Midwest Whiteout

has been a member for 10 years
team_xile plays in the PSP
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile supports DLX Technology
team_xile supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunna02 View Post
But the cool part is in the last game a guy from their team bonus balled the hell out of me ( after his dad was told to sit down and quit coaching) and as I walked off the field the old bastard was standing there laughing at me. you are cool man! Keep on cheating it gets you RESPECT!!

I wasn't there, but that remark right there (if it is true) leads me to believe that the rumors about wiping, and coaching are not too exaggerated. There is NO reason for a player to get laughed at for being bonus balled. It is a part of the sport, and players usually take it well, but to have a father laugh because his son was the one who did it is just plain WRONG.
What sickens me, is that this is a small local tournament. Nothing big, no real big payoff for winning, and players (kids and adults alike) will do anything they can to try and win....

Parents that act like that are the reason there is sports violence...their child can do no wrong....to the child and the father who acted that way, you should be ashamed of yourselves, and do all of us and the sport a favor and quit!

As I said, I wasn't there (wish I could have been,but an emergency job arose) but from what I heard, some of the sportsmanship was ****ty, and should not be allowed. Brew City is a legit business, so the right thing will come of this, but in the meantime, some of you players need to use this "off season" to grow up, grow a set of balls, and learn to act like adults.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2012, 05:58 PM #23
HiMom
BennyBoom

HiMom works for a Paintball manufacturer
HiMom plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
HiMom supports Ninja Paintball
Who took top 3?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:32 PM #24
MU WISCOBALLER

MU WISCOBALLER supports Team VICIOUS
MU WISCOBALLER is an NCPA player
MU WISCOBALLER plays in the APPA D5 division
MU WISCOBALLER has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
MU WISCOBALLER supports Ninja Paintball
Siege Casual, MW Whiteout, Project Mayhem Local
Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 PM #25
darkhorizon
well...

darkhorizon plays in the PSP
darkhorizon supports Team VICIOUS
darkhorizon supports DLX Technology
snipers in the rafters, haters in the stands, a massive internet conspiracy.

drama whats done is done.. take your licks, &an@ some chicks lololol

wasn't there but is always the same story.

good business, from what i heard a good event. Be thankful there are still fields running reasonably priced local events with nice packages.

sportsmanship is not the responsibility of the field rather the players themselves at large. refs are like cops want to deal with more authority or more personal responsibility?

Project Mayhem

Happy Birthday
Bring back uncapped semi....

PX
Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 PM #26
brettwolf19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackattack View Post
any video footage of the tourney?
Yes there is footage of the game which is currently being reviewed by the owner of the filed both the security cameras from all angles showing everything outside the netting as well as the film of the games.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 AM #27
WillBunkerforFood
Sku Allstars

WillBunkerforFood plays in the PSP
WillBunkerforFood owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
WillBunkerforFood plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettwolf19 View Post
Yes there is footage of the game which is currently being reviewed by the owner of the filed both the security cameras from all angles showing everything outside the netting as well as the film of the games.
Oh ****, this just got real! *sits down with popcorn*

LNIB Orange Sly Profits FS!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 AM #28
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

CombatOi84 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
CombatOi84 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettwolf19 View Post
.... What is this the NFL with instant replay?

Whiping/Playing on is part of the sport... You take a big risk cheating, i.e losing multiple bodies, and most likely losing the point. If the refs missed calls then they missed calls. It happens in EVERY sport. There is no reason to boycott a field because there local line did some cheating...

Also if you are thinking of doing something like baring this team from the next tournament if you found some cheating, I must say if that's how most tournaments handled things then there would be NO tournament paintball... If you found out they cheated hard then just keep a closer eye on them next tournament.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:48 AM #29
bsmagacz
SHOOT 2THRILL,PLAY 2 KILL

bsmagacz is a Supporting Member
bsmagacz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bsmagacz has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
so Eric....whats the verdict? Is this all cool now and we should just forget about it, or is the player banned, or is the team kicked out of the event? He was warned and allowed to do it again. I wouldnt mind seeing said proof either if someone wants to come forward with that info.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:21 AM #30
RTE33

RTE33 is playing at Living Legends V
RTE33 is playing at Living Legends VI
RTE33 is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOi84 View Post

Whiping/Playing on is part of the sport... You take a big risk cheating, i.e losing multiple bodies, and most likely losing the point. If the refs missed calls then they missed calls. It happens in EVERY sport. There is no reason to boycott a field because there local line did some cheating...

Also if you are thinking of doing something like baring this team from the next tournament if you found some cheating, I must say if that's how most tournaments handled things then there would be NO tournament paintball... If you found out they cheated hard then just keep a closer eye on them next tournament.
Most ignorant post i have ever read. You are a discredit to this sport.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:08 AM #31
Skipdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOi84 View Post

This post left a bad taste in my mouth too. And the other posts that say cheating happens, whatever.
It wasnt always that way. Guess times have changed. Maybe tournaments should just be the honor system and fields can save money by not using refs
Old 12-07-2012, 08:20 AM #32
Stunna02
*MW*

Stunna02 plays in the PSP
Stunna02 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Stunna02 plays in the APPA D4 division
Stunna02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTE33 View Post
Most ignorant post i have ever read. You are a discredit to this sport.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 AM #33
wisballa1

sorry eric, your a good guy and do so much for paintball in wisconsin and you run a legit business and i did not mean for this thread to just hound on your refs...it was a great tourney. unfortunately there is always gonna be cheating in paintball...people will do anything to win and sometimes that means they cheat. it sucks but it happens!!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:27 AM #34
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Anyone else sometimes think people who cheat in tournaments should be gone after for theft? Really, what they're doing is stealing the prizes (cash, product prizes, and potential sponsorships) away from people who play hard, play fair, and deserve better than to have to play against cheaters. Just a thought.

Cheating is NOT part of the game, nor should it be accepted by anyone. People who think "oh, it's just wiping" seriously need to find another sport to be involved in. I've long believed cheaters well deserve to be excluded from events at all levels.

Granted, sometimes things happen. Those are true penalties. Things like playing on with a non-obvious hit. We've all been there, get hit in the pack, front of the hopper, etc. Blatant cheating should be dealt with in the harshest manner possible.

And now that I've sugar coated my feelings on cheating in paintball, we return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:50 AM #35
falz-

You all should stfu and stop beating a dead horse. Cheating is part of the sport, just as its part of any sport, and usually there are penaliteis for such behavior. We run around with ariguns and play a game of tag, I don't know why you guys are acting like paintball is some massive brotherhood of honorable people, get over yourselves. The NFL analogy was spot on, and whether or not it left a bad taste in your mouth is pointless cuz its the truth. There a cheaters in paintball, and if you cant reconcile that in your head, then your an idiot.

Here's a novel idea. In addition to entry fee, teams should be forced to kick in another X amount of dollars in escrow for blatant cheating penalties. Just like in the NFL for a horse collar tackle or helmet to helmet etc etc. You wipe, you pay. If your team plays clean, you get your deposit back.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 AM #36
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Buying the ability to cheat? Really?

Maybe some of us just expect more out of this game.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 AM #37
falz-

Not really. Keep all current rules and penalties in place. You wipe, you get a 2/3/4 whatever for one penalty, plus a financial penalty. This would not be buying cheating.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM #38
XM15

The problem pump scout is those of us who expect better remember the days of paintball before elecro machine guns and airball. The younger guys have no idea what paintball and tourneys used to be like so how can they expect better?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43 AM #39
falz-

Quote:
Originally Posted by XM15 View Post
The problem pump scout is those of us who expect better remember the days of paintball before elecro machine guns and airball. The younger guys have no idea what paintball and tourneys used to be like so how can they expect better?
The guns changed my friend, not the people. Are you trying to argue that there were no cheaters in your "day?" The argument isn't a paintball issue, its a people issue. There always have been and always will be cheaters. What . . . was the first generation of players Omish or something. They had cheaters as well.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:44 AM #40
Skipdogg

I dont like to play with or against cheaters. Guess thats just me though. Im sure all you cheaters do a better job of promoting the sport and making it seem legit. So i'll just let you guys handle everything. Im sure it'll go smoothly. Oh BTW, the vast majority of you 'ballas' will be out of the sport in less than 3 years.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:59 AM #41
falz-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdogg View Post
I dont like to play with or against cheaters. Guess thats just me though. Im sure all you cheaters do a better job of promoting the sport and making it seem legit. So i'll just let you guys handle everything. Im sure it'll go smoothly. Oh BTW, the vast majority of you 'ballas' will be out of the sport in less than 3 years.
I am not sure what your talking about, your kinda out in space at the moment.

I dont think anyone here likes cheating, likes playing against or with cheaters. My point was that its time to stop whinning about it after every single ****ing tournament, and use your energy to come up with a way to limit it, because unless robots start playing paintball there is always going to be cheating. its a human factor. Accept it and move on. I proposed financially fining cheaters, what are you guys proposing. A crying game on an internet forum, its pointless.

I didn't hear a single person call anyone out for cheating at the tournament. You all pussed out and decided to cry and ***** at Brew for the cheating instead of confronting the player/team.

The tournament was fun, cheap, and local. The staff was courteous and helpful, and the refs were above average for a local tournament, especially considering the number of refs on staff.

If you saw someone cheat, call em out. Don't be a troll on Nation.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:18 PM #42
Stunna02
*MW*

Stunna02 plays in the PSP
Stunna02 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Stunna02 plays in the APPA D4 division
Stunna02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by falz- View Post

I didn't hear a single person call anyone out for cheating at the tournament. You all pussed out and decided to cry and ***** at Brew for the cheating instead of confronting the player/team.

The tournament was fun, cheap, and local. The staff was courteous and helpful, and the refs were above average for a local tournament, especially considering the number of refs on staff.

If you saw someone cheat, call em out. Don't be a troll on Nation.
Actually we did call him out. Maybe you didn't hear or see it cuz your team already left. But the guy who was coaching was told to back up and sit down. That next game they lost. The game after that he was right back up by the netting coaching again. He was told not to do it and he kept doing it.
Closed Thread