Community Focus

Old 02-17-2012, 12:28 PM #43
Livinlife11
Accuracy, not by volume.

Livinlife11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Livinlife11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Livinlife11 supports Pev's Paintball
Livinlife11 plays in the APPA D5 division
The sad fact here is that emotions are being involved in what is more simply business economics... Regardless of who you are (unless your model is 100% corporate social responsibility) a business is going to do whatever it can to increase profits... That's the sole role of a business... Be that providing a better product, creating a niche in an industry, lowering operating costs, increasing market share, etc... What everyone is failing to realize is that it is the consumer market which dictates how corporations act...

Lets assume for a second that the "rumor" is "true"... PSP will be diluting the available market for paint sales at their tournaments by increasing the supply disproportionally to the demand (assuming attendance stays relatively the same, this is afterall a finite industry)... In turn, this will spread sales thinner throughout the supply side lowering profits regardless of the upfront advantage the "rumor" purports...

Alternatively, as long as NPPL continues to perform at a level which it has in the past, its demand assumption will also stay relatively the same while the supply is reduced... Assuming whichever paint companies do sign up with NPPL this year can meet demand, profits should be better for them...

In the end, the market will correct itself. Maybe not with the oringial players playing where they originally were, but where profits are to be made, and voids are created, business' will more than gladly fill those gaps...

My long winded point is, don't try to control the business aspect of it... Control what you can and that is being a consumer... You are far more powerful as that than you will ever be posting on an internet message board or calling a company to complain...

Let's get our panties out of a bunch and play the damn game... I'll see you at the 50!
Check-It Paintball Store (RIP)
DYE
VALKEN
Livinlife11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2012, 12:49 PM #44
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinlife11 View Post
The sad fact here is that emotions are being involved in what is more simply business economics... Regardless of who you are (unless your model is 100% corporate social responsibility) a business is going to do whatever it can to increase profits... That's the sole role of a business... Be that providing a better product, creating a niche in an industry, lowering operating costs, increasing market share, etc... What everyone is failing to realize is that it is the consumer market which dictates how corporations act...

Lets assume for a second that the "rumor" is "true"... PSP will be diluting the available market for paint sales at their tournaments by increasing the supply disproportionally to the demand (assuming attendance stays relatively the same, this is afterall a finite industry)... In turn, this will spread sales thinner throughout the supply side lowering profits regardless of the upfront advantage the "rumor" purports...

Alternatively, as long as NPPL continues to perform at a level which it has in the past, its demand assumption will also stay relatively the same while the supply is reduced... Assuming whichever paint companies do sign up with NPPL this year can meet demand, profits should be better for them...

In the end, the market will correct itself. Maybe not with the oringial players playing where they originally were, but where profits are to be made, and voids are created, business' will more than gladly fill those gaps...

My long winded point is, don't try to control the business aspect of it... Control what you can and that is being a consumer... You are far more powerful as that than you will ever be posting on an internet message board or calling a company to complain...

Let's get our panties out of a bunch and play the damn game... I'll see you at the 50!

and no way I am letting you get to the 50 against us. Guess we will see on March 30.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:01 PM #45
haynboy8223
Fear is only an illusion!

has been a member for 10 years
 is playing at Living Legends XI
haynboy8223 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
haynboy8223 is a top reviewer
Quote:

Well said my IRONLEGION friend! See you guys in HB!!!
haynboy8223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:13 PM #46
Livinlife11
Accuracy, not by volume.

Livinlife11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Livinlife11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Livinlife11 supports Pev's Paintball
Livinlife11 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by haynboy8223 View Post
Well said my IRONLEGION friend! See you guys in HB!!!
That you will good sir... Let me know how much a box of those chocolates are and bring me one if you don't mind! They were greatly appreciated and enjoyed at Vegas!
Check-It Paintball Store (RIP)
DYE
VALKEN
Livinlife11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:15 PM #47
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
That you will good sir... Let me know how much a box of those chocolates are and bring me one if you don't mind! They were greatly appreciated and enjoyed at Vegas!
You guys gave us some those at HB 11. Those things were the bomb.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:03 PM #48
Kaolinite
+-----------+

lots going on behind closed doors.

When someone gets banned for voicing his own opinion on a internet forum this throws up HUGE warning signs. (confirmed with franks post)
IMO he was a threat to someones money making scheme. Why else would he be banned.

IMO a large amount of truth was found in these rumors and the reaction confirmed it for me.

MISSION PAINTBALL CLUB
Kaolinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:08 PM #49
roth_GBA
You lookin at me?

roth_GBA has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
roth_GBA is Legendary
Whenever he comes in ranting in here about a big company like psp with no supporting evidence, of course hes going to get banned.
roth_GBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:12 PM #50
paintczech917
i likes teh paintbullets.

paintczech917 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintczech917 supports Team VICIOUS
paintczech917 supports Pev's Paintball
paintczech917 plays in the APPA D4 division
trollollollollolloll
Jimmy Cowden #88
Your mom has no knee-caps...
paintczech917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:18 PM #51
Chase12
Chase "Space" Fowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth_GBA View Post
Whenever he comes in ranting in here about a big company like psp with no supporting evidence, of course hes going to get banned.
Pretty much this.
Tampa Bay Damage Fan Club #16
Chase12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:23 PM #52
Squattingdog

Squattingdog is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
Hey! The UWL looks like a lot of fun, don't make fun.
Thank you Deimus
Squattingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:24 PM #53
potato

potato is a Supporting Member
potato donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Wright View Post
Let me start by saying that I feel it is tacky for me to post in an NPPL forum. But sometimes I have to make exceptions.
I've never met Dustin Hobbs. To the best of my knowledge he's never played a PSP event. I am 100% certain that he was never in attendance at a merger meeting, 99% certain that he has never spoken to any PSP rep about the merger meetings, the topics of discussion, and/or the rationale behind any position that we took. I'm also 99% certain that he has not spoken to anyone who would have any first hand knowledge of any discussion pertaining to sponsorship pricing between PSP, KEE, GI Sports, or Procaps.

I, on the other hand, have been at all PSP events, was present in every merger discussion, was a part of every decision PSP made, understand and agree with the reasoning, and I have also been the PSP rep in any and all discussion about paint sponsorship with KEE, GI, and DXS.

Of all the things people may say about me, I don't think there are very many people who know me - including those who may not like me - who would say I am dishonest or lacking integrity.

I say without hesitation that there have been absolutely ZERO discussion about any paint sponsor being on board with PSP at no charge, regardless of decisions they make with any other league. That is an absolute lie.

I say without hesitation that there was an offer from PSP to buy the NPPL assets, do away with the corporate structure, AND (this is the part that Mr Hobbs seems to have either intentionally left out or not been informed of), include current NPPL owners in the new PSP structure with an equity stake in the new PSP. No one was trying to get rid of them. The plan included them having ownership in PSP just as the existing owner do.

Lastly - having 3 brands of paint available is not in any way a monopoly. Grow up. And to even insinuate I am trying to personally have anything resembling a monopoly in the industry is, while flattering, giving me far more credit than I am due.

You are publicly spreading complete falsehoods about me in a public forum which absolutely impacts my ability to function in my chosen field. If you had a pot to piss in there may be repercussions for this Dustin. But, you don't. That allows you to just post your outlandish nonsense without regard. So this will simply be a case of another misinformed kid with more time on his hands than sense in his head spreading malicious inaccuracies about a person who has spent their entire adult life trying to do a good job for this sport. And all the while you blame others for being the "problem".

You should grow up. You should try to be productive. You should stop blaming others for your shortcomings. And you should question what is being told to you by the people you appear to believe. The information you are receiving is absolutely untrue. Or maybe you are misunderstanding it. Or maybe you are simply someone who would mislead and lie to get you self indulgent opinion out to people you don't know in an effort to make yourself feel relevant. Whatever the case may be, you have some issues and they have nothing to do with me. Stop blaming me.

You find me any person(s) who were an actual a party involved in the things you talk about that says I am telling anything other than the truth and I will show you a liar. I'm posting this under my name. I'm not using a "minion" to go tell my story to cushion myself with protection. That should tell everyone something right there.

I don't have a big house, fancy cars, or a lot of money. But I do have my pride, self respect, and the respect of a lot of people in the paintball community. You habitually step on all of those. I'm asking you to stop. And I suggest you stop bringing me into your schizophrenic rants in a personal manner, as well. I'm not your problem. Life is.

You are misinformed, agenda based, and irresponsible. You are a prime example of a problem kid causing problems in our sport. And you fail to see where your agenda based misrepresentation of fact is a cancer. You pose a far greater risk to this sports future than I have ever been or ever will.

If you love this game, you'll learn to change or go away.

I won't continue replying to this nonsense. There is nothing more for me to say on this subject.

Lane Wright

Close this thread. Lane and Mike's responses are going to get lost in a sea of stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
Joking or not a small comment like that turns into a rumor which later turns into truth. Then we have people who dont understand your joke trolling all over paintball websites. Ive seen it happen countless times.
Minions complacently incriminated himself only a few posts before he made this thread. He is purposely trying to smear and be sensational along with Frank. The industry threatened to start supporting individual leagues because of growing costs if there was not a merger and it shouldn't come as a surprise that they are following through on it. Lane is a hard working and trustworthy man and I put my full faith in him and his character.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:37 PM #54
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
This thread has been very informative. I'm playing in both leagues and I hope everyone can get along!
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:03 PM #55
shock2k3
get hostile

shock2k3 is a Supporting Member
shock2k3 plays in the APPA D4 division
Lane- that is dustins user name, he isn't hiding we know who he is (clearly said his name under the user name as always)

Also its a nice story but the details arnt all their.. why wouldn't you let valken in to psp.. because kee and GI can't afford to be under cut by gino?? His money was refused by psp according to him and that seems shady. Add in the fact that kee and GI don't seem to peachy about attending nppl, and havnt denied **** there either..

Someone is pulling strings somewhere, can't wait to hear the whole story one day but it is too bad history is written by the victor
Old 02-17-2012, 03:04 PM #56
AgainstAllEnemies92
"SHOWTIME"

AgainstAllEnemies92 plays in the APPA D4 division
AgainstAllEnemies92 supports DLX Technology
Banned? What he posted was foundation for a lawsuit (as Lane hinted too) so the guy is lucky "banned" is all he got. All the PSP, KEE, and G.I. would have to do is produce proof that what he said was a lie, and he could be held fully responsible for defamation, etc.

Shut up and stay out of things that do not include you. Information like this should come right from the company, not an uninformed consumer.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:08 PM #57
shock2k3
get hostile

Also guys, there is a difference between lying and omitting facts. I would say both sides are keeping a lot to them selves.

I wish I could have seen this before the mods cleaned it up. I'm sure it was a **** fest but pbn really is pushing the limit on freedom of speech here... I hope dusting was banned for a real reason other than a sponsor to this web sight (psp) asking to make it stop
Old 02-17-2012, 03:21 PM #58
hunter4749

hunter4749 posts videos on PbNation
hunter4749 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Just remember, PSP nor NPPL are stupid.... They wouldn't do anything to kill the sport, because that would also kill their jobs. Any decision they make, will be for what they see as a way to keep paintball alive, and continue to make it better for the player, and better as a sport. You also have to remember, that it takes money to run these events, and a bunch of staff.
I know pretty much know all the refs, they aren't rich, I know all the media people, we sure as hell aren't rich, the promoters aren't rich, paint companies aren't rich....let them figure it out, unless you can show both leagues a business plan that will make everyone rich.

NC HAMMER

tufshot Videos
hunter4749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:21 PM #59
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by shock2k3 View Post
I wish I could have seen this before the mods cleaned it up. I'm sure it was a <del>****</del> fest but pbn really is pushing the limit on freedom of speech here... I hope dusting was banned for a real reason other than a sponsor to this web sight (psp) asking to make it stop
Watch those accusations.

We haven't deleted any posts in this thread.

I just looked and three users who posted before Lane deleted their own posts. No mods have deleted anything.

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:26 PM #60
shock2k3
get hostile

Thanks john, I thought there were a couple quotes I couldn't find the original post too so it looked cleaned up. (Actually post #2 was what had me started thinking that)
Old 02-17-2012, 03:27 PM #61
shock2k3
get hostile

Hah and beat me too it^

That explains that even better :p
Old 02-17-2012, 03:36 PM #62
HINGEMAN

HINGEMAN is a Professional paintball player
HINGEMAN donated to help Peyton Trent
Well then it's simple. Tell Dustin to check his facts before he speaks. Are you saying it's ok to speak lies? If the lies hurt no one then who cares. But when you call people out by their first name it becomes evident that you aren't being fair an objective you are being one sided and hurtful. Thats my point. My integrity is not for sale nor can anyone truly question it. I'm saying I will hand the Psp for GI sports a huge check in Galveston. That is the truth. Where did Dustin get his facts from? Name time.
Also I'm not responding for Lane. I'm giving my 2 cents. And in this small issue, I have clarity on what is fact and fiction. Frank Is a good friend of mine and no paintball issue could EVER come between that. So no there is no "Jaws Music". We can agree to disagree but that is that. No paintball issue should ever polarize our sport or our industry. We are all on the same side. We just have some different fundamental ideas.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:43 PM #63
Johnnymac631

Johnnymac631 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Johnnymac631 is an NCPA player
Seems alot like when the government doesn't want people to leak things... They dispose them. I plan on playing both leagues so the news and info are both helpful and disturbing hope they figure it out. Also common guy dustins just another player like you and I alike. Let's just worry about playing and let procaps gi dxs valken and the series holders do their part.

PLANET ECLIPSE

631 Forever
East Coast Paintball Player
Johnnymac631 is offline   Reply With Quote