Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-05-2002, 05:14 PM #1
Paint Bull
A Newt? -

has been a member for 10 years
Question Worst Trait !!

I know you all love your tribal, and I too think they are really cool, and going down to the heamburger joint today to look for a job to buy one....

BUt.

What is the worst thing about the Tribal.

and dont tell me nothing, be honest.

Thanks,
PainT BUll
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2002, 05:22 PM #2
warpedmephisto

warpedmephisto is a Supporting Member
I'd have to say the fact that they went out of business or that a lot of people stereotype them in a bad way, but you can just prove those people wrong by gogging them
Old 03-05-2002, 05:27 PM #3
SteveIsGr8

The finish work on the milling and the anodizing. It does not affect the performance, but the quality is not top notch. Don't get me wrong, it's not that it's really bad, or that it's not cool, just not up to custom or Angel work. But then again, most production guns are not.

Steve
Old 03-05-2002, 05:31 PM #4
Paint Bull
A Newt? -

anything that doesnt work about it?

does it need a new reg or anything?

anything else guys?

thanks for the replies.

I noticed the sloppy milling/ano
I dont care about going out of buisness as long as soldier air and others are around
Old 03-05-2002, 05:47 PM #5
SteveIsGr8

Most people say the stock verticle reg WILL fail sooner or later. So replacing that is about all that needs to be done. I have not had mine long enough to see if there are any real quality problems, but all seems okay.

Steve
Old 03-05-2002, 05:58 PM #6
Have Blue

Have Blue is a Supporting Member
Worst thing on the Tribal? That dang inline reg. Sure, if it's working, it does fine. But after the adjustment screw wears on the valve seat and the valve seat locks to the reg body, you're screwed.

Second worst thing on the Tribal? That blasted diode on the backplate that dies if you look at it wrong.

Third worst thing? Fragile wiring - those battery leads just love to break away.

#2 and #3 were two of the major reasons for developing the Warlord.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:13 PM #7
me262
corporate slave

i found somthing slightly anoying on the meph board. (well only if your not fully awake when you stick the battery in if you stick it on backwards instead of killing a diode, it kills the voltage reg luckly they are inexpensive.
LONG LIVE THE SERVOS!!........
Old 03-05-2002, 08:29 PM #8
EasterBunny
cheeZe, not cheeSe

Unhappy slight prob.

sometimes-i emphasize sometimes- adjusting the AOC can be a bizz-cht, but thats why these forums are here, as well as Haveblue & Me262 (great WWII Luftwaffe jet).
Old 03-05-2002, 08:29 PM #9
NightGyr
19 Kilo

thing i dont like? thay are gas hogs. i got about 500 shots on a tank . not a problem now as a new field opened where air is included in field fee, but it gets expensive when u have to fill a tank 4x a day at $3 a fill

but, if what i hear is correct, the LPR adapters have blue or me262 sell help on efficiency greatly, no?
[size]Glacier Fluster #1Glacier Fluster #2

Got a gash on my head, And a grin on my face, And a shadow called danger.
Hidin' in the sheets, And on the streets, In the hearts of every stranger.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:48 PM #10
Have Blue

Have Blue is a Supporting Member
Good point, me262 - those 78L05s don't have reverse battery protection (one reason why I didn't use them on the Warlord).

The LPR adapters I have eliminate the AOC, so you get a nice big chamber in front of the valve. Combine that with a RED valve, and you'll certainly boost your efficiency.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:20 PM #11
Kevin O'Dell
Play nice or else.

I agree with most of the points mentioned here. The stock regs are the weak point of the tribals, but most people swap out the stock regs on everything anyway. But it should work ok until you decide what to replace it with. The diode and wiring can also be weak points, but if you are carefull when replacing the battery or removing the frame, you shouldn't have any problems. As far as gas hogs, a well tuned tribal is fairly air efficient. My Twister gets about 800 shots out of a 68/4500 running at 300psi. I'm sure my Mephisto uses a little more air running at 200psi, but the benefits of running at low pressure far outweigh a little extra air usage. And if you are carefull with Co2 (anti-siphon tank and a good aftermarket reg that can handle Co2) a 20oz could last you all day. The LPR mods from Blue or Me262 work wonders for efficiency and reliability, and even the sonic LPRs, if you can find one, is a big improvement. My biggest problem with the Tribals is that it is so easy to outshoot my loader. A 12v revy, even with the x-board is no match if I get on the trigger.
!WARNING! Contents under extreme pressure. May explode if subjected to whiners, liars or cheaters. Does not play well with wipers. Keep away from open flaming. Failure to follow these guidelines could result in pain, loss of game or serious personal disgrace.

F/S Blue Impulse w/Vision and ups.
Will consider trades for Tribal Twister(pref.2.2) or other up'd tribals
Old 03-05-2002, 09:38 PM #12
warpedmephisto

yea the one thing i still do with my Meph is chop, and i have a friggin warp feed!!!! Oh well, i think that most of the was due to opening up on autoresponse The wiring sux too but Have Blue will hook you up if something ever shoots craps.
Old 03-05-2002, 10:11 PM #13
Kevin O'Dell
Play nice or else.

Unhappy

And I was hoping a warp would fix the problem . Oh well, maybe if I just wear ski gloves...
!WARNING! Contents under extreme pressure. May explode if subjected to whiners, liars or cheaters. Does not play well with wipers. Keep away from open flaming. Failure to follow these guidelines could result in pain, loss of game or serious personal disgrace.

Old 03-05-2002, 10:30 PM #14
warpedmephisto

ya, so was i but oh well. It looks cool tho. Im tryin to get a hold of some companies that will custom make an 11 or 10.5 volt battery pack, so i WONT be worring about chopping Im thinkin bout puttin a halo on the warp too but im a lil short on cash right now.
Old 03-05-2002, 10:39 PM #15
Kevin O'Dell
Play nice or else.

I'm thinking about a Halo also. I have a high rise off of a Dark Angel on my Twister, and that helped a little with the revy, but after 5 or 6 fast shots I might as well use a spray can. I hate to say it, but I had an eggolution (UGH!) and it kept up nicely, when it didn't jam.

Last edited by Kevin O'Dell : 03-05-2002 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:42 AM #16
fastang347
MILK DUD MAFIA KILLA

fastang347 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ya lprs help alot me262 just did my twister i get 1000 + on a 68 4500 its like i got a whole new gun i was feed up with this thing till i got the full fear done now it just plain rocks i cant put it down i never chop a ball all i have is a 12 v revy with a x board with a darlin bolt (thanks me262) i love that bolt
later guys
Old 03-06-2002, 02:19 PM #17
Canned Weenies

Aside from breaking my battery wires (oops), I had that whole first shot drop off thing going for me for a while. I just boosted the dwell, which eliminated the problem.

So, aside from those two things which are taken care of, my biggest gripe is cleaning paint out of the goddamn milling. Argh!
Old 03-06-2002, 03:04 PM #18
TheTramp

Setting the AOC is the worst thing. Luckly there are several ways to replace this component.

AO feedback: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40134
Old 03-07-2002, 02:35 PM #19
Kansas Kaos
Fresh Crow served daily

Kansas Kaos is a Supporting Member
Kansas Kaos is a founding member
Not really a problem but......

the indicators on the BBT, Twister, Fluster,Addicted & Flame switch plate...... how many of you have a marker where all 3 indicator lights actually work?? Besides my Mephistos I have a BBT & 2 Flames right now all of them only have one working indicator light. The funny thing is each one has a different color working........ green, yellow or red
Old 03-07-2002, 02:38 PM #20
Blink Child
I Smoke Rocks!!

Blink Child is a founding member
anyone thinking of getting a halo, dont, they sux! my friend has one on his angel and:

1) the thing weighs like 10lbs
2) it is bigger and more bulky than a 12volt revy
3) it takes about 5 AAA batteries which makes it heavier.
4) the little button that turns it on/off is really hard to push.
5) the lid gets stuck a lot
6) it really doesnt help with chopping. my friend shoots about 10-13 and he still chops a lot with his angel.

the cool things about the halo:

1) it has a little ball detent in the feed neck which will hold the balls in if you take it off the gun.

you have heard from someone that has had experience with halos, and i dont like them. but heh, you can do what you want
Old 03-08-2002, 12:00 AM #21
Kevin O'Dell
Play nice or else.

Question Ok, I'm lost...

When did they start spelling Tribal h a l o, and why the wasn't I informed?!

Hey Kansas, I've had 4 Tribals (or are they halos, I'm still confused) and all of the leds worked on them. Did you use a Halo on them? Maybe it overloaded your leds