Here are a couple of new pics showing the bouncebeam eye in the chamber and the detents used. The eye is mounted at the base of the stock detent with about half of the eye covered by the detent. It is angled upward at about 45* so I can run the sensitivity up higher to help with darker paint.
There are two detents in place where the feedneck used to be. They use the old feedneck mounting holes to secure them and protrude through the old breech into the chamber. The front detent aids the stock detent to prevent double feeds and the one in the rear prevents roll-back. The fourth detent is at the base of the feedneck to keep balls from rolling in once the Qpod is empty. If they aren't forced in by the Q, since gravity cant help, they might hang halfway in the breech and get chopped ( assuming the eyes dont do their job, double insurance )
The eye is held in place by the stock detent. The wires are secured with a chunk of aluminum that I hacked into something like an eye cover. Not very pretty but it works. You may notice I drilled and tapped holes into the lower tube to secure the eye cover. The holes are on either side of the oring on the tip of the VA. I was concerned about leaks but when I aired it up and played around with the marker I found no leaks. If a problem arises I can always put a dab of RTV on the screws.
As you can see, I have exchanged the copper elbow with the stock Q elbow and use a piece of 1" rubber hose as a coupler. It absorbs shock pretty well. The black thing around the feed tube is a piece of a panty-hose ( don't ask ).
I've got a bunch of cases through since I finished the project a while ago and haven't had a single ball break this whole time.
I'm working on a nice compact elbow-block to replace what is currently being used. I want to bring that hose in toward the marker another inch and a half or so. I remember AGD worked on something a while ago, I might "borrow" their idea.