Old 08-31-2008, 02:02 PM #130
shokinem

good thread
shokinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:03 PM #131
mccockerboy
gun whore

has been a member for 10 years
I have no business sence, and no hope of ever opening my own shop or field. I worked at a paintball shop, Wolf Hill Paintball(They eventually bought the WPF tournament series) they started off small in a noname small town in tennessee. They had alot of hunting land at their house, and started palying woods ball back in the early 90's and started inviting people over for this "new" sport of paintball. Slowly they got a few bulk Co2 tanks, and a fill station, HPA, and built two fields on their property. One was a "supair" 5 man field, and the next was a hyperball field. They opened up a small store and started making a little money. Well, they had HUGE dreams, and started sponsoring alot of teams to get their name out. Then they started jacking up prices to make quick cash, and that slowly started to kill business, and a few more small shops opened up and that took away more cash from them. Well they went and bought the (already dead series)WPF, and made some bad choices, trusted the wrong people and bam..no more Wolf hill paintball, and no more WPF(again). They no longer play/or involved in paintball.

What ive learned from this is basically just this..Dont try to get too big too soon, dont jack up prices from day to day to make quick cash, and always remember that every person you screw over...tells 100 what you did.

Running a paintball store and field is hard work(with any small business) it takes alot of dedication and will power to do the right things to make people happy. Not to make alot of money(in the beginning) and pay for your own paintball playing needs.

sorry...not much help...but its all i got.
mccockerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:36 PM #132
LoboRsxS

i want to open a field in another country good thread 5 star
LoboRsxS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:40 AM #133
Munkeynutz04

tight
Munkeynutz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:19 PM #134
nightdiver17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrus-the-virus90 View Post
Very good post, though it still does not detur me from wanting to start my own field (in about 20 years -_-)
it is a good post and i still have plans on opening a field....after i win the lottery XD
nightdiver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:20 PM #135
paintballtight
PaintballR

paintballtight owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballtight supports our troops
Wow, thats tuff ;D
paintballtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:18 PM #136
Lucky~Shot~13
Shoot, Kill And Punch Sam

if i am starting a paintball field where can i get very cheap paintb for the field paint????
Lucky~Shot~13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:51 PM #137
Delmarva Paintball
Collecting Nickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky~Shot~13 View Post
if i am starting a paintball field where can i get very cheap paintb for the field paint????
Hmmnnn. Maybe a paintball wholesaler or manufacturer? I don't know... just throwing that out there.

www.TacticalAdventureGames.com
Delmarva Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:12 PM #138
Minnesota111

Can you give me their phone number too, Delmarva?
Minnesota111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:32 PM #139
Delmarva Paintball
Collecting Nickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota111 View Post
Can you give me their phone number too, Delmarva?
Sure Minnesota, but I'll have to charge you for that. Looking up phone numbers and websites and stuff ain't free you know.

And Google is really tough to navigate. You almost need a Brain Scientist diploma or a Rocket Surgeon degree to figure it out.

Either way that is really tough info to get. The manufactures always try to hide their names so nobody will know. That's why most people who are prepared in every other way to open up a field have no idea where to buy paintballs.

www.TacticalAdventureGames.com
Delmarva Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:26 AM #140
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky~Shot~13 View Post
try your local paintball shop.

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:40 AM #141
swatstylez
A Dom.Rep Canuck

very informative thread some of the stuff i did know and a lot i didnt Thanks for the info.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post78185668
swatstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:25 PM #142
jacobpenzer

new field

i want to start a paintball field indoors how to i make it the best for pros and newbies leagues etc. please help i want the best bunker set ups anything that will make it more appeling
jacobpenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:51 PM #143
ShadowSamurai19

Thanks.
I'll let others start the businesses, and support them instead.
ShadowSamurai19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:32 PM #144
SFC_V

Excellent thread, I have been considering opening a field when I retire from the Army, but am unsure. I know play time will die, and it is hard to start. I have some business and advertising savvy (3 years as an Army Recruiter and being in charge of a recruiting station) also with marketing. I am thinking about a field in a military town, due to the increased market and being able to host training events for units. The biggest handicap is that I am by far not rich, so I will still have to work full time elsewhere initially, and I am from upstate NY meaning snow and cold hurts business. I have not committed to a decision yet as I have 5 years left until I can retire, but this definitely gave me food for thought, thanks.
SFC_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:16 PM #145
ballastatpbn

you can still get sued with waivers
ballastatpbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:10 PM #146
james sutton

nice post
james sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:57 AM #147
pbnemy2

to me the problem is, that a lot of field owners go with fancier bunkers, higher support poles for netting, prettier masks, etc.

just get those ELITE ALPHA masks or the other cheap masks that are included in the marker packages that are sold in discount chain stores, the Brass Eagle/ViewLoader low end markers, only sell the white-box paint/monster balls, don't use HPA, just rent out 4 or 5-ft co2 cylinders from an oxygen/welding supply company to use for co2 refills when rec players need them, buy the bargain-bin bunker sets, or better yet, just open up a scenario/pallet field.

about the netting, i have seen pics of an actual field still in operation that uses 10 ft netting, and those regular piipes, as support poles, and they don't seem to be causing havoc with spectators who stand there and watch.
just don't try to become rich at it, but be happy with making a minimum living income.

also, don't be something that a tourney player looks for, but again like the other cheap field owners say, focus on the FUN players.

Last edited by pbnemy2 : 11-09-2008 at 05:17 AM.
pbnemy2 is offline   Reply With Quote