Old 01-18-2013, 06:41 PM #1
thenoob23
Axe+$$

thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
thenoob23 supports DLX Technology
Question Training/practice

Hello im kind of new to paintball but i was wondering what all i need to practice like filling up my loader faster,walking the trigger and also any fitness wise things i need to do for paintball like cardio etc.
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2013, 06:51 PM #2
Traje

Traje is playing at Living Legends VI
Traje is playing at Living Legends VIII
Traje has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Traje supports Empire
two things before everything else:

1. Start running
2. Work on your aim

and don't ever forget to have fun out there!
Traje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 PM #3
thenoob23
Axe+$$

Thanks Traje
Old 01-18-2013, 07:58 PM #4
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bump_Pitch supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
Thanks Traje
For the fitness portion, do you play any school sports? I personally wrestle and it puts me in amazing shape for paintball. Track and field also is a good sport
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:15 PM #5
thenoob23
Axe+$$

Alright will consider but i can not play sports because i brok my groath plate 1 year ago not till im 18 but paintball im aloud.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:18 AM #6
PCPaintball.Scott
BALLING SINCE 84'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traje View Post
two things before everything else:

1. Start running
2. Work on your aim

and don't ever forget to have fun out there!
I like that last part best.
Have fun out there!

But as stated above
1. Start running.
Might use your harness with some added weight to simulate paint like bottles of water that fit your pack.
2. Work on your aim.
Even just drills without paint learning to bring your gun up to a shooting position. will help you learn to make the moves second nature. Again added weight to make maneuvering your fully loaded gear much easier in the actual game.

Every bit of training you do off the field in your spare time only adds to your game on the field.

Train at home. Train as often as you can. Put your training to the test at the field when you go.

Also remember that you learn more from losing than winning.

A certain top pro I know when he was a young kid at SC Village actually cried because he got his butt kicked but he never quit!
Phone # 626-391-9706
Store Hours
Tuesday to Saturday-12am to 9pm
Best Deals in Town!***Ask 4 your Discount!!!***
http://www.facebook.com/PCPaintballWC001
PCPaintball.Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:23 AM #7
thenoob23
Axe+$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCPaintball.Scott View Post
I like that last part best.
Have fun out there!

But as stated above
1. Start running.
Might use your harness with some added weight to simulate paint like bottles of water that fit your pack.
2. Work on your aim.
Even just drills without paint learning to bring your gun up to a shooting position. will help you learn to make the moves second nature. Again added weight to make maneuvering your fully loaded gear much easier in the actual game.

Every bit of training you do off the field in your spare time only adds to your game on the field.

Train at home. Train as often as you can. Put your training to the test at the field when you go.

Also remember that you learn more from losing than winning.

A certain top pro I know when he was a young kid at SC Village actually cried because he got his butt kicked but he never quit!
Lol thanks I will do the extra wieght like you had mentioned.But usally to stay in fit i do 30-50 sit ups,45 push ups,then during gym we do 5 minutes of running but i do practice after school all the time appricate it thanks.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:46 AM #8
Coastermaniac

Coastermaniac owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
Lol thanks I will do the extra wieght like you had mentioned.But usally to stay in fit i do 30-50 sit ups,45 push ups,then during gym we do 5 minutes of running but i do practice after school all the time appricate it thanks.
While this is better then nothing running 5 minutes and doing a couple of push-ups isn't exactly substensial. You can do alot of great weight training with just 2 dumbells, a gym is even better but can get expensive.
Coastermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:58 PM #9
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Paintball is more about leg work than anything else. You don't even need much upper body(although it never hurts). I would do more running than anything else. Run tough trails(not nice sidwalks), stairs, wind sprints, heck running through forest where you have to dodge trees and hit uneven ground really gets your endurance up and gives you a strong core.

Your ultimate goal is to be faster, more agile.....and to recover quickly without gasping for air.

I'm a little confused why you can play paintball but not other sports? Paintball is actually pretty hard on the body if you play tournament style. Not like football but certainly more than baseball lol.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:13 AM #10
thenoob23
Axe+$$

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Paintball is more about leg work than anything else. You don't even need much upper body(although it never hurts). I would do more running than anything else. Run tough trails(not nice sidwalks), stairs, wind sprints, heck running through forest where you have to dodge trees and hit uneven ground really gets your endurance up and gives you a strong core.

Your ultimate goal is to be faster, more agile.....and to recover quickly without gasping for air.

I'm a little confused why you can play paintball but not other sports? Paintball is actually pretty hard on the body if you play tournament style. Not like football but certainly more than baseball lol.
And because the cleats have special padding in them to coushion my heel when i run but im able to run about 6-7 minutes with out heavy breathing is that good or should i limber up more?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 AM #11
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

Coenen plays in the MiLP
Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
Paintball or no, you should be fit in the first place. Solid base fitness will put you in a decent spot for recreational paintball a couple times a month.

If you're playing a lot and want to work on paintball specifically, we've already mentioned the biggies, running, mix in both distance and sprints to pump up your endurance, burst, and recovery rate. Lower body, squats, and a squat thrusts, even without added weight, provided you do a lot of good form reps, will give you a good solid base. Personally, I think that core/upper body are still pretty important, you've got to be able to bring that gun up, and really lock in a stable firing position, even if you're in a strange position behind a bunker, or other obstacle. Flexibility is important as well, sometimes you find yourself contorted in some interesting ways out on the field.

If you are really going to ramp up what you're doing, I'd also advise you to consult with your doctor about whether or not the work you're putting in will endanger your recovery from that earlier injury.
BLACK '07+ Planet Eclipse OOPS
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:35 PM #12
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
6-7 minutes of running? Or 6-7 minutes if running, jumping, sliding, getting up and down etc? Plain running is of some value but paintball requires more of a conditioning type of training.

You'll know your fitness level pretty quick once you actually start playing regularly.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:44 PM #13
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

I made a thread that addresses all of this:
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3750737
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:39 AM #14
FXBaller

FXBaller is for the Gunfight
FXBaller is for the Gunfight
FXBaller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FXBaller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post

All good information, but. I will disagree about upper body strength as it is useful for stability, endurance, and faster movements. I would do a bunch of different things for your upper body as well as lower. As of right now, I am doing many things in the gym that require both heavy weights and also endurance weight... Lots of reps for endurance, lots of weight low reps for heavy. Will help with many things to have a strong upper body, and core, as well as having a powerful, durable lower body.
Diversity #02
FXBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:48 PM #15
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bump_Pitch supports Ninja Paintball
Working your core would be good also, for faster snapping
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:34 PM #16
Crookeye

Crookeye supports Empire
Crookeye is All In
Crookeye is All In
#1 thing to make you better than other new guys very quickly... get used to shooting with your off-hand.

easiest way to do that is work on it at home. while you're being lazy and watching tv, just hold your gun in your off hand and pretend to shoot. it sounds really dumb and silly to do, but it works really well. basically you just become really comfortable with the feeling of it and it just carries over to when you're playing. make sure to practice switching hands to. right handed to left handed and back again.

Boss Paintball Products
Crookeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:58 PM #17
jman70

Hmmm, cool advice
jman70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:00 PM #18
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
1st you need to be able to shoot with both hands and hold the gun correctly.

2nd you need to practice snap shooting until your blue in the face. start with targets like boxes and barrels and then work your way up to doing 1 ball snap shooting drills with a partner.

3rd running and gunning is important, make sure to always have your gun up as you move around the field.

4th the most important thing in team paintball is communication. Always do your best to work with your team and let them know what you see and are doing and ask them for the same info.

Sliding is important but its over rated, and you can win tournaments without it.

If you dedicate yourself and work on the 4 things I listed you will very quickly become one of it not the best player at your local field. good luck.
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 PM #19
welchmann

welchmann owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
welchmann supports DLX Technology
welchmann supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC001 View Post
1st you need to be able to shoot with both hands and hold the gun correctly.

2nd you need to practice snap shooting until your blue in the face. start with targets like boxes and barrels and then work your way up to doing 1 ball snap shooting drills with a partner.

3rd running and gunning is important, make sure to always have your gun up as you move around the field.

4th the most important thing in team paintball is communication. Always do your best to work with your team and let them know what you see and are doing and ask them for the same info.

Sliding is important but its over rated, and you can win tournaments without it.

If you dedicate yourself and work on the 4 things I listed you will very quickly become one of it not the best player at your local field. good luck.

Thats good advice right there thumbs up
welchmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 AM #20
SupaSteve20

SupaSteve20 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SupaSteve20 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SupaSteve20 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
OP... i'm assuming you go to high school... Taking that into consideration you should have an athletic trainer on premises that works with the schools athletic department. GO TALK TO HIM! Tell him about your growth plate issues, your goals and your capabilities. He will help you put together a proper work out plan to maximize your potential. Every person is different in terms of their ability to put on muscle be it endurance or strength.

The ideas given here are all good, however no one here knows you or your limits. Weight training has been an important staple in my life for over 10 years and luckily i was able to avoid any potential injuries by learning the proper techniques this should also be a concern for you.

Talking to an expert who can visually evaluate you will be the most beneficial.

Aside from that im not very good a paintball but i love it anyway. "HAVE FUN OUT THERE" best piece of advice i read
Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 PM #21
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaSteve20 View Post
OP... i'm assuming you go to high school... Taking that into consideration you should have an athletic trainer on premises that works with the schools athletic department. GO TALK TO HIM! Tell him about your growth plate issues, your goals and your capabilities. He will help you put together a proper work out plan to maximize your potential. Every person is different in terms of their ability to put on muscle be it endurance or strength.

The ideas given here are all good, however no one here knows you or your limits. Weight training has been an important staple in my life for over 10 years and luckily i was able to avoid any potential injuries by learning the proper techniques this should also be a concern for you.

Talking to an expert who can visually evaluate you will be the most beneficial.

Aside from that im not very good a paintball but i love it anyway. "HAVE FUN OUT THERE" best piece of advice i read
OP is 13 lol
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote