PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-27-2005, 01:15 PM #22
journeyman

you know something dan?

you probably wouldnt even get half the complaints you get if you straightened these refs out and made sure they reffed these tourneys fairly.
they have to be accountable for bad reffing just as much as teams have to be accountable for breaking rules of play.

all of us players cant be wrong or have no ligitamate gripe
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2005, 01:35 PM #23
anjordan77
All Paintball Supplies

has been a member for 10 years
anjordan77 plays in the USPL
anjordan77 donated to help Peyton Trent
anjordan77 helped look for balloons
anjordan77 is playing at Living Legends III
anjordan77 is Boss
i think the reffing was pretty good. yeah some bad calls are made, but they are human. i give the refs applause for toughing it out for the long days in the extreme dry heat and high altitude in denver. i know i wouldn't want to be reffing this summer at all. so mad props to the refs for fighting the extremes to ref to the best of their abilities.

THANKS REFS
Old 07-27-2005, 02:25 PM #24
DATRUPIMPWITANIMP
www.TEAMGRAFFITI.com

DATRUPIMPWITANIMP is a Supporting Member
I agree with ANJ most refs were doing there jobs to the best of their ability and to them Great Job. Ref 66 blows chunks still...LOL
Old 07-27-2005, 03:42 PM #25
JohnK

What did everyone think of the new Assist Chrono Refs?

So in an effort to make things more streamlined and efficient Refs were added outside the Chrono area for each field to organize and move the teams in to the fields. There were able to answer team questions such as who was playing and when their team was going to be up for Chrono. I know from inside the field things moved much quicker and smoother with these new helpers.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:12 PM #26
DATRUPIMPWITANIMP
www.TEAMGRAFFITI.com

I really think they need some work on the chorno refs. I seen several guns that would shoot 320,303,312,299,313 and they would say ok your good. I also witnessed several that had bouncey triggers that they also allowed on the field. Last years refs tried much harder to catch the cheats.

I for one dont like playing when hot guns are allowed.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:17 PM #27
Signal20
Who Me?

Signal20 is a Supporting Member
Signal20 plays in the PSP
Signal20 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DATRUPIMPWITANIMP
I for one dont like playing when hot guns are allowed.
I agree... I will have a nice scare on my arm because of a hot gun at the NPPL...

OLD PBN Feedback 12/0/0
Old 07-27-2005, 06:43 PM #28
paintballa0818

50 snake ref on the Chronic field was horrible. I saw a player bunker someone out of the snake and dive in clean. Then one of the opposing teams players slides in. These 2 players meat at the 50 knuckle of the snake. One clearly gets shot in the hopper right infront of the ref on the outside so no chance of it being bunker rub(but that doesn't matter I saw it hit his hopper). Ref doesn't pull him and then they bunker each other and mutual.

It just pissed me off to see a team tha wasn't playing to good all tournament had a chance to win and they were screwed by the refs.( They lost this game with the other team 2 up and they easily could have won if the snake player wasn't elimated because of the location of the other players and them not being aware of where the snake player was)
Old 07-27-2005, 07:36 PM #29
DenverKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood33
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to start a reff thread.
At least this ref was good to Thom.

even though he said my name when i got shot on the NPPL field, then thought I got mad and kicked my pods but I really dropped my pack over my back by accident.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:11 PM #30
inseniarator

Empire- Great reffing, even pulled a 1 for 1 on me when I thought they should. (To the guy from team graffiti did that incident occur in the game vs us ,misfits?)

JT- Didnt play.

Angel- Good. Didnt lose more than one body on this field.

NPPL- Good in our game on it. But I disagreed with their call in the LTZ V Raiders 1 on 1, and in the second game of the pro finals I saw Nicky Cuba wipe a huge *** hit of his hopper in front of a ref.

Spyder- They were a little too one for one happy but were fair about it.

Chronic- Not to good. Left a player in the snake with a hit on his hopper for 2 minutes in our only prelim loss.

BTW Congrats to Atomix nation for yalls win. You guys played a great game against us. I look forward to seeing you in San Diego or Miami.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:40 PM #31
shorties R Agg (Banned)

me no like empire ref...

but anyway... u gotta love the refs and ther hand motions when ther running to pull a 1 for 1.... lmfao
Old 07-27-2005, 08:43 PM #32
DenverKid

yeah we know you think that's funny "joe"
Old 07-27-2005, 09:07 PM #33
Hollywood33
Stop The Violence

Hollywood33 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
You know what I find ironic...There are no threads of Reffs bagging on players. I mean could you just see the responses."Oh I totally pulled a 3 for 1 on that choad who wiped" or " That choad got lit up so bad and I wasn't going in to pull him so he could get shot some more" Serious folks,let it be. The players play on average play four games on Frida/Sat and of they are lucky continue playing on Sunday. The reffs are out there for an average of 70 games a day. Do we make mistakes? sure we do but we do the best we can. If there was a reff that was doing a bad job I'm sure that person wouldn't be asked to come back for the next event. I have read through the posts and I can agree and dissagree with things said. The thing I notice the most is players don't know the rules. Do the reffs make them? No we don't,but we do enforce them,that is our job. Why do we do it? we love the game and the friendships we have made over the years. After every event we tell ourselves,"That's the last event I'm doing" and what do you we are right there in the thick of it at the next event. I could go on and on but there is no need. To the players that gave us props, I give you a big THANK YOU.

Oh and Jeff you did kick you pods down the field after you were shot out. LOL If there was one player I was watching close it was YOU..haha
R.I.P Ally Raber
The Expendables-Paintballers supporting domestic violence prevention; past,present and future
OLD FEEDBACK
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....hreadid=751790
Old 07-27-2005, 09:15 PM #34
KiLLA TrixTa (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood33
You know what I find ironic...There are no threads of Reffs bagging on players. I mean could you just see the responses."Oh I totally pulled a 3 for 1 on that choad who wiped" or " That choad got lit up so bad and I wasn't going in to pull him so he could get shot some more" Serious folks,let it be. The players play on average play four games on Frida/Sat and of they are lucky continue playing on Sunday. The reffs are out there for an average of 70 games a day. Do we make mistakes? sure we do but we do the best we can. If there was a reff that was doing a bad job I'm sure that person wouldn't be asked to come back for the next event. I have read through the posts and I can agree and dissagree with things said. The thing I notice the most is players don't know the rules. Do the reffs make them? No we don't,but we do enforce them,that is our job. Why do we do it? we love the game and the friendships we have made over the years. After every event we tell ourselves,"That's the last event I'm doing" and what do you we are right there in the thick of it at the next event. I could go on and on but there is no need. To the players that gave us props, I give you a big THANK YOU.

Oh and Jeff you did kick you pods down the field after you were shot out. LOL If there was one player I was watching close it was YOU..haha

you'll understand when u play your first event. some reffs just sucked.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:20 PM #35
DenverKid

He doesn't have to, he's a pro NPPL ref.

And it was only 3 total refs I had any problems with.

2 on the Spyder field, snake side, and then another sideline ref.

And the JT field ref, who saw someone get shot, then just kind of whispered for the corner judge to call the player out. I could barely hear him and I was standing 3 feet from him. He just said pull him out he's hit, the ref of course didn't hear it, and this ref didn't move over to go yank the player.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:22 PM #36
Hollywood33
Stop The Violence

"you'll understand when u play your first event. some reffs just sucked"

LOL I have played plenty of events.
R.I.P Ally Raber
The Expendables-Paintballers supporting domestic violence prevention; past,present and future
OLD FEEDBACK
Old 07-27-2005, 09:24 PM #37
DATRUPIMPWITANIMP
www.TEAMGRAFFITI.com

inseniarator, No we had a game on the empire field right before we played you guys. I cant say we got any kind of bad call with you guys. We won the flip and stayed away from Ref66.

The game before was totally BS.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:28 PM #38
DATRUPIMPWITANIMP
www.TEAMGRAFFITI.com

Hollywood33 you or any of your reffing buddys want to sell your Denver jerseys? Let me know I would pay Extra for Ref 66's jersey
thanks
Old 07-27-2005, 09:31 PM #39
Hollywood33
Stop The Violence

DATRUPIMPWITANIMP...get me on AIM...gxrboy33
R.I.P Ally Raber
OLD FEEDBACK
Old 07-28-2005, 11:01 AM #40
Hollywood33
Stop The Violence

O.K. I got one NPPL field reff that is willing to sell his jersey for 250.00. This is the same guy that sold one of his other jersey's for 300.00 last year. Folks don't hate on the price it's obvious that someone was willing to pay that much. As far as #66 jersey he is willing to make an auction for it. Don't expect it to go for a lowball price though.
R.I.P Ally Raber
OLD FEEDBACK