Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 06:31 PM #1
26pcrss

26pcrss is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pimp VS matrix

BEFORE YOU FLAME!!!

i looked in the vs thread and it said to make your own thread, then the maker of the vs thread will prolly put it in there..

BUT ANYWAYS

im torn between a pimp and a trix. what features that the trix have are better than the pimp? what features on the pimp are better then the trix? ill get the evo 2 and some other things get ready for the new, faster gun, so dont tell me what to get. just gun and why

Last edited by 26pcrss : 05-15-2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2004, 11:33 PM #2
elitepballer56

man you have to go with the pimp its amazing and it will never break a ball its definitly my next gun. the thing that it has over the matrix is that the pimp doesn't have a ball per second capability so its fast as hell
Old 05-16-2004, 12:23 AM #3
maxonpbn

pimp all the way.......

Last edited by *NiTr0* : 05-29-2004 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:16 PM #4
KiLLA TrixTa (Banned)
Star Dropper

matrix > ALL GUNS
Old 05-16-2004, 03:34 PM #5
MArGarItA

i recently watched a video of an omen and was disgusted by it... Dm4>anything
Old 05-16-2004, 03:41 PM #6
mauikalohe

mauikalohe is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by MArGarItA
i recently watched a video of an omen and was disgusted by it... Dm4>anything
Thread is about a PIMP man, not omen - and if your talking about EvilOman!'s vid- that was not a good example of an omen at all.

PIMP and Matrix are good guns - you'll be happy with either - but I vote PIMP
Old 05-16-2004, 05:47 PM #7
paintballmatt15
Banned

ya evil omens! vid wasnt very good. the music and everything was nice, but the accuracy on it was bad, the speed wasnt great, and overall wasnt a very good vid. try lookn at soem others b4 u make ur decision on the omen.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:34 PM #8
BeenPimpSlapped?
Obi-Wan-PIMP-Nobi

BeenPimpSlapped? is a Supporting Member
I'd hold out and wait for the DM5. Though I hear it will be pricey, being that it's dipped in platinum... so you can hang it around your neck for ultimate BLING and NOOB respect. Remember it's not the marker, it's the player. If you tried playing without a marker and just threw balls, you'd really suck. Therefor the marker makes the player not the other way around.

Dude save the money and get a PIMP...Same performance for a lot less.
Or save the money and get an OMEN with PD chip...Maybe 10% less performance for about 1/4 the price. And besides quit kidding yourself, you fingers and hopper just aren't that fast.
BeenPimpSlapped? Official Fan Club Member #1
Kinda scary that "The.Evil.Tech", the "smart" guy at EVIL can't figure out the double post thing..gotta stop using that ramping mouse..
Offical Jenna Jameson Fan Club Member #1
I'm the forgotten EVIL BETA tester..and PIMP-FU MASTER
Old 05-18-2004, 02:34 PM #9
pkl2k3
Yarp

well they both come with pimped out acceseries, the trix might have speed on it, but they pimp has just too many acceseries already on it. u dont even have to buy a drop. only a hopper. i looooooooove trixes but th emore i think about it, if u havbe been saving up for a while and if u have the $$$s easily and want the best gun get the trix

Old 05-18-2004, 07:06 PM #10
max_winderbaum
Its all focus.

WOW I shouldn't be saying this in the evil forum, but trixes are much better than imps of any kind, I've owned both and shot all types of both and the trix has enough rof to accomadate all you guys, and the sound, kick, and feel of the gun is a world apart. Plus, look at videos of both and you can see the difference in rof right away. Either that or some really slow walkers shoot the pimp. From what I've experienced the trix is better.

O btw I'm AMAZED that evil added break beam eyes to the imp!! HALLELUYAH!!

DBS WARRIOR

This is big boy paintball. Get over it.

Old 05-18-2004, 09:32 PM #11
jaredm

pimp<matrix the matrix wins by far.....less kick......more accurate......flatter tragectory....and made better
Old 05-18-2004, 10:15 PM #12
tighty_whitey2189
18 WHEELA

( i know that this is the evil section and im probly going to regret saying this but here goes)

ya know. . . its pretty sad that this poll is in the evil section and matrix still is winning. I guess it helps that none has really shot the pimp but it is still pretty sad. I guess it just proves how "pimp" the matrix is.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:36 AM #13
geaux

geaux is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by tighty_whitey2189
( I guess it just proves how "pimp" the matrix is.
How does not speaking prematurely about a marker that hasn't been released yet prove how pimp the matrix is? I must have missed something.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:42 PM #14
jaredm

isnt the pimp just a imp with evil upgrades and a new board and eyes.........it cant be that grea just a imp with upgrades and evil ones which nobody likes
Old 05-19-2004, 05:58 PM #15
BeenPimpSlapped?
Obi-Wan-PIMP-Nobi

Sorry you think the trix is wining here on the evil site. Thing is this about the 5th thread like this and we are tired of comparisons with a marker that isn't even out yet. It's kinda stupid. Speaking of stupid...the trix has a flater, more accurate trajectory? Where you'd go to scholl for physics? Accuracy is soley the result of paint to barrel match and with the pipe kit the PIMP wins period. As for trajectory it's the same for all markers, it's based on where you point it and FPS leaving the barrel. The PIMP has a better reg and better efficiency. It does not have the normal EVIL imp addons. They are newely designed specifically for the pimp.

Now in my book a marker that shoots as fast or faster with it's uncapped board, has better efficiency and consistency with a better reg, break beam eyes, pipe kit barrel system, no FSDO, and still cost less wins. PERIOD. Unless you just want some arm candy to impress the noobs.

PLEASE wait for the PIMP to actually come out to make any further comparisons. It's not just an up'd IMP. It's originally based on the IMP however, internal design, noid, board, eyes, grip, trigger, have all been changed for the better. Not just improved but actually different. Read the FAQ section for the preliminary specs and then come back to argue with some facts not just Trix>PIMP cause I said so...

Oh and the slow *** video is the first video from the early stages of board design and is not an indicator of it's speed. Check the latest post on the FAQ where an A4 user said it is faster than his new angel...
Kinda scary that "The.Evil.Tech", the "smart" guy at EVIL can't figure out the double post thing..gotta stop using that ramping mouse..
Old 05-19-2004, 06:11 PM #16
Supa-Fella
BGC

Quote:
Originally posted by BeenPimpSlapped?
Sorry you think the trix is wining here on the evil site. Thing is this about the 5th thread like this and we are tired of comparisons with a marker that isn't even out yet. It's kinda stupid. Speaking of stupid...the trix has a flater, more accurate trajectory? Where you'd go to scholl for physics? Accuracy is soley the result of paint to barrel match and with the pipe kit the PIMP wins period. As for trajectory it's the same for all markers, it's based on where you point it and FPS leaving the barrel. The PIMP has a better reg and better efficiency. It does not have the normal EVIL imp addons. They are newely designed specifically for the pimp.

Now in my book a marker that shoots as fast or faster with it's uncapped board, has better efficiency and consistency with a better reg, break beam eyes, pipe kit barrel system, no FSDO, and still cost less wins. PERIOD. Unless you just want some arm candy to impress the noobs.

PLEASE wait for the PIMP to actually come out to make any further comparisons. It's not just an up'd IMP. It's originally based on the IMP however, internal design, noid, board, eyes, grip, trigger, have all been changed for the better. Not just improved but actually different. Read the FAQ section for the preliminary specs and then come back to argue with some facts not just Trix>PIMP cause I said so...

Oh and the slow *** video is the first video from the early stages of board design and is not an indicator of it's speed. Check the latest post on the FAQ where an A4 user said it is faster than his new angel...
and yet, there are evil owners on here sayin the pimp is better.....( you yourself sayin the pimp will have the same performance, but how can you tell if its not even out?)
i wont compare either, and as for your DM5 remark....well, its not nessarily the speed that attracts people to guns, there's efficiency(sp?), smoothness, feel, etc....
Old 05-19-2004, 06:31 PM #17
BeenPimpSlapped?
Obi-Wan-PIMP-Nobi

The DM5 remark has to do with people talking out there *** not peoples quest for speed, though it seems most of the speed demons do talk out their ***. What I have said a couple times is both markers are superb (at least the PIMP looks it so far..). Both markers exceed the abilities of 99% of the players reading this forum. So when it comes down to it, it really is going to be personal preference. Both markers ROCK.
With simular performance, for me and some others, price wins. For others it's style or a higher price, or balance, or trigger, or feel etc..
Sorry just tired of empty rebutles that just say EVIL sucks, or trix wins, with no specific examples of how and why, not to mention how it would actually impact most players. Glad you choose not to compare, most likely the smartest post yet. That's the only way to go untill you've shot both and can speak from experience. Since I haven't shot both either(waiting on the PIMP), I will shut up untill I do.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:46 PM #18
elitepballer56

like i said before go with the pimp kit it kicks *** shot one last weeked has no bps cap so its a beast could use alittle help on accuracy but its all around a great gun.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:32 PM #19
Supa-Fella
BGC

Quote:
Originally posted by elitepballer56
like i said before go with the pimp kit it kicks *** shot one last weeked has no bps cap so its a beast could use alittle help on accuracy but its all around a great gun.
if by no bps cap, you mean an uncapped board, then im afraid to tell you that that wont have a very big effect if you cant shoot over 20 bps.....
Old 05-20-2004, 03:08 PM #20
26pcrss

26pcrss is a Supporting Member
i think i'm gonna go with an omen, pdp chip, and a lot of other upgrades (can you tell me which ones i should get first? like flush cocking thing etc....) a pipe and one of those omen blade triggers
Old 05-20-2004, 04:07 PM #21
gavi_omen
Just posthumously demoted

Just curious, but does the position of the bolt at firing have anything to do with accuracy at all? I mean, it seems that the paint barrel match is almost 100 percent of it but I have also seen guns that may just have players with very good accuracy behind them shooting darts with no paint barrel match at all. So, in the end, what is the real purpose of advertising the closed bolt?
"Originally posted by Pablo2K4
[I got a boner at]
church, going up to get the host at Catholic Mass. I guess there's just something about Mary
"
わたしをやきころしてください
Closed Thread