics will best fit anyone, it just feels...perfect.

266+ 0-ebay feedback
OG-Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 AM #17
ccruz99
Naval Surface Warfare

ccruz99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ccruz99 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
ccruz99 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG-Eclipse View Post
I have a luxe and think that it's ergonomics will best fit anyone, it just feels...perfect.
ditto

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13
ccruz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:21 AM #18
wellsboy
BULL CITY SHOOTER

wellsboy is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by da oreo View Post
geo 3... just saying. lol I've shot all three and the geo3 was my favorite.
geo 3 cant even get near a luxe or gt, geo3 not in the same league at all

Da LUXEMOB
wellsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:34 AM #19
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE

specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 is Boss
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsboy View Post
geo 3 cant even get near a luxe or gt, geo3 not in the same league at all
+1
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:40 PM #20
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

oldmanian is a Supporting Member
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
oldmanian supports Bob Gurnsey
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
You shoot both and decide.
And enjoy what your shooting, life's too short to complain about pball gear.
"Originally posted by aarospoon13: Dodgy gauntlets are OP."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 PM #21
DanR
Stock Luxe 1.0

DanR plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
DanR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DanR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DanR is an NCPA player
DanR supports DLX Technology
the reliability of both of these guns comes down 100% on the owner
as far as smoothness i beleive it is the same if you know what u doing a luxe will shoot just as smooth as a gt ive shot several GTs and the only thing i could complain about was the sharpness of the trigger frame edges the triangular shape of the reg cover and the grips basically my luxe has ruined me and i just dont like how they feel