Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-28-2005, 09:11 PM #1
soccerdude1008

soccerdude1008 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
THE *OFFICIAL* Blue Bolt Thread

Hey guys, thanks for the interest in the blue bolt. We are confident that you will be completely satisfied in the product and will see that it outperforms everything currently on the market.

Now, for some clearing up on the confusion....

Compatibility

IF- your marker is rear-cocking and takes spyder bolts, IT WILL FIT. PERIOD. You will need an autockocker-cocking rod instead of the stock cocking-rod. This is done so you can do further customization.

IF- you have a Vision style marker: You will need: BLUE BOLT + VISION COCKING ADAPTER. The adapters are not available yet, but will be soon. For now, you will have to rig something up.

IF- you have a Kingman-style top-cocking marker: You will need: BLUE BOLT + TOP COCKING ADAPTER. These adapters are also not available yet, but will be soon.

IF- you have a timmy: They will only fit pre-2k4 models. You will need: BLUE BOLT + TOP-COCKING PULL PIN. You can use one you already have or purchase one from us, also not available yet.

A quick list of markers and their cocking type:

Rear Cocking Type:
-Rodeo
-Shutter
-Xtra
-Aggressor
-TL/TL+
-E-99
-Flash

Offset Cocking Type:
-TL-X
-Fenix
-Pilot
-Electra
-AMG

Vision Cocking Type:
-Victor
-Imagine
-Esprit

Features

Ultra light weight (15 grams)
Ultra high flow
Self lubricating
Material does not swell
Flat face reduces chance for a chop, and secures ball better in the breech
Third oring for increased efficiency and less blowback
Reduced recoil due to decreased weight in the cocking assembly

FAQ

Do I need to lubricate the orings on the bolt, since the material is self-lubricating?
YES! The *material* is self lubricating, however the orings are NOT. Your orings should always be nicely lubricated for best performance.

Do I need to buy a cocking rod?
Yes. The blue bolt is threaded for Autococker cocking rods, so your stock bolt's rod will not fit. We feel that this is a much better option since you have a very wide variety of cocking rods to set your marker up with.

I hope this cleared up a lot of your questions, I know many of you were confused. About the current QC issue, everything has been fixed and we do have a limited amount in stock right now. We will be recieving the rest in a week.

Last edited by soccerdude1008 : 03-29-2005 at 08:29 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2005, 09:14 PM #2
spyderp8balla
~I BUNKER *****ES~

Are you guys ever going to have cocking rods on your site so you can just add it to the order?
Old 03-28-2005, 09:18 PM #3
soccerdude1008

Maybe in the future, we are mostly just going to have the different adapters to fit the assorted kingman markers for the time being.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:20 PM #4
therealmr
\\\\\ i go on walks /////

therealmr is a Moderator
therealmr is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Simplicity. I love it. Wish I could afford one for my timmy

I want to be remembered for the
people I helped make memorable;
personal success is overrated if it
doesn't help everyone's progress.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:21 PM #5
LinkD3ad
Dead Linkage?

Ill cock your rod!

Why not just use a short cocking rod that you bought at a store like.. .Home Depot! just a 1 inch metal bar for 10-32 thread? (for the imagine owners...)

Last edited by LinkD3ad : 03-28-2005 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:29 PM #6
ApoC_101 (Banned)

yes, Linkdeads point is good. a simple 1" long 10-32 threaded bar will work for a vision cocking setup (along with some sort of knob, or swap a knob from an autococker cocking rod). Vision cocking and rear cocking will be the first ones released, the special "offset side/top cocking spyder" adapter will be released after.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:46 PM #7
stupidlikeaf0x
mmm...wilbe

stupidlikeaf0x is a Supporting Member
The AMG is side cocking, as is the Electra. They wouldn't work with a Vizion style bolt unless you enlarged the cocking slot in the body. There's no way to get a finger in that tiny slot. I imagine that they'll either need a different cocking adapter, or modification to the body to work.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:55 PM #8
LinkD3ad
Dead Linkage?

Quote:
Originally posted by stupidlikeaf0x
The AMG is side cocking, as is the Electra. They wouldn't work with a Vizion style bolt unless you enlarged the cocking slot in the body. There's no way to get a finger in that tiny slot. I imagine that they'll either need a different cocking adapter, or modification to the body to work.

Dude, what are you talking about?
Old 03-28-2005, 10:03 PM #9
stupidlikeaf0x
mmm...wilbe

Look at an AMG. Now look at an Electra. Now look at an Imagine. They're different. The first two have a thin slot (on the left on an AMG, on the right on an Electra) for the cocking pin. That is side cocking. The Imagine has a big hole in the body that goes through both sides. That is Vizion cocking. It's not that hard...
Old 03-28-2005, 10:03 PM #10
soccerdude1008

The adapter that we will use, you will be able to operate with one finger only. If not, then we will make 2.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:10 PM #11
LinkD3ad
Dead Linkage?

Quote:
Originally posted by stupidlikeaf0x
Look at an AMG. Now look at an Electra. Now look at an Imagine. They're different. The first two have a thin slot (on the left on an AMG, on the right on an Electra) for the cocking pin. That is side cocking. The Imagine has a big hole in the body that goes through both sides. That is Vizion cocking. It's not that hard...

Reread what you wrote. You made no sense whatsoever. I now see what you are talking about because I spent three minutes rereading what you typed. (You typed completely out of context).

Yes, you need an adapter so that you can use the AMG/Electra. Noone ever said to use the vision cocking for the AMG/Electra. soccerdude didn't. Noone did.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:18 PM #12
stupidlikeaf0x
mmm...wilbe

Re: THE *OFFICIAL* Blue Bolt Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by soccerdude1008
IF- you have a Vision (AMG, Imagine, etc) style marker: You will need: BLUE BOLT + VISION COCKING ADAPTER. The adapters are not available yet, but will be soon. For now, you will have to rig something up.

IF- you have an Electra, Primal, or other Kingman-style top-cocking[/b] marker: You will need: BLUE BOLT + TOP COCKING ADAPTER. These adapters are also not available yet, but will be soon.
He grouped the markers in the wrong category and suggested cocking systems that wouldn't work. I simply pointed out that fact. It is not I who needs to reread posts.

EDIT: Soccerdude, the Electra isn't top-cocking so it needs to be moved to a different group.

Last edited by stupidlikeaf0x : 03-28-2005 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:22 PM #13
ApoC_101 (Banned)

I'm sure soccerdude meant to say that the AMG also fits in with the electra and the other offset top/side cocking types. Vision cocking is wide slot through both sides. The electra is offset side cocking, which uses the same cocking adapter as offset top cocking. sorry for any confusion.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:25 PM #14
LinkD3ad
Dead Linkage?

Oh crap, sorry about that. I feel like a ****head.

*bows down to stupidlikeaf0x*
Old 03-28-2005, 10:28 PM #15
half-step

half-step is a Supporting Member
Quote:
IF- you have a timmy: They will only fit pre-2k4 models. You will need: BLUE BOLT + TOP-COCKING PULL PIN. You can use one you already have or purchase one from us, also not available yet.
So, if I understand you correctly, the Timmy Blue Bolt comes with the spring, ball bearing, and set screw already installed? If this is the case, it will fit my Dragun T1, correct?

Grey TES * CP Reg * Bullet Drop w/On-Off * Bandit Bolt * 50g Switch * 3 Point Stock Trigger Mod * Rocket Valve * Clamp Feedneck * JAVA Recharge Mod

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback
Old 03-28-2005, 10:28 PM #16
Tom-SC
Human

It's a rather cursory thing to point out. If someone can't figure what cocking system they use, they should reconsider ever touching anything that shoots a projectile at a high velocity.

half-step, when the full timmy kit is ready, you should be ok. And if you have your spring, screw and bearing from a timmy style bolt, such as the TES's, you should be ok too, but don't even think about quoting me on that.
create your own art, create your own values, create your own
cultural values, that's what going to change things."
-Werner Herzog
last.fm-age

Last edited by Tom-SC : 03-28-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:38 PM #17
ApoC_101 (Banned)

To add to that, original side cocking spyders cock on the striker, not on the bolt. kingman reinvented their sidecocking and moved it to the back, not in line with the striker-bolt connecting pin. We call this "offset cocking".

A quick list of cocking type according to ACP Blue Bolt and Adapters:

Rear Cocking Type:
-Rodeo
-Shutter
-Xtra
-Aggressor
-TL/TL+
-E-99
-Flash

Offset Cocking Type:
-TL-X
-Fenix
-Pilot
-Electra
-AMG

Vision Cocking Type:
-Victor
-Imagine
-Esprit

Any older spyder not on the list which is side cocking needs NO cocking component, just a regular Blue Bolt.

EDIT: also, TES type pins arent normal. they connect to the striker at 3/16", not 1/4" like normal pins. in those cases, you would need to use the stock pin in a blue bolt with the screw-spring-ball included.

Last edited by ApoC_101 : 03-28-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:00 AM #18
XtraBoy

you need to mention something about if people have modded their gun to use timmy top cocking thingers, i know alot of people have using a hacksaw and dremel and such.

I know what kind i need, just thought you should mention it
Old 03-29-2005, 12:15 AM #19
StrikeEagle
1st Class Mud Mover

Re: THE *OFFICIAL* Blue Bolt Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by soccerdude1008
About the current QC issue, everything has been fixed and we do have a limited amount in stock right now. We will be recieving the rest in a week.
So, does this mean that APC has shipped inspected and approved product to those who have pre-ordered the Blue Bolt?

I sure hope so, as I'd like to actually see some independent reviews of the 'final product'. With all the hype, I'll be very interested to see if this thing is really significantly 'better' than any of the other products on the market.

Bolt mass is only one of the ways to measure a bolt. Sealing, gas flow and 'real world performance' are all important as well, and to date, we really don't have any information on these very important aspects of bolt performance.

It should be interesting to hear the performance data and reviews.
Limited Waiting Necessary.
For references, please contact Saddam Hussein.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:27 AM #20
soccerdude1008

There are a few guys here that have had their blue bolts for a while. E99_curt has one I believe and is VERY happy with it.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:10 AM #21
Fstud67
B.A.D. R.E.P 4 life

hey Soccerdude if i were to Buy this cocking rod would it work with the Blue bolt i just want to make sure im not buying the wrong thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
You can wear whatever you want and do good. BUT you will do 10x better if you look damn good on the field. Some balls will be flying at you off the break and they will be talkin to all the balls around 'em and they will say Man, F this, i'm not hitting that guy, he's too damn agg to touch.

Ion and shocker parts
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...69#post2072869

Intimidator skull eye covers Chrome
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post33146059