Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-07-2003, 05:35 AM #1
Eyecare

Eyecare is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Paintball in Germany

Apparently there's a law that was passed in 1999 that hasn't been strickly enforced until now that requires everyone (in Hessen) to have an F stamp on their paintball guns. Paintball guns without the F stamp are considered firearms and can be confiscated by local authorities if you don't have a Waffenbesitzkarte.
Details are below:
Quote:
Originally posted by arka
Here's a translated copy, Weapons Law, HSOG (Hessian law on public security and order)

From the weapons law aspect the legal perspective concerning purchase, posession and use of Soft-Air Weapons is the following:

Since the repeal of ordinance 6 of the Weapons Law, members of the US Forces have been subject to the provisions of the weapons law reference purchase and ownership of privately owned firearms since 01 Apr 99.

Assuming, that the members of the US Forces are using the paintball fields in their free time and do not use service weapons. In this respect the NATO SOFA agreement is not applicable as an exemption of the weapons law.

These soft-air weapons-if they are properly marked with an "F" inside a pentagon (Para. 13 Sec.2 Weapons Law, in conjuction with Addendum 1 No. 11 weapons ordinance)- may be purchased by persons over the age 18 without special permit. If this marking is not displayed on the weapon, the purchase of this weapon requires a gun license.

Carrying these weapons outside this fenced-in area always requires a gun license, and shooting requires a shooting license. Within the fenced-in area, soft-air weapons weapons may be carried without a license provided the domestic authority agrees.

Shooting soft-air weapons within the fenced-in area, according to para. 45 sec.6, No 2a weapons law, without a license may granted by the domestic authority if the projectiles do no exceed a movement energy of 7.5 joules (225 fps?) and the projectiles can not leave the fenced-in area. In the present case, it must be guaranteed, by walls, fences or similar construction, that the projectiles can not pass the boundaries of the used area. If this is not the case, then shooting these weapons by members of the US Forces also requires a shooting permit.

F-stamps apparently cost 35 euros and are good for the life of the gun. The Darmstadt Outdoor Rec people will begin enforcing this law this coming season. They are also working on getting out information on how best to get a stamp for your gun. Please contact them for more information.

Pics of my guns

Doc's SP Patent FAQ and related article

Last edited by Eyecare : 03-10-2003 at 03:04 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2003, 05:37 AM #2
Eyecare

Contact Information for Paintball Fields

Since there isn't a concise thread yet on who to call and where to go, I'll post this information and will update as new info comes in. In general, military paintball fields close during winter months and reopen in late March or early April.
Mannheim Outdoor Rec - Located at Building 357 on Taylor Barracks
  • Field: Gruenstadt Communication Site (Rheinland-Pfalz?)
    DSN 381-7215/7232
    CIV 0621-730-7215/7232
    FAX 0621-721653
    For Paintball Unit/Group Reservations details, please call civ. 0621-739251
    Comments: All equipment, Paintball & CO2 are available on site. Cost: $20 per person. Price includes gun, mask, 7 oz CO2 gas. Cost $10 if you have your own equipment. Walk-ons are welcomed on scheduled play days. All play days are held rain or shine. Groups of 15 or more require advance registration . Meeting point is at the Schuh Theater, BFV at 8 a.m. (Call in advance for scheduled play days - not open every weekend)
Kaiserslautern Rod & Gun Club - Located at Building 2960 Vogelweg
  • Field: Vogelweg (Rheinland-Pfalz)
    DSN 489-7274
    CIV 0631-536/7274
    Comments: Paintball - Sat & Sun 1000-1600 (lots of wooded fields; some wooden bunker "hyperball") See the separate Vogelweg thread for more details.
Heidelberg Rod & Gun Club - Located near Oftersheim
  • Field: near Oftersheim (Baden-Wurttemberg)
    CIV 06202-51193
    (Outdoor Rec.- DSN: 388-9282; civilian (06221) 338-9282)
    Comments: Small field, scuba air only, rental guns and masks available. Saturdays only? (call in advance)
Darmstadt
Outdoor Rec located at Bldg. 4017 (CFK)
  • Field: at Griesheim Air Field (Hessen)
    DSN 348-6277
    CIV 06151-69-6277
    Comments: Expanding to four fields, one of the better setups (non-woodsball) in Germany. Grand re-opening last weekend in March
Kitzingen Rod and Gun Club located at Harvey Barracks, Bldg. 166. (Woodland Inn)
  • Field: Harvey Barracks (Bayern)
    DSN 355-8230
    CIV 09321-305230
    Pro Shop DSN 355-8609, CIV 09321-305609
    Comments:
Mainz-Finthen
  • Field: Urban combat simulation area (See post below)

This is all I know of US Military based fields. I'm sure there are probably others. terrorizer666 was kind enough to included a post on LN fields in Germany in a different post. I'll quote him here just to be complete.

Quote:
Originally posted by terrorizer666
Hey boys, check this out :

Neustadt:

Am Eichberg 1
35279 Neustadt/Mengsberg (Hessen)
Telefon: 0692 / 5590
(Tel. gemeinsam genutzt mit "Motoradtreff Mengsberg")

Okriftel / PaintballFabrik Indoor:

Paintballfabrik
Kirchgrabenstr. 18
65795 Hattersheim
Stadtteil Okriftel

Friedewald

Mad Devils

Daniel Diel Tel.0171/8413687
www.Paintball-Arena.de

Diedenbergen / PaintballFabrik Outdoor

"Sportpark Rhein Main"
an der Wildsachsender Str.
65719 Hofheim
Stadtteil Diedenbergen

Kassel Velmeden

Team 6pack unter Federführung Bunte Bälle e.V.
Ansprechpartner Stefan 0172/6770093 oder Matze 0174 / 6119999
Mail an Stefan@redscorpion.de
www.team-6pack.de/spielfeld.php

Hope that helps
Ben
I played at the Okriftel/Hattersheim PaintballFabrik indoor field. It's just West of Frankfurt and the guys running the place are very friendly. Since it's indoor and relatively confined, the speed limit is 220fps or so and is monitored on the field by their numerous refs. The bottom floor is Airball while the second floor is the staging area, chrono area and small wooden bunker setup. The third floor has more wooden bunkers. (If you go by European convention, make the first floor the ground floor and work up from there.) They have compressed air and CO2 available as well as paintballs for sale. I think they want you to buy their paintballs as well but it's been a while since I last went there. These same guys run an outdoor field at Hofheim - Diedenbergen but I haven't played there yet.

Here's a link to a German PB Forum that lists local fields, teams, etc.: German PB Info

Pics of my guns

Last edited by Eyecare : 06-13-2003 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:25 PM #3
carlalexbarrett

thanks for the info. How do you know that the law will be inforced this year?Also will it be enforced on base or just off? Because I really dont see the field taken 80 procarbines and paying 35 euros a piece for a stamp.

thanksgiving is holocaust for the turkeys!
poor little turkey tastes so good

looking for
sonic grip frame for bushy
black asa adapter for bushy
Old 03-10-2003, 02:56 AM #4
Eyecare

Keep in mind that the law arka cited is Hessan and only should apply when you're transporting or playing with paintball guns within this state. I don't know if other states have similar laws.

Pics of my guns

Old 03-10-2003, 06:03 AM #5
floatera2
NYX all the Way!!!!

you need everywhere in germany a F stamp on your markers! ****in laws
Old 03-10-2003, 02:48 PM #6
Eyecare

Millenium Series 2003 European Paintball Tournaments

Just in case you have the time to attend any of these..
  • April 19-21 - Bitburg, Germany (Max Masters) aka: MAXS European Masters 2003 "European Championship"
    For more info call (49) 6031-77033
    or email cmcmaxs@aol.com
  • May 30-June 1 - Amsterdam, Holland (Amsterdam (Mayhem) Masters)
    For more info call (44) 1273-696700
    or email diablodirectyahoo.co.uk

And here's some info on the European 5-man championships:
  • October 4-5 - Ashford, Kent, England
    url Euro 5-man

Pics of my guns

Last edited by Eyecare : 07-23-2003 at 06:08 AM.
Old 03-12-2003, 03:21 PM #7
tazzhc10

Anyone know if the Greisheim field is opening earlier than the last weekend of march...just a rumour i heard.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:15 AM #8
Eyecare

There is a tournament there the weekend before that. Give them a call to confirm.

Pics of my guns

Old 03-16-2003, 03:50 PM #9
arka

Sorry if there's a misundertanding here. Yes, floatera2 is right, "F" stamp is also required for our paintball markers. The law change in 1999, which requires the transfer of firearms (real firearms) registration to the local government. Nobody in the US side knows that paintball markers is a firearm. Here's some laws that will explain why paintball markers is a firearm in Germany.
FIREARM- characterized by PROJECTILES proppelled through a BARRELL.
FIREARM- can be air, co2, or spring operated
PROJECTILES- solid objects (bullets or shots),
gas, liquid or solid load in PACKET FORM which are intented to be shot throught a firearm.
"F" STAMP-7.5 Joule is the max projetile energy.

In the "Joule" thing (fps), make sure your markers shoots below 200 fps to be safe before you drive home.
Hope this help
Old 04-08-2003, 07:03 PM #10
terrorizer666

Sorry to correct you arka, but you are allowed to shoot with 7,5 joule , which are 214 fps in Germany officially.

Hope that helped,
Ben
Old 04-11-2003, 05:15 PM #11
arka

Quote:
Originally posted by terrorizer666
Sorry to correct you arka, but you are allowed to shoot with 7,5 joule , which are 214 fps in Germany officially.

Hope that helped,
Ben
You're right about the joule & fps. That is the 'MAX' speed allowed for markers with the "F" stamp. Above that speed, you need a 'FIREARM' license for your marker. According to their law,
paintball markers that shoots over 7.5 joules is prohibited. So, to be 'within the law' for us 'AMI', make sure your markers shoots below 200 fps before you go home. If not sure about this 'new' firearms law, visit mwrgermany.com.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:24 AM #12
Eyecare

I don't see a link to this law on the MWR site although I do references to rules for "real" firearms. Since the new law apparently classifies PB guns firing over 7.5 joules (~214fps) as firearms, the gist of all this seems to be that 99.9% of US personnel who own PB guns in Germany as well as most MWR rentals over here are in violation of this law.
I think what most of us needs to know is how best to get in compliance with this law. Most of us don't want to take the time to get a Waffenbesitzkarte. We just need the F stamp. Does anybody know how we apply for this?

Pics of my guns

Old 04-24-2003, 08:21 AM #13
terrorizer666

You can send your gun to the BKA - the Bundes Kriminal Amt.
They look up if your gun is registered as free weapon and put an F on it.
Just costs between 10 and 20 Euros.
Ben
Old 04-30-2003, 07:55 AM #14
Eyecare

Understand the Big Game Series in Veckring(en), France is a lot of fun. It's at an old abandoned military base on the Maginot Line. It says no BYOP but it's not clear how well that's enforced.

Also, I understand that you may be able to get an F-stamp from KPS Paintball Sport in Homburg. Just a rumor a I haven't tried it myself. Here's a partial translation of some paintball gun rules from their site: German law

I should also add a note that the Darmstadt (Griesheim) paintball field was temporarily closed last Wednesday for an indefinite period pending review of a recently discovered law designating that field as a wildlife/bird sanctuary. It surfaced when the Navy put in a request to build a microwave communications tower there. No idea when and if they'll reopen this field. It may have to be relocated. I played at Vogelweg instead this past Saturday. They've made some field improvements but HPA is still scarce.

If you want more info on Veckring, I believe carlalexbarrett is planning a group trip up there on 17 May.

Pics of my guns

Old 05-06-2003, 03:01 AM #15
AirAssault

AirAssault is a Supporting Member
Yo EyeCare, check your PM. We play about every weekend out near Wiesbaden, any one want to join us, shoot me an e-mail at army91c@hotmail.com. We are playing this weekend (11 may). e-mail for info, Germans welcome.

Last edited by AirAssault : 05-06-2003 at 03:14 AM.
Old 05-24-2003, 02:10 PM #16
AirAssault

Playing at the field 25 may, hope some of you can make it.
Old 05-24-2003, 03:07 PM #17
Eyecare

How do I get to your field again?

Pics of my guns

Old 05-24-2003, 04:20 PM #18
AirAssault

You have to make your way to Mainz-Finthen. If you e-mail me at army91c@hotmail.com and tell me where you live, I can give you directions, or you can just look it up on the map. MF is off the A60.

When you take the exit go through Finthen, keeping count of the gas stations. After you pass the second gas station, watch for the traffic island, you must turn left in front of this island. You can't really miss it, it is the only island after the second gas station. Once you make the left, just follow the road through the vineyards and such, then take the left fork in the road. If you go right you will go into the airport. Follow this road, you will see a baseball field on your left, and past that you will see the white brick buildings. Take the dirt road to the left into the "town", don't worry you will see it, and park by all the other cars.

My cell number is 01736815147 give me a call if you need help. We will be gathering at 1130-1200. If you have xtra paint, bring it you will be able to sell it. Email me if you need more info.

check out my posting about pb in Germany for pics of the field

Last edited by AirAssault : 05-24-2003 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 03:08 PM #19
Eyecare

Got word from the Darmstadt people that they're attempting to reopen their field next month. It'll still be located on the Griesheim field - just moved to a different location on that field.

I had an enjoyable few games with Rick "AirAssault" over at his Mainz-Finthen field today. It's an interesting variation from the usual speed ball or woods ball format as their field consists of assorted buildings, some with floors, basements and tunnels. Some games are played completely outside of buildings, some permit entry and others involved a few making a defensive stand in a bigger building while the rest attempt to storm it. They even had a small BBQ grill going and had some food to share. This is an unregulated field and works by common understanding of game play and safety rules. You'll need to bring your own equipment and balls although there were CO2 and SCUBA tanks available for refills. German players apparently show up every other week; US players apparently show every week. Start time is 1100-ish on Sundays. You may wish to check with AirAssault to make sure they're playing before you go. Here's the link to a map: Map of Mainz-Finthen field

Pics of my guns

Old 05-25-2003, 03:37 PM #20
AirAssault

I'm glad you had a good time, too bad the weather was crap. All are welcome, we will play again in 2 weeks so come on out.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:22 PM #21
terrorizer666

I´d love to come down this summer and Racegun your arse AirAssault

Don´t you happen to play some tourney a bit further north ? I am in Hamburg, pretty far to Darmstadt...