PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 11:11 AM #22
Apoc112
1 and only skinny backman

has been a member for 10 years
if u get the roller sear working, do you think you could post a little more extensively about it? i think that would be really cool to make - but i'm not any kind of inventional genious... so i just dont know what kinda supplies and such i would need. or you could just PM me or hit me on AOL with it and i will keep it a secret... like an "Apoc only" sear mod haha
Spyder Shutter | Polished internals | Modded stock bolt | 14" CP 1-piece | High-flow mods done to all air passages | Clear Stickies | Chrome Dye Trigger Frame with Polecat 2mm Trigger Job | Custom "Blade" trigger | MACDev Gladiator reg | 32* Turbo Valve pin with modified stock Valve | Lapco Cup Seal | Maddman Springs | 91/4500 Bulldog Nitro setup | 300 fps @ 250 psi

Our team site and PICTURES:
http://overkillpb.clanpages.com

Quote:
so tell me again, what's so bad about necrobeastiality?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2002, 11:37 AM #23
Nerobro

Nerobro is a Supporting Member
The spyder sear setup is damned near ideal. there's 3 moving parts and 3 springs invovled. Have you looked inside other gripframes? Well the non spyder clones at least. There are some pretty trashy setups out there, and I'm yet to see one as elegant as the one most commonly in use. AKA what we have in spyders, what you see in draguns, in boss's, pirhanahs, etc.

With a little polishing, you can get the trigger super smooth, you can get the trigger light, and do just about whatever you want short of feel like a mag ;-) (mags have that unique air driven trigger spring... AKA the on/off)

now there's a thought... settting up a spyder valve so you can use supremely light hammer springs... that'll slow down the max rof, but you could make a very light trigger that way.

Omnipotence ain't all it's cracked up to be.......
Old 05-10-2002, 12:15 PM #24
spud majic
BR Machine

ever since i ran my gun with an extra light mainspring i havent noticed it cycling any slower really. and even if it drops to 20 cps you will probably be shooting no more than 10 on a mechanical trigger. also the light spring stops chopping(which is the main reason why i did this in the first place.
heres a idea that i read about somewhere. a guy took a 3-way (one of the super short ones) and mounted a ram under the sear mechanism in a spyder(to replace the trigger). the trigger was linked to the 3 way and he said it worked pretty good. the pull after adjusted was only 1mm and he said it was just shy of feeling like an electro for stiffness. this may be a pretty interseting thing to look at but it will slighly reduce efficiency.
www.geocities.com/brmachineco
Old 05-10-2002, 02:36 PM #25
zephyr28

Woah now!

I have heard of stoppers, and lightening the spring for trigger-jobs. But what is this about "sandng down the sear". I know what the "sear" is, but how do we do all this? Anyone got a site with pictures and instructions on how to "sand down the sear"?
Old 05-10-2002, 04:23 PM #26
coffeeboy29
diarrhea candy corn

yeah i kno. i dont really knowo what part to sand and why. but if itll get my trigger pull to 1 to 1.5mm like spudmajics.....id be happy.

does anyone have any pics of their sears?
Old 05-10-2002, 09:22 PM #27
ShUtTeRBoI

ShUtTeRBoI is a founding member
eww right now mine is 5mm with slack i want to try to take out the slack but i need to sand down part of the sear so the trigger will rest quicker but w/o slack mine is 2.5 rite now
Old 05-11-2002, 06:23 AM #28
zephyr28

WOAH!

Dudes, maybe I'm missing something. But 5mm is like 1/4 of an inch. I have a Spyder Compact 2in1 and if I'm mesuring correctly, with slak I have a 18mm pull. That's mesuering how far the bottom of the trigger can move.

Crap man! I would be happy with a 10mm pull! Not to mention a 1.5mm pull!!!

Added later by Zephyr28:

Hehe, oops. I was mesuring with a double trigger....

Last edited by zephyr28 : 05-11-2002 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-11-2002, 11:33 AM #29
coffeeboy29
diarrhea candy corn

can anyone tell me where i should sand my sear??
Old 05-11-2002, 03:37 PM #30
ShUtTeRBoI

i think if you want to get yours like spud majic's you have to sand the top part where if you take off all the internals to your gun stiker, bolt etc you see the metal part sticking out. I think your suppose to sand that part to the shape of the striker
Old 05-11-2002, 03:37 PM #31
ShUtTeRBoI

i think if you want to get yours like spud majic's you have to sand the top part where if you take off all the internals to your gun stiker, bolt etc you see the metal part sticking out. I think your suppose to sand that part to the shape of the striker
Old 05-11-2002, 05:15 PM #32
Apoc112

Re: WOAH!

Quote:
Originally posted by zephyr28
Dudes, maybe I'm missing something. But 5mm is like 1/4 of an inch. I have a Spyder Compact 2in1 and if I'm mesuring correctly, with slak I have a 18mm pull. That's mesuering how far the bottom of the trigger can move.

Crap man! I would be happy with a 10mm pull! Not to mention a 1.5mm pull!!!

Added later by Zephyr28:

Hehe, oops. I was mesuring with a double trigger....
if you measured from the bottom of the trigger, you are doing what we have done... its not hard to knock off 10-15 mm from your stock pull if its that long. all you need to do for a REALLY quick trigger job is take the frame off, tape something small to the gun frame JUST in front of the blowback hole (such as another piece of tape folded up or idealy a metal piece of some sort) and then put a 3/8" to 1/4" piece of metal tubing inside the trigger spring. guaranteed to work... as long as you maintain it a little (that taped thing tends to slide around after too long).
Spyder Shutter | Polished internals | Modded stock bolt | 14" CP 1-piece | High-flow mods done to all air passages | Clear Stickies | Chrome Dye Trigger Frame with Polecat 2mm Trigger Job | Custom "Blade" trigger | MACDev Gladiator reg | 32* Turbo Valve pin with modified stock Valve | Lapco Cup Seal | Maddman Springs | 91/4500 Bulldog Nitro setup | 300 fps @ 250 psi

Quote:
Old 05-11-2002, 06:57 PM #33
Pat24jr
Timmay!

My shutter pull is pretty long, maybe 8mm, but it rips alright, and I can get 7BPS consistently. My Rebel that is under construction has a sweet pull. It is shorter but they rip about the same, so really it doesn't matter it seems unless you can get it under 3mm, which I can't seem to get without sputtering

--(NEW!)LP Rebel...
Old 05-11-2002, 08:05 PM #34
Apoc112

it takes a lot more work than i was interested in putting myself through to get a REALLY nice one. trust me, Polecat's trigger job is worth so much more than the 20 i paid for it.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2002, 09:03 PM #35
ShUtTeRBoI

how short is it again 2mm? i can get mine down to 2.5
Old 05-11-2002, 09:27 PM #36
Apoc112

its 1.940 mm measured on our laser rule in the physics lab

Quote:
Old 05-11-2002, 09:57 PM #37
coffeeboy29
diarrhea candy corn

still kinda confused... so after sanding, should the very tip-top of the sear be at a 90 angle?
Old 05-12-2002, 03:33 PM #38
zephyr28

Back to top so people can ANSWER MY QUESTION!

Luke
Old 05-12-2002, 04:52 PM #39
Xyxyll

Xyxyll is a Supporting Member
To those that are interested in sanding their sear down to make their trigger pulls shorter, that's a good idea, but I wouldn't do it. Why? Because it is really not that easily reversable. Polishing the sear (sanding it down smooth and polishing) isn't bad, but sanding it down to get it lower... Instead, I would recommend getting a piece of microline and putting it around the pin that the end of the sear rests on (lowest pin you can knock out on the frame). This will do the same thing (lower the sear) w/o the possibility of sanding too far and messing up the gun (will burp every time you shoot). The microline thing is very easily adjustable and reversable. To lower the sear more, take some packaging tape and wrap it around the microline. To raise it, take off some tape.

And Apoc_101, could you explain to me what this roller sear thing is?

Last chance to get a Spyder ESP
Hall FX Kit!

Last edited by Xyxyll : 05-12-2002 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2002, 05:25 PM #40
zephyr28

:D

Xyxyll, you are brilliant. This now make sence! One problem though. If I'm correct this will increase the amount of foreward slack, therefore you can take off more overall slack, therefor a shorter trigger pull! Now this is all great and swell, except, my saftey gets in the way, so with a foreward slack reducer, I wont beable to use my saftey. I don't think my local field will be happy

Any fixes for the saftey??
Old 05-12-2002, 06:35 PM #41
spud majic
BR Machine

you have to file the saftey finger down so that it is set in the correct spot. you can do the micro line method but it still has a flat surface on the top of the sear. the curved surface will allow for more area to touch and not have to have the sear stick up so far(which shortens the pull) this is one of the keys to not having the sear round off with very short pulls.
www.geocities.com/brmachineco
Old 05-12-2002, 07:48 PM #42
kashanova905
I Shot the Sheriff

how good of a job does polecat do, and whats the end result.... anyway i cant get a hold of ferret... wonder why