Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-05-2003, 12:27 AM #1
Alexi1337
The Snake of Reason

has been a member for 10 years
E-Grip for sentinel?

Anyone know if there are plans for an electronic grip for the sentinel anytime soon? I read somewhere that there was, but there's nothing at the AM site. I think it would be sweet!
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2003, 10:41 AM #2
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

Crash STP is a Supporting Member
The prototype has been completed , and I've got a pic of it here somewhere. The issue is demand for one. To make it at a reasonable price we need to do at least 100 of them at a time. I'll have AM Steve post a pic as I can't seem to get it off the PWPt disc I have.
Old 01-05-2003, 10:15 PM #3
Draknes
Blue/Silver Acid Wash TS

Are sentinels compatible with the grip frames of any other manufacturers? I would much rather get a Action Markers one, but in case they dont make it to production it would be nice to have an alternative.
Flame BBT 2.0 #1664
Fury chip
Mac Dev Sonic LPR
Full tune by warpedmephisto!

My Feedback
Old 01-05-2003, 10:50 PM #4
Alexi1337
The Snake of Reason

I think they take standard 45 frames, but Im not sure how it would work with another companies
Old 01-05-2003, 10:54 PM #5
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

e-force pirahna frames will work w/ some milling and shims
Old 01-05-2003, 11:07 PM #6
Draknes
Blue/Silver Acid Wash TS

Ok, it looks like I'll have to wait then. By the way, I should be getting my TS sometime this week. I'll tell you guys how it is once I test it out. I can't wait!
Flame BBT 2.0 #1664
Fury chip
Mac Dev Sonic LPR
Full tune by warpedmephisto!

My Feedback
Old 03-17-2003, 03:11 PM #7
Pstan
"Grauwolfe"

I'm seriously hoping these are still in the works. With an E Frame the Sentinel TS would be a really sweet machine. We need these.........The quality of the TS needs the speed of an E frame.

To the Action Markers team that's here .........What kinda price are we lookin at? Has development stopped? What can we do as owners to encourage these being manufactured? And lastly, could Action at least offer a Conversion Service for a PMI frame if these wont be made?

P

Many people read little, think they know everything, and talk too much. Most people should read everything, understand they know little, and never talk at all.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:34 PM #8
AM-Steve

Pstan,

We are still in the works on the E-frame for the Sentinel. At this moment it is not our top priority, as we have many other projects that we are working on simultaneously with it. We are commited to making sure that it gets produced though.

In the short run though – we do offer customization services on the Piranha e-frame, as well as almost any others. The price will depend on which frame that you get, as we have to do a different amount of work depending on the frame that we start with.

As owner’s to encourage us to make them. Well, posting here works, as well as emailing us (although spamming us won’t help). I would also strongly recommend emailing or calling any other frame maker and let them know that there is a market for Sentinel Frames. Centerflag springs to mind, as I know that they were considering it at one point. If they know that there is money to be made by making Sentinel frames, then I am sure that they will take the time to make them. The more people that get out there asking for the frames, the quicker the frames will get done.

As to the price of ours… I am really not sure, as it will depend on our costs involved in the production. We are dedicated to keeping the prices as low as possible.
on simultaneasly

http://www.actionmarkers.com
Old 03-17-2003, 06:21 PM #9
Pstan
"Grauwolfe"

Thanks Steve,

I know you guys have been diligently testing the Diadem and have that as a priority right now.........and I'm sure there are other things that Action is working on. I'm looking forward to the release of Diadem........and I do think you guys have done the right thing on trying to get ALL the bugs out before release.

I just wanted you guys to know that there are still those among us that prefer the E-Frame route. I can say most assuredly that I could sell 3 Sentinels tomorrow if there were an E-Frame model. The quality of build on these guns is outstanding to say the least. Most people that see my Sentinel cant stop talking about how nice it looks..............but they are dead set on an E Frame and will ultimately spend that money somewhere else. I truly felt like this thread was worth bringing back to life.........because I do believe the demand is there and people will spend a little more on a really nice product with wonderful support..........Consider the Tippmann A5 rounds out at around $350 with E-grip.......those are selling quite nicely I think.

P

Many people read little, think they know everything, and talk too much. Most people should read everything, understand they know little, and never talk at all.

Last edited by Pstan : 03-17-2003 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:10 AM #10
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

P-Stan ; did those things you needed get taken care of?

Nice post too. I hadn't heard from you lately - I take it by your tone that the markers living up to what I told you? LMK
Crash
Old 03-18-2003, 05:01 PM #11
Hobboy
take no guff from swine

Which e-frame requires the least amount of work?
Old 03-18-2003, 05:06 PM #12
Draknes
Blue/Silver Acid Wash TS

If I remember correctly, the Pirannah frames are the easiest to modify. Although there isn't much of a selection, this is actually good considering how nice the 2003 frames are.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:08 PM #13
Hobboy
take no guff from swine

Thumbs up

Thanks for the quick reply, Draknes.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:00 PM #14
Pstan
"Grauwolfe"

To my knowledge, the new PMI frames are composite........so that pretty much rules them out as an option. I dont think milled plastic is what we are looking for........lol. Now, the 2002 E-frames were aluminum, but those are obviously gonna dry up soon.

So...............

I guess we are just gonna have to really encourage the Action team to work these "up the ladder" so to speak. I do, as I posted earlier, believe that there is enough market around for these to sell though. Not only do I believe most that already have a Sentinel will buy one..............I believe it only adds to the selling points of the Action line and encourages new sales to new customers who want a high quality, E-framed marker from a good company that stands by what they produce.

I also believe the Scenario Series would see a jump in sales by adding the firepower of an E frame.

P

Old 03-19-2003, 02:50 PM #15
TreeGod

Hi everyone. The lower receiver that has been a joy to modify to fit a Sentinel is the Hyper Frame, by Center Flag made for the Inferno. There is not that much work to modifying and they don’t look bad after the work has been completed (we still need to mill down part of it). They are 100% aluminum, and are built like tanks. I have been using one on my Sentinel for the last 6 month’s and have had no problems with the operation of the marker. Also you can set the rate of fire so if you have an old revolution and don’t want to get a better hopper, you can set the frame to only fire at 8 bps and you will never out shoot your hopper.

We are working on getting one of our own as well, you can refer to AM-Steve's Post.
Old 03-19-2003, 02:59 PM #16
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

Thanks for the reply Ernest much appreciated.
BTW can you post a pic of that mod too?
also is that the short bus spelling of Ft.Wayne in your profile.....hehehehehe
Old 03-19-2003, 03:21 PM #17
Pstan
"Grauwolfe"

Thanks Ernest!!

Now we are getting somewhere.

We know we need a Centerflag Hyperframe for an Inferno. We also know that Action can do the conversion.

What else do we need to know? :

1. Where can we get a Hyperframe? Can Action get those for us in the conversion process? There arent any online stores that I know of that offer these..........

2. What kinda price are we lookin at on the conversion work if we provide the frame? What kinda price if Action provides the frame?

3. Will we need to send in our guns?

P

Old 03-19-2003, 05:52 PM #18
Pstan
"Grauwolfe"

Bad news.........

I just got off the phone with Centerflag. The Hyperframe is no longer in production for the Inferno. According to the representative from Centerflag that I talked to, they are shifting focus away from blowbacks.............all manufacturers have their own frames now and the market was saturated. This option is gone. We already ruled the PMI out because it's now plastic.

It's up to Action now.............I hope we dont have to wait long!!

Old 04-02-2003, 08:37 PM #19
Pstan
"Grauwolfe"

Just throwing a little gas on the fire here. Money is waiting and desires to be spent on some E "framage" for the Sentinel.

"Build it and they will come."

Old 04-02-2003, 10:42 PM #20
Draknes
Blue/Silver Acid Wash TS

Im sure you could find one of 2k2 PMI E-frames....
After getting the new sear the E-frame doesn't seem as necessary It's definitely at the bottom of my list of upgrades.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:48 PM #21
Pstan
"Grauwolfe"

Still at the top for me. Truthfully, my Sentinel is probably gonna take early retirement until the E-frames are out. The gun deserves better that the mech frame.....period. New sear is in my gun and the trigger is still not near where it should be. It's tweaked, polished, and short as can be, but it's still not what the quality of the rest of these guns deserve.

Like I said, people will continue to buy cheaper alternatives instead of the Sentinel until it has E-frame capability. However, people will spend $250-$300 on a quality gun like the Sentinel with E-frame because of the workmanship and service of Action Markers. A whole segment of the market is headed to other guns not nearly on the same plain as these guns based on this one point. I personally know 3 people..........which is $1000 Action wont make in the next 2 months. Sad, but true.

Dude, I'd spend $250 right now on just the frame if Action would offer it.

P