Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-01-2008, 09:52 PM #22
shockwaveGK

has been a member for 10 years
Good point took the words right out of my mouth. I'm not going to boycot the lesgue or anything, I just don't really understnd. You might as well make 5 man semi. Sounds more like NPPL.
shockwaveGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2008, 09:55 PM #23
RobbyH10

id b down for a more nppl style 5-man, either way im fine but ur right it doesnt make since with the whole feeder series thing
RobbyH10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:19 PM #24
wickedgrim13
dannyhill1311@gmail.com

sorry kiddies but the new fields will be at the next events in Rockhill . the fields will be x ball style fields just in 5 man there will be no X in the middle only x ball so you will still be playing on x ball fields you just wont have the x to hide behind and if the carwash is the same size it was years ago i think you will come to like it as well because it was fun then to play
Old 03-01-2008, 10:31 PM #25
rghbsn
Save a tree, eat a beaver

How about a picture of the new carwash? Is it a true "carwash" with the dangling crap, or is it just a big friggin' triangular prism like the 7 man fields last year?
Larry Motes Fan Club #3
feedback Me Proper Villains PV Myspace
Planet Eclipse GZ Paintball PaintballX3.com Paintball Central
Compulsive Paintball Animal Paintball Batteries Plus Southwest Paintball
Tarheel Open & Carolina Classic Champions!
rghbsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:35 PM #26
shockwaveGK

Man I love the center X. Im gonna cry myself to sleep tonight and cuddle with my mini X.
shockwaveGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:48 PM #27
wickedgrim13
dannyhill1311@gmail.com

As far as being a feeder series I in no way think that is the case the cfoa and psp is striving for the same goal and that is to give the players what they want and they have the same vision in paintball the cfoa has adapted the same rules with some modification as the psp because we have players that play both leagues and both leagues have adapted the same format so the teams dont have to worry about coming and having the same format with different rules at the same time offering players an oppertunity to play at the next level if they choose to just my thought on this matter
Old 03-01-2008, 10:51 PM #28
wickedgrim13
dannyhill1311@gmail.com

if it is the same one im thinking of from yrs past it was opened on the sides so you could go in it with no strings
Old 03-01-2008, 10:57 PM #29
rghbsn

Okay, I think I know which one you mean. EXP had them, didn't they?
Larry Motes Fan Club #3
Old 03-01-2008, 11:15 PM #30
Dmashley
KRYPTONITE PAINTBALL!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgrim13 View Post
As far as being a feeder series I in no way think that is the case the cfoa and psp is striving for the same goal and that is to give the players what they want and they have the same vision in paintball the cfoa has adapted the same rules with some modification as the psp because we have players that play both leagues and both leagues have adapted the same format so the teams dont have to worry about coming and having the same format with different rules at the same time offering players an oppertunity to play at the next level if they choose to just my thought on this matter
This quote came from the interview with Josh:
Another question you see a lot of is that the CFOA / PSP go hand in hand and what ever the PSP does the CFOA will follow, such examples being the 13.3 BPS rule and the series sponsored paint only rule. The answer to this question is yes.

You can find the interview here if you want to read the whole thing. https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2576264
Me and my teams are playing all the formats the CFOA has to offer no matter what. My Teams support the CFOA. This is just my observation on this, nothing else.
See ya at the next 5 man
Looking for an ego.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2992714
Dmashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:15 AM #31
kilby24

kilby24 is a Supporting Member
kilby24 plays in the MiLP
kilby24 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Say it ain't so . . .

Part of the appeal of playing the CFOA for me is playing the Xball layout, having the layout posted ahead of time, and having the opportunity to practice it prior to the event. Its just more fun that way to me.

I personally hope that at worst case scenario we see a return to last year where you see two layouts and one is not an xball layout or something.

As far as the cost of repairing x's I am not sure that argument holds up. It just seems that it would be just as cost effective to keep one style layout since you already have to have them for Xball and not have to keep large car washes too. You can tear up a large car wash just as easy as you can tear up the leg of an X an I don't know but i would say the cost is close to the same to repair or replace.

Sounds to me like it only helps out Sup Air by having people who want to practice on these fields have to buy different bunkers.

Many fields that support the CFOA have both teams that play Xball and 5man wouldn't this change just make it harder and more costly on them?

Haven't seen a post by Larry or Josh yet so I hope this is one post that ends up not being true. Either way . . . see ya at Rock Hill.

Gearbag Sale - PM8s, boards, bored out boomstick, DM3, Empire Resurrection, etc.,
kilby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:36 AM #32
usedpaintballstuff

usedpaintballstuff plays in the PSP
usedpaintballstuff plays in the APPA D4 division
usedpaintballstuff has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
usedpaintballstuff has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilby24 View Post
Haven't seen a post by Larry or Josh yet so I hope this is one post that ends up not being true. Either way . . . see ya at Rock Hill.
True there has been no post...but the info came from Larry...He said all the new bunkers were on the way...He was not sure if they would be ready by the March tourney...
2009 Regional 3-Man Champs
2008 World Cup Champs
usedpaintballstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:35 AM #33
Sygma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilby24 View Post
Part of the appeal of playing the CFOA for me is playing the Xball layout, having the layout posted ahead of time, and having the opportunity to practice it prior to the event. Its just more fun that way to me.

I personally hope that at worst case scenario we see a return to last year where you see two layouts and one is not an xball layout or something.

As far as the cost of repairing x's I am not sure that argument holds up. It just seems that it would be just as cost effective to keep one style layout since you already have to have them for Xball and not have to keep large car washes too. You can tear up a large car wash just as easy as you can tear up the leg of an X an I don't know but i would say the cost is close to the same to repair or replace.

Sounds to me like it only helps out Sup Air by having people who want to practice on these fields have to buy different bunkers.

Many fields that support the CFOA have both teams that play Xball and 5man wouldn't this change just make it harder and more costly on them?

the same layouts on the same fields for xball and 5man can get a little boring. Teams will have seen the layout and played on it if they played xball the weekend before. (several games over the course of the two days on the same layouts). Yea yea i know they release the layouts early and everyone has a fair chance blah blah blah. What happened to the excitement of comming to a field having no clue what it looked like, and you got to walk the field when you decided to make the trip to the field the night before the tournament. It brings back alot more skill in the game, to show what a player can do with a field he has not played on before. That is where players/teams are made great. anyways, that was my morning rant. sorry if half of it dident make sense. Im off to play paintball!
Sygma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:23 AM #34
psycko069

I dont care. I just want to play paintball....

www.proper-villains.com
Planet Eclipse GZ Paintball
PaintballX3.com Paintball Central
Compulsive Paintball Animal Paintball
Batteries Plus Southwest Paintball
Salisbury Photography
psycko069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:19 AM #35
MarkParris
CK Mafia

MarkParris is a Supporting Member
MarkParris owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikowski View Post
Ummm...

Don't even try and pull that card. It's about the same if your looking at D3 5man and D3 Xball IF you have 5 teammates on 5man and 10 on Xball.

The CFOA having to spend money on blown X's is lame. If you want Xball, join with another 5man team and play.
We have an xball squad... Not everyone can afford xball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgrim13 View Post
sorry kiddies but the new fields will be at the next events in Rockhill . the fields will be x ball style fields just in 5 man there will be no X in the middle only x ball so you will still be playing on x ball fields you just wont have the x to hide behind and if the carwash is the same size it was years ago i think you will come to like it as well because it was fun then to play
Fields will be much more open now, unless its a real carwash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rghbsn View Post
How about a picture of the new carwash? Is it a true "carwash" with the dangling crap, or is it just a big friggin' triangular prism like the 7 man fields last year?
That would be awesome. Old school.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:59 AM #36
BIGN
Size sexy

BIGN is a Moderator
BIGN is a Supporting Member
BIGN is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
BIGN supports Ninja Paintball
here is the car wash off of the sup-air web site....although who knows if this is the one they will be using

Last edited by BIGN : 03-02-2008 at 10:02 AM.
BIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:00 AM #37
mattcep

mattcep owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mattcep supports Team VICIOUS
i think that would rip more like the little string thing would tear off

xball fields ftw
mattcep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:35 PM #38
rghbsn

EXP had those w/out the strands hanging down...then they jammed some rollies in there and *****ed it all up. Anyway, if that's what they use, the lanes won't be way different...no blind shots threw the creases of the X. But there won't be any mad dashes to the middle of the field, either. That would be sweet...I'm all about it.
Larry Motes Fan Club #3
Old 03-02-2008, 07:54 PM #39
epidemic23

epidemic23 is a Supporting Member
Let's start a chant....

X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL!

btw, X-BALL!

old_fb
epidemic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:13 PM #40
s0c0mnati0n
What hit.. pssh thats rub

i think the change is a good idea, but im hoping its not an actual carwash with the strings, im hoping its just a big ole triangular prism in the middle. cause it seems like the one with the strings would rip more than the x's would
s0c0mnati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:36 PM #41
Seatbelts
Buckle up

Seatbelts supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by epidemic23 View Post
Let's start a chant....

X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL! X-BALL!

btw, X-BALL!

You're nobody, till somebody, kills you. -Biggie.
I'm amazin', yeah, I'm all that If I ain't on my grind then what you call that? Victorious, yeah, we warriors We make history, strive off victory
Seatbelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:41 PM #42
bobbye (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatbelts View Post
unless they get some real NPPL bunkers this is terrible news. i love the x ball layouts..
agree
bobbye is offline   Reply With Quote