High School? - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Anyone else feel the same way?
Yes 48 62.34%
No 29 37.66%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-05-2005, 01:56 PM #1
Enjoipaintball6

High School?

My mom is being a huge ***** and she's "concerned" because I don't have any academic initiative anymore. I am at 1 of the top 5 public schools in the country (Whitman), and I don't care at all about school anymore. I still have like, a 3.5 weighted GPA, and I got an 1810 on the PSAT, and I know I can improve my SAT score by about 150-200. My mom is making me talk to my counselor about it because she is being such an idiot. I don't feel so insecure that I have to get straight A's and be a grade-grubbing little ***** like all the other kids at my school. My mom's latest complaint is that I "Don't do anything but play video games all day". Well of course, what else am I going to do? It gets dark at 5, it's been raining almost every day, and she doesn't come home until I've already been home for 3 hours, so she has no idea. I hate this bull****. I don't WANT to go to a ****ing Ivy League, I just want to go to college and have fun. Does anyone else have the same attitude about high school?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2005, 01:59 PM #2
barbrady

yes, but I'm a freshman in h.s. and I'm already sick of it. I'm not keeping my grades up mainly because i just dont give a ****. I'm not saying I'm a genious or anything, but I'm definately smart enough to get all A's.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:02 PM #3
protsg3man

like you took the words out of my mouth.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:10 PM #4
Enjoipaintball6

My mom goes, "Why aren't you ever happy?" and I say, "Maybe because school SUCKS!" and she goes starts going on and on about it. Since when was school fun? School sucks complete ***. Of course I'm going to be unhappy, I go to school for 7 hours a day. My mom says, "Oh well school doesn't have to be your life." Yeah, it's obviously not my life. The thing is, I don't even want it to be a PART of my life. I waste the best part of the day in that hellhole. I'm not going to do ****ing homework when I get home too.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:10 PM #5
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

MVPaintballer is a Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
If you're not getting close to straight A's in 9th grade, you're not going to do well for the rest of high school.

You should take High School seriously, because when you apply to college you're going to wish your GPA was just a bit higher.

What state do you live in Enjoi?
Old 01-05-2005, 02:11 PM #6
Enjoipaintball6

I'm a junior now. All I care about is getting out. I live in MD.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:11 PM #7
dkyser

no because i could give a **** less about my grades
Old 01-05-2005, 02:14 PM #8
automagwarrior

has been a member for 10 years
automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I went through the same thing my senior year. I had ridiculously easy classes and i never had work to do basically, because the real academic teachers i had were push-overs. I almost got kicked out of my house because of the arguing. I just learned to roll with the punches, and just sit in your room and tell them you have been doing homework for a good hour, at least once or twice a week to pacify your parents. Tell your parents you dont see what the problem is as long as your grades are decent. Even raise them a little and show them some "initiative". They feed off that kind of stuff. As for the ivy league stuff, iv'e never been in the realm to ever consider those schools, so i cant help you there.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:18 PM #9
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

MVPaintballer is a Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
Maybe you mean top-5 ranked school in the state, because you are 2nd in the state =/
Old 01-05-2005, 02:23 PM #10
cosmec

meh im a senior...exams are almost over...SMOOTH SAILING FOR ME NOW!!!
Old 01-05-2005, 02:25 PM #11
Petis_spyderman
Soberity Kills Me.

Quote:
Originally posted by cosmec
meh im a senior...exams are almost over...SMOOTH SAILING FOR ME NOW!!!
2 more weeks, and my core classes are over...

then, the "Fluff" classes.

viva la class of 2005
Old 01-05-2005, 02:27 PM #12
Rebeltilldeath3
Suicide Messiah

Rebeltilldeath3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
School is school. When I hit high school, my grades dropped like hell. I was a very low B, high C student. As long as I had decent grades I was happy, because going out with my g/f, friends, partying, and drinking are all that mattered.
How I'd miss all the whiskey an' women.
I tried to be true, but it's all I can do,
Keepin' up with the Jonesin'
Old 01-05-2005, 02:56 PM #13
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3
going out with my g/f, friends, partying, and drinking are all that matter!.
fixed.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:59 PM #14
Ziggy13
MollyPitcher.com

Ziggy13 is a Supporting Member
Wow I got a 2.5 gpa and a 1080 SAT and I thought I was smart
Old 01-05-2005, 03:16 PM #15
LiKiDbAlLa
Wipe.Kill.Win

Re: High School?

Quote:
Originally posted by Enjoipaintball6
My mom is being a huge ***** and she's "concerned" because I don't have any academic initiative anymore. I am at 1 of the top 5 public schools in the country (Whitman), and I don't care at all about school anymore. I still have like, a 3.5 weighted GPA, and I got an 1810 on the PSAT, and I know I can improve my SAT score by about 150-200. My mom is making me talk to my counselor about it because she is being such an idiot. I don't feel so insecure that I have to get straight A's and be a grade-grubbing little ***** like all the other kids at my school. My mom's latest complaint is that I "Don't do anything but play video games all day". Well of course, what else am I going to do? It gets dark at 5, it's been raining almost every day, and she doesn't come home until I've already been home for 3 hours, so she has no idea. I hate this bull****. I don't WANT to go to a ****ing Ivy League, I just want to go to college and have fun. Does anyone else have the same attitude about high school?
Hey the school i goto is called whitman. Except its in ny.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:16 PM #16
BigTallGoofyGuy

i used to get all pissed off about high school and then i just stopped caring and started just flowing through my day. I dont mean i dont get good grades or do my work i just do it the slacker way.

Most of my classes are just lectures and busy work class assignments so i just do the work sheet, book work, what ever, and then i just chill and talk with my friends or sleep. The thing is that almost all class work and home work assignments teachers dont actually check they just make sure you did it, so i just right stuff thats some what relavant to what there talking about and finish any piece of class work in like 10 minutes max. Then so you know what there talking about you skim it and see what there talking about so you know it for the tests. If i have home work i'll normally just do it in my classes while my teacher is talking.

All i do is relax bs all home work and class work assignments and then actually do the occasionally projects they give. With all the slacking off i am still at like a 3.5.

you guys just gotta stop hating school so much and except it for what it is, after you do that it just seems like one big 7 hour social period.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:20 PM #17
BC Predz
digiwave

BC Predz is a Supporting Member
BC Predz plays in the USPL
BC Predz plays in the PSP
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
What part of maryland do u live in? I say this all the time to people that brag about having a 3.0 and above. "we all get the same diploma ". The same thing applys in college. What is the diffrence in going to a popular high dollar college then a community college. O yea i know......So u can put a sticker on the back window of your car to brag about i went to college here and im a snob and the truth is nobody really gives a ****. It doesnt get u a better job either. A degree is a degree.

All i have to say is have a lil fun. Mess with the teachers, *****es etc.....Be unmotivated but dont fail. Your senoir year will be easier. I did next to nothing my senoir year. I just showed up and didnt piss of the teachers to much. Time will go by much faster if u have fun with it instead of taking it in a negitive way which isnt hard to do.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:21 PM #18
Enjoipaintball6

Quote:
Originally posted by MVPaintballer
Maybe you mean top-5 ranked school in the state, because you are 2nd in the state =/
No, it was in the Newsweek top 5. There isn't a better school in the state. I'm in MoCo.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:25 PM #19
AutoMaggot

AutoMaggot is a Moderator
Grades don't matter as much as extra curricular activities. Get involved with something you enjoy and make sure your mom knows about it.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:26 PM #20
Evil Tender

I was the same as you, and now i am trying to be forced into the millitary cuz i siad, id join before but now i dont want too...so ia m ****ed. they wont leave me alone.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:27 PM #21
AR55 MtM

You all will regret your actions that you are taking once you realize you can't live off of $25,000